Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-22, 10:16   Link #2841
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Chapter 90 is still not out? I wonder why its taking too long.
Is normal, is a little slow 'to be translate this manga..
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 12:06   Link #2842
User68604
Disabled By Request

chpt 61
Spoiler:
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 16:48   Link #2843
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Agreed. For some reason, I cannot leak out an ounce of sympathize for this guy. Junpei from Ichigo 100% is understandable, he cried for his girls, but never gotten to this level of depress state. Don't tell me, because of the situation are different.
riight...as if a guy getting depressed by being dumped by the girl he loves is not normal...

based on how much he invested to get her, i see nothing unrealistic or overly dramatic about his response. 1st loves are the most difficult ones to get over
Old 2011-07-22, 17:02   Link #2844
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiMata View Post
I'm female, and I've been reading this series since the beginning. My first thought was this whole break-up could have been avoided if Yuki had just slept in a better-fitting kimono.

But seriously, I have to say my reaction to Yuki's request was to put my head in my hands and groan. I really couldn't believe she would seriously say such a thing. Speaking purely theoretically, her thinking has a twisted logic to it, but it defies all basic common sense and decency. She basically told Utsumi that she spent their entire date thinking about her former lover; it doesn't matter how she phrases it, that is the essence of what she said, and it was a slap in the face to a true prince of a boyfriend. Then she says it is too painful for her to watch him force himself on her account; this statement was a breathtaking blend of self-pity, faux martyrdom, and pseudo-compassion. But it was telling because she said the words "it's too painful for me." The real truth is that the break-up was not an act of caring for Utsumi - who is quite happy to have her as his girlfriend - but is purely to make herself feel better. This way, instead of working out these issues together with her boyfriend, she can tell herself she set him free for his own good, and he will be so much happier without her. Right. Need help climbing down from that Cross, Yuki?

Her actions were not only selfish and overly dramatic, but they were detrimental to her supposed goal: forgetting Tohru. By taking Utsumi to the places she shared with Tohru, she was basically taking a commemorative "Pilgrimage of Pain" - because, of course, her pain is so great and unprecedented (in her mind) that it requires a special ritual all its own to overcome. But the usual purpose of commemorating a past event is to remember it, which is precisely what Yuki should not be doing. To use a stupid example, it's like that old saying, if somebody tells you not to think of bananas, you will immediately think of nothing but bananas. Yuki lets her pain define all of her actions and decisions, and as long as she does this, she will never move past it. And, underneath it all, I don't believe she really wants to; she prefers to brood over the past and wallow in self-pity to actually facing the realities of the present.

Yuki's actions lately have been so cowardly and irrational, I find it hard to believe this is the same intelligent, perceptive girl from the start of the series. Yuki is clearly not ready to date anyone right now, so in the short term, it's probably appropriate that they break up. But she owes Utsumi a huge apology if/when she wakes up and wants him back, and even then, he would be completely justified in rejecting her and moving on...if he hasn't already done so.
excellent analysis, could not have said it better myself.

the problem AND solution is with tohru. she needs to meet with him, receive FULL closure, and then she'll be ready to date.

question is, will Utsumi be around and willing to take her back? This is a shonen romance, so yes he will.

Do I want him to? nope, id like to see a "time-skip," see him mature as a photographer and a person, and then start dating a real woman. Will I get this? NOPE!

edit: I take back all comparisons between her and Nishino. Nishino never "toyed" with Manaka like this, nor did she present herself as a "fake martyr" and whatnot to make herself feel better. She was instrumental in Manaka's development (not saying Yuki wasnt...) but at least she didnt break him down like this.
Old 2011-07-22, 17:35   Link #2845
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
edit: I take back all comparisons between her and Nishino. Nishino never "toyed" with Manaka like this, nor did she present herself as a "fake martyr" and whatnot to make herself feel better. She was instrumental in Manaka's development (not saying Yuki wasnt...) but at least she didnt break him down like this.
All is forgiven, now please rise

BTW what does "Fake martyr" mean?
Old 2011-07-22, 18:16   Link #2846
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Is normal, is a little slow 'to be translate this manga..
Actually this should be already translated yesterday or maybe these past few days.

Quote:
BTW what does "Fake martyr" mean?
I think what he meant by fake martyr was that Yuki is great for faking her own suffering or maybe hiding it to other people. (This is how I understand that word)
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 19:04   Link #2847
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Chapter 90 is up.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-23, 19:18   Link #2848
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Seriously, in a situation like this. Utsumi have every right to get mad. He should tell them off and kick them out.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 19:26   Link #2849
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Yuki didn't tell them she broke it up with him and now they are blaming Utsumi wtf.
Old 2011-07-23, 19:48   Link #2850
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

lol Eri. She thought something is going on and quite disappointed that it was just yakiniku lmao
Old 2011-07-23, 20:07   Link #2851
xeon921

Am I the only one who sees a Ryou punch to Utsumi's face again.... though I would like it if he would hit him back if it happens
xeon921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 20:11   Link #2852
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Well that might really happen if Utsumi will chase Yuki. We still don't know if Utsumi will really going to chase her.
Old 2011-07-23, 20:22   Link #2853
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeon921 View Post
Am I the only one who sees a Ryou punch to Utsumi's face again.... though I would like it if he would hit him back if it happens
He has no reason to, he's the only one that knows they're broken up.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 21:49   Link #2854
User68604
Disabled By Request

as much as i disagree with yuki's decision to break up, it's clear she still loves/cares/has feelings for utsumi. if she didnt, she would not have come all the way to this supposed "womans" apartment, and run away upon witnessing them eating together.

and its also clear utsumi is very much in love with her. i dont doubt at all that he will chase after her and try to explain everything

at least...i hope he will.

this of course, doesnt get yuki off the hook. her dumping him was cruel and unexpected. once this misunderstanding is settled, SHE better work her ass off to get back into utsumi's good graces. She broke his heart into pieces. I'll lose alot of respect for him if he simply takes her back. (getting a bit ahead of myself tho)
Old 2011-07-23, 22:11   Link #2855
EroKing

This series can have a "good" ending only if Utsumi ends up with anyone else other than Yuki. Really tired of her seeing acting like a drama queen for a while now.
Old 2011-07-23, 22:32   Link #2856
KLGChaos
The Shermain

The issue with Yuki is that the nature of the crime to her trauma is a bit out proportion. As a few psychology majors on another site said, Yuki connecting the video tape to sex trauma is a big stretch and, more importantly, her complete fear that she can't seem to shake is also pushing it. However, Sasuga originally, as shown in the tankobons, had planned for a much darker storyline, involving Yuki being raped and part of the Kendo club, wearing armor as a symbol to protect herself. That would have made much more sense and she wouldn't have been seen as a drama queen as much.

The editors told her no, which is understandable, considering WSM, despite targeting a bit of an older demographic, is still a shounen magazine and her storyline was definitely Seinen in nature (it already pushes that limit as it is).

So Sasuga is left having to connect the video tape trauma to her current fear of sex and it just doesn't work out quite as well, as the sex itself was quite consensual, which is why she comes off as the drama queen. If anything, she should have a fear of cameras more than a fear of sex.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-07-24 at 02:24.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 23:47   Link #2857
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
*facepalms*
Quote:
Originally Posted by klg View Post
Chapter 90 is up.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Yuki didn't tell them she broke it up with him and now they are blaming Utsumi wtf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayataka View Post
Seriously, in a situation like this. Utsumi have every right to get mad. He should tell them off and kick them out.
'nuff said . For once, I hope he doesn't go after Yuki. PLEASE don't go after Yuki.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 00:45   Link #2858
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Please give back Shou please. 'Nuff said.
Old 2011-07-24, 01:42   Link #2859
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

@KLGChaos, nice post as always. I agree that Yuki problem is getting out of hand, it would of been plausible if she was raped instead, but with this, she playing openly in a short shirt in tennis
Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
as much as i disagree with yuki's decision to break up, it's clear she still loves/cares/has feelings for utsumi. if she didnt, she would not have come all the way to this supposed "womans" apartment, and run away upon witnessing them eating together.

and its also clear utsumi is very much in love with her. i dont doubt at all that he will chase after her and try to explain everything

at least...i hope he will.

this of course, doesnt get yuki off the hook. her dumping him was cruel and unexpected. once this misunderstanding is settled, SHE better work her ass off to get back into utsumi's good graces. She broke his heart into pieces. I'll lose alot of respect for him if he simply takes her back. (getting a bit ahead of myself tho)
I hope he doesn't, so far Utsumi a pissy boy in my book, but he seriously need to save some face, Eri jumping on conclusion blaming Utsumi like this.. He was just eating dinner as well and she jumps in another person home attacking him lolz
Spoiler for Advice for Yuki:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
This series can have a "good" ending only if Utsumi ends up with anyone else other than Yuki. Really tired of her seeing acting like a drama queen for a while now.
Totally agree, anyone else but Yuki, Eri, Risa, and loli.

I don't mind Mei or Shou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Yes please, I recall someone states she was the first intended heroine, but the author change it later on...
Old 2011-07-24, 04:20   Link #2860
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Quote:
Yes please, I recall someone states she was the first intended heroine, but the author change it later on...
If this true then I prefer that SK should stick to Yuki until the end because what's the sense of changing the main? heroine again to go back to her first intended main heroine(if it's true that SK changed the main heroine) after all of this messed that she had done to Yuki's character? So personally she should focus on Yuki as the main heroine because if she changed again her main heroine then this just shows that she's being inconsistent for her plan in this manga.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi