AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-03-21, 21:14   Link #1041
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Lost In the Moments

Pairing(s): KallenxRai.

Rating: Teen

Summary: With what could be called an avalanche victory, Tokyo Settlement was taken. Japan slowly falling into the hands of the natives yet again.

My self-proclaimed 'mushy' chapter of my Karai fanfiction. Final Act and Cadenza being the next two chapters. This focuses on Kuro no Kishidan route in Lost Colors. Final Act will be JLF while Cadenza will be Britannian-centric

First Chapter: Rebellion Against Injustices

He was happy, the feeling of loneliness finally escaping him. Leaving him with a emotion he hasn't felt for a very, very long time. He sustained a look of genuine glee and spirit, a smile etched across his pale features, silver hair stringing against his cheeks and onto the place of his current affection.

It's been atleast a month now, that japan has been freed, political and government problems were handled by Zero-sama and Diethard, along with several others that were key members of the rebellion.

One of the highest standing members was laying right next to him now, basically grappled to one another. His left arm wrapped around her waist, and her right arm clinging onto the back of his head, pressing his face against her bossom.

--This wasn't perverse, Neither was it eccentric. Though it did make both of them flustered at first, they quickly settled in, smiles on their faces.

The boy, Rai, nodded his head upwards, brushing his skin against the unzipped portion of the girls jumpsuit, feeling the softness, he radiated with quietness.

He had expected (Hoped?) that she would be looking down at him, but her eyes were closed -- a peaceful breathing escaping from her periodically.

They've been like this for awhile, so it was understandable from a long day of combat simulation, even the ace -- Kallen Kozuki -- Would be exhausted.

He didn't want to move, or felt the necessity to.... He felt at peace, and no sooner did he rest his head on the exposed flesh of her breasts, he felt a warm, sensational feeling... Along with the echoing of a heartbeat.

Rai closed his eyes, possibly for the final time -- Geass flickering in his right eye, before finally dissipating.

"I'm home... Kallen..." he muttered, remaining silent for the rest of their union.
______

2018 - Zero made a rebellion, taking back japan in less then a year. However, all Britannians schools in Japan remained functional, revealing a side of Zero not yet seen.

2018: Zero dissippeared -- Instead leaving a mask and a carefully handled note. Stating that if war ever disrupted japan again, he would be there to show "Due Kindness"

2019: Several rebellions were staged and won against Britannia, weakening them. Rumors of Zero being involved was more truth then fiction.

2020: Britannia was forced to sign a peace treaty, a white Zero appeared, signing the document personally, a signature in blue ink, the name read. "Rai"
~~~~~
END of Chapter 1.

The timeline is used mainly for speculation. The ending is suppose to be open for several possibilities, none of them necessary being 'true'. Ambiguos, in other words. The timeline just gives you a rough idea of speculation.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 13:22   Link #1042
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

aww that was short and sweet Arbitres ;D

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 17:05   Link #1043
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Was reminded that I really need to bring my crack here, so... *grins*

Title: Stupidity of the Rebellion
Genre: Humour, Parody; Oneshot Collection in Progress
Characters: Lelouch, Clovis, Suzaku and others.
Summary: "Because if you have a masochist, a narcissist and a lovable megalomaniac, it would be a crime not to make fun of them."

So far, the pieces are...

1. Macbeth Could Have Told You
- Because regicide is no solution. Really.
Word Count: ~1012

2. Alas the Pretty Villain

- On prettiness, bored noble women and why Lelouch should never have taken up cooking.
Word Count: ~1169

3. The Pains of Sleeping Beauty
- In which little!Lelouch is a bit too well-informed, Marianne is creepy, and Clovis screams like a girl.
Word Count: ~1200

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562125/..._the_Rebellion

The second oneshot has LuluSuza, but the other two are gen, and there are warnings.
In the end, it's all crack. Beware of the randomness!
Old 2010-03-26, 13:32   Link #1044
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I finished JLF today. Now I can work on 'Cadenza' with a clear conscious. Here it is.

Lost In the Moments

In collaboration with Knightrunner (grammar & beta)

Copyright of Sunrise 2006-2008. I do not own Code Geass: Lost Colors. This is a work of fiction that does not infringe on the copyrights and the whatnots. So let's drop this, shall we?

Genre: Tragedy
Characters: Kallen, Rai

Summary: Once you make a choice the consequence is set. Along that path you will discover what you gained and what you lost as a result. Time is ever marching forward, and nothing stays the same.

Chapter 2/Route 2 - Final Act

______

Mere minutes ago, there were screams and battle. There was bloodshed and tension, now nothing but ruin and sadness. Fukuoka Base stood tall, the flames and destruction climbed from it's foundation to the top in a monument of what had just transpired.

The remnants of the Japanese Liberation Front allied themselves with Sawasaki, Kyushu becoming the base of operation for both the allied Chinese Federation forces, and the JLF, which was once known as Japan's only hope. The coalition was now wreckage on the land of Kyushu. Destroyed Gun-rus littered the ground, Sutherlands and Burai adding to the newly formed Graveyard.

It was silent now, besides the crackling of the flames around her. Blood stained her abdomen as she held tightly onto the lifeless corpse in her arms. Azure orbs looked up, now avoid of all life. Kallen scrolled her fingers across the cold flesh, touching upon Rai's bloodstained cheek.

He protected her, even though she didn't need it or ever asked for it. He acted as a shield for the Guren, even though they were enemies.

He was still there, in her arms. She stroked his cheek silently, tears swelling up again. Rai died in her arms, but he went peacefully. His final words said in clarity and serenity, as if mocking Kallen. She felt the sensation as tears fell down her cheeks and down her cheeks. She felt words stuck in her throat, almost clogged as more tears fell. All Kallen could do was sob, now holding onto the body.

Moments passed, and she calmed down. Her expression twisted into a broken sadness, finally staring into the sapphire orbs that belong to Rai. She smoothed her hand, and crept it across Rai's eyes. With the gesture, Rai's eyes were then closed -- only a broken body in her arms, now.

I've always been you're ally, Karen Kouzuki.

His final words echoed, surreal and repeating in her head. She ruffled slowly, picking up Rai's cold, bloodstained body. Only when she saw his face in the entire moonlight did she recognize the look of true peace upon his face. His paled skin almost pigment now, she held onto him tighter, she wanted to believe he wasted his life... But she wouldn't denounce him. She wouldn't reproach him.... She felt she needed to respect him. It was his...

It was his final act.
______

a.t.b 2017 - The Black Rebellion failed, Zero was captured by Suzaku Kururugi. Charles zi Britannia geassed Lelouch into remembering nothing about him being Zero or Nunnally.

a.t.b 2018 - Zero appeared yet again, now rallying more support. He staged another Black Rebellion, it failed as well. Zero being presumed dead afterwards.

a.t.b 2019 - Lelouvh vi Britannia claimed the britannian throne, reigning as the 99th emperor of Britannia. During him still subjugation the rest of the world, he was assassinated by Zero.

a.t.b 2019 - Nunnally vi Britannia was made the 100th empress of Britannia, changing it from a monarchy to a democracy.
______
Old 2010-03-29, 17:01   Link #1045
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Was reminded that I really need to bring my crack here, so... *grins*

3. The Pains of Sleeping Beauty
- In which little!Lelouch is a bit too well-informed, Marianne is creepy, and Clovis screams like a girl.
Word Count: ~1200
I liked how this one began, Marianne just standing in Clovis' bedroom and watching him sleep. It was a very powerful image that immediately engaged me. I was amused by the banter but became a little confused due to the randomness; how often the two went out on tangents in their conversation. I feel as though the conversation could have been more perfect had you made Lelouch's tone and word-choice more childish, so that the separation in age is more apparent. I know Clovis isn't brilliant and Lelouch is very smart, but they're still 7-8 years apart, if I remember correctly.

The Geass ficdom is large, and Marianne is an unexplored character with a lot of potential. Your Marianne was very interesting and I hope you can play with her in your stories some more.
Old 2010-03-29, 18:34   Link #1046
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
I liked how this one began, Marianne just standing in Clovis' bedroom and watching him sleep. It was a very powerful image that immediately engaged me. I was amused by the banter but became a little confused due to the randomness; how often the two went out on tangents in their conversation. I feel as though the conversation could have been more perfect had you made Lelouch's tone and word-choice more childish, so that the separation in age is more apparent. I know Clovis isn't brilliant and Lelouch is very smart, but they're still 7-8 years apart, if I remember correctly.
Aw, thank you! *beams*
I agree that Lelouch could have acted more childlike, and I was actually rather torn over that until right before I posted it, especially since Clovis really isn't supposed to come off as an idiot. I wanted Lelouch to sound older than he should, but not so much that he would resemble his later canon self too closely - more like he does in some of the first few Sound Dramas, maybe (minus the bitterness and hatred). In the end, I decided not to obsess over it since it's crack and really just supposed to be amusing, but I'm aware that realism can add to the humour, so the concrit is definitely appreciated.
The randomness was intended, but if it was more confusing than funny, then it was probably a bit over the top. I will try to consider that next time!

Quote:
The Geass ficdom is large, and Marianne is an unexplored character with a lot of potential. Your Marianne was very interesting and I hope you can play with her in your stories some more.
Ah, happy you liked Marianne. *grins*
I had quite a bit of fun writing here. And yeah, she's definitely a character with potential, even if I enjoy exploring certain other characters (*glances at Clovis*) so much I tend to forget that. Still, I'd really like to bring her up some more, and I think she only had a notable appearance in one other piece of mine. Speaking of which, if you're interested and don't mind some light shounen-ai, you could take a look at "Snow White", though Marianne only stays around for the first few pages or so even there.

Edit: Now that I think about it, even in "Snow White" Marianne's appearance is rather short. Oh well... I'm sure I'll bring her up somewhere again some time!

Last edited by Nogitsune; 2010-03-29 at 18:52.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 21:19   Link #1047
Cal-Reflector

Don't let my con-crit take the joy out of your writing. I've been criticized before for giving young Lelouch too mature a diction, so I'm sensitive to that issue. A goal of mine is to make sure that character personalities come out through their speech: Their words and way of talking should reflect their age, intelligence, so on. My problem was making everyone sound too rational/mature.

I feel Clovis' speech is flowery when he's comfortable and petty/snappy when he's insecure. I notice however that I've made him too "flat" a character; he should be smarter and sneakier than what most authors give him credit for. He did capture CC after all, and being a master socialite requires much people skills and smarts.

I'm not sure what to do with Marianne. Haven't given her much thought.
Old 2010-03-29, 21:26   Link #1048
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Don't let my con-crit take the joy out of your writing. I've been criticized before for giving young Lelouch too mature a diction, so I'm sensitive to that issue. A goal of mine is to make sure that character personalities come out through their speech: Their words and way of talking should reflect their age, intelligence, so on. My problem was making everyone sound too rational/mature.

I feel Clovis' speech is flowery when he's comfortable and petty/snappy when he's insecure. I notice however that I've made him too "flat" a character; he should be smarter and sneakier than what most authors give him credit for. He did capture CC after all, and being a master socialite requires much people skills and smarts.

Expanding beyond the horizons, eh?
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 21:31   Link #1049
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
Expanding beyond the horizons, eh?
*Blinks* Sorry, I'm confused as to what you mean.
Old 2010-03-29, 21:34   Link #1050
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
*Blinks* Sorry, I'm confused as to what you mean.
I'm saying in the sense of expanding characters beyond how they were normally portrayed in a series. In your case, giving Kewell some more depth as opposed to what the majority of fans know him for in the show.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 21:39   Link #1051
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
I'm saying in the sense of expanding characters beyond how they were normally portrayed in a series. In your case, giving Kewell some more depth as opposed to what the majority of fans know him for in the show.
I see. Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, the show develops characters to varying extents. Lelouch's personality was explored in depth, while some characters, like Marika, were given little more than just a name and a single spoken line.

Kewell had some development in the show. It wasn't deep or extended but it wasn't as superficial and brief as Marika's. I came up with a portrait of him and tried to be as persuasive as possible.
Old 2010-03-29, 21:50   Link #1052
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

You are worthy of respect, Cal-Reflector. You're 'Lelouch of Britannia' is wonderful, and it gives characters that would've been empty or half-full, genuine full recognition. I prefer your Kewell over R1's Kewell.

When you watch the series again you can't help but think about the possibilities. I'm also a fan of Marika... even though she was shown for 4 seconds. But I won't hold it against Kallen, Marika was doing her duty - Kallen was doing her's.

I'm looking forward to you're fanfiction in all honesty. I'll have to strive to be like you in the aspect of fanfiction. I'm not actually all that good in it, but I can learn from the best, or be triumphed over by them. I'll see if I can't do the former first, and the second being a distant second option.
Old 2010-03-29, 22:19   Link #1053
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Don't let my con-crit take the joy out of your writing. I've been criticized before for giving young Lelouch too mature a diction, so I'm sensitive to that issue.
Ah, concrit is good - no worries there! In fact, I love concrit, though a part of me is prone to look at it with big puppy eyes and obsess over things. It usually calms down again pretty quickly, however, and in this case, it's keeping fairly quiet, so it's definitely fine!

Quote:
A goal of mine is to make sure that character personalities come out through their speech: Their words and way of talking should reflect their age, intelligence, so on. My problem was making everyone sound too rational/mature.
Ah, a worthy goal, and I can relate. *grins*
In Lelouch's case, though, I personally find it especially hard to realize. Since crack wouldn't be crack if it made perfect sense, writing that oneshot didn't kill my brain, but otherwise, writing little!Lelouch can really drive one insane, I believe. To me, he already sounded quite mature at a young age - in flashbacks, Sound Dramas and PDs -, but he was still a child, and finding the middle ground isn't easy.

Quote:
I feel Clovis' speech is flowery when he's comfortable and petty/snappy when he's insecure.
*nods* Got the same impression in the anime.

Quote:
I notice however that I've made him too "flat" a character; he should be smarter and sneakier than what most authors give him credit for. He did capture CC after all, and being a master socialite requires much people skills and smarts.
Not to mention Stage 0.884 has Clovis talking about how during their last match, he felt for the first time that he could have beaten Lelouch. The way he says it makes it quite probable that he really wasn't terribly far behind little!Lelouch when it came to chess, which is quite something - too bad Lelouch's death and Area 11 changed him so much.
...So yeah, I find it frustrating how many authors portray him as an idiot. But the anime did a good job at putting this image of him into people's minds, so I don't think getting a character as minor as Clovis wrong is something to fret over as long as there was an effort behind the portrayal. D-did I just say that? About Clovis? Besides, I'm sure you didn't do too badly.
Damn, I so have to read your fic, because I really can't say anything to this even though I want to. I remember starting, but then real life interfered, and then I saw that there hadn't been any updates for a while, so I decided to take my time, and... yeah. But it is on my list of things to read!

Quote:
To me, Marianne is both interesting and a bit of a problem. Everyone and their cat worshipped the ground she walked on, including Clovis, who doesn't even know how to pilot a Knightmare, and yet when she appears in R2, she seems pretty... well, not very epic.
Then again, that leaves a lot of room for interpretation, which is something in itself.
Old 2010-03-29, 22:44   Link #1054
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I'm looking forward to you're fanfiction in all honesty. I'll have to strive to be like you in the aspect of fanfiction. I'm not actually all that good in it, but I can learn from the best, or be triumphed over by them. I'll see if I can't do the former first, and the second being a distant second option.
Good luck. Reading more helps a lot. Remember, the most important thing is to enjoy the process of creating your stories. For years I only focused on trying to catch up to the fanfic writers I admired and writing became frustrating. I only recently stopped comparing myself to them.

Re Nogitsune on Marianne: Code Geass, especially in R2, screwed up in many places. Too many characters, no time to develop everyone. Marianne turned out kind of screwy and jarring. I think when we look at R2 as the result of rushed production schedules we can be safe in liberally interpreting characters without as much fear of being OOC.

Like a favorite fic-writer once said, "Canon sometimes gets it wrong."
Old 2010-03-29, 22:51   Link #1055
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Re Nogitsune on Marianne: Code Geass, especially in R2, screwed up in many places. Too many characters, no time to develop everyone. Marianne turned out kind of screwy and jarring. I think when we look at R2 as the result of rushed production schedules we can be safe in liberally interpreting characters without as much fear of being OOC.

Like a favorite fic-writer once said, "Canon sometimes gets it wrong."
Ah, I agree!
Although I prefer to stick as close to canon as possible, in the case of Marianne, "interpretation" is likely to go hand in hand with some bending of circumstances and facts.
Old 2010-03-30, 13:44   Link #1056
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

@arbites, A.t.b 2022. A rip in the sky appears and a unnown knightmare frame emerged

then begins the storm of nine ball and the light of the reble forces lead by white glint
Old 2010-03-30, 14:19   Link #1057
azul120

I would be most interested in material on Marianne. She seemed so amusingly insouciant.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 14:49   Link #1058
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
I would be most interested in material on Marianne. She seemed so amusingly insouciant.
Ah, did you read that one Light Novel thingy in which she totally pwns Clovis' mother? It's not exactly canon, but I personally found it very amusing. xD
Besides, somehow, I really like evilwitch!Gabriella.

Anyway, there are quite a few fanfics with Marianne in them around, I think... just not many Marianne-centric ones, which I agree is a shame.
Old 2010-03-30, 16:24   Link #1059
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Ah, did you read that one Light Novel thingy in which she totally pwns Clovis' mother? It's not exactly canon, but I personally found it very amusing. xD
Besides, somehow, I really like evilwitch!Gabriella.

Anyway, there are quite a few fanfics with Marianne in them around, I think... just not many Marianne-centric ones, which I agree is a shame.
In my mind, there was something going on between Marianne, Bismarck, and Charles. Marianne and Bismarck were the only surviving KOR from the Civil War, and when Bismarck died her name was the last thing he uttered. Somewhat resembling Arthur, Guinevere, and Lancelot, except Bismarck's affections weren't fully returned, and the break didn't come to pass.
Old 2010-03-30, 16:29   Link #1060
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
In my mind, there was something going on between Marianne, Bismarck, and Charles. Marianne and Bismarck were the only surviving KOR from the Civil War, and when Bismarck died her name was the last thing he uttered.
That's an interesting theory.
I always just assumed Bismarck was simply one more person who couldn't help but fall for Marianne's charm, but now that I think about it, I really wish the staff had lost a few words on what kind of relationship Bismarck had with her and Charles. Their very own Jeremiah, or was it something with much more history than that?

Tags
character, discussion