AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-13, 14:30   Link #321
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Once again I apologize if you are not understanding what the fck im saying it sounds right in my head but when I type it, it sends out in a weird ass message xD
You're doing better than most people who have it as a first language (I'm assuming).
Old 2008-06-13, 14:34   Link #322
nines
I much prefer the 2d

lol thank you lol but yea what I said what do you think about what I said?
Old 2008-06-13, 14:55   Link #323
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
lol thank you lol but yea what I said what do you think about what I said?
That it doesn't really change anything?
Old 2008-06-13, 16:17   Link #324
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sheryl rose from #8 to #3 in this month's Newtype polls only behind the immensely popular duo of C.C (who just won best female of the year for the second year running in Animage) and Kallen from Code Geass. Ranka is on her toes in the #4 position up from #10.

Alto-hime breaks into the top ten this month with the #4 position and Macross itself managed to put Code Geass into 3rd place but is still behing the current season of Code Geass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
What developement? That she's human enough to be effected by a kiss?

I also don't really approve of how Sheryl's pushed Ranka into the whole singing thing. It's not like it was Ranka's idea to become famous. She just liked singing, but no Sheryl decides on a whim to grant Ranka her support.
I like how you ignore that Ranka wanted to be like Sheryl and also sings to be heard but hey why talk about stuff like that when you can just criticize Sheryl instead right?
Old 2008-06-13, 16:19   Link #325
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Thank you Westlo thats what I said x.x
Old 2008-06-13, 16:35   Link #326
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I like how you ignore that Ranka wanted to be like Sheryl and also sings to be heard but hey why talk about stuff like that when you can just criticize Sheryl instead right?
Not at all. I see Ranka as a child playing with fire. If she likes you, she'll tell you what she thinks you might want to hear.
Old 2008-06-13, 16:37   Link #327
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yes when she was dancing for joy at getting the ticket to the Sheryl Nome concert it was because Sheryl Nome was right beside her! Tone down your hate for Sheryl Nome Whiny84 and insert some objectivity into yourself because it's just making you look dumb period. I doubt you'll find another Ranka fan to back up your point even if they hate Sheryl, you're wrong on this issue so cut your loses before you look like more of a fool than you already are.
Old 2008-06-13, 16:40   Link #328
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Sheryl rose from #8 to #3 in this month's Newtype polls only behind the immensely popular duo of C.C (who just won best female of the year for the second year running in Animage) and Kallen from Code Geass. Ranka is on her toes in the #4 position up from #10.

Alto-hime breaks into the top ten this month with the #4 position and Macross itself managed to put Code Geass into 3rd place but is still behing the current season of Code Geass.

Very true...especially when her own blog indicates how much she wants to be like Sheryl.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-13, 16:48   Link #329
Wesley84

Quote:
Yes when she was dancing for joy at getting the ticket to the Sheryl Nome concert it was because Sheryl Nome was right beside her!
I never denied Ranka being a ridiculously huge fan of Sheryl. Just that becoming a singer was entirely her own idea. I mean, do you really expect Ranka to tell her Idol that she liked singing, but didn't want to become a dink like Sheryl?

Quote:
Tone down your hate for Sheryl Nome Whiny84 and insert some objectivity into yourself because it's just making you look dumb period. I doubt you'll find another Ranka fan to back up your point even if they hate Sheryl, you're wrong on this issue so cut your loses before you look like more of a fool than you already are.
It's no worse than the bull Sheryl fans attribute to her character. Hell, as far as more than a few are concerned, she and Alto are already in love and planning their wedding.
Old 2008-06-13, 16:50   Link #330
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I never denied Ranka being a ridiculously huge fan of Sheryl. Just that becoming a singer was entirely her own idea. I mean, do you really expect Ranka to tell her Idol that she liked singing, but didn't want to become a dink like Sheryl?
That's why Ranka was singing Don't Be Late (before and as she run into Sheryl) and Diamond Crevasse in episode 2 as well as singing What bout my star @ folmo in 5. And FFS make up your own mind, you said 2 posts up that Sheryl pushed Ranka into the singing business now it's entirely Ranka's own idea. Make up your mind and stick to one thing, that's what the best trolls do and you're lacking.

Quote:
It's no worse than the bull Sheryl fans attribute to her character. Hell, as far as more than a few are concerned, she and Alto are already in love and planning their wedding.
So you're countering stupidity with more stupidity? Sad thing is you're serious and the posts you're talking about are more than likely said in jest..... I guess your vision goes red when you read them so you don't realize
Old 2008-06-13, 16:53   Link #331
nines
I much prefer the 2d

You can't say Sheryl fans act like you most if not all Sheryl fans still think their is a possibilty that Alto x Ranka will happen there's a decent chance that it will happen but were not doing why you're doing and flaming the crap out of opposing fans you dont see us saying Alto x Ranka will never happen because shes a stupid spoiled bitch. None of them are like that Sheryl is a little stuck up but not a bitch anymore like I said. So dont compair every one to your self your just butt sore because your loosing a fight <.< which were not even supposed to be doing.
Old 2008-06-13, 17:19   Link #332
Wesley84

Quote:
That's why Ranka was singing Don't Be Late (before and as she run into Sheryl) and Diamond Crevasse in episode 2 as well as singing What bout my star @ folmo in 5.
Heaven forbid Sheryl break the Goddess Illusion she has Ranka under.

Quote:
And FFS make up your own mind, you said 2 posts up that Sheryl pushed Ranka into the singing business now it's entirely Ranka's own idea. Make up your mind and stick to one thing, that's what the best trolls do and you're lacking.
I didn't write two different things. I denied saying Ranka wasn't a fan, followed by exactly what it was that I had denied. Forgive me if that's bad writing somehow.

Quote:
So you're countering stupidity with more stupidity? Sad thing is you're serious and the posts you're talking about are more than likely said in jest..... I guess your vision goes red when you read them so you don't realize
It's called a parody.

Everyone gets tired sometimes. I should probably give it a rest until Sheryl gives me more ammo to use against her.
Old 2008-06-13, 17:27   Link #333
Westlo
Lets be reality

Look up the meaning of parody please before you use it again.

Quote:
I didn't write two different things. I denied saying Ranka wasn't a fan, followed by exactly what it was that I had denied. Forgive me if that's bad writing somehow.
Are you unable to read? Which is it.

Quote:
I also don't really approve of how Sheryl's pushed Ranka into the whole singing thing.
or

Quote:
I never denied Ranka being a ridiculously huge fan of Sheryl. Just that becoming a singer was entirely her own idea.
Old 2008-06-13, 18:21   Link #334
Slick_rick

Quote:
Are you unable to read? Which is it.
I think you're the one off there. He clearly means that the fact that he denies that becoming a singer was entirely Ranka not that becoming a singer was entirely Ranka idea. The first and second sentence must not be taken separately as they compliment each other.

Last edited by Slick_rick; 2008-06-13 at 18:36.
Old 2008-06-13, 18:33   Link #335
Westlo
Lets be reality

Meh I stuffed up but my point still stands that while Sheryl helped Ranka along she hoped to be a singer in the first place. Saying something like this

Quote:
It's not like it was Ranka's idea to become famous.
When she admitted she wants to be heard in addition to being like Sheryl just doesn't compute.
Old 2008-06-13, 20:50   Link #336
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I think you're the one off there. He clearly means that the fact that he denies that becoming a singer was entirely Ranka not that becoming a singer was entirely Ranka idea. The first and second sentence must not be taken separately as they compliment each other.
I got a weird impression on this. Perhaps Ranka should stay home or behave like Ozma's unimportant the-ignorant-non-blood-related-little-sister until a humanoid Vajra in black knocks her door, before that, just leave the whole show to Sheryl and Alto. We sit back and enjoy how they make it out. Sounds great to me.

Sheryl just gives her a little push and perhaps a little confidence. If becoming a singer is a mistake, it's mostly Ranka's fault (60%), much less are Sheryl's and Alto's (20% each).

@ Wesley84
Sheryl doesn't grant Ranka support on a whim. (Oh, I agree she is blamable. She shouldn't push Ranka or she would have other whole 22 episodes to play with Alto, she is blamable to bring Ranka into story at a cost of having her own screentime cut.) I remember she said in a blog entry she has been touched by a singer and she hears some quality in that singer's voice. I guess she just hears some similar stuff in Ranka's.
Old 2008-06-13, 23:22   Link #337
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
@ Wesley84
Sheryl doesn't grant Ranka support on a whim. (Oh, I agree she is blamable. She shouldn't push Ranka or she would have other whole 22 episodes to play with Alto, she is blamable to bring Ranka into story at a cost of having her own screentime cut.) I remember she said in a blog entry she has been touched by a singer and she hears some quality in that singer's voice. I guess she just hears some similar stuff in Ranka's.
Actually I think almost dying together had more to do with it than Ranka's ability to sing.

Also, I watch American Idol. I understand that there's having a good voice, then being a good performer, and finally actually being a good artist. So far Ranka's got only two down, since she has no original works, and her style probably isn't unique either.

And apparently if Ranka's blog is any indication she sucks at creative writing, so she's boned from here on out.
Old 2008-06-13, 23:31   Link #338
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Technically...

Ranka hasn't succeeded as a singer yet... but as an actress.
Old 2008-06-14, 12:31   Link #339
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Sheryl's new blog entry is up, and it talks about her new theme song for the Macross Zero movie. My Japanese isn't fluent, but what I can understand seems mostly fluff. Anyone care to translate?
Old 2008-06-14, 13:10   Link #340
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

She is talking about how her image song will be used in the movie (which wasn't) and Miss Macross was supposed to star in it. She also talks about the power of songs.

There are a lot more, but I will leave it to our two diligent fellows to do the rest, I am really lazy.

- Tak
Closed Thread

Tags
characters