AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 13:17   Link #81
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

No kidding, that pVP match looked huge. far bigger than GW2's
Old 2012-11-08, 14:53   Link #82
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

It does look big. Pretty nice visuals too, waiting to see the UI.
Old 2012-11-08, 14:56   Link #83
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
No kidding, that pVP match looked huge. far bigger than GW2's
i wouldn't judge a trailer video on how anything looks. I've seen videos for long time that have shown that their pvp will be like that. Never is.

Is there no AOE attacks? I mean it just take one sorc to send in some huge area of attack and damage those half the population there big time.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 15:32   Link #84
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The entire video sounds so dreadfully similar to every other MMO video we've seen in the past seven years. While the change to the combat system is encouraging, I remain skeptical. Slightly more optimistic, but skeptical.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 17:22   Link #85
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Is there no AOE attacks? I mean it just take one sorc to send in some huge area of attack and damage those half the population there big time.
Or, given that we're talking about a siege situation... trebuchets and catapults (the latter loaded with several smaller stones instead of one large one) will deliver the AoE unpleasantness nicely. And then we have the sort of rain made famous by the film adaptation of the battle at Thermopylae...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 10:13   Link #86
killer3000ad

Alliances cinematic trailer
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2013-01-23 at 05:49. Reason: Old link is dead, this is working one.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 10:38   Link #87
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Anyone else hear blizzard's bladder fail?
Old 2013-01-22, 10:48   Link #88
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm, I'm mixed about all this -- I never played any Elder Scrolls game other than Skyrim (tried getting into Oblivion but found it lackluster and stopped) and it was an interesting romp, but I wore on it quickly.. It does look neat though!
Old 2013-01-22, 13:19   Link #89
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I'm more interested to the content & the RvR part. If i get the DAOC's feeling , it's day one for me. Well first i hope i can get to the beta.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 14:58   Link #90
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I'm more interested to the content & the RvR part. If i get the DAOC's feeling , it's day one for me. Well first i hope i can get to the beta.
Since "community" or "roleplay" seems lacking in MMOs any more, the one remaining attractant I have is content, questlines that tell stories, depth of immersion. Given the legacy of fairly complex quest lines and side stories in the Elder Scrolls franchise, to me this is a must.

Just unsubscribed from Secret World, which promised tremendous content and then simply stopped after the first few routes. Of course, I'm getting the impression it required too much thinking and research for the average moron, er, player who romps around in an MMO these days. (glances over at the EQ/EQ2 series which had so much content I still haven't played it all after years and years)
Old 2013-01-22, 18:38   Link #91
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Since "community" or "roleplay" seems lacking in MMOs any more, the one remaining attractant I have is content, questlines that tell stories, depth of immersion. Given the legacy of fairly complex quest lines and side stories in the Elder Scrolls franchise, to me this is a must.
This. Content is something that a lot of the recent mmos have either promised but lacked, or didn't have at all such as Aion, Rift, SWTOR, Tera, and even GW2 (GW2 though is picking itself back up and adding content quite fast).

Imo, TES Online is standing at the tip of a cliff. It's either gonna succeed or it's gonna fall hard. I don't see it surviving in between, but either as a success or fail.

Signed up for the beta as well .

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 19:16   Link #92
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
This. Content is something that a lot of the recent mmos have either promised but lacked, or didn't have at all such as Aion, Rift, SWTOR, Tera, and even GW2 (GW2 though is picking itself back up and adding content quite fast).

Imo, TES Online is standing at the tip of a cliff. It's either gonna succeed or it's gonna fall hard. I don't see it surviving in between, but either as a success or fail.

Signed up for the beta as well .
Rift is a good example of just missing the boat. It started off with a great premise. The quests had story continuity but as you approached the cap the story faded. The rifts themselves were usually exciting, mostly because half the zone was newbies and utterly freaking out. The biggest fail for me is the notion that I have to run the *same* dungeons dozens of times even at low levels. I'm sorry but that isn't immersion. I want to *explore* dungeons not just run them by the numbers knowing where every corner and critter is.
Old 2013-01-22, 20:15   Link #93
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Alliances cinematic trailer
Saw it in a different link.

It is just as I feared; no in-game graphics at all. Zero. This is just a cute cutscene that showed nothing of what the gameplay is like. Most of the "cool" fighting styles and actions are impossible to execute in the game, and even the battles are likely unrelated to this trailer.

You might say "isn't that normal"?

No, not for something with TES in its name. The Elder Scrolls have not used pre-rendered cutscenes in their trailers for some time. Even when they have cut scenes it was rendered with the in-game engine.

This is just a normal MMO. Good or bad, they are not proud of showing us what the game would actually be like. Unlike with the TES history when they just showed what you see is what you get; like how the intro of Oblivion was the entire Imperial City.

When World of Warcraft released their trailer, they showed the actual in-game world. They were proud of what they created and they were prepared to put it on display. This? This is an MMO that tried to associate themselves to a single player RPG franchise, and not willing to show what they truly are.
Old 2013-01-22, 20:29   Link #94
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I think you need to look a bit more at it, because they have shown a lot of gameplay already.

They wanted to have a sweet trailer, Let them have one.

What did you guys put for the "why should we pick you"

I put

Literally I put that link after some usual "Big fan of the series, looks promising, wonna make sure it has a smooth launch in any way I can" yada yada

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2013-01-22 at 20:39.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 04:20   Link #95
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Just unsubscribed from Secret World, which promised tremendous content and then simply stopped after the first few routes. Of course, I'm getting the impression it required too much thinking and research for the average moron, er, player who romps around in an MMO these days. (glances over at the EQ/EQ2 series which had so much content I still haven't played it all after years and years)
I feel like what MMOs really need is to have a bunch of in game Dungeon Masters with tools that can change the world. Basically, they'd act as active lore creators that drive players to do tasks and actually shape the world as people are playing. Events could be as localized and simple as a DM controlling a super monster to rampage through town and announcing to nearby players to kill it or being as complex and long term as acting as a mastermind NPC who creates a secret society of player characters, and eventually getting the people in the society to try to overthrow a city (with governing npcs getting killed, town getting through into chaos, etc). DMs could try to actively work against events that other DMs are planning/doing, so you'd have a lot of chaos and things might never go as planned.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 04:37   Link #96
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I like games with cutscenes , most mmorpgs dont have them, one of the reasons swtor is the best for me atm...well if you subscribe, ftp sucks
Old 2013-01-23, 08:34   Link #97
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I think you need to look a bit more at it, because they have shown a lot of gameplay already.

They wanted to have a sweet trailer, Let them have one.

What did you guys put for the "why should we pick you"

I put

Literally I put that link after some usual "Big fan of the series, looks promising, wonna make sure it has a smooth launch in any way I can" yada yada
You got the key for sure Kyero, Hypnotoad cannot be beaten.
Old 2013-01-23, 12:20   Link #98
DuoRanger
Banned

prepare youseves, the massive shitstorm rant about boobplates in this game will be ridicuous
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 13:32   Link #99
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Actually no. Bethisda wont allow that...... a terrible game called Scarlet blade how ever..... not even the hypnotoad can get me to play that.
Old 2013-01-23, 15:49   Link #100
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Anybody applied for the beta? Anxious to know when people will start to be accepted and get to start playing.