AnDuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 05:10   Link #2
mah_damey

no brainer. midori no hibi.
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 05:10   Link #3
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Gao Gai Gar is known for some of the most energetic and heart pounding openings in the entire Brave Robot genre. The opening theme song is catchy and most excellent. It starts off running and just keeps going. The visuals keep pace nicely, and over the course of the series the openings keep getting updated with more and more flare as more characters, weapons, and abilities are introduced. The Gao Gai Gar FINAL openings are all this and more. Really good stuff. The endings are good, but I don't think I'd place them in any sort of top running.

Macross 7 has one of my favourite openings. Seventh Moon is an excellent song, performed by an excellent band, and while the series is a bit lacking in the animation budget, this does not show in the opening sequence. I'm usually opposed to CG, but it's mixed well with 2D animation and not used as the main focus. The first ending is decent, good song, excellent art by the famed Haruhiko Mikimoto, but the second ending with the song Dekado Baby is much better.

Dynamite 7 is even better. Dynamite Explosion is yet another excellent song, from a multitude of excellent songs performed by Humming Bird, that band behind all of Fire Bomber's music. The CG Fire Valkyrie is a bit gaudy, but everything else is excellent. The end credits are nifty, with lead character Neki Basara singing amidst various live action environments. It sounds tacky, but it's pulled off really well. The end song Parade is on par for the musical work in the show, that being far above average for any anime.

The Night the Earth Stood Still: Giant Robo has one of those classic intro sequences that stands up as one of the best in anime. It's classy and retro, with very well done modern animation (well, modern for the early 90's, but it's still better than most newer intro sequences to this day). Giant Robo has an incredible score, easily as memorable as anything John Williams has put together.

Tetsujin 28 Go, by the same director and the same creator as Giant Robo, shares trademark style and classy-ness in it's opening sequence, but with a more traditional opening theme song. I can't get this song out of my head, I can't wait until local distributers have gotten their hands on the soundtrack!

Captain Herlock Outside Legend ~ The Endless Odyssey has both an incredible opening and ending sequence. Filled with Leji Matsumoto's trademark style, done up right with the unparallelled directing of Rin Taro, this incredible series gets an outstanding opening sequence that will last as a classic for years to come. The opening orchestral theme, The Endless Odyssey, is one of those pieces of music that people will just attribute to this legendary character from now on. The ending blues piece The Nameless Lonely Blues is one of those songs you can just keep listening to, over and over again, without getting tired of it. The end sequence fits very well, not much in the way of animation, just an upward crawl across a wonderfully illustrated mural of all the characters of the show. Simple, but very effective.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 05:40   Link #4
Blue*Dragon

Naruto 4the opening/ending (the last)
Gundam Wing Opening

I like those to and if there maby a old animation

yugioh! japanese intro 5
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 05:56   Link #5
Blaat

All Gundam openings except for SEED and 0080

And bunch of others, too lazy to list.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 06:58   Link #6
HoboGod
Necromancer

Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight OP
Excel Saga OP
Shadow Skill TV OP

i don't wait around listening to the end. ^_^
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 07:51   Link #7
Limiter
Dead Apostle

Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
Cowboy Bebop OP/ED
One Piece 2nd OP and all the ED except the first.
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 10:17   Link #8
kamatari honjo

are we talking about songs alone...because i guess my choice would be different...but for over all animation/music opening...

paranoia agent has the best opening bar none, catch song...plus amazing visuals...

closing...i really like the monster and 100 stories ending. but for animation/music i am going to have to go with wolf's rain.

hmm, there is a song from the german release of one piece that i think is awesome too, grand line by verschieden. its very eighties - popish.

i have to mention that the gantz OP/ED are good, too...especially closing.
kamatari honjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 11:01   Link #9
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
Best op: Bakuretsu Tenshi
best (fitting) ed: happy lesson advance

some other nice ones are the ikkitousen op and the vandred op
CerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 11:54   Link #10
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Ummm...

I haven't heard too many, and since I'm really not into the whole J-pop genre, I thought Green Green's OP/ED's were rather unique and refreshing. The OP was that ska-ish, rock track that was rather amusing, and the ending had a pretty nice guitar line. Just a thought.
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 12:26   Link #11
sonydjsnmix

Both Angelic Layer EDs
Kodomo No Omocha 2nd OP
Dectetive Conan "Secret of my Heart" ED
Excel Saga OP and CL
Anything from Hikaru no Go
Naruto 3rd OP and 1st ED
Inuyasha "Every Heart" and "My Will" EDs

There is more but thats all I can think of right now.
sonydjsnmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 12:44   Link #12
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Humm...

A few that I can remember with very good openings.

Full Metal Alchemist - 1st Intro and Song. I like the lyrics.

Hajime No Ippo - Every OP and ED. I'm a sucker for anything Hajime No Ippo. Espacially 2 nd OP and 1 st ED.

Record Of Loddoss War TV- Opening. The song, the animation was superb. Too bad I can't say the same about the anime itself.

Tenjo Tenge
- Opening. Catches the feel of the manga well. I hated it, then I loved it. I almost hate that I love it.

Berserk - OP. The best example of J-pop people speaking english sounds really funny. TELLLL MEEEE YYY!! TELLL MEEE YYYY TELLLLLL ME WHAAA UUUU WAAANNNTTTT~ OH ya... memories.

Samurai Champloo - OP. First hip-hop anime opening I've ever heard. It grew on me after having watched episode 1 for the 3rd time(showing it to various people).

For some reason I can't remember as many ending themes though.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 12:53   Link #13
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Most of them are boring (including the ones listed above). Half the time I really just skip the op/ed but there are two that impressed me the most

1. OP of Ghost in the Shell SAC (season 1 & 2)
2. OP of Paranoia Agent

Naruto has had so many op/ed's a few have caught my attention, like the ed with the walking big heads that's was nice.

a for catchy openings, bakuten, tenjou tenge and gantz.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 13:23   Link #14
Hairra

Revolutionary Girl Utena OP.
Magic Knight Rayearth 2nd Op.
hellsing OP.
Sentou Yousei Yukikaze OP.
Hairra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 13:38   Link #15
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Last Exile - Both Op/ED, loved the flow of the animation and the music. Beautiful.
Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu - Funny
Knight Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 13:51   Link #16
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Since Slade provide alot of Opening theme, let me add some Ending theme,

Last Exile - The ending is great, the vanship theme, with Claus and Lavi pictures growing up really nice touch. I love the Vanship model, I really want one of those. ^^

Chrno Crusade - I love the ending of this anime. It was simple lines moving around and draw the characters, but it was very serene and capture the personality of each character. ^^

Naruto - The ending like HunterX mentioned, the big head walking that was the best one, I love it ^^, the rest naruto ending are nothing special, I just skip them.

Peacemaker Kurogane - For some reason I love the walking pig in the ending. ^^

Monster - The ending is great, is just a simple monster picture but has an creepy atmosphere to it. The song is a good vintage too. It's like as if I've just watch a really old movie.

Last edited by Secca; 2004-05-29 at 14:21.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 14:44   Link #17
Kouji
StrykerX

Naruto

4th Season
OP - GO!!
I actually like this better than Kanashimi wo Yasashisani

ED - Ima Made Nando Mo
This ending is really cool. And it's more like a victory fanfare which Naruto and his teammates have won the big war.

Ragnarok the Animation

OP - We Are the Stars
This has a really cool catchy and upbeat theme. And this' what got me into this series ^_^.

Stellvia

ED - Asu no Brilliant Road
Great ending to a really cool scifi anime ^_^

Sonic X

ED 2 - The Shining Road
This ending is really sweet and cute. And I really like this overall
Old 2004-05-29, 15:43   Link #18
xfordained
you should die

GANTZ both op and en
xfordained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 16:43   Link #19
elmoisfat

That right....monster ending......though i don't like the song, but i like the picutres. It's just creepy. (fits my taste)
elmoisfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 17:35   Link #20
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

It's a rarity that I ever like an anime Opening or Ending sequence. Because anime music usually aren't my type of music.

Mahoromatic I Outro - The ending song is just so catching. I can sing it all day long, or I used to...and the adorable dancing female characters karaokeing (spelling?) to the song just won my favor. Top it off with the "Ecchi nano wa ikenai to omoimasu!" line makes it my favorite ending. So far.

Tsukihime Intro - It's a pretty good intro instrumental. Coupled with profound images shown along with the intro makes it powerful, and poignant.

Chobits Outro #2 - A very good song, very moving. I love that guitar riff. Simple, yet dominant. Oh, the vocals were good too.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote