AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-01-03, 04:30   Link #41
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
ni love for sochie, just the way i like it
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 04:38   Link #42
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

You a Sochie fan too?

I just loved her courage and how she put the burden on her shoulders to avenge her father at such a young age and vulnerable time...She always stood strong eventhough she had to be dying inside at times..

Also unlike many Gundam angst children...The way she acted never really seemed forced, it always seemed natural to me...

She even came thru plenty of times in that rag-tag Kapool...
Old 2006-01-03, 10:33   Link #43
GX9900_NTlv9

I prefer Kiel to Sochie..
GX9900_NTlv9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 10:43   Link #44
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
I also believe that Loran and Dianna got married. I don't see how Tomino would have meant otherwise with the ring at the end! After all, this is the new, happy, improved Tomino, so he has to give Loran and Dianna the happiest ending

Kihel is with Harry now

Who else agrees that Harry is the awesomest hidden-face guy in any Gundam series? I do!

I mean Char is a douchebag, likes little girls, and tried to kill billions of people by dropping Axis (good thing Amuro the man stopped him). Rau is just crazy. Neo is just Mwu. And the only good thing about Zechs is he's good looking (but then again, so are all the male characters in Wing).

Harry is a true knight. I still remember his ANGRY speech when Midgard took Dianna away to space and Harry couldn't catch up to them. Also, man, when he totally PWNED 5 Mahiroos in the last few episodes on his own, wow! Also, who can forget his most memorable line, "UNIVERSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Can anyone tell me where to get Harry's shades?

Oh also, I've come up with this theory about face-hidden people in Gundam.

Mask = opposition to the protagonists. Examples: Every single masked character
Shades = cooperation with the protagonists. Examples: Quattro helps Camille. Harry helps Loran.

I'm so happy there's a sudden resurgence in interest for Turn A. Less and less ignorant fools think of it as "That moustache Gundam," and more and more people think of it as "the greatest Gundam series." I wonder why's that? Maybe it's Seed Destiny turned out so crappily, so people are looking for alternatives

Last edited by W-General; 2006-01-03 at 11:02.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 11:31   Link #45
Blaat

I loved it when Bruno got hold of those shades and was imitating Harry in one of the last episodes.

Why was Harry wearing those shades? I must have missed that explaination...twice
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 11:56   Link #46
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General
Oh also, I've come up with this theory about face-hidden people in Gundam.

Mask = opposition to the protagonists. Examples: Every single masked character
What about Schwarz Bruder?

Quote:
Shades = cooperation with the protagonists. Examples: Quattro helps Camille. Harry helps Loran.
Don't forget good 'ol Jamil Neate.
Old 2006-01-03, 12:16   Link #47
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
What about Schwarz Bruder?
If you want to get technical one might Neo to that list as well...he was helping Kira at the end of GSD
Old 2006-01-03, 12:20   Link #48
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@W-General - Hey I loved Harry too (especially the scene where he screamed "UNIVERSE!!!!" ), but comparing him to Char is like comparing a a puzzle-piece to a chess-piece...

And damn did anybody like my fanfic ending??
Old 2006-01-03, 12:45   Link #49
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
If you want to get technical one might Neo to that list as well...he was helping Kira at the end of GSD
Well, a few of the masked ones were helping the protagonist at some point in the series, including Zechs and even Cronicle. But in general masked characters tend to be part of the enemy side, including Neo, who was with the EA for more than half the series, and was quite the villain for that matter.

Schwarz Bruder though was always the mentor type character that Quattro/Jamil were... So maybe he would have better followed tradition with shades instead of the mask...

But anyway, Harry just simply kicks ass.
Old 2006-01-03, 17:36   Link #50
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Harry was pretty cool. I just wish we could have seemed him more in battle then we did but when he was he shined. I so wanted to see what would have happen if he and Loran has squared off. I don't think it ever happen, just nto actually fighting. They basicly stood in each others way at times, like when Diana arrived on Earth but outside of that nothing.

wingdarkness: You wrote a fanfic ending for Turn A? Where is it?

I agree Sochie is one of my favorite character in all of Gundam and at the very top of the list for Turn A. Personally I do wish that she and Loran had gotten together in the end but I'm not really against the Loran and Diana pairing either. If we had to score who suffered the most in this series then Sochie would win but she handles it so well and naturally which is what makes her such a great character. Hell all of the characters, especially the female ones in Turn A.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 07:34   Link #51
GX9900_NTlv9

I wonder what would be Loran's reaction when he found out one day that Diana was really Kiel...
Old 2006-01-04, 10:02   Link #52
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
That's not gonna happen, XD

Man, all this Turn A resurgence is making me play Tsuki no Mayu / MOON over and over again.

Who here agrees with me that it's THE BEST GUNDAM SONG EVER!!!!!!!!!!11111
I still remember when I saw the last 5 minutes of the TV series and they played this song, I almost cried because it was beautiful beyond words...also BEST GUNDAM ENDING & ENDING SEQUENCE EVER.
Old 2006-01-04, 11:02   Link #53
GX9900_NTlv9

No, not really, Gundam X second opening was the best gundam song IMO.
Old 2006-01-04, 11:29   Link #54
Blaat

Turn A does have the best OST though or at least the most memorable one mind you that is my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Well, a few of the masked ones were helping the protagonist at some point in the series, including Zechs and even Cronicle. But in general masked characters tend to be part of the enemy side, including Neo, who was with the EA for more than half the series, and was quite the villain for that matter.
You're, of course, right. Although in case with GSD Neo was a good guy for the final episodes which never happend before (unless you count the MSG novel)

Quote:
Schwarz Bruder though was always the mentor type character that Quattro/Jamil were... So maybe he would have better followed tradition with shades instead of the mask...
I don't think that would have hide his identity from his brother. Maybe he should have been wearing a mask + shades.
Old 2006-01-04, 11:35   Link #55
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

My favourite Gundam song is Shinkai no kodoku from the Second Destiny OST. But as usual with Gundam Turn A got some very nice bgm and songs.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 12:30   Link #56
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Diana is my love, Sochie's problem, was she was too hard on Loran when she was going through that phase of hating moonrace. I did like how she put on the wedding dress after Gavane's demise, it is the single most touching memory in gundam only second to Trieze's demise.

I still would like to know why Midgard killed Agrippa.

I for some strange reason like the way Diana and Loran were placed together. It was the best i'd ever seen. It will prbably always be my favorite relationship in all of Gundam, maybe in all of relationships.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 22:06   Link #57
GX9900_NTlv9

I think Loora is the best-looking female character...
Old 2006-01-05, 04:05   Link #58
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

While not to also sound like a pest... but if there is a slight resurgence of interest in Turn-A, it would be greatly appriciated if anyone is willing to help keep our torrents seeded. >.>;; The fact that Turn-A doesn't have the downloading numbers that SEED had makes the task of maintaining them a little bit difficult ^.^;; This includes the big torrent on boxtorrents if anyone is willing to help...

Just a request to help keep a good Gundam series alive. My own personal bandwidth is constantly strained trying to do this.
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 21:27   Link #59
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX9900_NTlv9
No, not really, Gundam X second opening was the best gundam song IMO.

Speaking of Gundam X music though, I liked first OP much better than second OP. Probably because they play it much more often in Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden
Old 2006-01-06, 22:18   Link #60
GX9900_NTlv9

I really thought the OSTs of Gundam Wing was good until I watched Gundam X, it was way cooler.