Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2010-05-14, 22:36   Link #1
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
FFDShow Upsampling/Preset Autoload question

Okay, so I have several videos on my laptop that are 480p. These videos do not look so good on my laptop's screen.

I want to upsample them to make them look better. I have seen many articles detailing how to upsample DVD playback to look nicer on HD displays, but I have not found any articles on how to do this for H264 encodes.

I also do not want ffdshow trying to upsample 720p and 1080p videos. I just want it to upsample the 480p ones. So I want to take advantage of the Preset Autoload function. I have figured out how to make it change depending on the file type (I can make it do different things for .avi and .mkv, for instance), but I don't know how to make it change for the same file type but different resolution.

How do I do this? My computer is a laptop with a Core i5-430M 2.26GHz processor and ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 GPU. So I should be able to handle adding additional filters. I see around 15-25% CPU utilization when playing 720p BD rips and using VSFilter, so it ought to be fine.
Old 2010-05-16, 07:15   Link #2
gugumomu
the hedgehog

you dont necessary need to change it depending on the file type, just check under "Resize&aspect" in ffdshows options page "Resize if ..." and set "x<641" and "y<481".
probably best resize method is "Spline" (under Resize&aspect-->Settings-->Luma method)
Old 2010-05-16, 12:05   Link #3
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Thanks for that info.
Old 2010-06-27, 05:36   Link #4
namaiki

Try use MadVR and then you can let the video renderer do the upscaling and not regret it.