AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-02, 17:21   Link #10201
otacu
Flag forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
im wondering if the lack of Rozen Maiden in this year's tournament may have been another factor in the decrease of votes compared to last year
This year characters were definetely lacking compared to the past but i doubt the 500 votes decrease was only Rozen Maiden's fault ....
Old 2008-11-02, 17:25   Link #10202
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
If there are strategic votes, they are way less obvious than in 2007. So Rena's defeat to Miyako was the fruit of a hideous conspiration meant to prevent a Higurashi repeat? Sure.
Sure was. Rena pulled many more votes than that vs. Maria, so was completely caught off guard vs. Miyako who Rena could have easily defeated had she given it her all.

Nanoha almost lost to Hiromi - somehow, I doubt she could pull 900votes with her own fanbase.

Fuko defeates both Fate(1033 votes was largest vote total in rd. 2 besides Fuko, who defeated Fate) and Hanyuu(large fanbases) with absurd numbers, then completely falters against Tsukasa.(weak numbers vs. Haruka who defeated Rika, as well.)

In fact, all the Clannad characters lost a considerable amount of votes when against Kagami. Either Kyoani is It's own fanbase, or there was some dirty tactics going on.

There are several other instances, too, but would need to go back and look at graph to name them all. The inconsistency of numbers in Saimoe is ridiculous.
Old 2008-11-02, 17:33   Link #10203
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Considering how voting forms are transforming from 2ch's "Wait 2 hours code" to a simple 5-second click and run, J Saimoe will have to regroup and reform if they want to come back to their peak year in 2006.
If Jsaimoe would turn into a simple 5-second click and run, I'd quit following Jsaimoe. For me the 2-hour wait for the code is what makes it exciting. It shows those who are dedicated to support and those who are just casual voters who will not want to wait for a code.

Just stating my opinion why I follow Jsaimoe, my post is not meant to insult the other moe tournaments.
Old 2008-11-02, 18:03   Link #10204
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Sure was. Rena pulled many more votes than that vs. Maria, so was completely caught off guard vs. Miyako who Rena could have easily defeated had she given it her all.
This is the one I consider disappointing. I know Rena can pull larger numbers and had in all three contests (2006 she lost to Fate a Finalist, 2007 she lost to Nagi also a Finalist). I'm not upset because she lost, I'm disappointed that the numbers were not where they should have been. At least Fate and Hanyuu lost with good numbers to their record. A loss with good showing is worth it. A lackluster defeat means someone wasn't paying attention.

Same goes for Rika, the fanbase seems like it was asleep, but at least the loss was by only one vote (mine)...and Haruka is amazing.
Old 2008-11-02, 18:20   Link #10205
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

I am very disappointed in Higurashi this year.Rika gone too early and Hanyuu lost
by tacticalvotes(the numbers of Fuuko in next round told us).Shion and Mion defeated easily.
Old 2008-11-02, 19:46   Link #10206
Team Rocket Elite

I think that was just Rena's fanbase underestimating her opponent. Miyako wasn't weak since she went on the nearly knock out Tomoyo and outdid her vote total against Rena. Miyako might have got some help from people trying to knock out Rena, but the bigger problem was Rena not bringing her A game against a powerful opponent.

Nanoha almost lost to Hiromi - somehow, I doubt she could pull 900votes with her own fanbase.

I'll agree that Hiromi did way too well, but in the she still lost.

Fuko defeates both Fate(1033 votes was largest vote total in rd. 2 besides Fuko, who defeated Fate) and Hanyuu(large fanbases) with absurd numbers, then completely falters against Tsukasa.(weak numbers vs. Haruka who defeated Rika, as well.)

Fuuko had weak numbers against Haruka, but so did Rika. Perhaps Haruka was not really considered a threat so fewer voters come out. In the end she wasn't. Also keep in mine Fuuko vs Hanyuu occured on the same day as Kyou versus Kagami which likely drew in a lot of Kyoto support. I don't think Fuuko is too far off Fate in terms of power. Strategic voting support or not, I think she had a shot at winning especially since Fate had to deal with a small handicap with Ginga in the battle.

In fact, all the Clannad characters lost a considerable amount of votes when against Kagami. Either Kyoani is It's own fanbase, or there was some dirty tactics going on.

I think it's because they were Kyoto Animation characters. It wasn't always Lucky Star beating on Clannad. Tomoyo managed to beat down Konata pretty badly as well.
Old 2008-11-02, 19:57   Link #10207
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
If Jsaimoe would turn into a simple 5-second click and run, I'd quit following Jsaimoe. For me the 2-hour wait for the code is what makes it exciting. It shows those who are dedicated to support and those who are just casual voters who will not want to wait for a code.

Just stating my opinion why I follow Jsaimoe, my post is not meant to insult the other moe tournaments.
Dedication wise, I'm with you 100 percent. Hardcore Otaku wise, 100%. But this is probably also why Japan Saimoe could be turning from a mainstream tournament to an underground hardcore fanbase tournament, because so many new voters who will want to pike interest in Saimoe will turn to the voting methods used, and with ISML outdoing Korea Best with a simple click and run (more administrative work on our side), Japan's numbers will continue to go down until only the most badass of the hardcore voters are left.
Old 2008-11-02, 19:58   Link #10208
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Hiiragi Sisters were the favorites going in, so they had the most backing from KyoAni fans (Clannad or Lucky Star) and perhaps just moe fans in general, so it is logical that any Clannad girl going up against either Hiiragi would have an uphill battle to win. Konata doesn't have as much support as Kagami or Tsukasa. Nagisa, Tomoyo, Kyou, Fuko, and probably Kotomi, had the best chances against them after Hinaguki, Fate, and probably Rena. (Ryou would have been an interesting match verses Tsukasa, but she just does not have the backing for that kind of fight).
Old 2008-11-02, 20:08   Link #10209
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I lack the will to argue over this. I've convinced myself Saimoe is one large cesspool of strategic, anti and hate(this is what happens in a strictly otaku-based tournament) voters, and since there is no way to prove or dissprove it, I'll just go about my butthurt ways.
Old 2008-11-02, 20:38   Link #10210
con2020tran
Some Toasty... Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by con2020tran View Post
One question: Does anyone have the larger version of this pic?

Hurrah, someone on 2ch brought it to attention:

http://page.freett.com/saimoedan/2008/02/_all.jpg

Thanks for everyone here for making this year's Saimoe so fun to follow. The fact that my number one won was great, though I wouldn't say it was enough to make up for that Kagami/Hinagiku final. *shrugs* Oh well.

And while it seemed endless, the final rush was awesome. Thanks again. ^-^
Old 2008-11-03, 00:42   Link #10211
Kit-Tsukasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by con2020tran View Post
Hurrah, someone on 2ch brought it to attention:

http://page.freett.com/saimoedan/2008/02/_all.jpg

Thanks for everyone here for making this year's Saimoe so fun to follow. The fact that my number one won was great, though I wouldn't say it was enough to make up for that Kagami/Hinagiku final. *shrugs* Oh well.

And while it seemed endless, the final rush was awesome. Thanks again. ^-^
there was rush, but not enough, and thus disastrous low vote turnout in final round since it was clear who the winner would have been. If everyone who did vote in this competition, had voted in the final....It would have been something like 2000-1000 (considering last year's final had about 3000 votes)...either most people couldn't decide (those who really don't care about who wins or lose since they're not "hardcore" members of this tournament) or those who have given up on this saimoe by then.

Lots of newcomers to look forward to next year though ~ Time to kick LS butt with Taiga and Index :3 and maybe loli Fate if we get the movie in the next few months.

Saimoe 2011 (as of end of First Prelims): Waiting for main tournament bracket draw.
Old 2008-11-03, 04:28   Link #10212
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadar121 View Post
longtime lurker, first post here.
Despair when Hinagiku lost, but hey, a Kagamin is fine too. The three part hina combo nearly made up for it though.

Spoiler for Hina Combo as PNG:
Thanks. Join us next year then. We'll still be hardcore Hinagiku fans then
Old 2008-11-03, 05:00   Link #10213
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Dedication wise, I'm with you 100 percent. Hardcore Otaku wise, 100%. But this is probably also why Japan Saimoe could be turning from a mainstream tournament to an underground hardcore fanbase tournament, because so many new voters who will want to pike interest in Saimoe will turn to the voting methods used, and with ISML outdoing Korea Best with a simple click and run (more administrative work on our side), Japan's numbers will continue to go down until only the most badass of the hardcore voters are left.
Won't discuss long about this since it's a matter of personal preference.
Also not my intention to offend the supporters of the other moe tournaments, so this will probably be my final reply to you.

I'll say it simple and clear. I like JSaimoe voting method because it makes me feel I'm voting on a unique and exciting japanese anime tournament. Become an undergrouond hardcore otaku fanbase tournament? Call it whatever you like, I don't mind - I'll keep on voting on the tournament I prefer.

Voting method of other moe tournament, it's so easy to do. Click a choice and vote casted.
It feels like I'm just voting on a forum's favourite anime character poll.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-11-03 at 05:22.
Old 2008-11-03, 05:31   Link #10214
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

We should respect J-saimoe.They are tradition.

*However,I always enjoy other tournaments,too.Korean-saimoe is so colourful.
Old 2008-11-03, 06:03   Link #10215
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Won't discuss long about this since it's a matter of personal preference.
Also not my intention to offend the supporters of the other moe tournaments, so this will probably be my final reply to you.

I'll say it simple and clear. I like JSaimoe voting method because it makes me feel I'm voting on a unique and exciting japanese anime tournament. Become an undergrouond hardcore otaku fanbase tournament? Call it whatever you like, I don't mind - I'll keep on voting on the tournament I prefer.

Voting method of other moe tournament, it's so easy to do. Click a choice and vote casted.
It feels like I'm just voting on a forum's favourite anime character poll.
Eh, well, I won't argue there, as it does emit that feeling that all the voters are devoted, which is part of the reason why J Saimoe tends to trump the rest in terms of accuracy and legitimacy...
Old 2008-11-03, 10:11   Link #10216
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
one last 09 sig before they close this thread...

she'll be one of the top characters i'll be rooting for next year...
osananajimi ftw...

since this thread will be closed i'll probably put the sigs that hopefully i'll be making in an album in my user...

or maybe somewhere else...
Old 2008-11-03, 12:02   Link #10217
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

btw what was the 2ch response to this years saimoe? are they worry or happy about the low vote totals? clannad having 3 in the top8? a inter-series final? what is the japanese' take?
Old 2008-11-03, 18:02   Link #10218
ando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
btw what was the 2ch response to this years saimoe? are they worry or happy about the low vote totals? clannad having 3 in the top8? a inter-series final? what is the japanese' take?
One successful point was that they were able to restrict super multi votes like P-region last year and prevent the results from being affected by a few people, but the problem was that the other people got involved the restriction and could not get a code, that caused the low vote totals.
Old 2008-11-03, 18:09   Link #10219
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Finally the tournament ends.Nice to see my Kagami won the tournament...

Well if i still can live until next Saimoe,then i'll for sure will join this tournament again.Hopefully can see the old faces too next year playing the tournament together.And to Todkapuz...make sure you participate next year's tournament earlier heh.

And to Ando..another great job in managing the thread for ASuki forumers this year.Hope to see you organize the next Saimoe tournament's thread again next year.

Until then..see you all again next year.

*Off from this thread*
Old 2008-11-03, 21:41   Link #10220
hirahira
a duck is fine too

I don't remember there being a poster like that for Rika

Tags
j-moe, j-saimoe, saimoe