AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-18, 15:49   Link #20041
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You think? It comes rather easy to me.
If I don't do it right, it'll be shredded like confetti in a sawmill.

Quote:
Take one twig, and you can snap it easilly. Take a bundle of twigs, and snapping it becomes a lot harder. Same basic principle, a bundle if cables is going to be tougher then seperate cables spread over a surface. You completely missed my point. A bone is solid, which is what gives it its strength, spreading the same material and making it hollow reduces the strength.
Why would I spread them over the surface again? Why am I making a wire-mesh inside the Exoskeleton? Why would I not engineer the design so I have a bundle right along the master frame?
Not only would making the bundle as simple as possible reduce the chances of breakdown, but it would make maintanence easier when it's placed along the 'bone' of the frame. Not to mention less likely to be severed by a lucky hit.

Take this example:
http://www.terremoto.ca/images/exoskeleton.jpg

Where's all those messy wires? Where's the hollow tube you're talking about? Look at that simple framework. Your concerns... they don't exist.

Take that and wrap armor plating around it STAT!

Engineers are SMARTER than that.

They SOLVE problems...

Spoiler for They solve practical problems:

I will repeat to you, this is NOT a bug's exoskelleton. Engineers don't build stupid like that.

Quote:
The cyborgs have autorepair, remember? Similar to the human regeneration system, they repair whatever damage they take, reducing the amount of maintenance they need (even Subaru and Ginga only needed the ocasional checkup, not full-blown dismanteling).
Nanomolecular reconstruction systems. Would you like me to add that to the armor? They did it for Transformers the Movie.
NAH! That would be too easy and wank out the prototypes too much.

Quote:
Watch the missiles Admiral, several got through your defences because you mistook them for birds.
Missiles? You meet the PHALANX CIWS.

We probably have to agree to disagree. It's clear I have a better practical understanding of Powered armor than you. (Considering I've been looking into it for my private work for over two years.)
Old 2008-02-18, 16:10   Link #20042
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:

Keroko-chan:
Medical terms, actually. Not to mention that your terms were completely inacurate, as shemales are something completely different.

And it wouldn't hurt to learn some tact.
Arcas: I KNOW she-male was an inaccurate term - but it was what I could come up with off the top of my head. I'm not a walking encyclopedia like Tesla is.

Quote:
Keroko-kun: Ah, actually, more then half of the people here are simply people who admire them and would love a chance to get to know them better. Looks like you jumped to conclusions. Again.
Arcas: Problem with the fanclubs are they all look and sound the same. So, unless they're wearing a bright neon sign which says "Just want to know them better," or something like that, they're gonna get the wrong end of Apalis.

You can't blame people for jumping to conclusions when they don't have all the information.

Quote:
Tesla: *instant answer* A tactless, overprotective, rude person who jumps to conclusions faster then Fate can move. And you wonder why people call you a siscon.
Arcas: Tactless? Sure, it happens. Overprotective? Absolutely. Rude? On more than one occasion, but not always. Jumps to conclusions? Who DOESN'T, at least a few times? Tesla, if I'm supposed to be insulted by that, then you failed horribly. There're worse things to be in life.

Quote:
Yes, but most of your responses are hardly subject for debate, and hence easilly forgotten.
True - but I've been here awhile...
Old 2008-02-18, 16:21   Link #20043
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
If I don't do it right, it'll be shredded like confetti in a sawmill.
That's true.

Quote:
Why would I spread them over the surface again? Why am I making a wire-mesh inside the Exoskeleton? Why would I not engineer the design so I have a bundle right along the master frame?
Not only would making the bundle as simple as possible reduce the chances of breakdown, but it would make maintanence easier when it's placed along the 'bone' of the frame. Not to mention less likely to be severed by a lucky hit.

Take this example:
http://www.terremoto.ca/images/exoskeleton.jpg

Where's all those messy wires? Where's the hollow tube you're talking about? Look at that simple framework. Your concerns... they don't exist.

Take that and wrap armor plating around it STAT!

Engineers are SMARTER than that.

They SOLVE problems...

Spoiler for They solve practical problems:

I will repeat to you, this is NOT a bug's exoskelleton. Engineers don't build stupid like that.
That's not what your images say. Hell, that last image of the Olympian armor even had the wires outside the armored plating.

As for them not being hollow... a power armor is an exoskeleton that is supposed to have a human inside, of course it's hollow!

Quote:
Nanomolecular reconstruction systems. Would you like me to add that to the armor? They did it for Transformers the Movie.
NAH! That would be too easy and wank out the prototypes too much.
Concidering even Intelligent Devices have an autorepair (Raising Heart repaired itself in S1 after all), your armors not having them would make them a laughing stock, really. I'd say they need an AI to operate and coördinate the probes, though (in other words, they'd have to have a device-like conciousness).

Quote:
Missiles? You meet the PHALANX CIWS.

We probably have to agree to disagree. It's clear I have a better practical understanding of Powered armor than you. (Considering I've been looking into it for my private work for over two years.)
Obviously, but on the flipside my understanding of the Nanohaverse and its comings and goings far exceed yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Arcas: I KNOW she-male was an inaccurate term - but it was what I could come up with off the top of my head. I'm not a walking encyclopedia like Tesla is.
Keroko-kun: Hence, tactless. People are going to hate you for that, you know.

Quote:
Arcas: Problem with the fanclubs are they all look and sound the same. So, unless they're wearing a bright neon sign which says "Just want to know them better," or something like that, they're gonna get the wrong end of Apalis.

You can't blame people for jumping to conclusions when they don't have all the information.

Keroko-chan:
*whacks Arcas on the back of his head* What is up with that bullshit! I taught you better then that! If you don't have enough information, you find more information, standart rules of engagement!

Quote:
Arcas: Tactless? Sure, it happens. Overprotective? Absolutely. Rude? On more than one occasion, but not always. Jumps to conclusions? Who DOESN'T, at least a few times? Tesla, if I'm supposed to be insulted by that, then you failed horribly. There're worse things to be in life.
Tesla: You asked what kind of person you were, I answered. If you don't find that offensive, then there is no problem, is there?

Keroko-kun:
I would like to correct the 'it happens' analysis of tactless to 'pretty much every time I open my mouth' and jumping to conclusions should be 'all the time'

Quote:
True - but I've been here awhile...
Which is my point, you're not leaving much of an impression despite being here for so long, which is why people forget you.
Old 2008-02-18, 16:40   Link #20044
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Keroko-kun: Hence, tactless. People are going to hate you for that, you know.
Arcas: There are worse things to be hated for than putting your foot in your mouth.

Quote:
Keroko-chan: *whacks Arcas on the back of his head* What is up with that bullshit! I taught you better then that! If you don't have enough information, you find more information, standart rules of engagement!
Arcas: Ow! You don't have to hit me! And you don't always have the time to gather more information - sometimes you have to go in blind - Rogues know that better than anyone.

Quote:
Tesla: You asked what kind of person you were, I answered. If you don't find that offensive, then there is no problem, is there?
Arcas: No...it's just the way you phrased it.

Quote:
Keroko-kun: I would like to correct the 'it happens' analysis of tactless to 'pretty much every time I open my mouth' and jumping to conclusions should be 'all the time'
Arcas: I'm not sure how to interpret , so I'm just going to say that you're being facetious, okay?
Old 2008-02-18, 16:57   Link #20045
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:

That's not what your images say. Hell, that last image of the Olympian armor even had the wires outside the armored plating.

As for them not being hollow... a power armor is an exoskeleton that is supposed to have a human inside, of course it's hollow!
1: Those images are prelims. Once I do a function sketch of the design, clean it up, shrink those shoulder pads a little, it'll be all nice and solid. Remember, that's just the concept image.

2: As for hollow, you still miss the point. The armor plating surrounds the human. But the framework is most certainly more like sidelong bones. Look at the SARCOS exoskeleton again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hkCcoenLW4
You build the 'master frame' like a bone structure. This gets rid of that weakness problem you're talking about. You're not wearing hollow tubes. You're standing in a combat frame with a body pressure suit and overlapping, body covering plating matierals.

Quote:
Concidering even Intelligent Devices have an autorepair (Raising Heart repaired itself in S1 after all), your armors not having them would make them a laughing stock, really. I'd say they need an AI to operate and coördinate the probes, though (in other words, they'd have to have a device-like conciousness).

Then I guess I better have it in place then, since it's common tech.
Old 2008-02-18, 17:10   Link #20046
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Arcas: There are worse things to be hated for than putting your foot in your mouth.
Keroko-chan: ... you're hopeless. Oh well, I tried. Oi, Grandis, if you can teach him why tact is a good thing, feel free to do so. Don't hold back.

Quote:
Arcas: Ow! You don't have to hit me! And you don't always have the time to gather more information - sometimes you have to go in blind - Rogues know that better than anyone.

Keroko-chan:
You're damn right I know! Why do you think Rogue Squadron has the highest casualty rate of any Squadron in the TSAB?! That's why I try to gather as much data as possible, even when its impossible to do so! Your irresponsible attitude is what costs us lives out there!

Quote:
Arcas: No...it's just the way you phrased it.
Tesla: Bluntly?

Quote:
Arcas: I'm not sure how to interpret , so I'm just going to say that you're being facetious, okay?

Keroko-kun:
I was merely stating facts.

Quote:
1: Those images are prelims. Once I do a function sketch of the design, clean it up, shrink those shoulder pads a little, it'll be all nice and solid. Remember, that's just the concept image.
Then I'll reserve judgement untill I see them.

Quote:
2: As for hollow, you still miss the point. The armor plating surrounds the human. But the framework is most certainly more like sidelong bones. Look at the SARCOS exoskeleton again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hkCcoenLW4
You build the 'master frame' like a bone structure. This gets rid of that weakness problem you're talking about. You're not wearing hollow tubes. You're standing in a combat frame with a body pressure suit and overlapping, body covering plating matierals.
I was refering to the plates as the bones, actually. Anyway, that oughta eliminate the major weaknesses indeed, but it still doesn't convince me that such armors are better then a Device/Barrier Jacket combo. Still, since its being developped by a robo-mania, it now at least makes sense why its being developped.
Old 2008-02-18, 18:55   Link #20047
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Tesla: *instant answer* A tactless, overprotective, rude person who jumps to conclusions faster then Fate can move. And you wonder why people call you a siscon.
Franz: "Tesla, that was most awesome win." "Seriously, Arcas, lay off. I don't like the fact that my sister seems to be interested in Shamsel Nagisa. I don't like the fact she's in the Order. I don't like the fact that in MC0073 both of us nearly died in each other's arms together. But she chose this life, and I don't give her any crap on this matter. Unlike you... hey, Mikhail?"
Mikhail: "Yeah?"
Franz: "What would it take for me to get you guys to designate Arcas as a threat to the TSAX, a cancer that must be cured?"
Mikhail: "...what kind of threat?"
Franz: "Eh, I'll think of something. Maybe disruption of warfighting ability or something... incompetance bordering on treason..."
Mikhail:"Hmmm...." *whispers*
Franz:"...aw hell, forget it. The only way I can pay that off is to break the Sergeant Major's record."

Quote:
Franz: "Yeah, like killing your sister's parents and lying to her for twenty years,"

Quote:
Franz: *facepalm* "Hey, I'm more hot blooded than you, and even I wait to develop intel first before I strike. None of us want to hit the wrong target. We were the guys who went in blind against the Spawn. We were the ones who developed the intel on them. I was the guy who learned the hard way that AR rounds don't work on Hydralisk - the damned mike foxtrot tanked an entire AR mag - and all of those were headshots!"
Yuuno: "But that was a pretty big head..."
Franz: "The universe hates me! The one time I get to show off my skills they don't work! I saw my rounds bouce off the thing's head!
Yuuno: "How'd you kill it?"
Ivanovich: "Sniped it with my 99C."

Quote:
Franz: "And you're being an idiot."
Psycho: "And a sick fuck who wants to do his sisters."
Chief: "..."

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-18, 19:49   Link #20048
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Keroko-chan: ... you're hopeless. Oh well, I tried. Oi, Grandis, if you can teach him why tact is a good thing, feel free to do so. Don't hold back.
Arcas: Hey, it's not that I think tact is a BAD thing - it's just impractical sometimes.

Quote:
Keroko-chan: You're damn right I know! Why do you think Rogue Squadron has the highest casualty rate of any Squadron in the TSAB?! That's why I try to gather as much data as possible, even when its impossible to do so! Your irresponsible attitude is what costs us lives out there!
Arcas: Look, I'm not USED to intel gathering. The RAF has its own intelligence gathering department, which gives the squads the data we need. And I'm not irresponsible; I'm just as much in support of info gathering as you are - but I'll repeat myself - there are times when you CAN'T DO ANYTHING to gather intel! Then, you go in with what you have. That's not being irresponsible; that's being practical.

Quote:
Tesla: Bluntly?
Arcas: Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Franz: "Tesla, that was most awesome win." "Seriously, Arcas, lay off. I don't like the fact that my sister seems to be interested in Shamsel Nagisa. I don't like the fact she's in the Order. I don't like the fact that in MC0073 both of us nearly died in each other's arms together. But she chose this life, and I don't give her any crap on this matter. Unlike you... hey, Mikhail?"
Mikhail: "Yeah?"
Franz: "What would it take for me to get you guys to designate Arcas as a threat to the TSAX, a cancer that must be cured?"
Mikhail: "...what kind of threat?"
Franz: "Eh, I'll think of something. Maybe disruption of warfighting ability or something... incompetance bordering on treason..."
Mikhail:"Hmmm...." *whispers*
Franz:"...aw hell, forget it. The only way I can pay that off is to break the Sergeant Major's record."
Reiji: Forget it is right. 1 man does not = cancer.

Quote:
Franz: "Yeah, like killing your sister's parents and lying to her for twenty years,"
Arcas: That would most definitely qualify.

Reiji: Okay, seriously now. Is this We-Hate-Arcas Day or something? Seems like every time I have him make an intimation against Grandis, half the major OCs of the thread gangbang him for was a stupid, honest mistake. Seriously, it was my idea that he didn't like (and still doesn't, to a degree) Hayate's boyfriend. It seems awfully vindictive to jump a character whose only mistake (from where I sit) is that he didn't roll over regarding their romance.

If it were just Aaron, I'd understand - it's his character after all. But I have to wonder what's going on when it's more than just him. The only thing I can think of is that I said something awhile ago that offended a bunch of people.

I mean, seriously, I feel like this is overkill for one small, personal decision. Would you do this to someone who simply didn't have the same favorite food?

Am I getting thru, or is what I'm trying to say lost, or am I just not understanding what's going on here?
Old 2008-02-18, 20:04   Link #20049
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Arcas: Hey, it's not that I think tact is a BAD thing - it's just impractical sometimes.
Keroko-chan: Not having tact is even more impractical most of the times.

Quote:
Arcas: Look, I'm not USED to intel gathering. The RAF has its own intelligence gathering department, which gives the squads the data we need. And I'm not irresponsible; I'm just as much in support of info gathering as you are - but I'll repeat myself - there are times when you CAN'T DO ANYTHING to gather intel! Then, you go in with what you have. That's not being irresponsible; that's being practical.

Keroko-chan:
You damn well know how to gather simple intel like which fanboy is which. I drilled various ways of gathering intel from locals or finding information when dropped into unihabited territory, or even ways to get in and out of enemy stations into your skull the moment you set foot in the Squadron. Don't tell me you have forgotten those lessons already?

Quote:
Arcas: Yeah.
Tesla: Then there is no problem, is there?

Quote:
Reiji: Okay, seriously now. Is this We-Hate-Arcas Day or something? Seems like every time I have him make an intimation against Grandis, half the major OCs of the thread gangbang him for was a stupid, honest mistake. Seriously, it was my idea that he didn't like (and still doesn't, to a degree) Hayate's boyfriend. It seems awfully vindictive to jump a character whose only mistake (from where I sit) is that he didn't roll over regarding their romance.

If it were just Aaron, I'd understand - it's his character after all. But I have to wonder what's going on when it's more than just him. The only thing I can think of is that I said something awhile ago that offended a bunch of people.

I mean, seriously, I feel like this is overkill for one small, personal decision. Would you do this to someone who simply didn't have the same favorite food?

Am I getting thru, or is what I'm trying to say lost, or am I just not understanding what's going on here?
Hmm, I'm just having fun. Having a little word game and expanding on Arcas time with the Rogues while I'm at it. If I was offended I wouldn't use Keroko and go roleplay.
Old 2008-02-18, 20:20   Link #20050
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Keroko-chan: You damn well know how to gather simple intel like which fanboy is which. I drilled various ways of gathering intel from locals or finding information when dropped into unihabited territory, or even ways to get in and out of enemy stations into your skull the moment you set foot in the Squadron. Don't tell me you have forgotten those lessons already?
Arcas: If I told you I did, then what?

Quote:
Hmm, I'm just having fun. Having a little word game and expanding on Arcas time with the Rogues while I'm at it. If I was offended I wouldn't use Keroko and go roleplay.
Geez! If you're just having fun with me, say so! And here I thought you were serious!

(Do forgive me - I tend to take things a little too personally.)
Old 2008-02-18, 20:45   Link #20051
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Franz: "I'm pretty sure things would have gone better if I didn't say point blank 'O hay I'm gonna kill you now,' to that TSAB guy running a sex-slave ring."
Ivanovich: "I told you to snipe him.
Franz: "He needed to be killed with a knife, Sergeant Major."

Quote:
Ivanovich: "Son, for my graduation excercise, I shadowed my target for days before i took my shot. There are many things you can learn from watching people through the scope of a rifle. They didn't call me 'Mage Hunter' for nothing during The War."
Quote:
Reiji: Forget it is right. 1 man does not = cancer.
Mikhail: "I agree to a point; Jim Lansing was a one-man cancer who spread his corruption through his command staff, which was why we had to take him out and dismantle his operation; ditto Vincenza Blueno. One man can spread - that's what cancers do."
Franz: "...Actually, I was referring to the fact that to bribe the Intel guys, the only way I'd be able to amass that much cash and beer would be to break the Sergeant Major's record for longest sniper kill. Winner gets excess of 500k and 21 kegs of beer, not counting other beverages."

Quote:

Franz: "Long rant is long, much?"

Creator-Goose: I never cared for Arcas' "Holier-than-you" attitude when it came to Grandis, and never really cared much for your "holier-than-thou" attitude and prudishness. I mean, seriously, you called me a pervert for writing "Two Guys and a Bottle of Vodka", which was basically 2 drunk guys and a ghost discussing their lack of lovelifes. That wasn't even remotely perverted. You want perverted...

That said... it's fun to bait Arcas. *laughs* In all seriousness, roleplaying Franz talking to Arcas amuses me. Summation: it's not that I'm keen on the Grandis/Hayate relationship (Franz has reservations on the subject matter); what turns most people off is the self-righteousness displayed by Arcas.

Franz: "Hey, I'm also hurt by his accusations! I am a friend of the aces and a fan of them, and you're tarring me with a paranoid brush!"
Emili: "The universe hates you."
Franz: "Yeah, well, there's a bigger threat to the girls than all the guys on Mid-Childa."
Leena: "Did someone call me~"
Emili: "Aw hell. How'd you know about her anyway?"
Franz: "Sergeant Major told me."
Emili: "How did HE know?
Naomi: "I told Uncle Avery; he helped keep her away from me one time."
Leena: "Mmmm.... delicious Aces...." *spots Mel* "mmmmmm......delicious Mel-chaaaan~.... delicious Emil-chaaaaaaaan and Naomi-chaaaaaaaaans~"
Franz:"Y'all might wanna start running now."

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-18, 21:32   Link #20052
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And now to run back and slug all the posts I missed from the MAD DASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
And Ariadne wasn't a who, it was a what.
Aaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou
Spoiler for OFM Report: Encountered Spawn Forms:
Yup, Zerglings, Hydralisks and Ultralisks, the best things to kill to relieve stress... or get stressed

At any rate, these are quite the scary and formidable creatures here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
All those PWNED "intervened upon" by Celestial Being: IT DOES!!!

As of this moment, heaven is experiencing a flood of immigrants...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
YES YOURS!!!

But Akari is Mi-

*GN Mega Launcher >>> Saint X*
As long as I have Alice, you can have Akari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
That much said, this are the two I have in mind..

Spoiler:

And not forgetting him of course.

Spoiler:
OH SHI-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Well the omake did mention Erio cleaning up the mess so it can be taken as he had the dream after the events of the sparring session.

Though I realized the focus was on Erio abit too much so here's a short version of one of the possible scenarios as well.

Spoiler:

HOLY SHI-

Erio manages to bring out Dere-dere Signum?!?!?! FTW!!!! Either he really confused her with Caro, or...

"Just as Planned"

Now to wondering what happens when Caro sees them...

*RUNS*

Quote:

So this is Kino?
Yep, that's Kino from Kino's Journey (Kino to Tabi), a gunslinging traveller who tours the world with her bike Hermes and only visits a country for 3 days.

*points to her appearance in Nighty's story *

Kino's one of those females that you can mistake for a male... and in the anime, she looks more like a boy than a girl in excellent reverse trap fashion

And since I'm feeling generous today:

Spoiler for More Kino:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
So Vita's not a virgin?

*shuts up before her says something he'll regret*

Quote:
Well just a trial snippet to Escape from Ground Central

need initial evaluation please...

Spoiler for Escape from Ground Central: Chapter 1 Snippet:

*runs*

*spots something*

*runs back*
Are you bringing the Sky Girls in wholesale now? Not that we mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
I would like to run an idea of mine by you guys for a while before I truly get started on it. Lowe never replied so I decided to ask every one instead.
Spoiler for VUDs:
Spoiler for Plan:
Its a fairly crazy idea but is it viable or should I shut down my delusions of grandeur?
Woops? Sorry for not replying, must've gotten lost in the PM backlog (in fact, I haven't checked some of my older messages yet)

Although I do think the concept itself is sound, though the entire premise of TSAB zombies feels like something out of Resident Evil

Quote:
As part of Prelude to Alpha, I present Last One Standing.

It is canon as regards to Alpha. Yes, that's who it yes. Yes, there's hot blood.

Spoiler for Last One Standing:

Since when did YUUNO become a member of the OFM? Though to see his King Yuunodas blood going all out is quite awesome to behold, and against MC as well (although, anyone would piss if they did have to face someone like HIM close up ).

And so the Linebackers are OFM now? Now I see what Franz meant by "like-minded individuals"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
@Lowe: I recall you made up some terms for the kind of magic used in melee attack enhancements. I also made the same spell for my OC Itsuki, but of course I never detailed it the way you did. Mine if I borrowed the concept?
The Impulse spells? Not at all, you can take it wholesale if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Makes sense that she'd try to get a few hits in while waiting for the proper time to use a finisher, but I think that still makes her a counterattack type. Regardless, though, Gwen would make any opponent fall into a defensive stance, as she always tries to take the initiative - unless her opponent is very experienced, in which case she would be more careful and fight similarly to Asagi. Depends on the enemy, as you say.

A mock battle between Gwen and Asagi can surely happen, too.
If Gwen's good at making her enemy defend, then serious-mode Asagi is an expert at defending and dodging, it's part of her style afterall The belief is that an attacking enemy creates more chances for an opening than a defending one, and Asagi more often than not tries to get the enemy to make that mistake first. I don't think Gwen would let Asagi exploit any openings though (not like I'll think she'll make one in the first place), so a mock battle between these two would be pretty interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio
Hmm, some tasty angst is coming, I see.

And so, one more girl for a 5-ranger team...

Quote:
Ah, so Mayura is indeed the onee-sama of the team, at least when it comes to experience.
Yup

Quote:
Nah, nowing Nel he'd probably go "Insollent parasite! You dare opose those whom you cannot dream to match? Taste the fury of the earth itself!"
Always villifyingly classy isn't he?

Quote:
That was not Low Key . But it's fitting.

Lowe: It's not time to go home yet, is it? I'm still a little to red in the face.
Kagerou: That's alright, we'll just say you were shot down and are missing in action.
USB: *laughs* That's pretty harsh, Kagerou.
I like the sound of MIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou
...WHAT ARE YOU INSINUATING ABOUT MY- *hammer'd*

Vita (blushing): "U-Urusai! A-and I haven't d-done anything like that!"
MY-... what?

Quote:
Noble Eagle form automatically WINS with this alone: "Based on a short-skirted Chinese cheongsam"

*runs*

Quote:
I wonder, though, wouldnt changing between Barrier Jackets eat up her magical stamina?

Mayura is damn awesome in close combat. Say, how good is she compared to Signum?

Nice devices, and that Gekichanger is lethal. Now she only needs some special boots... Lenalee suddenly comes to mind...
It does yes... but considering she doesn't use much magic in the first place, she can use all her magic for BJ changes. Besides, don't think BJ changes use that much mana to begin with

In comparison to Signum... she'd equal Signum in melee combat, unfortunately Signum has long range attacks As has been pointed out, it depends on the circumstances

And special boots? hmmm...

Quote:
Franz: "Hey, I'm also hurt by his accusations! I am a friend of the aces and a fan of them, and you're tarring me with a paranoid brush!"
Franz: "Yeah, well, there's a bigger threat to the girls than all the guys on Mid-Childa."
Leena: "Mmmm.... delicious Aces...." *spots Mel* "mmmmmm......delicious Mel-chaaaan~.... delicious Emil-chaaaaaaaan and Naomi-chaaaaaaaaans~"

Leena's lesbianism knows no bounds

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-18, 21:43   Link #20053
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Hampering/attacking/manipulating the mage via the device and not the magic (AMF)?

sounds like another good idea to mess things up...

I was trying to think of a virus that affects devices (kinda like 'the virus that eats angels' in Angelic Layer Fanon)- this takes the concept well...

and it sounds like Seeking Raid-type (from Elementar Gelade: artificial Edel Raids (a sort of living weapon)) weapons as well- though not human in form... well after reading the unison part...

Will monitor on progress...
I'm not quite sure what you mean by seeking Raids. I thought they were human modified to become an artificial Edel Raid.

This entire idea is derived from Naruto: curse seals, Bleach: hollowfication and when YnS took over Hayate's body in A's exception this time its intentional and more malicious.
Quote:
Hmm, reminds me of Bakura.

I'm a bit hesitant to the 'rogue faction inside the TSAB' bit though, an external faction sounds more believable.
Bakura? An external faction? Sure why not. Maybe I'll use those scientists that were torturing experimenting on Agito.
Quote:
Arcas:
I'm not mentioned...I'm not mentioned...I'm not mentioned...I'm not mentioned...

AGAIN with the unmentioning! What am I, the thread's Hayate?

Oh. Damn.

Look on the bright side, at least you're not me. I think I'm this thread's Zafira...

: sits at a corner feeling gloomy
Quote:
I find it most amusing that out of everything, you don't deny being a sistercon
Quote:

Well, if I tease you, Arcus-kun, its simply vengeance for even thinking of taking Ginga-san's "purity" at that time and at that age. I don't think I'll ever let you live that down. Don't get angry, blame your creator-san, Renji-kun (yes I'm mispelling it just to tease you Reiji) for not doing his research.
Old 2008-02-18, 22:11   Link #20054
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
THE CELESTIAL BEING is very busy...

*runs from Wrath of God*

Quote:
As long as I have Alice, you can have Akari
[GEASS]AND YOU WILL HELP ME IN ACCOMPLISHING THAT![/GEASS]

Quote:
Are you bringing the Sky Girls in wholesale now? Not that we mind
Well no Sonic Divers and the locks... so not wholesale...

Though all 4 of them have the almost the same image for a device later on...

And yes, not including Aisha here- she's too haxx even for-

*shadow looms*

A WORM crushes Saint X

Does Veda see this as a cause for intervention?

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by seeking Raids. I thought they were human modified to become an artificial Edel Raid.

This entire idea is derived from Naruto: curse seals, Bleach: hollowfication and when YnS took over Hayate's body in A's exception this time its intentional and more malicious.
Noted...

as long as they don't mix chemicals on an oddly designed table i will not mind...

Quote:
Look on the bright side, at least you're not me. I think I'm this thread's Zafira...

: sits at a corner feeling gloomy
I share your sentiments...
Old 2008-02-18, 22:24   Link #20055
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Franz: "I'm pretty sure things would have gone better if I didn't say point blank 'O hay I'm gonna kill you now,' to that TSAB guy running a sex-slave ring."
Ivanovich: "I told you to snipe him.
Franz: "He needed to be killed with a knife, Sergeant Major."
Arcas: <forehead slap> That's kind of different from what I'm thinking...

Quote:
Mikhail: "I agree to a point; Jim Lansing was a one-man cancer who spread his corruption through his command staff, which was why we had to take him out and dismantle his operation; ditto Vincenza Blueno. One man can spread - that's what cancers do."
Franz: "...Actually, I was referring to the fact that to bribe the Intel guys, the only way I'd be able to amass that much cash and beer would be to break the Sergeant Major's record for longest sniper kill. Winner gets excess of 500k and 21 kegs of beer, not counting other beverages."
Arcas: The money I get; but WHY would someone want that much alcohol?

Quote:
Creator-Goose: I never cared for Arcas' "Holier-than-you" attitude when it came to Grandis, and never really cared much for your "holier-than-thou" attitude and prudishness. I mean, seriously, you called me a pervert for writing "Two Guys and a Bottle of Vodka", which was basically 2 drunk guys and a ghost discussing their lack of lovelifes. That wasn't even remotely perverted. You want perverted...

That said... it's fun to bait Arcas. *laughs* In all seriousness, roleplaying Franz talking to Arcas amuses me. Summation: it's not that I'm keen on the Grandis/Hayate relationship (Franz has reservations on the subject matter); what turns most people off is the self-righteousness displayed by Arcas.
Reiji: Try and understand - as of that time, Arcas has been given a divine mission. Now, to cut off a possible rebuttal, no, I don't believe that that fact gives Arcas carte blanche to behave how he like. But he does. Also, keep in mind that with a divine mission comes a certain amount of self-righteousness; the Imperial Space Marines, anyone?

Quote:
Boomer: At last! Someone I can team up and have wacky hijinks with! Leena, together, WE SHALL SEDUCE THE WOMEN OF THE GALAXY!

Mel: Uguu~! <hides behind Arcas & Sevasti>

Arcas: Sorry, she's spoken for.

Sevasti: Indeed. And if you insist on harrassment of my pilot, I will insist on harrasment via Arbalest.

Quote:
I find it most amusing that out of everything, you don't deny being a sistercon
Arcas: People are going to believe what they want, at this point, saying I'm not a siscon has just become a formality.
Old 2008-02-18, 22:26   Link #20056
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Time for T3H HERO of Rebuilt!

Quote:
LIGHTNING-03
Rebuilt of Erio

Hmm... Wrong age?
Spoiler for Erio, Knight Rider:
Thank your Meister, Erio, for I made you Grand.

Not a lot of crack as well, but can you spot the VA refs in the post?

And can you think of any more things that Kha and Erio are alike?
As expected, your crack-ish stuff does sound CRACK, though thankfully not that much.

But still... Shaman? LOL.

Quote:
For the time being, here's a fill in for FOX.
Aside from the Captain in 2 years thing, it looks nice.

Even then, you have an off-standard application anyway.

Quote:
Personally I think that due to the modular nature of the Nanohaverse, it's possible, though unlikely, for powered armor to exist. As I stipulated, it's more cost-effective for a mage to create their own Barrier Jacket/Knight Armor than create one for them; hence why I don't see ATCs or my armors being used extensively.
Even then, it's not really cost-effective, if we judge by anime visual standards... the grunts, even those in S1 which are supposed to be somewhere between B to A, don't employ beyond-generic armaments.

RF6 is shown and implied to be quite 'well-equipped' with money rolling in when needed, allowing the best equipments for staff.

Wow, nice Resident-Evil-ish take on the Spawns.

Though on a scale of numbers, just how numerous are these creatures? Beings like these often give the impression they have the life-energy of cockroaches.

Quote:
Not to mention Voltaire as Ryukooh
Hmm...

Now that I think about it... an amazoness Lutecia with a White Tiger summon would've been a sight to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Aurion: I'm not a melee-specialist. -_-

Me: You're good enough to beat multiple melee-specialists even in close range.

Aurion: You are sure having a fun time throwing more oil into the fire, huh?

Me: Yep!
Night: Doesn't it help that the melee-specialist you face are mostly young girls?

Quote:
I'm having a hard time with the current fights I'm writing; which are the Aurion vs. Hayate mock battle and the Grandis vs. Signum real battle...

The main problem in the first one is I'm getting in a bit of a tight spot with regards to Hayate's performance... She's, quite frankly, holding out quite well, if not almost constantly on the defensive. In a quick rundown without spoilering, here's her performance stats as of GenerationS...

It's hard. It's VERY hard. But she has all the potential in the world to properly cover up her weaknesses and eventually even go as far as holding herself against her fellow Aces. Anybody who wants to say it's impossible? Speak up now. They won't make the SSS-rank if there were absolutely nobody who reached such a level. (Not perfect, alright?) And I believe Hayate can, eventually. She doesn't deserve to be a shafted one-trick pony and I won't let her be! I'm going to show her potential here, and I need all the advice I can get to make it happen without much skepticism from others.

And once more, this managed to accomplish the feat of making me even more pissed off at 7arcs than I ever thought possible. -_-

Any thoughts? Should I lower or raise some stats? Any ideas for how much her performance could improve upon Unison?
As expected of our resident Hay-

*shot*

I don't see much problem, though I think the speed of the spells others use should be upped... to 200% honestly. Have we ever see Hayate use cartridges to cover any set-backs, even?

Quote:
EDIT: It's awfully crowded in here! Looks like the markets are in for a Bull Run!!!
After the Bears that happened a few weeks ago, I'd say this is a nice pace for a while.

Quote:
@ Kha and Anita show:

Oh it's no trouble at all. In fact, I personally know very well how it feels like for two people to hijack a thread, it's very entertaining

Carry On, Don't Mind Us

---------

*prepares core drill in the sidelines*

Quote:
What's this? Writing from yours truly? UNPOSSIBLE

Kicking this party off with the Akatsuki arc of StorieS

EDIT: Kinda cheap but hey I want this 20k get.

And not forgetting..
Hmm... nothing much really happens, but that was to be expected.

Quote:

Congratulations OC

AND TORMENK WINS 20K!!!!!!! And with a scenario no less!!!!! AWESOME!!!!

Quote:
You know... Ironicaly, the Enherjar are exactly what you mentioned. His counter against Jail.
A counter against Jail never existed. They were in cahoots, though he obviously had no intentions of being friends with him and Einhenjar was clearly a secondary desire compared to Sentoukijin tech and possible legalization.

Quote:
No problem on my part.

On the subject of Hayate in melee, I think she was mostly joking when she said she couldn't even beat Caro in hand-to-hand:

Look at her facial expresion, not to mention Teana and Rein, who are not taking her seriously in any way whatsoever.
That WAS a joke, then of course. (( Hard to say about post-StrikerS, she jumped 2 ranks.. while Hayate was probably static ))

But the fact that in close-combat, she's weaker than Subaru/Erio/Teana is probably true even more so in their improved AA-rank state.

Quote:
Firstly, mind boggling piece is mind boggling! Ultra-mass production of Jewel Seeds sounds a bit too much, though given the context it actually computes.

Fear made Mid-childa destroy Al-Hazred, which seems to go against cannon. Though one can also say that Al-Hazred's technology caused fear in others, and indirectly caused their own destruction.

Other than that, I liked how it was written, very...poetic?
Though it seems to go against canon, it is only because of the whole 'fabricated lie' thing that TSAB cooked up. I mean, it's not we saw a true, blue actual flashback of HOW Alhazred destroyed itself.

Quote:
Ala Altra? Was Rein reading a novel?
Hayate's reading the novel "Tales of Black Wing", based on a supposingly true story.

Mild dere Signum =

Quote:
So Vita's not a virgin?
Vita: What's a virgin?

Quote:
As part of Prelude to Alpha, I present Last One Standing.

It is canon as regards to Alpha. Yes, that's who it yes. Yes, there's hot blood.

[spoiler=Last One Standing]/spoiler]

Alright, I LOLED. HARD. I'm in class even.

Quote:
What can I say besides EPIC? Another Nighty-quality piece.

But man, using the Terra System... OMG the memories. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME AND EPIC CHOICE.

Too bad the Alhazredians do not have psychic powers...

Shameless copy-pasta is shameless, but who cares?

"A person? Moving in dimensional space in a high-speed energy shell?"

"A strong magical response detected approaching at high speed... Estimated over SSS!!"

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-02-18, 22:54   Link #20057
Aaron008R

YES!!! 20K!!! ANOTHER VICTORY FOR OUTER CADIAAAAAAAA!!!!

Nice going, Tormenk!

I'll reply to the longer posts later... In a bit of a hurry right now...

Quote:
Belkarangers: *latches on and presses themselves into Aurion*

ONEGAI, SENSEI!!!!!

Aurion: Why me...? Gah, fine... but don't expect me to perform at all like you'd expect. -__- (Maybe if I just let them beat me easily...)

Me: Hate flaunting your true combat capability, huh?

Quote:
Now that's a good rant when I see one

No problems on my side, since I'd like to see Hayate beefed-up and get the credit she deserves
Thanks.

Quote:
I meant in all timelines.

*RUNS*
Not in my timeline.

Quote:
Me? Apologize? About what?
You know what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
^_^

Apologize, or you're sleeping on the couch when you get back!
Quote:

REALLY?! I GET TO STAY OVER AGAIN?!

*runs*

Quote:
Spoiler for ”Low Key Celebration”:

Congratulations OC

AND TORMENK WINS 20K!!!!!!! And with a scenario no less!!!!! AWESOME!!!!

SIEG, CADIA!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
It's only right we pay back for what we owe. Congratz everyone! I'll try to finish Rebuild of Sophia by this week! ^_^

Ja ne!

(rides off on scooter)
Will look forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
20,000... BREAK.

500... BREAK.

And yet the road is still infinite.

Spoiler for OVER 20,000!!!!!!!!:

Quote:
Btw, preview for Blank of 6 Months I.

Spoiler:

SO YOU'RE REALLY GOING THRU WITH IT?!?!?!

Mind sharing some details with me? >.>

Quote:
Dweh, good question. I'd say him and Keroko would get along fine, probably joking around a lot.
After the discussion below, they might very well be!

Quote:
No problem on my part.
Good to know.

Quote:
On the subject of Hayate in melee, I think she was mostly joking when she said she couldn't even beat Caro in hand-to-hand:

Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:

Look at her facial expresion, not to mention Teana and Rein, who are not taking her seriously in any way whatsoever.
Yeah... But I'm aiming a bit higher...

Quote:
Well the omake did mention Erio cleaning up the mess so it can be taken as he had the dream after the events of the sparring session.

Though I realized the focus was on Erio abit too much so here's a short version of one of the possible scenarios as well.

Spoiler:
>.>

<.<

>_<

SIGNUMXERIO CRACK FTW!!!

*RUNS LIKE HELL FROM SIGNUM*

Quote:
Wow. Pretty hard to go through with this while replying like this but I'll try.

Range Attack: She can probably do it at near 100% casting speed as original, since she does know some Mid-magic. Only factors in this are experience and practice so extensive practice in that area will be fine.
Well, maybe. But I'll keep her casting slower...

Quote:
Melee Attack: Even if she can't attack that well, she probably develop the natural feel to dodge after training with Tesla/Wolkies after some time. Keeping her at slightly above grunt level seems fine.
That's good!

Quote:
Magic defense: I'm for buffing her up for this. Given enough time, I'm sure she can tank blows up to AA easily. Not quite while defending physical blows of the same power with barriers or shields though.
Noted.

Quote:
Novel? What novel?
Nanoha novel. it might show if Fate does indeed use some finesse into her melee...

BTW, CONGRATS ON GETTING THE 20K GET!

Quote:
I would like to run an idea of mine by you guys for a while before I truly get started on it. Lowe never replied so I decided to ask every one instead.
Spoiler for VUDs:
Spoiler for Plan:
Its a fairly crazy idea but is it viable or should I shut down my delusions of grandeur?
The idea seems similar to what Chaos had in mind in the past... If it was me, I don't see why not. The details needed some more are that of the organization behind it. And also, are they on the same level as unison-devices in performance?

Quote:
I dont see any problems with this, and in fact I agree with most of what you have here. The thing is, this is just a mock battle - I dont see what's so important about it. In the real battlefield, Hayate shouldnt need to actually fight (especially in close combat, since she is not particularly good at it, and she knows it) if she properly commands her unit, unless absolutely necessary, or her Knights are not with her. What I'm trying to say is, arent you thinking too much about this? She is supposed to be a ranged support, not a melee aggressor, after all. It is what makes her Hayate and not Nanoha.

As I have said before, Hayate CHOSE to be support and to become a Lt. Colonel to lead troops into battle instead of fighting the battles herself. She had the potential to choose whatever path she wanted - to become an Enforcer like Fate, or to become an "Aggressor" like Nanoha - but she chose otherwise. You can give Hayate quite a lot of character development without making her go into the battlefield - and I actually may have a scenario coming with a little of that.

Just my thoughts.
I know. And I understand that. However, even though not specializing is no problem, at all; having no capability and practice just in case is not. More so since 'Aurion' is the one who'll be charging her head-on. And besides, I've already mapped-out a list of rationales for Hayate's further improvement, both personal and professional. It's not like I'm trying to make her adapt to everything, oh no. But I'm just injecting some practicality and a bit of my own flair for the sake of my story. Well, she DID decide for back-support because that's where she fits best. And I accept that. BUT being back-support while being helpless on her own, i.e. the battle's lost when her guardians are down, that I CANNOT accept! She is a back-attacker and always will be, but that doesn't mean she has to be limited to the basic idea for the rest of her life!(Note: GenerationS is 2 years after StrikerS) It may sound a bit too personal, but I believe that one shouldn't waste potential just like that. This isn't an RPG where the amount of stats are limited so you can only specialize in one or at most two factors while being essentially zero in others factors. And she'll more than hell need it for my story, since there WILL be more than one occations that she'll be forced to fend for herself without Rein. The very first example is the mock battle against Aurion. you think he'll go easy with her just because of their closeness or her lack of specialization? Oh no, he'll maul her down if she can't hold out. She's NOT practicing for forward offense. She's practicing for off-chance defense in closer engagements in order to gain distance and do what she does best, nuking.

Whew...

And besides, I'm using a bit of author-freedom as well...

Is it okay? Is it fine?

Quote:
Arcas: <to Grandis> Still bringing up the past, are we? I only acted that way towards YOU, and only YOU. And you're capable of being just as much of a self-righteous, pig-headed jerk as I am, so you don't have that over me. And if you think Kha-sama and Yuuno-san are completely exempt, you're wrong. I am perfectly capable of giving both of them hell - Yuuno for his timidity, and Kha for his stupidity regarding other women, especially Sofy. Believe it or not, I once tried to strangle Kha-sama because he was being the galaxy's biggest idiot. The reason I don't give them NEARLY the crap I do other guys is because they've earned my trust - something YOU still have to do.
Grandis: Bringing up the past? Um... Hello? You're being a self-righteous, pig-headed jerk, even to the others right now! And no, the fact that I can be as such does not give you justification for being one right now. The "You're a jerk at times to so why not me now?" reasoning is oh-so typical of you it makes me want to barf. And no, I don't really think I need to earn your trust. Because as far as I can see right now, you're completely not worth wasting time to garner trust on. Oh, and to make things more fun, I think YOU are the galaxy's biggest idiot now!

Quote:
Oh, and one last thing: is that all you got?
Grandis: Of course not. I can keep this up as long as I want.

Quote:
AGAIN with the unmentioning! What am I, the thread's Hayate?
No. Screw that. you're this thread's ZAFIRA!

*RUNS LIKE HELL*

Quote:

Keroko-chan:
*glares* I think we need to discuss the difference between the words 'she-male' and 'androgynous' and lets go over the word 'tact' while we're at it.
Grandis: Wrong move, Arcas...

Quote:

*various hospitalized members of the Hayate, Nanoha, Keroko and fate fanclubs*
LIAR!!!!
Grandis:

Quote:
Keroko-kun: Interesting. He's only proving Grandis point right now.

Tesla: *shrugs* That's the kind of guy he is.
Aaron: Sou, sou.

Quote:
Arcas: <sigh> My point isn't to say that I'm not capable of being that kind of person - my point is that I'm that kind of person LESS often than he is. Almost ANYONE is capable of being a jerk - how much of a jerk you are is dictated by the number of circumstances where you COULD act like one, but choose not to - a jerk quotient if you will. Grandis' point is that everyone has one. Mine is that mine is less than his. Not exactly the same thing.
Grandis: Fool. Try saying that to all these people. Me, more of a jerk than you? I disagree.

Quote:
And you guys only bring up the Uguu~ thing cause I'm a guy. If I was a girl...

<holds up hands>
Aaron: *instant answer* Yes. That's why.

Quote:
Grandis: Don't forget to add self-righteous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito
Quote:

Grandis: you just jumped into a conclusion again, brain-dead. Tesla was obviously just answering your question straightforwardly.

Quote:
Keroko-chan: *whacks Arcas on the back of his head* What is up with that bullshit! I taught you better then that! If you don't have enough information, you find more information, standart rules of engagement!
Grandis: True...

Quote:
Which is my point, you're not leaving much of an impression despite being here for so long, which is why people forget you.
Aaron: Keroko... Blunt as Tesla, aren't we...

Quote:
Grandis: Do you even bother? Or maybe you just don't bother enough. I'm betting on the latter.

Quote:
Grandis: I'll take a chance later, Keroko. Mr. Lord of the Dunamists is still in his "I'm right, you're wrong. And that's all there is to it!" mode. hammering sense into his brain right now is as easy as taking full-on ten of your sister's Starlight Breakers head-on. Baiting him while he's like this, on the other hand...

Quote:
Keroko-chan: You're damn right I know! Why do you think Rogue Squadron has the highest casualty rate of any Squadron in the TSAB?! That's why I try to gather as much data as possible, even when its impossible to do so! Your irresponsible attitude is what costs us lives out there!

Quote:
Franz: "And you're being an idiot."
Psycho: "And a sick fuck who wants to do his sisters."
Chief: "..."

Quote:
Grandis: How about now? I don't think it isn't.

Quote:
Grandis: I repeat, how about now? The last few times I saw you burn those poor guys into dust, you had all the chance to look into it more. It's like your implying that Hayate and the other Aces would just fall prey to other males' advances so easily... Arcas, you're statement of not being able to gather intelligence all of the time is correct. BUT, you are clearly not doing so when you have all the chance in the world! You jump into conclusions, cause collateral damage and then invoke that kind of reasoning to cover your ass? Stop bullshitting us, will you?

Quote:
It's much more interesting this way.

Quote:
Keroko-chan: Not having tact is even more impractical most of the times.
Truth.

Quote:
Keroko-chan: You damn well know how to gather simple intel like which fanboy is which. I drilled various ways of gathering intel from locals or finding information when dropped into unihabited territory, or even ways to get in and out of enemy stations into your skull the moment you set foot in the Squadron. Don't tell me you have forgotten those lessons already?
Grandis: And that proves my point even further...

(Oh man, this is great! Grandis, Keroko-chan AND Tesla would surely get along well!)

Quote:

Grandis: Fweh... That's one frightening woman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Night: Doesn't it help that the melee-specialist you face are mostly young girls?
Aurion: What does that got to do with this?!

Quote:
As expected of our resident Hay-

*shot*

I don't see much problem, though I think the speed of the spells others use should be upped... to 200% honestly. Have we ever see Hayate use cartridges to cover any set-backs, even?
Noted. And instead of cartridges, I'll be using something else...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-02-18 at 23:33.
Old 2008-02-18, 23:04   Link #20058
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Noted. And instead of cartridges, I'll be using something else...
Kyla: Need an Overdrive Engine?

@ Arcas - Grandis - Everyone row:

Kyla: Yare yare... *shakes head*
Old 2008-02-18, 23:21   Link #20059
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Aside from the Captain in 2 years thing, it looks nice.

Even then, you have an off-standard application anyway.
Yeah, but I make it feasable. I spent a quarter chapter with Vita just being shocked that Fox was a CAPTAIN. And it was Roland's discretion. I'm not sure exactly how much bypass a General has, but I'm sure when one looks at the roster and goes... "You are now a Captain." for a set of reasons he may have... Not very many people can argue.
Old 2008-02-18, 23:35   Link #20060
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Grandis: Bringing up the past? Um... Hello? You're being a self-righteous, pig-headed jerk, even to the others right now! And no, the fact that I can be as such does not give you justification for being one right now. The "You're a jerk at times to so why not me now?" reasoning is oh-so typical of you it makes me want to barf. And no, I don't really think I need to earn your trust. Because as far as I can see right now, you're completely not worth wasting time to garner trust on. Oh, and to make things more fun, I think YOU are the galaxy's biggest idiot now!
Arcas: Okay, 1: I never said that you being a jerk was justification for me being a jerk - just that you're one too. And 2: anyone who says that obviously doesn't know Kha-sama too well.

Quote:
Grandis: Of course not. I can keep this up as long as I want.
Arcas: We'll see...

Quote:
No. Screw that. you're this thread's ZAFIRA!

*RUNS LIKE HELL*
Sorry. Title's already been taken by someone else.

Quote:
Grandis: Fool. Try saying that to all these people. Me, more of a jerk than you? I disagree.
Arcas: You would.

Quote:
Grandis: Do you even bother? Or maybe you just don't bother enough. I'm betting on the latter.
Arcas: If you're speaking regarding intel gathering, then no, I don't bother enough. Mainly because it's not my job to - what part of "separate intelligence department" did you fail to comprehend. Otherwise, I have no idea what you're talking about, and probably don't give a damn what you think.

Quote:
Grandis: I repeat, how about now? The last few times I saw you burn those poor guys into dust, you had all the chance to look into it more. It's like your implying that Hayate and the other Aces would just fall prey to other males' advances so easily... Arcas, you're statement of not being able to gather intelligence all of the time is correct. BUT, you are clearly not doing so when you have all the chance in the world! You jump into conclusions, cause collateral damage and then invoke that kind of reasoning to cover your ass? Stop bullshitting us, will you?
Arcas: Okay, first, I did NOT burn those clerks into dust. That's an exaggeration you probably heard from Shamal or the Aces. Second, I am NOT saying that the Aces would be easily seduced - just that they're nicer, and therefore less willing to dish out some punishment than I am. Simply smiling and asking the clerks "not to do this sort of thing again" isn't going to get results. Final, if I intimidate enough clerks, then I won't NEED to gather intel, because they'll simply refuse to go near the Aces for non-official reasons.

Quote:
It's much more interesting this way.

Interesting for YOU, maybe! To me, this is like character harassment and assassination!

Honestly, I'm TRYING to be patient with all of this; but I'm getting tired of it - and pretty soon I don't think I'll have any choice but to call in the Mods to haul the rest of you back. Playful teasing this is not - not any more, not to me.

Quote:
Grandis: Fweh... That's one frightening woman...
Arcas: ...says the mighty, mighty contract mage.
Closed Thread