AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-20, 20:27   Link #61
HandofFate

good way to have the country behind you, have the military trust and rely on you.
Pride gets the cheat of being able to master and learn all these fighting skills. In world, to outsiders, they would think she's using her foresight to fight to avoid and counter any attacks.
Old 2023-07-20, 21:23   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Pride really is going to be the most legendary ruler that nation has ever seen . Managed to not only save all those recruits that would have certainly died without those supplies, but presumably she'll have masterfully rescued the Captain herself. Within the Knights she's probably already got greater popularity than her parents. Could probably take the throne right the heck now with military support .

But she is making great use of her body's talents. What made her a devastating last boss can make her a top tier Hero Queen. Even made good use of the person she was rescuing being there to both take down any enemies she sent his way and secure the guy who presumably has an ability that can get them out of that jam. Maybe he also has teleportation? Or some kind of environmental control.

I enjoyed this one. She's really maturing into an effective leader. And they are giving plenty of time to her as a kid. Setting up yet another love interest.

You can definitely guess where the son of the Captain will go and where he did go in the original story. Seems like a safe bet that Pride in the game would have mocked this whole disaster and driven that kid in a fit of rage to become a knight himself so he could kill Pride someday. But in this case he'll probably be so moved by her rescuing his father that he'll also become a knight, just with the absolute desire to protect Pride at any cost.
Old 2023-07-21, 00:35   Link #63
Alchemist007
*Author

Do not drop bombs on the enemies...bring me closer, I want to slice them.
Old 2023-07-21, 04:58   Link #64
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
She went there to save the man. Enemy was just in the way. :P
Old 2023-07-21, 18:57   Link #65
Strahan

Wow, that was a badass ending fight. Pride is definitely no shrinking violet Though it's kinda funny to see her going action hero against the trainer and then at the end all in that large gown, and given how it is shaped I assume she's wearing a crinoline type thing under that. I can't imagine swordfighting and flipping around like that, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Not sure what her justification is for still thinking that her "judgement" is coming.
I was wondering the same thing. She seemed pretty convinced, but in the game she's executed because she's basically a conniving bitch. She's totally different now, so what does she think she's gonna get executed for now? Being too awesome? hehe
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-21, 21:36   Link #66
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I was wondering the same thing. She seemed pretty convinced, but in the game she's executed because she's basically a conniving bitch. She's totally different now, so what does she think she's gonna get executed for now? Being too awesome? hehe
Probably thinks she'll fall into depravity of her old ways if she lets herself indulge in any of her dark thoughts.
Old 2023-07-22, 01:18   Link #67
magnuskn

Said depravity is still kinda underexplained. I mean, "original" Pride was really just Evil with a major E to Stale, basically a "some people just want to see the world burn" kind of villain. That's a bit hard to explain with just a basic "her mom didn't love her enough" explanation, nor the sudden loss of her mom and dad and getting too much power too fast.
Old 2023-07-22, 13:17   Link #68
Frontier

Quote:
Said depravity is still kinda underexplained. I mean, "original" Pride was really just Evil with a major E to Stale, basically a "some people just want to see the world burn" kind of villain. That's a bit hard to explain with just a basic "her mom didn't love her enough" explanation, nor the sudden loss of her mom and dad and getting too much power too fast.
She might've been a psychopath from the get-go but I feel like the consecutive events of losing her parents at a young age when she was already a spoiled brat and getting the keys to the kingdom in the process didn't help matters.
Old 2023-07-22, 14:11   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It fits. She has no problem with the concept of fighting. Thus it was fine to drop off supplies for their forces. But she is simply trying her best to keep Stale from directly killing anyone. Dropping herself off is still fine since she's the one deciding to fight.

It's just a selfishly drawn line in the sand due to her memories. She simply doesn't want to make Stale a killer if she can help it. Even if it's likely unavoidable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
She might've been a psychopath from the get-go but I feel like the consecutive events of losing her parents at a young age when she was already a spoiled brat and getting the keys to the kingdom in the process didn't help matters.
Kid might have also just plain been evil. But it could have just been a collection of things. She was born into a position of extreme power. Was clearly allowed to do as she wished even before her father passed away. She'd been getting rid of servants that displeased her and letting her do that probably inflated her ego and gave her a taste for making people suffer. Then her parents die and she's got access to even more authority. Maybe people were currying favor with her and that let her go even further down that messed up path. Then once she got her hands on Stale and got a taste for true cruelty it was just a roller coaster to disaster.

The show could certainly spend some time on exploring that evil Pride. We're left with a decent amount to speculate from, but the show isn't expressly spelling out which factors impacted her in what way. But I think it's fine. There's plenty of reasons for someone in that position to go from bad to worse.
Old 2023-07-22, 14:41   Link #70
Marina2

To be fair, most villain in visual novel game are created to be evil just to get in the way or to get killed by MC. Developer usually won't bother give them the reason why they become evil unless there is a way to befriend with them in the game.

BTW, I notice that Pride doesn't know about the captain's ability. I guess his power detail is omitted or not mentioned in the game due to player limited POV.
Old 2023-07-22, 18:08   Link #71
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
To be fair, most villain in visual novel game are created to be evil just to get in the way or to get killed by MC. Developer usually won't bother give them the reason why they become evil unless there is a way to befriend with them in the game.

BTW, I notice that Pride doesn't know about the captain's ability. I guess his power detail is omitted or not mentioned in the game due to player limited POV.
People didn't find out all the layers to Lieselotte until they released a fandisk from her perspective.
Old 2023-07-23, 15:35   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post

In the game, the captain is just some capture target's tragic backstory.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-27, 11:01   Link #73
Frontier

So in the original game timeline, OG!Pride treated Rodrick and his subordinates' death so callously, like it wasn't even worth her time or attention and their lives meant nothing, with the implication that she also knew it was going to happen and did nothing. Yeah, I can't blame Arthur for being determined to follow his fathers' path to get close to Pride and take his revenge, setting up his route in the game, and he really does become the spitting image of his dad .

So what's this bandit guys' deal? Pride seems to know him, knows about his power, and it seems like he was involved in the Last Boss route. Was he a love interest? Or just an NPC relevant to the plot? We'll probably see him again one way or another .

Pride did it! She saved everybody! Including Rodrick! And now everyone loves and admires their first princess and how far she's willing to go for her people! Really the only people unhappy are the bandit guy who got arrested and Stale who feels like he failed because Pride had to go in herself and he couldn't protect her .

Princess carrying a princess! With the high from all the fighting and near death experience out of the way, Pride remembers she's a young girl getting carried in a rather exposed state with her bare legs and bloomers on display for all to see. Not that she thinks she has much sex appeal, but that'll come with maturity. Also I doubt OG!Pride had a pout that cute .

Pride did an amazing thing, but that doesn't mean she's safe from getting dressed down by Rodrick for risking herself for men who are supposed to lay down their lives for their princess and kingdom and how she very well could've made everything worse if she wasn't careful. All that being said though, Pride won't stand for Rodrick acting like his life didn't have value, just like all the citizens of her kingdom have value, and what princess wouldn't give her all for the sake of her people ?

So Arthur wasn't some rebellious son, he wanted to become a knight like his father but felt like he couldn't measure up because his ability wasn't suited for the job...but Pride, having saved his father, has given him a reason to try again and be worthy of defending her and the kingdom. It's enough to bring Rodrick to tears and realize how happy he is to be alive and get to see this happen before his eyes .

I don't think Stale appreciates the idea of having another boy around Pride who wants to protect her like he does .

Pride really does have a bad habit of telling people who swear their undying loyalty towards her that she hopes they kill her if she just so happens to turn evil at some point. Not knowing that Arthur is so dedicated to her that he'll cut down all her enemies or anyone who gets in her way, and will do everything he can to keep her on the right path. Capture Target #2 secured, I guess ?
Old 2023-07-27, 12:18   Link #74
magnuskn

Well, it's a good thing she already has her sister turned to her side as well, since the poor girl will be without love interests before long.
Old 2023-07-27, 12:50   Link #75
Marina2

Nice episode. It address Pride's inappropriate action as the princess while also let her share her viewpoint on the matter. Those speech by her are great.

I really like the casts in this anime.

Oh, Was that the jealousy I sensed from Stale?
Old 2023-07-27, 13:07   Link #76
zeross87

Quote:
Well, it's a good thing she already has her sister turned to her side as well, since the poor girl will be without love interests before long.
she'll have to take responsability of her herself then =D
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-27, 13:55   Link #77
Frontier

Quote:
She'll probably be content with her big sister .
Old 2023-07-27, 19:38   Link #78
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I think Pride mostly won her argument due to pure passion and authority. Since honestly the arguments could have gone back and forth. Since she brought up the lives that could be saved by the Captain and those he trained in the future...he could have gone right back in the same way. How many innocents could perish or lives be harmed because they lost a Princess of that level of talent? Probably a lot more than the lives that would have been lost if the Captain died. If she wants to live for the people of that country then she can't afford to throw away her life unless absolutely necessary.

But obviously things worked out great, so they should probably just be happy about that . And she's not wrong that the Captain's life was valuable. Both sides were right in different ways. It's just that thanks to things working out they are both alive to argue about it now.

I was also thinking thought that at this rate Pride really won't leave a single love interest for her sister . I guess that's the irony of tragedy. Other Pride being such scum and putting her sister through hell probably made her mature faster and become the kind of shining star that people would be drawn towards. With a capable and good sister in front of her it's probable that Tiara will never really stand out at all. I do wonder if the story will find a way for Tiara to stand out. She obviously has talents that led to her being a protagonist. But it would be weird for the show to let someone take Pride's spot in positively fostering a character arc for however many love interest remain.

But at least things are looking good. The biggest drama that is foreseeable is Arthur vs Stale vs...whoever the next love interest will be . These guys are all so intensely passionate and feel a strong need to protect Pride. So letting someone else hog that position isn't going to sit well by them.

The Arthur thing was funny though. So Pride never had a clue who the Arthur guy that came after her life was in the game? Unlike Stale which was direct malice, she pissed off someone that ended up dedicating their life to taking her down...by pure accident . Since this Pride didn't clue in to Arthur being one of the love interests or the son of the Captain until she got his name...I can't see any other option. She really was a great last boss. Made lifelong enemies without even realizing it .
Old 2023-07-28, 02:15   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think Pride mostly won her argument due to pure passion and authority. Since honestly the arguments could have gone back and forth. Since she brought up the lives that could be saved by the Captain and those he trained in the future...he could have gone right back in the same way. How many innocents could perish or lives be harmed because they lost a Princess of that level of talent? Probably a lot more than the lives that would have been lost if the Captain died. If she wants to live for the people of that country then she can't afford to throw away her life unless absolutely necessary.
She'd answer that Tiara will make a better queen anyway.

Quote:
The Arthur thing was funny though. So Pride never had a clue who the Arthur guy that came after her life was in the game? Unlike Stale which was direct malice, she pissed off someone that ended up dedicating their life to taking her down...by pure accident . Since this Pride didn't clue in to Arthur being one of the love interests or the son of the Captain until she got his name...I can't see any other option. She really was a great last boss. Made lifelong enemies without even realizing it .
She doesn't remember the game that well.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-29, 10:17   Link #80
HandofFate

lol, so after conquering all the love interests to her side, she will secretly make a death kill me pact with them in secret. And all of them will be working under that bind while the others don't know.

Wonder if we ever get a reason why the original Pride acted that way, or just go the 'its an otome game, it doesn't have to make sense' route like the Mob Isekai one