AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-15, 23:31   Link #61
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

thanks.. wow so it really is them justl literally leaving blank screens saying scene missing?? wow.. just.. wow. I dont get how a company can get away with doing that o_O

havent seen as far as 10 yet though ive d.loaded that much, but still, i cant belive a profesional company would release somthing liike that, it just seems so ameture. I guess i'll have to see how bad it is as i go but dont know how long i can put with it if its as bad as it looks
kenshin-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 01:55   Link #62
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
thanks.. wow so it really is them justl literally leaving blank screens saying scene missing?? wow.. just.. wow. I dont get how a company can get away with doing that o_O

havent seen as far as 10 yet though ive d.loaded that much, but still, i cant belive a profesional company would release somthing liike that, it just seems so ameture. I guess i'll have to see how bad it is as i go but dont know how long i can put with it if its as bad as it looks
Go back and watch any number of SHAFT epics with Shinbo directing (TMP, PPD, Negima!?, Hidamari Sketch, etc) they *all* have these gaffs in animation/budget/timecrunch during broadcast. One can argue whether its "arty" or not. It usually gets fixed by DVD release.
Old 2009-09-16, 05:09   Link #63
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
From what I've read, they're important closures to the last arc and the overall storyline....
I see.

Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
When I was learning Japanese my text book had 3 different ways that one could romanizise (sp?) Hiragana.

That way looks to be legitimate. I may get that text book out later and make sure.
The plot tickens!

I'll be checking regulary for any updates on this.
Old 2009-09-16, 05:46   Link #64
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
From what I've read, they're important closures to the last arc and the overall storyline.... they simply had to have 15 episodes and only 12 fit in a cour.

I'm assuming our subber groups will continue their activities (though I wonder what the resolution of the webbed episodes will be).

I figure someone will do the DVD R2 torrents later... with the current economy, I'm really not counting on this one ever seeing R1 (though I'll order it delivered via rocket if it happens).
He is asking about extended previews, NOT web (?) episode 13-14-15.
These can be found on bakemonogatari official website, this is, for example the extended version for episode 11
http://www.bakemonogatari.com/special/yokoku11.html
Quite amusing but they don't have anything important for the story (for what I know). They will be included in DVD release in place of the shortened version for TV broadcast, I guess, so maybe somebody will sub those (not really confident I've still to see the extended version of some episode of Maria Holic).
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 05:58   Link #65
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Quite amusing but they don't have anything important for the story (for what I know). They will be included in DVD release in place of the shortened version for TV broadcast, I guess, so maybe somebody will sub those (not really confident I've still to see the extended version of some episode of Maria Holic).
I figured as much. Kinda feel like asking, though.

Thanks for clearing that one!

And I actually though that Vexx was just adding a bit of extra info to his reply. Guess they are really not that important to the story
Old 2009-09-16, 12:03   Link #66
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll plead "d'oh" ... I didn't know there were "extended previews" :P
Old 2009-09-16, 14:33   Link #67
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
They're on the official site, but the video player fails there, at least for me.
Old 2009-09-19, 19:49   Link #68
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

Quote:
Go back and watch any number of SHAFT epics with Shinbo directing (TMP, PPD, Negima!?, Hidamari Sketch, etc) they *all* have these gaffs in animation/budget/timecrunch during broadcast. One can argue whether its "arty" or not. It usually gets fixed by DVD release.
blea well ive watched a good chunk of them now and i think im avoiding all future shaft releases. Honestly i find this show pretty interesting, but the animatino studio completely ruined it with their cheap time/cost cutting tricks. No its not artsy. I thought that at first but as it goes on they are longer and more drawn out and just basically in the way of what could have been powerfull scenes.

are ALL shaft productions this terrible or just ones with this sninbo guy directing? Id like a list or something so i can avoid any of his older stuff since im playing catch up on anime from the last few years, both fansub and comercial stuff. I can find production of shaft studio shows but again, is it EVERYTHING or just the stuff from that guy?
Old 2009-09-21, 00:17   Link #69
EGFontanilla
Charming General Person

So like, will the DVD versions of these episodes have less random screens? Those were pretty annoying, they covered up some cool stuff.

And I hope I'm not the only one that's pissed about Nadeko getting the least amount of episodes.
EGFontanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 11:31   Link #70
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Read through the four pages.... Shinbo's been pulling this "omg, the animation outsourcing sucks and we're past deadline -> goto SLIDESHOW effects of scenery" since Tsukuyomi Moon Phase (or even earlier). Some of the Slideshow cuts are arty and originally intended (like the freeze frames in the Sayora Zetsubo Sensei series or some of Hidamari Sketch interstitial moments or the text frame snaps in this series)... but a LOT of it results from the "omg..." effect above.

For a while some people (including me) just attributed it to terrible luck in outsourcing.... but with this series I've come to the hypothesis that the director Shinbo and/or his staff simply massively sucks at managing production schedules and routinely put themselves in this disaster mode. I've worked too many engineering projects where the "manager" inevitably created a crisis through poor skills and then "saved the day" with wild half-assed solutions that really didn't work for the long term -- and was often christened a "hero" for it. There's also the inflated ego aspect of this sort of character and we see that too.

I'm thinking Shinbo is that sort of guy at this point. Its a shame because they give him some wonderful titles to munch up. It *does* get fixed in the DVDs... so they seem to have time to FIX the screwups but not to AVOID them in the first place.

(Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, Paniponidash, Negima!?, Hidamari Sketch series, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei series, and now the Bakemonogatari series .... have I missed any?)

Quote:
are ALL shaft productions this terrible or just ones with this sninbo guy directing? Id like a list or something so i can avoid any of his older stuff since im playing catch up on anime from the last few years, both fansub and comercial stuff. I can find production of shaft studio shows but again, is it EVERYTHING or just the stuff from that guy?
I wouldn't avoid all these series -- many of them are wonderful. But I would seek out the DVD versions rather than the broadcast versions. Shinbo has done well with the Negima OVAs and SZS seems to thrive on this technique.

Shaft itself has a bit of a reputation for slipshod broadcast versions of series but my experience has been mixed (some good some not-so-good).
Old 2009-09-21, 13:50   Link #71
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Don't forget Vexx you missed EF (Both of them). He definitely left the (Out of Time, it's B&W) stamp on the production. And he wasn't even the director.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 16:56   Link #72
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Please remember the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or manga.

Please do not turn it into a chat thread. From the first post of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This thread is for those of you with questions about the Bakemonogatari anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Bakemonogatari which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiditrump View Post
Whats Bakemonogatari really about?
The above post (and the replies) has now been moved to the Bakemonogatari generic discussion
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 10:02   Link #73
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Is anyone aware of any schedule changes for the Web Episodes? As far as I know, they will appear on Friday (Eastern Time) at the usual time. So episode 13 should air next week.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 10:08   Link #74
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Is anyone aware of any schedule changes for the Web Episodes? As far as I know, they will appear on Friday (Eastern Time) at the usual time. So episode 13 should air next week.
The schedule is not yet announced. From the official website:

Quote:
09/09/25
Regarding the episode distribution on the official site

"Tsubasa Cat Part Three" ~ "Part Five" will be distributed on the official website.
Further informations will be post here in a few days.

Please look forward to it.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 10:38   Link #75
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Thanks Sirn! That clears things up. I hope they don't rush. We don't want another repeat of episode 10 for all of its intent and purpose.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 23:15   Link #76
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

i really gotta get back tow watching these. I lost interest because of the animation quality but i should at least see how the story ends. Were any subbers going to do the web episodes?

tnx for the info on the shaft releases. This shinbo guys a douche. I know i should give the other stuff a chance but i really dont like supporting a company with practices like that
Old 2009-09-28, 23:18   Link #77
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
i really gotta get back tow watching these. I lost interest because of the animation quality but i should at least see how the story ends. Were any subbers going to do the web episodes?

tnx for the info on the shaft releases. This shinbo guys a douche. I know i should give the other stuff a chance but i really dont like supporting a company with practices like that
You make it sound like they're screwing up on purpose. Bad scheduling is certainly not admirable, but neither is it intentional nor malicious. They're not doing this just to be jerks to the fans (unlike what happened with Haruhi...).
Old 2009-09-29, 06:12   Link #78
zato_1one

Quote:
i really dont like supporting a company with practices like that
Do you mean you also buy anime DVD/Blu-ray from Japan?
Old 2009-09-29, 11:40   Link #79
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Anyone know how much of the novel the animd covered? I am jsut hoping they have enough material for another season of this show
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 11:54   Link #80
sirn
田舎者言うな

The conversation above should be continue in Generic Discussion thread. *points to the first post*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Anyone know how much of the novel the animd covered? I am jsut hoping they have enough material for another season of this show
Bakemonogatari anime only covers two of Bakemonogatari books:
- Bakemonogatari 1 (Hitagi Crab, Mayoi Snail, Suruga Monkey)
- Bakemonogatari 2 (Nadeko Snake, Tsubasa Cat)

There're three more books, in case if they want to do the second season:
- Kizumonogatari (prequel—Koyomi Vamp)
- Nisemonogatari 1 (sequel—Karen Bee)
- Nisemonogatari 2 (sequel—Tsukihi Phoenix)

...and two more books are planned:
- Nekomonogatari (likely a prequel—Tsubasa Family)
- Kabukuminogatari (likely a sequel—Mayoi Jiansi)
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a