AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-10, 03:51   Link #21
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
360's got the biggest chest, but ps3 has the best character design. and Wii is flatchested. sucka.
Those are the goddesses, I think. The worlds are the ones named after the consoles. Well... each goddess does seem to represent one console.

But which console does the fourth girl represent when there are only three consoles, the PS3, 360 and Wii? Neptune = Sega Saturn maybe?

Last edited by kujoe; 2010-04-10 at 04:03.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 04:43   Link #22
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Interesting, now let's hope for an intriguing battle system and not just something simple and boring. I'll have faith in Sega since they made Valkyrie Chronicles with one of the best RPG battle systems i've experienced.

I hope they include more American studios like Naughty Dog and Epic Games, they can even poke fun at Bioware since they're the king of Western RPGs so far. Square Enix too please.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 04:47   Link #23
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its probably going to be an all girl cast, but if there's going to be Square Enix, I can only picture him as a pretty boy.

This game itself is called 'Neptune' and in the short trailer, Neptune is shown separate from the 3 console goddesses. I think she's a central figure of the story, or the main character.

EDIT: The full title of the game is 'Super Dimension Game Neptune'.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 05:23   Link #24
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Interesting, now let's hope for an intriguing battle system and not just something simple and boring. I'll have faith in Sega since they made Valkyrie Chronicles with one of the best RPG battle systems i've experienced.
Unfortunately, this title is only PUBLISH by Sega. The main programming effort is by Compile Hearts who previously puts Cross Edge and Agarest on the PS3.

Quote:
I hope they include more American studios like Naughty Dog and Epic Games, they can even poke fun at Bioware since they're the king of Western RPGs so far. Square Enix too please.
Since this game is made pandering to the Japanese Otaku crowds, it is highly unlikely they will do so. Besides, most western huge titles are mediocre at best in Japan. For a recent prime example, look at how Kratos was trashed by Kenshiro.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 05:39   Link #25
jedinat

Game origin:

Some Guy: "Hey, so you know that April Fools idea you had? Well, I actually went ahead and had a guy throw together a few concept drawings and was going to put them on the website on the 1st... well, the boss saw them on my desk and thought it was a great idea--not the joke, but the game concept. He was going on about it and I didn't even get the chance to tell him it was a joke. So I think we shouldn't bring it up. Ever. It's a little project we've had on the back burner for a while now, okay? Okay."
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 12:05   Link #26
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

I don't get it.
Old 2010-04-10, 12:54   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Its probably going to be an all girl cast, but if there's going to be Square Enix, I can only picture him as a pretty boy.
more like the ojou-sama type (blond with the laugh)
Old 2010-04-10, 13:40   Link #28
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Unfortunately, this title is only PUBLISH by Sega. The main programming effort is by Compile Hearts who previously puts Cross Edge and Agarest on the PS3.

Since this game is made pandering to the Japanese Otaku crowds, it is highly unlikely they will do so. Besides, most western huge titles are mediocre at best in Japan. For a recent prime example, look at how Kratos was trashed by Kenshiro.
I haven't played Cross Edge or Agarest, but judging from your tone and other posts...I'm assuming it was an abomination? That is unfortunate....

Well at least they can add Square Enix, I hope they do, and have Monolith Soft and Mist Walker as half sisters.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 13:51   Link #29
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I haven't played Cross Edge or Agarest, but judging from your tone and other posts...I'm assuming it was an abomination? That is unfortunate....
I don't know, some people said it's not bad. More like around 6.0 ~ 6.5 with highest point is 10.
Or you can just find some reviews about them yourself.
Old 2010-04-10, 14:22   Link #30
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
But which console does the fourth girl represent when there are only three consoles, the PS3, 360 and Wii? Neptune = Sega Saturn maybe?
There was actually a Sega console called the Sega Neptune which never hit the market because the Saturn was already closer to being released. It was basiclly just a hybrid of the Genesis/MegaDrive and the 32X.

I've read that this game's publishers was chosen to be Sega because the connection runs deeper than one might think.

Quote:
Since Microsoft's 360 is being represented here (and Microsoft is an American originated company) I wouldn't completely rule it out, though I have to agree that it's still quite unlikely.
Old 2010-04-11, 06:28   Link #31
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Looks pretty interesting.

Would love to play it if given the chance.
Old 2010-04-12, 09:52   Link #32
Nerroth
NePoi!

I wonder if they will add characters based on the PSP and DS, too?

Or, perhaps, for old friends like the Sega Dreamcast? (With an optional blue swirl, like we had back in Europe!)

EDIT: Given the tagline Sony use for their current PS3 ad campaign, the black goddess might be subject to some... misunderstandings?

Last edited by Nerroth; 2010-04-12 at 10:10.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 17:27   Link #33
videoman190

some more info
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393239

Quote:
And in case anyone was curious... Neptune's Specs:

Processor: 6th Generation Multi-biochip Processor rated @ 512.16THz
CPU-dependent Memory: 6th Generation Neuronal Memory (120gn)
RAM: 8TBx16
GPU: SFHD-X7250
HDD: 8PBx4
Media Drive: 4x Purple-Ray Disc
Power: Self-generating unit (lifespan: 50 years)
Outputs: Various audio, visual and signal types are supported
Accessories: Brain-wave Controller x1, Socket x1
Additional Accessories Available for Purchase: 'Multi-tap' Socket
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 17:54   Link #34
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I AM SHLICKING TO MY WII, OH NOES! It is no wonder the Japanese hates Xbox 360. I wonder what other console is in this, I shall grab myself a copy by all means.
Old 2010-04-20, 07:16   Link #35
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
Purple ray disc
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 21:23   Link #36
Nerroth
NePoi!

The way the goddesses look in the battle scenes, it would be cool if you can customise a character to look like Mu, Nu or Lambda from BlazBlue...
Old 2010-04-20, 22:33   Link #37
videoman190

More new info on the Three goddesses!

Quote:
From Icecream of neogaf

And according to Dengeki, the personalities of the 3 other goddesses are as follows:
Green Heart: Gentle onee-san type, but is very knowledgeable and quick to act when needed.

Black Heart: Has great confidence in herself and acts assertively. Is tsundere.

White Heart: Quiet and cool, she has an aura of intellect around her. Her manner of speech is strange and she can be quite blunt regarding her emotions.
Quote:
In a fictional world called the Geimugyokai (Game industry), there exists two realms: the realm of the gods and the lower realm. In the realm of the gods, 4 beautiful goddesses reside over 4 separate continents. These goddesses possess the ability to transform from normal, cute little girls into anthropomorphications of gaming hardware. However, these 4 goddesses are constantly in fierce dispute over who is the superior console. Moreover, the number of citizens (read: market share) of each respective continent are the sole source of power for these goddesses. Thus, in order to increase the number of citizens on their respective continents, the 4 goddesses engage in a 'console war' to determine who is the fairest one of all.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...ptune_preview/

Last edited by videoman190; 2010-04-20 at 22:50.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 23:27   Link #38
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I'm still voting for Ruwii... I wonder if she goes 'Ruu~' when she wins?

No, impossible... there is only one character I know that goes 'Ruu~'... >_>;
Well that's not her name so I don't know where you'd get that idea. Ruwii is the name of the continent she "rules", the one representing Nintendo. All we know is that she's called White Heart.

Also official site updated with story, character profiles/relationship chart, art of the worlds and product info.

I'm curious who the remaining 4 characters to be revealed are.

Also it's not hard to figure out which companies the 4 un-named characters represent if you examine hard enough. (Nippon Ichi, Idea Factory, Compile Heart and Gust.)
Old 2010-04-20, 23:29   Link #39
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

go figure ps3 would be tsundere.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 18:01   Link #40
Nerroth
NePoi!

In case they haven't been referred to already - a set of higher-quality scans from the magazine feature of Neptune.

Tags
ps vita, ps3, rpg