AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 23:21   Link #201
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Spoiler for 111:
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 08:45   Link #202
John Smith

Spoiler for 112:
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 11:59   Link #203
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
Spoiler for 112:
Spoiler for Mako's Adventure:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 18:51   Link #204
John Smith

Spoiler for 114:
Old 2012-11-16, 00:16   Link #205
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
Spoiler for 114:
From what I've seen Anna is a very prolific model with a successful image (being with Maiko probably helped), plus she just started having a radio show. I think Japanese models show up in more than just fashion magazines (my impression is that fashion columns show up everywhere), so she has more coverage than one would expect a model can do in the west.

Also...

Spoiler for 115:

Just in time for the series' 10th anniversary. Well played, Shimura-sensei.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 14:04   Link #206
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Looking back at the beginning of the story and now, I could not believe Yoshino became a successful model and there seem to be something wrong with Anna. It feels like she wants to break up with Shuichi and let Yoshino have him.

But the main focus is on Sasa this chapter, she has grown to look like Maho now, but lacks the bitchy personality to be her mini-me. Sasa was ask by a friend in middle school to go to a mixer and it seem she liked this guy... hmm random guy we don't know about.
Old 2013-01-27, 17:05   Link #207
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

117 is out!

So the protagonist feels like a man, when he is with Anna and I am surprise at Anna high tolerant of Nita dressing like a woman until they grow old.

Tsuki-chan joining the couple. I wonder if there any NTR later on and it seem Nita has to decide on staying with Anna or sticking with his cross dressing. He does not feel like a woman when he is with Anna. If the author takes this route, Nita might go back to Tsuki?
Old 2013-03-01, 10:53   Link #208
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm getting very ominous vibes over the last few chapters. I think Shuu is headed for a major existential crisis, and I hope someone (presumably Takatsuki) is there for him when it happens, because he's always been there for everybody else.

What a hideous betrayal by Jyougasaki. Nitorin is simply too trusting and too damn nice.
Old 2013-03-01, 15:29   Link #209
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm getting very ominous vibes over the last few chapters. I think Shuu is headed for a major existential crisis, and I hope someone (presumably Takatsuki) is there for him when it happens, because he's always been there for everybody else.

What a hideous betrayal by Jyougasaki. Nitorin is simply too trusting and too damn nice.
I think the crisis is simple. Unlike Takatsuki, who can slip between male/female roles due to her relatively androgynous build, Nitorin is realizing that guys don't usually work the same way. This is why it's better to catch transgender kids early, due to how "destructive" hormones can be to the body. He'll have to decide soon if being a girl is really what he wants, because the longer he waits, the harder it will be to undo the changes of male puberty. It's not like there aren't "mannish" women out there, but Nitorin saw what happened when the father tried this, and problems that caused in public circles. The article from Jyougasaki bothered him more about the comments to it, than the betrayal of trust. And his friends too are noticing that he isn't passing as well as he used to.

I think this is where Yuki will be of help. She passes amazingly well, which suggests that she made her decision around the time Shu is now. I don't think anyone else could offer the advice she could.
Old 2013-03-01, 19:06   Link #210
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, Yuki doesn't "pass" - she's a woman now. It's not beyond possibility that Shuu will go that route, but there are significant differences between his situation and Yuki's. I certainly agree that Yuki is someone who could help Shuu out with some life's wisdom, but I still feel like it's Takatsuki who's going to need to be there for him if he crashes (though I believe Nitorin's love for Anna is genuine, and hers for him).
Old 2013-03-27, 08:44   Link #211
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Jeepers, 119 was certainly intense. Takako is taking great pains to make sure we're aware that Nitorin is no longer a child.

I'm still getting very dark vibes lately about where the series is headed. Shuu seems to be going to a place where no one can help him but himself.
Old 2013-06-09, 18:14   Link #212
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oh wow, chapters 120 and 121. Not really surprised at Takatsuki's delayed realization, but in 121... did Nitorin obliquely confirm that he and Anna had sex already? Then, wow. Definitely not a kid anymore.

Then again, it does seem that what we're all reading is Nitorin describing things in past tense. Could it be that we really are just reading "their story", that Nitorin said he waited to write in-universe? Layers upon layers.
Old 2013-06-10, 04:20   Link #213
Sol Falling

I need some filthy doujins about Nitori railing Anna, lol. I never thought he was that pure a kid in the first place, but Shimura is really holding out .

I still have no idea/opinion about the ultimate direction this story's going on the issue of Shuu's transgender identity, but with all the sex and masturbation talk recently, I do have to comment that I feel like if a biological male goes as far as to actually have sex using their penis, some part of their mind becomes dyed as inescapably male. Sexuality is something that's just that powerful, particularly if Shuu indulges in it that habitually, like Doi's masturbation comment hints at (or, to be frank, like I'd expect from most boys at that age).

Anyway, it's been a while since I've reread this series and the chapters don't really seem to be coming out that regularly, so just when I'm getting into the mood of Takatsuki x Chiba scenes it always hits me like a bucket of cold water when I remember Saorin is dating that jerkass Furuya. Shitsux. Just talking about the series in general, it's not like I'm bored or anything but I'm way less invested in the characters than I ever was before because of stuff like that so I hope that things start to improve sometime.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2013-06-10 at 05:45.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 11:04   Link #214
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

As the manga goes on... sometimes I think Makoto's the only one who doesn't look like he's getting older...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 21:52   Link #215
Utsuro no Hako

The last chapter is scheduled for the August issue.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 06:35   Link #216
Dop
Mmmm....

Just read the last chapter. I'd had an idea where things were going for a few chapters now and on the whole while it seems like an abrupt end in some ways it's still a good place to end it.

Now if only Fantagraphics would up their production schedule as at their going rate it'll be ten years or more before they get to the end provided they ever do.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 15:16   Link #217
John Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Just read the last chapter. I'd had an idea where things were going for a few chapters now and on the whole while it seems like an abrupt end in some ways it's still a good place to end it.
It was abrupt but at the same time it seemed the story was at an end. Shimura didn't seem to think there was anything left to say. Could it have gone on longer? It definitely could have and I think the story might have been better off if all the subplots were wrapped up in three volumes rather than the last chapter. But in the end if the author doesn't want to write you can't force them to.

That being said the last chapter had a lot of great moments and reminded me why I love them all. I'll miss them all.

Quote:
Now if only Fantagraphics would up their production schedule as at their going rate it'll be ten years or more before they get to the end provided they ever do.
The worst part is that every volume seems to arrive six months to a year late. (Judging by the dates posted on Amazon.)
Old 2013-07-21, 18:46   Link #218
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
That was... a nice way to send off the series. The last few pages were particularly striking, especially the lines "There were two children. One wanted to be a boy. One wanted to be a girl. One stopped wanting to be a boy. That's all there is to it."

...Which is followed immediately by Anna and Nitori kissing (in what I assume was the first time they consummated their relationship), and Nitori firmly announces that he wants to be a girl... Which Anna rebuffs, "And what would that make me, a lesbian?"

Stunning stuff.
Old 2013-07-21, 19:59   Link #219
achirist

Wow, I just read the last two volumes in one sitting. I really wish Mako had a better ending--let him confess his feelings and get a boyfriend! But as a whole, it was a sweet conclusion.
Old 2013-07-22, 11:16   Link #220
Sol Falling

Not much to say about the ending proper; the manga does a pretty good job summing itself up all by itself (maybe too good a job, lol). What really kinda threw me was the treatment of Chiba though. Like dang, what the hell. Shimura threw her into some pretty amazing scenes at the end right there but ultimately they were of a nature which fundamentally can't leave me satisfied.

First of all I feel totally corrupted by how much I enjoyed seeing Doi hit on Saorin on account of my hatred for Furuya when supposedly I am supposed to be going full yuri route given everything about my developing tastes in fiction over the past four years. Also two, holy shit that ending scene. I mean, I guess romance has always been a major theme/undercurrent in this series but that ending totally blew all that away and made me think about why we didn't just get more stuff like that amazing thing Chiba did in the later stages of the story.

Like, that was truly amazing. Fundamentally, you could say that the role that Saorin played over the entire story was that of an enabler, relentlessly/unwaveringly helping or even pushing people into stepping out into the world and embracing/expressing their potential/true selves. Sure, she was overbearing sometimes and often divided things and people far too starkly into black and white, and I guess 'maturing' out of that is a sign of growth. However, the pure, unwavering simplicity of the acceptance Chiba showed to all aspects of Shuuichi (and Takatsuki I guess, in a less dramatic way) was probably the real miracle of the start of this series. And honestly I couldn't and haven't had enough, of this portrayal of a person who was able to live so purely for the sake of others. To the point that all Shimura's left me with after such an amazing closer to the series is a vague feeling of frustration.

Anyway, welp I guess that's it huh? That's it. (Also this post was written after 24+ hours of having no sleep.)
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, seinen