AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-17, 23:03   Link #261
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's almost impossible to overstate how wonderful this show makes me feel. What an absolute gem. Yune may be the cutest thing ever - that bit where she walked around the puddle almost made me lose consciousness - but unlike so many moe characters I don't find it the tiniest bit annoying or over the top.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 00:46   Link #262
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I need to go to paris sometimes if I have the money
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 02:43   Link #263
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's almost impossible to overstate how wonderful this show makes me feel. What an absolute gem. Yune may be the cutest thing ever - that bit where she walked around the puddle almost made me lose consciousness - but unlike so many moe characters I don't find it the tiniest bit annoying or over the top.
Weaboo-tan, on the other hand...

And yes, this is such an amazing feel-good show. Totally loved this episode.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 08:17   Link #264
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

I think that statement completely defines everything in the story as we see it from Yune's point of view. In any case, it's only a matter of time before Claude solidly admits that he's a Yunecon. Also.... uh... and... ugh... goddammit and so am I!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 09:12   Link #265
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Help me I'm dy- HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Oscar's description of Japan and Claude's subsequent's misinterpretations were pretty amusing, especially the one about sumo fights

I'm not too fond of Alice either yet, but I don't think she's as bad as she seems at first glance. She needs to broaden her horizon, and her encounter with Yune, a girl completely different from her, will help her do just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I need to go to paris sometimes if I have the money
Just don't expect it to be like the anime, or else...
Old 2011-07-18, 10:00   Link #266
onyhow
Polar bears and penguins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Just don't expect it to be like the anime, or else...
Yeah, it's definitely not the same...I went there and Venice in April, and it's definitely different from the anime (including scorching sunlight...)...Venice is a bit closer to ARIA, but only barely (in the terms of feeling)...too many people, for one...
onyhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 10:08   Link #267
takodori

Just my two cents.

This blog in Japanese assumes it's after 1893 judging from the two posters in the Op.
http://text.ssig33.com/59
According to his memory, the right one was created sometime between 1893 and 1897 and the left one was made by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec in 1891.
takodori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 16:46   Link #268
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

I think that statement completely defines everything in the story as we see it from Yune's point of view. In any case, it's only a matter of time before Claude solidly admits that he's a Yunecon. Also.... uh... and... ugh... goddammit and so am I!
Same here . I mean it's hard after watching an episode in this series to deny being a Yunecon .

The scene with Claude imagining a ton of Yune's in his image of Japan was hilarious. It is tough to describe a culture and country in only a few words. Sometimes you just have to be there to really get the picture. Good on Claude at least to try more and more to understand Japan and Yune's culture.

Too many times in an episode can one say to themselves that Yune really is cute. Denying that Oscar told her about the paper after Claude said he wanted it to be a surprise was fun. Then you toss in scenes like her moving around the puddle and mirroring the sound of bells in Japan and it's just pure gold.

This episode did show the serious situation Claude and the Gallery are in. He's gotten to the point where he has to take on jobs that aren't even guaranteed to pay unless the customer likes it. I mean if it doesn't go well he's wasted all the money in resources and time. No shock that Claude before would have turned it down, but he doesn't have that luxury anymore. The chat between Alice and her sister also show how some foresee the Gallery's future.

Will have to wait before really judging Alice. She could be right now a pretty bad character that develops into a better one or she might just be better than first impressions. There is certainly good potential for friendship when you think about both girls having an interest in each others culture. Yet this girl has Yune's kimono and it'll be tough I think to get it back. She's a rich little girl so we'll have to see how her first meeting with Yune goes. Plus have to take into consideration when you have anyone to directly contrast with Yune they are going to look bad .
Old 2011-07-18, 17:57   Link #269
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Yune certainly fit the Yamato nadeshiko bill.

She is cultured and intelligent enough to be literate in at least 2 language, fold origami and yet obedient enought to lower herself and do menial work. This is certainly something in the late 19th century, which implies she comes from a well to do family, aristocratic or royalty even. Speaking of which, we still do not know much about her background, except that she has an older sister.

Yune, being a nadeshiko, partly explains her charm. We don't see such female nowadays. She is clever, skilled and yet humbles herself to behave appropiately. Which girl today would run an errand to pass you an umbrella at the first sight of rain just for your sake ?

For a newly introduced Sisters, I don't belive they will play the role of the villians. In fact, I don't think there's even a villanous role to be played out at a show such as this. Believe me, those 2 will have their own charming ways.

PS :- I don't believe the French for Origami is "Origami" itself nor even there is a desert known as "Baba" in France. Alice, as I believe, isn't a French name too. Could any native French clear this up ?

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2011-07-18 at 18:17.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 18:01   Link #270
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol at Claude's imagination of Japan. Yune was great as always. Liked her interactions when she wanted the cat, or going around the puddle instead trying to jump over it, also the imitation of the Japanese bell. Really like how her relationship with Claude is progressing, she even gave him his inspiration for the sign. Nice of him to go out and buy the paper as well. So we finally meet who bought Yune's kimono. Alice seems interesting especially since she also owns the gallery now.
Old 2011-07-18, 19:38   Link #271
Kataryn

I absolutely love this anime. I think that Claude and Yune make an adorable couple~
Kataryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 19:46   Link #272
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

She is cultured and intelligent enough to be literate in at least 2 language, fold origami and yet obedient enought to lower herself and do menial work. This is certainly something in the late 19th century, which implies she comes from a well to do family, aristocratic or royalty even. Speaking of which, we still do not know much about her background, except that she has an older sister.
The number of kimonos she owns suggested that already, but yes, her level of cultural refinement and literacy suggests a fair degree of wealth and/or nobility. In terms of social class, I would not be at all surprised if she outranks Claude and Oscar by a mile, making it all the more amusing that she is politely working under them in their small, family-run store.

Quote:
Alice, as I believe, isn't a French name too.
Wikipedia lists it as English, French, and Italian, and as a name descended from the old French name Adelais. Also, Alice in Wonderland was published in 1865, meaning that there would have been several decades of time for the name to come into new popularity.

Quote:
Alice seems interesting especially since she also owns the gallery now.
I'm not certain so much that she owns it now as that her father has merely promised her that she WILL own it.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 20:00   Link #273
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Absolutely. Yune is the real Yamato nadeshiko. The football team, even though they were being called the nadeshiko, were not the traditional type. Maybe it's good that the type gets redefined, however.
Quote:
For a newly introduced Sisters, I don't believe they will play the role of the villains. In fact, I don't think there's even a villainous role to be played out at a show such as this. Believe me, those 2 will have their own charming ways.
This is a voice that is very natural for Yuuki Aoi, and is like the one she used in Kiruminzoo, or even somewhat in Pokemon BW. It's not a voice I like all that much, but I'm sure she will do some enjoyable things with it.
Quote:
PS :- I don't believe the French for Origami is "Origami" itself nor even there is a desert known as "Baba" in France. Alice, as I believe, isn't a French name too. Could any native French clear this up ?
I'm not French, but I have eaten a very rich, liquor-soaked confection called "baba au rhum." Originally Polish, apparently, and introduced to France in the 1700s by the household of the exiled king of Poland.

Alice is indeed a French name, under various spellings. Pronounced "a-leese."

By the way, your name reminds me of your old avatar, so I got the pleasure of checking out some newer photos of Princess Mako-sama 眞子様 (眞子内親王), who is no longer first in line for the throne.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-07-18 at 20:12.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 20:05   Link #274
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

You know what's amusing ?

Yune is performed by a Seiyuu in training which mirrors her role in the narrative. While Alice is played by another Seiyuu who had performed in a similar nadeshiko role before.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 20:31   Link #275
ThomasRomain

We posted new production art on the catsuka satelight forum.
ThomasRomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 20:41   Link #276
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasRomain View Post
We posted new production art on the catsuka satelight forum.
Many thanks! For those who don't read French, be sure to bookmark the Picasa album linked to by M. Romain in that post. He says he will be adding to it as we go along.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 21:32   Link #277
ThomasRomain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Many thanks! For those who don't read French, be sure to bookmark the Picasa album linked to by M. Romain in that post. He says he will be adding to it as we go along.
You're welcome. But the link you mentioned is the one to Yann Le Gall's gallery.
Mine is this one.

We will both upload every week new pictures so please have a look!
ThomasRomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 21:59   Link #278
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

3rd episode in and the whole gallery is all most closed what is up with that

Claude have a weird view of japan
Old 2011-07-19, 04:02   Link #279
Zakoo

I can't see Yune eating a Baba and liking the licor personally, I would have done the opposite of a cute face.

Good episode, once again, really, the good show of this summer huh, I never enjoyed raw slice and life but this anime is really good.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 04:42   Link #280
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Note that Baba aren't always filled with liquor. Considering how it was presented, it is unlikely it was a Baba au rhum.

Anyway, another pleasant episode, with further interactions between Yune and Claude, trying to overcome their respective cultural difference. It was certainly amusing how Claude was trying to put together the pieces of information that are arguably difficult to compute with his position
Alice doesn't seem that bad (if we factor how Yune and Alice were interactings in the PV), it will probably lead to further development.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-07-19 at 05:00.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
historical, romance, shounen, slice of life