AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 15:09   Link #2021
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Though once he grows up and enters adult-society (like the sweet-and-gentle sempai of Wizard did), he will have to endure the CONSTANT slander of people who won't stop whispering "that deviant who flashes himself in public", and he'll find out the hard way that those outside the Warrior-Society of Wolves are neither forgiving NOR forgetting.

...why would things change once he grows up a bit more? And if you're talking about people not involved in the bento fights, why would they be aware of his title? Besides, people already call him Hentai constantly. He seems like he couldn't care less at this point. You sure are making a whole lot of assumptions and superimpositions that don't appear to have much basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Maybe he's already traumatised and thus uses the bento fights to vent out frustrations
...really? Don't think his participation has much of anything to do with Ume.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-12-26 at 19:50.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 15:21   Link #2022
Sumeragi
Banned

@Wilfriback: Which volume is that? Also, Morika~♥♥♥♥♥
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 19:58   Link #2023
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for Satou: Total Badass:
Is that one of the twins he's holding there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Yes, because high school rumors matter in adult life

But really, I can't be the only one who felt for the twins even after their backstory was revealed, right? It was like they had no friends
They most likely didn't have any indeed, after they were totally ignored by all the othr wolves.
Same goes for Ume, who doesn't seem to have any friends either - except for Oshiroi. That's probably why she's so afrai that Oshiroi, her only firend will be taken away. Her hate towards men probably stems from a serious trauma by other men maltreating her badly.
Old 2011-12-26, 22:15   Link #2024
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

The twins' issue was nicely foreshadowed, in hindsight. It explains the way they react to Sato and Sen. But it sure makes for a weird final boss fight.

I was kind of hoping they were going to pay off Hana's dialogue writers block, by having her walk in on the combatants as they shouted highly suggestive double entendres at one another, sending her into God-of-Conquest Writing Mode. Not even sure why they had those scenes with her earlier if they weren't going to do anything with it.

Also, they really couldn't give us a "lets-see-anyone-top-this-in-ridiculousness" fight to finish off the season? I have to admit, though, I laughed when Sato hand-waved Sen asking him about the fight with a "yeah, it's all kinda a blur." The balls on this show...
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 23:14   Link #2025
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Also sure people noticed Oshiroi there with her own snuck-out bento again? XD
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 23:16   Link #2026
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Is that one of the twins he's holding there?
See my post right above yours.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 23:56   Link #2027
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Also sure people noticed Oshiroi there with her own snuck-out bento again? XD
I did. See my previous post.

Endless "Steppity step" Soul
Old 2011-12-27, 01:38   Link #2028
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

yes what a way to go indeed by far the show stealer to watch.

so let see

ice witch still got fever so sato put the towel on ice witch head then leave a message we get the eel foods.
then everyone going to foods then sato meet red hat who said something.
twins ready to go give still in fear of 3yrs ago.
sato now wondering to do give hearing red hat blah then see the twins.
then after nearly everyone showed-up here the twins then oh no it red hat.
red hat blah it like going happen again 3yrs ago which reveal that let twins get food after they got food then everyone else fight each other cause twins got foods & can't fight.
really that was happen 3yrs ago let twins get food so they avoid being beaten really such a DIRTY uncalled BOO on it.
then sato appear after some wait look almost not again BUT out of no where the ROAR of ROAR gut has risen & it's was the FREAK!!!
with the roar let be ben-to fighting & yet you JUST BRING IT!
yea in your face red hat & sum up yea twins get their payback by con-basket-to red hat down to the ground ha ha revenge of twins taste good.
after all everyone all yea for foods & sato got the eel for ice witch.
yep everything all good (give ume's 5 second cameo clothline on sato yea "ume being ume" & oh bad luck girl neck stuck on door.)
yet everyone all in now ben-to fights.

indeed what show yea really show stealer of the year now all we need is followings

1.season 2 come more of it oh yes.
2.license & dub come texas, new york, canada, & california i know you want license dub this anime indeed yes give us a dub of it.

overall best show stealer ever.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 04:29   Link #2029
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Series finale

Ah, the end of a series. I never liked that, having my fun cut short. I won't be quoting anyone's post though, due to the way I'm accessing the net at the moment, but everyone had very well opinionated posts, so hats off to everyone for sticking to this thread Back to it, in this episode, the best part would be..... the eyecatch *runs*

Seriously, at least they caught the festive mood considering the day it aired add to the fact the final fight in my humble opinion felt very underwhelming, maybe not the part where it was animated similarly to Dai Maou's infamous episode 07, but.... cutting it short with Oshiroi walking in and a view of the outside of the store, WHERE'S MY ZETTAI RYOUIKI LEG ACTION FROM THE TWINS ahem I mean, I wanted to see more of Ayame bouncing around fighting the twins, Chapatsu skillfully hiding her face while making no attempt to hide her bounciness, and where is Sen in all this? Poor girl, she drank all that pocari.... and we don't even get a scene of her using the restroom *runs*

But it had to end sometime, right? At least I got a laugh out of Pokemon Trainer Athrun, at least I went at the twins backstory 3 years ago, and at least.... I get to see Ayame finally won a ben-to in a fight. Seriously, this was like an in-direct way of the staff showing us that when Sen is there, Ayame can't win a thing

So,....what's next, guys and gal? There's hardly been anything to censor, so the BD's will just be about little subtle detail enhancement here and there, but who knows, maybe they'll announce a surprise ep 13. I wouldn't even be mad then, if they cut the budget for a ep 13 filled with hot springs and sleepover with the crew

Hope to see you all again next season. I plan to be involved with Highschool DxD, so see you then!... That's the plan anyways, I look to be busy in the next few weeks, so fingers crossed and... blood pumping in the right place
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 05:32   Link #2030
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
WHERE'S MY ZETTAI RYOUIKI LEG ACTION FROM THE TWINS
Obsured by a shopping cart containing Sen's lost pride
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 07:59   Link #2031
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Obsured by a shopping cart containing Sen's lost pride
You bastard! How dare you insult the Yarizui! Apologize this instant, and buy her some more meds (while you're at it, buy her some new pantyhose. I accidentally ripped hers while I was wiping her down)

I'm sorry, Sen! I was just trrying to hel- *gets a choke hold from a blushing, heavily breathing Sen*

Ahem, forgot to mention, The music that played when the twins encountered that.... baseball bat of Heracle's (sorry, what's his name again?), it reminded me of NHK's ED, ah fun times
Old 2011-12-27, 09:14   Link #2032
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
You bastard! How dare you insult the Yarizui! Apologize this instant, and buy her some more meds (while you're at it, buy her some new pantyhose. I accidentally ripped hers while I was wiping her down)

I'm sorry, Sen! I was just trrying to hel- *gets a choke hold from a blushing, heavily breathing Sen*

Ahem, forgot to mention, The music that played when the twins encountered that.... baseball bat of Heracle's (sorry, what's his name again?), it reminded me of NHK's ED, ah fun times
I will make amends, since she likes my favourite dish... eels
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 12:59   Link #2033
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Welp, apparently they didn't even want to show the final fight. C'mon now. The animation in the final episode was also really off. Really is too bad, but it does seem like they simply ran out of budget at the end.

Overall, the series was a fun watch every week for its use of the absurd and its fun characters. Probably one of the more successful shows in its genre for me, as too many in the past have missed the mark.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 15:59   Link #2034
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I will make amends, since she likes my favourite dish... eels
Hmm, wasn't her pursuit of eels due to a number of reasons not to her preference? Well, since she tried so hard to go after them, I guess she does like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Welp, apparently they didn't even want to show the final fight. C'mon now. The animation in the final episode was also really off. Really is too bad, but it does seem like they simply ran out of budget at the end.
It's too bad that budget is the #1 reason speculated here, someone once mentioned the staff promised 1 fight per episode, but even that was off the mark.

Quote:
Overall, the series was a fun watch every week for its use of the absurd and its fun characters. Probably one of the more successful shows in its genre for me, as too many in the past have missed the mark.
It certainly was a really fun watch for me. My "must-watch-now list" ended up being:

1. Ben-to
2. HAganai
3. Horizon
4. Guilty Crown (don't laugh)
5. C³

The only thing I didn't like was my connection being a total killjoy on weekends, other than that I really liked looking forward to the next ben-to, and it's eyecatches *runs*
Old 2011-12-27, 16:58   Link #2035
Shadow5YA

Was the brunette/chaptsu nameless in the novels as well?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 20:15   Link #2036
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Anyone spoil me regarding Sen x Satou in the novels? or Satou going after some other girl?
Old 2011-12-27, 20:25   Link #2037
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:

Nah, better get her some proper overknee socks rather than that awful pantyhose
Old 2011-12-27, 22:04   Link #2038
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Anyone spoil me regarding Sen x Satou in the novels? or Satou going after some other girl?
Hmm, interesting question. How is the romance in this series/novel? Satou did look like he's been pursuing Sen in the latter episodes, and Ayame's remark about him also made it sound like he chose Sen instead of, someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Nah, better get her some proper overknee socks rather than that awful pantyhose
Ha ha, okay, since they are both within my preferences, I'll let Sen decide. I wouldn't want to force her to wear something and give me a kick somewhere where it hurts
Old 2011-12-27, 22:20   Link #2039
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Hmm, interesting question. How is the romance in this series/novel? Satou did look like he's been pursuing Sen in the latter episodes, and Ayame's remark about him also made it sound like he chose Sen instead of, someone else.
But he has always been enticed to Sen from the beginning. It might as well be the main reason or motivation why he participants in the bento fights.
Old 2011-12-28, 00:05   Link #2040
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
But he has always been enticed to Sen from the beginning. It might as well be the main reason or motivation why he participants in the bento fights.
I meant that he started being more conscious of her after the pool episode, like fantasizing about her. Prior to that it was all fight and no romance Well, for that matter, this series has shoved romance to the side as fast as Ayame was friendzoned

Tags
action, comedy, harem, light novel, shounen