AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 1 3.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 3.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 34.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 34.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 19.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-17, 14:40   Link #21
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Maybe because I get my action fix elsewhere at the moment I don't mind these rather slow paced episodes. I wouldn't call this ep a filler, we learned some tidbits especially about the semi-automatics. Someone (possibly Leonir) is making new technology available and seeing what it does to the fragile peace. Very handy for someone with an interest in the arms race and who may be anticipating a resumption of hostilities in the near future.

Alice's sisters are scary, especially Elise who wins points for the kick and the dress. Alice's crazy antics continue to make me laugh. Like how she jumps on the coach, pushes the driver off without a by-your-leave and charges away.

Overall the animation was okay though and I enjoyed the music again. Some of the backgrounds were rather pretty, the old Bavarian inspired castle and the lake in particular. On the downside some of the character animation was a bit screwy; Stekkin looked almost chibified in a few shots.

I give it an 8.

Next week: snowboarding...
Old 2006-11-18, 15:17   Link #22
Codex

I find myself rather hoping that the story will break the mould a bit here - that the suave, unusually agreeable, solicitious fiance isn't an evil mastermind after all, and that female lead really does end up with him rather than the male protagonist.

Heheh, it's a bit sad when "plot twists" become so predictable that the absence of a twist is even more unexpected .
Old 2006-11-18, 18:54   Link #23
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Seeing Alice all dulled was quite nice and the fact that she wanted to wear her military uniform to the ball shows how much of a tomboy she is. I dont trust her real finace the one that showed at the end. It was all too convient and if anime has taught me anything its this. The polite long haired pretty boy who always seems to say the right thing is usually the bad guy.

The theory i have about all the events that has been going on concerning the tank and the cash of weapons. I think that certain political figuers or nobles are workig with people from another country. Maybe to cause instability within the nation to soften it up for a take over or it might be purly for profit
Old 2006-11-18, 19:05   Link #24
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ my take on it is that the "suppliers" are trying to start another war...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-19, 03:50   Link #25
Lost

I believe they are still at war. Simply, the war between Empire and Republic of Frost did not conveniently end with the treaty. It just went underground. This could be the work of underground Frost agents/sympathisers. Much like the Cold War (I think).
Old 2006-11-19, 07:36   Link #26
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Seems to me someone wants another war, whether the old one is ongoing or not. Nobles are disillusioned, impotent and Section III poses a threat to them. Those who profitted from the war through influence, power and finance are now struggling to find their way.

To them a war would restore much of their powerbase and mean Section III gets scrapped. To these people conflict is much more interesting proposition than peace...
Old 2006-11-19, 20:00   Link #27
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I believe they are still at war. Simply, the war between Empire and Republic of Frost did not conveniently end with the treaty. It just went underground. This could be the work of underground Frost agents/sympathisers. Much like the Cold War (I think).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ my take on it is that the "suppliers" are trying to start another war...
I think you both touched on something if your an arms dealer or a weapons research company you make no money if there is no war. If another war were to be started who would profit the most? the ones selling and making the weapons
Old 2006-11-20, 10:34   Link #28
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Somehow, Alice's fiance reminds me of Louise's fiance in Zero no Tsukaima. Looks good outside, but evil inside (well, although we don't know that yet).
Old 2006-11-20, 10:39   Link #29
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
wish they did it the other way, evil outside, good on the inside.

like garlic bread!

mind you, im getting disappointed in this series, i was hopping for another "gunslinger girl" type, with loving details paid to the equipment, but nowi can see that they are simply plot devices, like so many other series...

another pretentious series about un-obtainable love nad drama...bah...i'll probably watch it...for a little bit more...just to catch more glimpse of those nice tanks....but....its the same formula, not doesn't really have the perks anymore.

IO have to admit, i usually like fillers, but rewatchng this....just doesn't work...
Old 2006-11-21, 03:12   Link #30
Lost

Except for the "loving details paid to the equipment" part, I have to agree with Onizuka. Tho I suppose its to a lesser degree for me because I wasnt really hoping for it to be like anything. Just... as it is, fillers dont work for me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
if your an arms dealer or a weapons research company you make no money if there is no war. If another war were to be started who would profit the most? the ones selling and making the weapons
I wouldnt like that theme. Its so cliched.
Old 2006-11-21, 13:10   Link #31
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Except for the "loving details paid to the equipment" part, I have to agree with Onizuka. Tho I suppose its to a lesser degree for me because I wasnt really hoping for it to be like anything. Just... as it is, fillers dont work for me .

I wouldnt like that theme. Its so cliched.
i agree with you i wouldnt like it either but the way things are going its a possiblity. Im hope im wrong though and the writers have come up with something a little more original
Old 2006-11-24, 22:03   Link #32
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Im also starting to get disappointed in this series. It started out to huge and its just been kinda sliding downward for me. The continual references to the civilian way of life is getting redundant. I liked this epi better then the previous ones but it just wasnt too great. The intro of Alice's fiance was interesting, Im with everyone else, there's something about that guy I dont like.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-11-29, 18:45   Link #33
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Talking

Is it just me dont you think Schultz resembles Haji from Blood+ .

Edit : In terms of Appearance not mannerism , same hairrstyle

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2006-11-29 at 19:28.
Old 2006-12-07, 02:13   Link #34
ECFNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I'm beginning to think that Oland and Alice might not end up together..but that's just my speculation. I could be wrong though.
I'm actually hoping they DON'T end up together. I'd prefer to see them as a team that relies on each other rather than as a couple.
Old 2006-12-07, 16:47   Link #35
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECFNW View Post
I'm actually hoping they DON'T end up together. I'd prefer to see them as a team that relies on each other rather than as a couple.
Furiously seconded. Especially since she has a fiance as awesome as... I forgot his name
Old 2007-04-16, 08:17   Link #36
Hunter Nin.

Not a bad episode at all and it was nice to see the dog do something useful. The blonde haired noble certainly reeks of something though... will be interesting to find out his ulterior motives.

The bit with the dog yawning was cool.
Old 2007-10-10, 23:10   Link #37
CrisisDarkerXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
not bad, im mildly happy to see some examples of better weapon technology...

Spoiler:

As for the finacee, hmm...I smell another rat, it's always the case, while if it doesn't turn out he's a villian with a ulterior-motive, i'll be pleasantly surprised.

By the look of the rifle itself and the shooting mechanism from the sides, it would be safe to say it's an M1 Garand. Major pwnage. Mm, the ones used by the Pumpkin Scissors Squad could be the Enfield or the K98, since they're bolt action.
Closed Thread