AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 37 35.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 39.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 17.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-14, 20:34   Link #21
Seihai
スマイリウム

I really like how the drama doesn't feel forced. I had an easy time adjusting to both the comedic parts and the serious parts. It all felt natural. Next episode can't arrive fast enough. Forth, Rad Zwei the Hell Brown!
Old 2012-11-14, 20:45   Link #22
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
It might be heresy, but through out this episode, I kept thinking that Rikka's story would not be out of place in a Key Visual Novel....
And I was getting feelings I associate with Clannad. Which is a good thing.

Must have been a good ep. I've watched it three times already, with increasing enjoyment. Rikka flying through the brightness down toward Yuuta seemed overdone to me at first, but I felt the emotion more and more the second and third times I watched it.

Yuuta touches Rikka. He willingly goes into Dark Flame Master mode. He rebels against the Priestess. He thinks of her holding his hand. Rikka says DFM is "the strongest." Nibutani is right: it's just a matter of time.

Uchida Maaya hit some home runs this time as Rikka: her "honto? (now?)" was chilling, and the following "ima! (now!)" thrilling.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-11-14, 21:04   Link #23
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
I agree, I love this episode for that. The transition felt natural as well.

Nibutani has feelings for Isshiki? It's possible. I half-expected Fake Mori Summer to be mad at him for throwing up on her for the rest of the episode, but she didn't.

Re-watching the previous episodes, it's become apparent that there are subtle hints of foreshadowing. For instance, that time Tooka and Yuta's youngest sister played house together. The elements that Tooka added to the game of house at the time, could reflect her family's apparent situation or background.

Rikka's and Yuta's interactions both subtle and explicit were well done. I feel like re-watching it again and again.

For some reason, I'm starting to think that Kumin is just pretending to be an air head/sleepy head. She can be... observant at times.
Old 2012-11-14, 21:09   Link #24
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

In this episode, KyoAni proves to J.C. Staff that they don't even have to adapt a Key work to out-Key them.
Old 2012-11-14, 21:21   Link #25
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
I agree, I love this episode for that. The transition felt natural as well.

Nibutani has feelings for Isshiki? It's possible. I half-expected Fake Mori Summer to be mad at him for throwing up on her for the rest of the episode, but she didn't.

Re-watching the previous episodes, it's become apparent that there are subtle hints of foreshadowing. For instance, that time Tooka and Yuta's youngest sister played house together. The elements that Tooka added to the game of house at the time, could reflect her family's apparent situation or background.

Rikka's and Yuta's interactions both subtle and explicit were well done. I feel like re-watching it again and again.
since previous episode i see nibutane showing small hints of being have "feelings" for isshiki and jealous about kumin when she asked to touch him head and now everytime isshiki showed attraction on kumin she look a few jealous attitudes toward him(threat him like she treath dekomori), i really start to think maybe indeed was her who made the lover letter. its not like she really wanted appear maybe she used the letter to see how he gona act toward this because she already showed how she can be calculative and make some plans when want do something, maybe was a way to her try to overcome her chuunybiu like she already told who she enterered to cheerleaders team and class representative to avoid her old self and like yuuta her old way to confess was to crazy and she tried now something "more normal" just to check if she can do. like i told previous i think a : dekomori<----->Nibutani------->isshiki<(maybe)------>kumin---->pillow
Old 2012-11-14, 21:21   Link #26
Midonin
Last Engage

Chu2Koi 07 - The Enemy Base of Operations Holds Many Painful Secrets ~A Vampire in Broad Daylight~

Ho-kay, this is going to be tricky for me to talk about. Rikka's dad may not be Kazuki Yao, but he definitely looks to be vital in the plot. I was mostly kidding/being complimentary when I compared this to fortissimo some weeks ago. The revival of a loved one is a common theme in fiction, "fantasy" fiction in particular, so I'm okay with the use of it as a dramatic plot device. Just that my reaction to drama skews in a different direction.

So glad the rest of the club members were there to provide levity. Kumin's go with the flow attitude and the battle between Sanae and Shinka are highly amusing. The latter two probably are friends deep down (Sanae definitely has some kind of admiration), they're just never going to admit it to each other, not at this time.

While Rikka's Tyrant's Eye may be born from pain and sadness, that doesn't appear to be a prerequisite. Yuuta, as far as we know, had a happy family life, and the DekoSummer pair have shown no signs of having anything wrong going on. Yet Rikka's fantasy is the one that they all rotate around. I realize this is not how the show was meant to be interpreted, but I find the elaborate fantasy world Rikka is creating over the real one to be... cool. When taken at face value. The stuff happening beneath the surface is intriguing character drama stuff too, but on some level, I got into this show because of the world's-a-stage thing everybody was putting on.

Now, I was hoping for at least one battle on the Unseen Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, and that cliffhanger looks to deliver. If next episode begins with a grand delusion battle (or at least segues to one in the first few minutes), I will be on the edge of my seat. KyoAni, bring it!

The Elder God, he who strays outside the city walls, awakens from his slumber. But the power of the Tyrant's Eye is already born from darkness...
Old 2012-11-14, 21:35   Link #27
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Chu2Koi 07 - The Enemy Base of Operations Holds Many Painful Secrets ~A Vampire in Broad Daylight~

Ho-kay, this is going to be tricky for me to talk about. Rikka's dad may not be Kazuki Yao, but he definitely looks to be vital in the plot. I was mostly kidding/being complimentary when I compared this to fortissimo some weeks ago. The revival of a loved one is a common theme in fiction, "fantasy" fiction in particular, so I'm okay with the use of it as a dramatic plot device. Just that my reaction to drama skews in a different direction.

So glad the rest of the club members were there to provide levity. Kumin's go with the flow attitude and the battle between Sanae and Shinka are highly amusing. The latter two probably are friends deep down (Sanae definitely has some kind of admiration), they're just never going to admit it to each other, not at this time.

While Rikka's Tyrant's Eye may be born from pain and sadness, that doesn't appear to be a prerequisite. Yuuta, as far as we know, had a happy family life, and the DekoSummer pair have shown no signs of having anything wrong going on. Yet Rikka's fantasy is the one that they all rotate around. I realize this is not how the show was meant to be interpreted, but I find the elaborate fantasy world Rikka is creating over the real one to be... cool. When taken at face value. The stuff happening beneath the surface is intriguing character drama stuff too, but on some level, I got into this show because of the world's-a-stage thing everybody was putting on.

Now, I was hoping for at least one battle on the Unseen Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, and that cliffhanger looks to deliver. If next episode begins with a grand delusion battle (or at least segues to one in the first few minutes), I will be on the edge of my seat. KyoAni, bring it!

The Elder God, he who strays outside the city walls, awakens from his slumber. But the power of the Tyrant's Eye is already born from darkness...
so far we have 2 animes reference on this one: kyoukai senjou no horizon(the disillusion world name) and fairy tail(dekomori motion sickness)
Old 2012-11-14, 21:37   Link #28
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
so far we have 2 animes reference on this one: kyoukai senjou no horizon(the disillusion world) and fairy tail(dekomori motion sickness)
I'm pretty sure those are coincidences. I called the Unseen Horizon what I did because I like cheap puns. Nothing else.
Old 2012-11-14, 21:37   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
....Yet Rikka's fantasy is the one that they all rotate around. I realize this is not how the show was meant to be interpreted, but I find the elaborate fantasy world Rikka is creating over the real one to be...cool.... If next episode begins with a grand delusion battle (or at least segues to one in the first few minutes), I will be on the edge of my seat. KyoAni, bring it...!
Excellent thoughts. Maybe what's happening is that Rikka's vision is taking over, and that is what the staff intended us to feel. I'm conflicted between the trend being that way, or else toward Rikka becoming more normal. Maybe both at the same time? Only by fulfilling her vision can she go beyond it?

I'm hoping that in the midst of the coming battle, the Dark Flame Master enters the fray and helps Rikka to victory.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-11-14, 21:38   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In some ways Isshiki seems more integrated into the group than Yuuta, who is out doing his own little main quest with the Takanashi family problem.

So at the midpoint of the season we get some drama added that wasn't prominent at all in the first half... Depending on how heavy it gets from here on would determine it's success in the eyes of the fans; after all I'm not longer surprised if a number of the original fanbase were here for just cute girls doing cute things. Mah~ It wouldn't bother me at all, though I hope this dramatic addition isn't solely for just Rikka... But it does seem to be the case.
Old 2012-11-14, 21:41   Link #31
tsunade666

Nothing still beat kyoani in making the right atmosphere with right timing and right development in making this sad bitter scenes.

Great episode
Old 2012-11-14, 21:48   Link #32
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
I'm pretty sure those are coincidences. I called the Unseen Horizon what I did because I like cheap puns. Nothing else.
i know this but about the horizon this already bugging me from the start everytime she call this "horizon think" i already think about the another anime, but it is not so rare a anime make referrals/jokes/puns from/to another animes.
Old 2012-11-14, 22:35   Link #33
Midonin
Last Engage

Forgot to mention something in my review that passed through my head as I was watching. This was giving me some very heavy Denpa Onna vibes, though filtered through KyoAni instead of through Shaft. There are other differences between the two, from the obvious (aliens/ancient mages) to the not quite as obvious (Touka and Meme's reactions to the weirdness going on around them), but they share a common byline of the ambiguously supernatural. Oh, and Rikka has a larger circle of friends.

I think it was the bike that triggered this similarity searching.
Old 2012-11-14, 22:37   Link #34
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Spoiler for Rikka's catchphrase:
Well that's an interesting way too look at it.

Amidst all the troubled streaming yesterday, I still ended up watching it an hour or so late. I was so damn sleepy I couldn't make anything of it.

Huzzah for subs.

Anyway, well that was a really sad sequence of events. The part where Rikka finds there house is no longer there broke my heart.

Though I'm glad they never went to the accident route. That would've been too predictable considering the foreshadowing that was given. I really can't wait for the next episode.

PS: I hope we do get some short segments for the side characters. I really want to see more Dekomori x Nibutani!
Old 2012-11-14, 22:40   Link #35
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I would be totally fine with the loser-best-bud establishing a weird 3-girl harem situation while Yuuta is off focusing on Rikka, if only because it would be such a hilarious subversion of that kind of stock character.

Saddest moment was watching Touka joylessly pulling out the ladle at the end. Her willingness to engage in Rikka's delusions even though she clearly doesn't want to is actually pretty touching.
Old 2012-11-14, 22:43   Link #36
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I would be totally fine with the loser-best-bud establishing a weird 3-girl harem situation while Yuuta is off focusing on Rikka, if only because it would be such a hilarious subversion of that kind of stock character.

Saddest moment was watching Touka joylessly pulling out the ladle at the end. Her willingness to engage in Rikka's delusions even though she clearly doesn't want to is actually pretty touching.
Come to think of it, Isshiki more closely fits a certain variant of Male Protagonist in the Harem Genre (the perverted Harem Seeker). While Yuuta doesn't belong anywhere in the harem genre at all.

Harem Anime spinoff centering on Isshiki anyone?
Old 2012-11-14, 22:59   Link #37
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
The group dynamics are one of the things I'm really enjoying from this show. I'm pretty glad there weren't such things like "she's pretty so she gets away with it" especially when it comes to Shinka.

It's also pretty relieving to see Isshiki as something more than just a "bro foil", and at least there's one more guy in Yuuta's group playing the straight man (especially in boke and tsukkomi terms that is).

It's a combination of individuals that I thought was pretty odd at first, but I actually like that. Kumin's presence, however, tends to make things feel off, but nothing too major of a disturbance (but I can't stop feeling how odd it is though, so bear with me ).

... I kind of saw Rikka's family circumstances coming, but I can't be bothered...

Probably I should ignore this, but Touka's extraordinarily athletic... I mean, climbing up a whole floor (disregarding any means she used to get there)?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-11-14, 23:12   Link #38
HandofFate

From the tone at the beginning, I could tell it was probably a visit to the family grave.

Sucks that the mom kind of just ran off?
Isshiki x Kumin, you have my support.

Didn't really get the sense Rikka was going back to her old home, thought she would finally go to the grave alone with yuuta to come to terms, but maybe that be saved for the end of the series.

Its kind of sweet seeing Nibutani take the mothering role for Dekomori this episode lol.
Old 2012-11-14, 23:35   Link #39
hoshino_crimsonwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
In this episode, KyoAni proves to J.C. Staff that they don't even have to adapt a Key work to out-Key them.
Well said sir, one of the best things I've seen on these boards.
Old 2012-11-14, 23:56   Link #40
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
KyoAni > all studios

And suddenly, it's all serious. It's not quite as jarring a transition between funny and serious as Angel Beats. But it's close.

Touka staring Dekomori down and making her eat the salad was hilarious. You'd better not fail to eat what she cooks, or there WILL be consequences.
Closed Thread

Tags
chuunibyou, drama