AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-11-24, 12:18   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's, Expectations and Speculation

This thread is to discuss your expectations of Mahou Shojo Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd, scheduled to be released in 2012.

Source: Mangaoh

A discussion thread will be created when the movie is actually released, so please use this thread to discuss your expectations of the announced movie.
Old 2010-11-24, 12:29   Link #2
aers
*Fansubber

Yay

Main thing I'm hoping for is some major revision of the final battle.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 12:47   Link #3
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I'm desperately looking for Fate VS signum on high budget HD, also for the dramatic moment when Shamal says hello to Nanoha's Linker Core, and Vita's beating.

But one of my main interests is to see the retouches to Laevatein, Graf Eisen and Klarerwind; taking in consideration how Raising Heart and Bardiche was redesigned to loke more weapon-like i really wonder how Laevatein's blade will look now(also Eisen's alt modes).

finally i hope to see a very well packed background story for the Wlkies(maybe showing little bits of their time serving to past masters of the book).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 12:51   Link #4
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Expectation? Replace "scary looking but ultimately helpless" Cthulhu-wannabe (yes, yes, it was supposedly uber powerful, but we didn't get to see that) with the Materials as the last boss. Maybe add some evil flying mook army or something for extra fun so that the heroes won't all gang up on the Materials
Old 2010-11-24, 13:00   Link #5
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Expectation? Replace "scary looking but ultimately helpless" Cthulhu-wannabe (yes, yes, it was supposedly uber powerful, but we didn't get to see that) with the Materials as the last boss. Maybe add some evil flying mook army or something for extra fun so that the heroes won't all gang up on the Materials
What about this? The Material AND the Chutlu-wannabe, the defense program cast them to protect itself until it's evolution is completed. That way the aces can face the materials and the rest of the cast(Wolkenritter, Chrono, Yuuno and Arf) run to defeat that super-kaiju-thing.

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-11-24, 13:54   Link #6
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
You're hoping for a major revision.
Would be kinda cool, but I wonder what are the chances of it happening.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-11-24 at 14:05.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 13:54   Link #7
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
What about this? The Material AND the Chutlu-wannabe, the defense program cast them to protect itself until it's evolution is completed. That way the aces can face the materials and the rest of the cast(Wolkenritter, Chrono, Yuuno and Arf) run to defeat that super-kaiju-thing.
It could work in theory. In the end it depends on the execution.

My biggest complaint against Cthulhu-wannabe is that the only thing it did was...act menacingly. I don't remember whether it didn't attack at all or it's attacks didn't cause anything serious towards the heroes but the bottom line is, it's non-threatening. Compare to the fight against Reinforce I.

Besides, even the design wasn't even that menacing for a supposedly eldritch abomination (the Human Reaper from ME2 came into mind)

Also, whatever the last boss may be, I hope the battle would be more climatic, fitting for a final battle. Fate VS Nanoha above the skies of the ruins was awesome; Nanoha and Fate VS Gundamesque mooks at the Garden of Time, not so much.
Old 2010-11-24, 14:09   Link #8
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Possible, but remember we're dealing with a time constraint here. S1 didn't have that many characters, but they cut a lot of them out for the movie. As it is, while i can see some things being cut, I'm still wondering what else they plan to remove to make the movie work. The time frame is shorter (1 month, vs. S1 which took place over several months), so that has a bonus for a movie format.

The only real things I could see them cutting, are the moments between Nanoha and Fate, and perhaps Arisa and Suzuka as well, and some of the other dialogue (like between Lindy and Graham). Because they definitely have to show the Wolkenritter and their daily life, to build them up as sympathetic antagonists. Yuuno has to do his thing in the library, and Graham/Chrono has to stay because of plot reasons.

But yes, as long as they make the Cthulu-wannabee at the end put up more of a fight, and HD some of the other fights, it'll probably be decent. Still, A's had very nice pacing, from battles to dialogue, so it'll be really hard to top.

The other option, of course, is to do a complete AU, in which case all bets are off.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 14:19   Link #9
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Mhh... i take your point, the only problem with the climatic battle it will be the distribution of the heroes, in the climatic Battle of A's, one of the reasons the super-kaiju-thing doesen't do so much damage is because ALL te main cast rain rain upon the thing launching their most powerfull attacks in sucession rapidly cutting any oprtunity of a fightback(Zafira and Yuuno keep destroying the monsters it cast to attack, while Vita, Signum and the Aces smash thruogh the shields), a target as big and powrfull as that needs all the cast combined to defet it. But against three human sized targets well, unless they're proven to be unveliebable strong, it just gonna take the tree Aces to do the job, leaving the rest of the rooster as cheeleader or something. I'll hope they find a way to make averyone look aweome during the climatic battle.

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-11-24, 14:19   Link #10
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Hmm, scenes to cut?

Well if in the end they would kill off Reinforce I, might as well do that right after the final battle instead of making it a separate scene. Maybe have her dissipate along with the remnants of the Defense Program (a homage to Archer's farewell to Kana Ueda Rin would also be nice)

And considering how they shafted Yuuno back at Movie 1st, it wouldn't be a surprise if his role here would also be reduced to a very short "hey guys I found the info" scene.

That makes me wonder though. Movie 1st was described as an "in-story production", but what about A's? I thought the Administration Bureau covered up Graham's involvement on the incident? And wasn't the true nature of the Wolkenritter supposed to be a secret?

Maybe it would be an AU afterall...

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-11-24 at 14:41.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 14:22   Link #11
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

One scene they could save out and not lose any plot would be Fate's lotus eater machine sequence. Of course, since it's Fate, there's no way in hell that'd happen... *sigh*
Old 2010-11-24, 14:24   Link #12
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

They'll probably cut that since the movie gave less reason for it to happen in the A's movie. *sigh*
More likely that's cut than the NanoFate scenes at least. Some of those scenes seemed pretty important. Not all of them, but some of them.
Old 2010-11-24, 14:33   Link #13
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Talking about that, i'll hope they left intact the ultra awesome Fate's Big Damn Heroes moment when she appears to save Nanoha from Vita(just when Nanoha shouts Fate's name -mentally- Fate appears!!).

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-11-24, 14:46   Link #14
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
They'll probably cut that since the movie gave less reason for it to happen in the A's movie. *sigh*
More likely that's cut than the NanoFate scenes at least. Some of those scenes seemed pretty important. Not all of them, but some of them.
Eh, not so important. The basis of those talks was just a reinforcement of the idea that they need to keep trying to get their feelings across. At the very least, I'd expect that to get shortened to just one line from Fate: "We don't know why they are doing what they are doing, but I think it's important we keep trying. Just like you did for me." Nanoha smiles and nods, and that's it.

Quote:
Talking about that, i'll hope they left intact the ultra awesome Fate's Big Damn Heroes moment when she appears to save Nanoha from Vita(just when Nanoha shouts Fate's name -mentally- Fate appears!!).
Hey, she shouted out Yuuno and Chrono's name, too, and Yuuno also appeared to help her. ;p Yes, Fate's music was playing, but he was just as important, healing and protecting Nanoha and then occupying Vita so that Nanoha could cast her SLB.

Actually, I'd like to see Shamal and Yuuno go at it. I'd expect it to go something like this.

Even better, when set to this music!
Old 2010-11-24, 14:53   Link #15
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Eh, not so important. The basis of those talks was just a reinforcement of the idea that they need to keep trying to get their feelings across. At the very least, I'd expect that to get shortened to just one line from Fate: "We don't know why they are doing what they are doing, but I think it's important we keep trying. Just like you did for me." Nanoha smiles and nods, and that's it.

It's a continuation from the first movie. It will be jarring if Fate is not constantly worried about Nanoha's (and vise-versa) condition. So when Nanoha gets blasted by vita, or when she loses her linker core, Fate will be there to see she's alright. If they want to keep the character personalities in-tact, anyways. It can be shortened, but removing it would be a downer. As I said, not all of the scenes need to stay even if I hope they manage for as many as they can keep. But some of them are pretty essential, imo.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-11-24 at 17:07.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 15:05   Link #16
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Hey, she shouted out Yuuno and Chrono's name, too, and Yuuno also appeared to help her. ;p Yes, Fate's music was playing, but he was just as important, healing and protecting Nanoha and then occupying Vita so that Nanoha could cast her SLB.[/URL]
I know i know! what i want to say is that the kicker of the scene is that when Nanoha shouts Fate's name Fate appears instantly, saving her from Vita's suppossed killing blow, Yuuno and Arf came exatcly after. It's specially significant because at the end of S1 Fate's promise Nanoha that the next time she's in danger, she will definetly come to save her wich she does, giving the moment a powerfull impact.

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-11-24, 16:15   Link #17
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
I know i know! what i want to say is that the kicker of the scene is that when Nanoha shouts Fate's name Fate appears instantly, saving her from Vita's suppossed killing blow, Yuuno and Arf came exatcly after. It's specially significant because at the end of S1 Fate's promise Nanoha that the next time she's in danger, she will definetly come to save her wich she does, giving the moment a powerfull impact.
I see what you're saying, but Yuuno wasn't quite after; his magic circle appeared on the screen before they showed up, so it was Yuuno who teleported them both in. It was a team effort. :P
Old 2010-11-24, 20:43   Link #18
Justin_Brett

Graham gets arrested?

>_>

<_<

But yeah, Yuuno VS Shamal would be interesting, although they'd probably have to fudge it. Make it 4 VS 4 in execution and not just practice. Maybe a bit more of Arf VS Zafira, too.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 21:06   Link #19
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Well, if they wanted to include the Materials, a short scene of the Book examining the Linker Cores, perhaps with ominous silhouettes of the trio, would probably be sufficient foreshadowing?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 08:54   Link #20
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Bah, as I feared we have a long while to wait for the next movie.