AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-14, 10:03   Link #1021
Ragna666

Wait What Kawasaki likes Hachiman??? which part of the novel shows Kawasaki likes Hachiman?

Last edited by Ragna666; 2013-07-14 at 10:19.
Ragna666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 13:38   Link #1022
blackwhite67
Banned

She keeps blushing around him ever since he told her he loved her as thanks for helping find that worthless bitch on the rooftop. It wasn't a confession, but it was a "love you" phrase that even couples are embarrassed to use.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 15:58   Link #1023
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Saki has been weird around Hachiman since pretty early on, and the first signs that we see from that are for about when Saki & Hikki where in the same prep school and she comes onto him strong (it was just saying hi in her own way ) (that happened a lot earlier than the rooftop stuff). Her reactions towards Komachi's pair up attempts are pretty strong (there is even some illustration for them?).

We have never literally told what Saki feels for Hikki, nor how it began or developed (my hunch is that he got to see the "real" Saki & her soft spots, and he is kinda like the only one she can talk about her true self & circumstances (though, this is theory since they don't really speak with each other frequently ))....

If no proof about it is not enough for you, think about it like this :

- We have been hinted that Yumiko is hopelessly in love with Hayato; thus, Miura becomes awkward when Hayato becomes a topic, thus we further have that Miura absolutely hates and goes into cute rage attacks when Ebina starts pairing Hayato x Hikki and argues stuff like "Hayato doesn't have anything to do with Hikki".
- Well, when Ebina went at it in front of her, Saki become awkward when Hikki became a topic, thus we further had that Saki absolutely hated it and went into cute rage attacks when Ebina started pairing Hikki x Hayato and argues stuff like "Hikki doesn't have anything to do with Hayato"----- AKA, since the reactions are parallel, it's hinted that they harbor the same type of feelings towards their targets.

---- Kinda off topic, but I remember that it was actually Yukinon the one who mentioned that she was classmates of Hayato through grade school instead of the other way around (wasn't it when Hikki "caught" her "signing" in the forest?).
Old 2013-07-14, 16:13   Link #1024
Shadow5YA

Saki has strong tsundere reactions in general, even when Ebina is being friendly and calling her Sakisaki.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 01:06   Link #1025
JokerD

The part that really hit me was when Saki's brother said "you would be come oni-chan if you marry big sis right" (Vol 3 summary)

Still, reading through the summaries, it seems that he is afraid of expressing his love normally, the only love he admits to in his internal monologe are forbidden romances - a) Totsuka and b) the sensei (references to his call for someone to marry her or he'll do it himself)
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 03:20   Link #1026
Tenzen12

Weren't Komachi one that said it? I was sure it was her.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-07-15 at 04:17.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 06:42   Link #1027
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Weren't Komachi one that said it? I was sure it was her.
Hmm.. yes it was her instead, still it raised a Saki flag
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 15:57   Link #1028
Tenzen12

That's what I like on her, she would ship Hikki with any girl without difference.
Old 2013-07-15, 16:07   Link #1029
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
That's what I like on her, she would ship Hikki with any girl without difference.
Her logic seems to be that "as long as he hooks up, there is no problem", so that's why she tries her utmost to do the task She doesn't seem to want to step up to the plate, though (that's actually one of the things I like about her).

Oh, BTW, someone was asking "why we didn't had any illustrations for volume 6.25?", I checked and the reason is that the volume doesn't have any illustrations Outside the cover and the backcover (which is the BD illustration) the volume is all text.
Old 2013-07-15, 22:47   Link #1030
isadin801

Any idea when the next volume comes out
isadin801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 23:33   Link #1031
csuree
The Most Hated™

If it goes by the usual pattern then next Monday or a week after.
Well this is only a logical deduction, because I did not find any good info about it on the publisher's site.

Also Komachi thinks (my opinion), as long as 8man falls in love he will change. She's right, as we see him being influenced even by small things, like touching or the girl being close to him, or acting friendly.
He tries to remain in his "zone", but these little incidents that force out the real romantic Hikigaya(the one who hopelessly falls in love with any girl who is nice to him).

Anybody know about 7.5 something?..plot or anything? is it about the aftermath of the confession? or a prelude to volume 8?
Old 2013-07-16, 00:38   Link #1032
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
She keeps blushing around him ever since he told her he loved her as thanks for helping find that worthless bitch on the rooftop. It wasn't a confession, but it was a "love you" phrase that even couples are embarrassed to use.
In verbatim (Well thanks a lot to Japanese posters and... fanart in general)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikigaya Hachiman, verbatim (Volume 6)
"サンキュー!愛してるぜ川崎!" (Sankyuu! Aishiteru ze Kawasaki!)
Do the math.

And yes, like some people before me would have said, the entire convo with Saki was dropped in the anime.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 03:02   Link #1033
Tenzen12

Anime concentrated on main "triangle". And no metter how much I love both Hikki x Shizuka and Hikki x saki (prefere over Yukino even). I belive it was very good choice.

BTW: does anyone know what happened in v6.25?
Old 2013-07-16, 11:49   Link #1034
Excorsism

Quote:
Anime concentrated on main "triangle". And no metter how much I love both Hikki x Shizuka and Hikki x saki (prefere over Yukino even). I belive it was very good choice.

BTW: does anyone know what happened in v6.25?
I think it covers the sports festival which was what episode 13 was about. Still waiting on my copy to get here.
Old 2013-07-18, 05:51   Link #1035
terribad

NanoDesu translations has released volume 1 chapter 2-2. I don't think it's complete.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 14:32   Link #1036
csuree
The Most Hated™

okay. I think I'm worthy to become the next 8man.
I'm on a train trip to Bucharest(650 km) and half the trip I was alone. Still have 7 hours until arrival, and suddenly 6 beautiful girls share the coach with me. Damn my luck.

Nanodesu is translating faster than BT?
Old 2013-07-18, 15:27   Link #1037
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
okay. I think I'm worthy to become the next 8man.
I'm on a train trip to Bucharest(650 km) and half the trip I was alone. Still have 7 hours until arrival, and suddenly 6 beautiful girls share the coach with me. Damn my luck.

Nanodesu is translating faster than BT?
Bull shit if it was 8man the girls would say its full than when hes walking away call him a creeper.

has for whos translating faster its nanodesu but thats like comparing a turtle and snail.

- Guy Incognito 2014
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 08:21   Link #1038
csuree
The Most Hated™

okay i'm still not 8man. I talked with them, made some jokes. They were cool onee-sans (all were above 30 and married). I swear they looked 25 oldest.

Well you cannot say a bad word about any translators. They are doing it for free and sacrificing their free-time. All my respects to them.
Without their contribution anime and manga would be very limited.
Old 2013-07-19, 08:51   Link #1039
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
okay i'm still not 8man. I talked with them, made some jokes. They were cool onee-sans (all were above 30 and married). I swear they looked 25 oldest.

Well you cannot say a bad word about any translators. They are doing it for free and sacrificing their free-time. All my respects to them.
Without their contribution anime and manga would be very limited.
true enough

- Guy Incognito 2014
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 15:12   Link #1040
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

I have been liking a lot Nanodesu version of the translation, but as usual with this stuff there are some liberties that are hard to adjust to (like rephrasing and thus taking out the "source : me").

I still haven't seen a preview text for the next volume (should be like a month away). I'm not even sure if its going to be bonus only with the OVA / game or if it's going to be sold separately as well.

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck