AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-03-13, 08:18   Link #2281
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Just ask Kagerou, or possibly TShouryuu, because they were the ones who established the channel I believe, plus they seem quite fluent in the ways of the IRC Script, so they should be able to help you out :3

LOL And be careful, the discussions we Outer Cadians have can be quite...intense :3
I don't have problems with the IRC script^^
it would only be convinient, when the channel would be at the quakenet, but not very important

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshLikeSnow View Post
Aheheh.. sorta done a one-shot

First time at it so I'm not really sure how well I done. I guess you could call it romance, but more along the lines of friendship.. omg this thing is hard to place haha.

Anyway, how bout giving it a read and letting me know what you think? :3

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4128040/1/
I like it
poor, confused Nanoha
it was nice to read such a thing too

edit: page claim

Last edited by Gillian; 2008-03-13 at 08:34.
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 08:49   Link #2282
Kourin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshLikeSnow View Post
Regarding the Yuuno x Hatate thing though, in this fic I found it necessary for Yuuno to have someone he supposedly liked to increase the emotional impact on Nanoha. The thing is though that I had originally thought about putting Chrono, but then scrapped the idea because it seemed a bit random and hilarious in my mind, and it was meant to be a serious atmosphere. And so, with out many serious candidates otherwise, except pulling an OC out of my butt, I decided it would have to be Hayate. Not only is she the right age, she was in an ideal kind of relation to Nanoha for the implications to affect her... and I'm rambling again. lol
I would argue that putting Hayate into the picture lessens the impact. If Yuuno has someone he likes, it gives Nanoha no choice but to move on. in a sense, it is forcing nanoha's reconsideration not because of how she really feels but because there's no other option.

and IMO, forcing Yuuno x Hayate for the sake of a plot point shouldn't be done. everything was going nicely but when I read yuuno x hayate out of the blue, it stunned me for a moment, wondering why is it there? it's like forcing a joke at the cost of in-character-ness.
Kourin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 10:38   Link #2283
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Spoiler for Week pt.2:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 11:33   Link #2284
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Nanoha and Raising heart NSFW....but with FATE's POV..... yes that's right, she's there too!

Spoiler for Nanoha and Raising Heart! NSFW:

Fate represents the minds that live within the FF

I think everybody should already know how Satashi-sama does these 'Taco Trap's

Quote:
Anyway, on topic:

This is an idea for a small series of shorts. Fate's POV, canon timeline, senior year in school.
Spoiler for Week, part 1:
Any change of this shortie, too, to expand into massive story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kourin View Post
I would argue that putting Hayate into the picture lessens the impact. If Yuuno has someone he likes, it gives Nanoha no choice but to move on. in a sense, it is forcing nanoha's reconsideration not because of how she really feels but because there's no other option.

and IMO, forcing Yuuno x Hayate for the sake of a plot point shouldn't be done. everything was going nicely but when I read yuuno x hayate out of the blue, it stunned me for a moment, wondering why is it there? it's like forcing a joke at the cost of in-character-ness.
Because of the 6th D, Hayate x Yuuno isn't taken that badly. To most, it doesn't seem forced as it was well done there. Just because of that one fic, it has gotten surprisingly big fanbase (Atleast here. Dunno about the silent majority, but who does?)

It's much better to enjoy the actual fic in shorties like this. Start analyzing 500 words and you find how find that they rarely compute. (Note: This is about when making non-canon shorties with just that one purpose. Nanoha gasming in VR training? Suuure...)

Complaining about HxY pairing in there for just plot purposes is like complaning about every short novel. It's not because A, B, C and D happen in it. It's about that A, B, C and D have already happened because that is why it is being/has been written.

Yes too much of coincidences is bad but HxY being OOC? Last time I looked, FxN was only distantly implied in canon but nobody's complaining about that. If we went the canon way, NxY would be the most certain pairing.

And for today's scenarios.

Spoiler for Scenarios 62 & 63:

Even longer scenarios >.<

Edit:
Quote:
Spoiler for Week pt.2:
Well it did say part 1 so I guess it was only natural for part 2 to come...

Sensing another very enjoyable serie.

Last edited by Sam the Onion; 2008-03-13 at 15:11.
Sam the Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 15:15   Link #2285
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Spoiler for Week pt. 3:
Old 2008-03-13, 15:42   Link #2286
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Spoiler for Week pt.2:
Quote:
Spoiler for Week pt. 3:
yeah, two updates a day
thank you

I really like this series of shorts
I find it nice, that Nanoha trys it for Fate and the scene to the end, only one word: hilarious
Old 2008-03-13, 16:00   Link #2287
Kirika-chan
Fate's fan

@Satashi : Sweet, as always ^^ (I'm waiting for the part 4)

@AshLikeSnow : "That Day" -> great ^^ the meeting with Nanoha's family was a great idea ^^

And for "Swings" is simply cute, really, really cute, I enjoy it ^^ (thanks for that ^^)
Kirika-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 16:45   Link #2288
Kourin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Onion View Post

Complaining about HxY pairing in there for just plot purposes is like complaning about every short novel. It's not because A, B, C and D happen in it. It's about that A, B, C and D have already happened because that is why it is being/has been written.
there's a difference here though:
in short novels, there tend to be interaction between paired characters. Even when assuming that they're together (e.g. NxF + vivio short fics), a well-developed scene could really make a reader feel that 'togetherness'.

in this fic, YxH was just mentioned once. it wasn't developed. one needs to assume that pairing which needs to be based off of having read 6th D.

Quote:
Yes too much of coincidences is bad but HxY being OOC? Last time I looked, FxN was only distantly implied in canon but nobody's complaining about that. If we went the canon way, NxY would be the most certain pairing.
True that FxN was only implied but so was NxY.

Fate and Nanoha had some of the more emotionally intense scenes together when compared to scenes between Nanoha x Yuuno.

I don't hate Yuuno. He's a nice guy and he had some sweet moments with Nanoha
but I don't see how that would make it the most canon seeing as it was just as implied as FxN. kindness between a girl and boy doesn't automatically make it romantic.
Kourin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 16:54   Link #2289
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
I don't see how that would make it the most canon seeing as it was just as implied as FxN. kindness between a girl and boy doesn't automatically make it romantic.
We all remember the last scene, where Nanoha+Yunno+Arf*think so* are watching little Vivio in her class
Old 2008-03-13, 17:09   Link #2290
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
We all remember the last scene, where Nanoha+Yunno+Arf*think so* are watching little Vivio in her class
Well if you argue Nanoha and Yuuno for that scene you can also argue Nanoha and Arf, Yuuno and Arf or Nanoha, Yuuno and Arf in one giant lovefest one scene does not a pairing make (unless that scene involves smooching and/or love confessions). I think of it this way. Yuunoha has one-sided cannon and a tad of subtext (I really don't see it from Nanoha's side at all) while NanoFate has two sided subtext but neither is cannon so who really cares

Besides Nanoha's already married... to her job. And everything I just typed was

Now to get back on topic sort of:

Magical Babysitter Lyrical Zafira ch 3 has hit 2767 words... with no end in sight
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 18:05   Link #2291
AshLikeSnow
potato
*Author

Send a message via AIM to AshLikeSnow
Quote:

Quote:
in short novels, there tend to be interaction between paired characters. Even when assuming that they're together (e.g. NxF + vivio short fics), a well-developed scene could really make a reader feel that 'togetherness'.

in this fic, YxH was just mentioned once. it wasn't developed. one needs to assume that pairing which needs to be based off of having read 6th D.

Fate and Nanoha had some of the more emotionally intense scenes together when compared to scenes between Nanoha x Yuuno.

but I don't see how that would make it the most canon seeing as it was just as implied as FxN. kindness between a girl and boy doesn't automatically make it romantic.
I like the points which you raise, and they were the exact same points I had considered myself in my author's notes at the end. Yuuno mentioning Hayate seems out of the blue because there's no build up for it. This is a circumstance caused by the specific scene which I chose to portray, one that was originally done masterfully in CCS, but because for me this was simply a one-shot, many things are left to the readers own discretion.

I tried to lessen the effect (half-heartedly I admit) by changing the ages of the characters to 16, which would theoretically have given them time to interact amongst themselves and for such relationship developments to occur, but alas, I guess it was a weak thing.

In the end I guess it really is my fault how the portrayal of the Hayate and Yuuno relationship became a bust, and I'll try my best to provide some kind of background for it in the future if it ever arises again. I guess I was just a bit impatient at the time and didn't really want to create an epicly long one-shot since I didn't put all that much thought into it. That and I'm still new at it so I wasn't sure what I was doing.

I shall take your comments to heart next time when I write. :3
AshLikeSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 18:44   Link #2292
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Quote:

I certainly felt that 'togetherness' from what Nanoha described, but we seem to disagree here.

Something as greatly built as HxY in 6th D will affect your thoughts about future HxY pairings, no matter how much you didn't want it, even if they had very little in common. But that's kinda off the point.

Quote:

I can't help but to disagree here. NxF was in the first and second serie. The yuri vibes from there exceeded Kannazuki no Miko and Strawberry Panic combined. I could feel it entering my head and make me bite my fist while screaming 'CWUTE~!' in my head.

But that was in the past. StrikerS didn't give even once give me something like this. They were very good friends. Yuuno, on the other hand, was left alone with Nanoha by Fate, so they could 'catch up'. That athmosphere was more than enough to give me that feeling.

Yes, in MSLN and A's the NxF pairing could almost be considered canon, but StrikerS missed all this.

This said, I can see how 16 year old Fate couldn't be 'struggling' against her own identity and have feelings for Nanoha. Something happened between A's and StrikerS time skip that killed the massive yuri vibes. We might never be told what this was, but that's why authors like Ash are here. They create those small moments for us.

A = Fate's love
B = The event
C = Yuuno's speech
D = YxH

Just because Nanoha was rejected by Yuuno once wouldn't mean that the same would happen in the future. People can change even if it would be rare. I don't see anything that would block each other out even in canon timeline.

D->C->B<-A

The event is written like this because all of them have happened. 500~ words is just too short to build up two relationships and have the event you want to write. That's why people (Or perhaps only me.) are left with a question 'How did D happen?'.

That's why short fics are so wonderful. They leave you think 'why?' and think about the possibilities. I don't find it impossible; and when something isn't impossible, it is possible. Just because it wasn't built up isn't a reason to think so.

Or we could all agree that it's an AU created by a spur of a moment like Ash wrote in the bottom. But this just makes it even more lovely. Connecting the non-existant dots into something plausible is strangely entertaining for me.

I can see why but I can also see why not. It's the reader's own choice to decide, which one is the one you want to believe in. But trust me, the fic becomes much better if you choose the option that makes it possible.

This of course isn't very acceptable in larger stories but in shorties like this I can take it without a sign of discomfort.

It seems I wrote quite much and now that I've written it, I'm not even sure if I managed to make my point...

Edit: Did I just write this thing over 40 minutes?

Durr... I feel sleepy. G'nigh everyone
Sam the Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 19:17   Link #2293
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

!!!NOTICE!!!

Ashlikesnow's profile updated

Sam the onion's profile modified

Mercurian Angel added to profile

Theshinysword added to profile

@Evil Rick: please post all of your comics in order in a post for me. Comics tell a story, so I will profile them

@Thread: If your profile isn't up to date please let me know. If you have not been profiled, please tell me as well.

Last edited by Satashi; 2008-03-13 at 19:32.
Old 2008-03-13, 19:26   Link #2294
Krinen
"Kirnen"

Send a message via MSN to Krinen Send a message via Yahoo to Krinen
Quote:
!!!NOTICE!!!

Ashlikesnow's profile updated

Sam the onion's profile modified

Mercurian Angel added to profile

@Evil Rick: please post all of your comics in order in a post for me. Comics tell a story, so I will profile them

@Theshinysword: link me to your FF.N page please

@Thread: If your profile isn't up to date please let me know. If you have not been profiled, please tell me as well.
With hopes of not sounding rude, Krinen to the rescue with ShinySword's FF.N Profile.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1061817/The_Shiny_Sword
Krinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 19:32   Link #2295
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krinen View Post
With hopes of not sounding rude, Krinen to the rescue with ShinySword's FF.N Profile.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1061817/The_Shiny_Sword
Thank you, added!
Old 2008-03-13, 19:34   Link #2296
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:

I can't help but to disagree here. NxF was in the first and second serie. The yuri vibes from there exceeded Kannazuki no Miko and Strawberry Panic combined. I could feel it entering my head and make me bite my fist while screaming 'CWUTE~!' in my head.
Then apparently you and I watched different versons of Kannazuki no Miko and Strawberry Panic. If I remember correctly the yuri in KnM and SP! is very very cannon. And NxF is just very very subtextual.
Quote:

But that was in the past. StrikerS didn't give even once give me something like this. They were very good friends. Yuuno, on the other hand, was left alone with Nanoha by Fate, so they could 'catch up'. That athmosphere was more than enough to give me that feeling.

Yes, in MSLN and A's the NxF pairing could almost be considered canon, but StrikerS missed all this.
Again I disagree. Perhaps not for you but for me StrikerS had at least one NxF moment for every YxN (And I've always thought the catching up moment was always blown way out of proportion by both sides. Oh no Nanoha's talking with one of her best friends alone that must mean they're in love! True it's up for interpretation but that's all these pairings depends on interpretation. (Except for Yuuno having a thing for Nanoha, that was cannon(unless I remember A's epilogue incorrectly) but even that was four years before StrikerS and teen feelings change easily))

BUT! All I just posted was and belongs on the character relationship board.

@Satashi I don't have a profile
Edit: While I was typing Krinen helped me out. Thanks!
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 19:48   Link #2297
Master Kosa
Wanderer

Quote:

Wel from what I remember from StrikerS this series is aimed at mainly at 6th division like a military unit and not at relationship at all. I only recall small hints of Caro x Erio.
And if someone is pointing at last picture at StrikerS I can easilly point one certain track from drama cd. (I'm sorry I dont remember name, only that I read it at image thread at september/october 07)) It's about Yuuno talking with Nanoha about Fate. And from what I remember there is something about NxF.And if 4th series will be there is hope for NxF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Then apparently you and I watched different versons of Kannazuki no Miko and Strawberry Panic. If I remember correctly the yuri in KnM and SP! is very very cannon. And NxF is just very very subtextual.

And the rest written by TheShinySword - I agree.
@Thread - sorry for ot, I just cannot help myself.
Once some one asked me where I came from. I just pointed behind myself. When the same person asked where I was heading, I just pointed towards the horizon I was looking at. "It's simple, I neither belong here nor there. I am just walking..."
Current fandoms: RWBY - White Rose, Frozen - Elsanna and all previous.
Master Kosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 20:43   Link #2298
Dr_Tom
Also Known As Tomchan

Location: SoCal!! It's pretty awesome...once you get used to the ridiculous cost of living...
Send a message via MSN to Dr_Tom
Quote:
Spoiler for Week pt.2:
Quote:
Spoiler for Week pt. 3:
YaY!! So far I'm very much enjoying this story. Satashi I remember reading somewhere that you were hoping to become a published author correct? If so have started anything orginal yet? I think you might be able to do a fine job of it.
Dr_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 22:25   Link #2299
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

I vote D

Oh and Satashi you had me (and probably many others) fooled. You're such a tease.

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 01:54   Link #2300
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler for Week pt.2:
Quote:
Spoiler for Week pt. 3:
What I can say?