AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-15, 06:27   Link #241
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ If all that's true then we should probably just migrate there and be worshiped as Gods.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 09:02   Link #242
willx
Nyaaan~~

You'll all do pretty well there if youre good at MOBAs in general, but I'm not sure where this idea of less punishing = easy comes from. Remember, your opponents have it exactly the same too. It reminds of people saying adding more features to chess makes it a better/harder game.

So anyways, back to DOTA2 .. I'm sometimes saddened by all the changes I note. Force Staff? Smoke of Deceit? Why? Why would you do this!?
Old 2013-01-15, 10:40   Link #243
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
You'll all do pretty well there if youre good at MOBAs in general, but I'm not sure where this idea of less punishing = easy comes from.
It's good because it makes the EARLY GAME matter more. Without the punishments for mistakes you can always say "meh i screwed up at beginning, as always... who cares I'ma just gonna do a 'long term' build and win this!"
With the extra punishments you consider the "not dying" more than "argh just 1 last auto-attack!"
And denies? Well, it give supports an actual purpose for the laning phase and also doesn't make it a game of "getting last hits with occasional harassing".

Quote:
So anyways, back to DOTA2 .. I'm sometimes saddened by all the changes I note. Force Staff? Smoke of Deceit? Why? Why would you do this!?
What's wrong about them?

Last edited by GreyZone; 2013-01-15 at 10:51.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 11:14   Link #244
willx
Nyaaan~~

I'm not a purist of by any means so I'm not going to debate anyone about the merits of one game vs. another, I'm just surprised how eager people are to readily make a statement of "superiority" vs. simply "different"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
What's wrong about them?
I personally hate them? They were added after I left the game? They were added after I felt the game had achieved a modicum of "balance" ? They go directly contrary to the emphasized skills of "map awareness" and "positioning" .. oh well, just my opinion from someone who used to play DOTA a lot over .. 5-6 years ago?
Old 2013-01-15, 11:20   Link #245
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I haven't started playing yet, but when I do, might try Medusa seeing as I enjoyed her in Dota. She's pretty accurate to her looks in mythology.
Old 2013-01-15, 11:31   Link #246
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
I'm not a purist of by any means so I'm not going to debate anyone about the merits of one game vs. another, I'm just surprised how eager people are to readily make a statement of "superiority" vs. simply "different"

I personally hate them? They were added after I left the game? They were added after I felt the game had achieved a modicum of "balance" ? They go directly contrary to the emphasized skills of "map awareness" and "positioning" .. oh well, just my opinion from someone who used to play DOTA a lot over .. 5-6 years ago?
I guess you are right. Talking Objectively about Items or the 2 games is quite useless, since people are always biased one way or another (e.g. which of them you played first, wether you actually did play both etc.)
Old 2013-01-15, 11:55   Link #247
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
What's wrong with them? They are tactical options that add more to the game. It's not like they're easy to use.
Old 2013-01-15, 13:06   Link #248
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I think Willx is talking about Force staff being nerfed slighty a month or so ago? Not sure about SoD don't think anything happened to it.
Old 2013-01-15, 15:11   Link #249
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I've always loved force staff. I think some people really found ways to work wonders with that thing. Personally, I could only use it on certain characters with success. It can definitely be fun on Techies, though, lol.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 15:53   Link #250
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

The more mobility you have on certain hero's can determine how well you do, like Rubick. Techies as well, force yourself into a group of 5 and detonate
Old 2013-02-06, 07:30   Link #251
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

anybody play dota 2? pm me your steam account and we'll have a jam
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 07:53   Link #252
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Not sure if this has been posted before, but fans of Chinese dota will definitely like this video:

GANK life, CARRY Dreams, strive to play out every first person view!!
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 22:57   Link #253
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Still have no interest to play, Drained myself of DOTA last year Went on it today to see the store and watch a live game. The store has some amazing items. Game is still a lot of fun to watch too. Hopefully soon I will want to play again

Oh and Tuskar is in the patch notes, fun fun. Also Silencer and Medusa are in CM.

Old 2013-02-13, 23:57   Link #254
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
The store has some amazing items.
Yet it's mega overpriced just like TF2 items. Granted, though you can randomly get items from matches and you get one item every level you get. I got a legendary courier from that .

I too am burnt out still from DotA 2. I played a lot way back in early fall but haven't touched it in several months. I want to go back but I'm not ready to commit to it again and I'm partially waiting for a good portion of new heroes to be implemented before I go back

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 09:39   Link #255
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I don't know if they are really over priced, some of the sets I could say are overpriced. I only buy single items
Old 2013-05-11, 13:59   Link #256
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Recently got back into it after a few months of inactivity. Quite a bit of new heroes came in during that time. The newest one, The Elder Titan is epic. His ult is so bad@$$. IMO his sleep-damage ability needs to be fixed.

I gave in and bought a few keys for some chests and got some pretty "rare" stuff including a couple taunts. Can't wait for The Elder Titan gear to come out, that's only stuff I'd be willing to shell out some money for. Oh, if anyone has dota 2 stuff they wanna trade, I'd be willing to trade some TF2 hats/items...just throwing it out there

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 13:46   Link #257
MrAyzarC_91

Anybody who wants a Dota 2 copy, i have 25 Gift-Copies to give away just message me or better add me on Steam im MrAyzarC there and i give them to you.
Old 2013-05-21, 12:48   Link #258
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

So many Dota 2 Invites, Still I think people who really want to play Dota can now, unless they live under a rock or only play released games.
Old 2013-05-23, 13:54   Link #259
MrAyzarC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
So many Dota 2 Invites, Still I think people who really want to play Dota can now, unless they live under a rock or only play released games.
When i got my invite they send me 5 invites week later another 10 (they still send them to me with 2 up to 5 invites sometimes).
I´m not even playing it that much ,i was kinda forced to try it out by few friends.
And just as you said those who i know that want to play it already do, so i thought why not giving them away on a gaming forum to those who want it.
Old 2013-05-23, 15:33   Link #260
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

If only I could combine them into some sort of super Dota techie invite