AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Shuffle! Memories Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 1 5.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 5.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 5.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 21.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 15.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 15.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 5.26%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-20, 21:05   Link #21
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
well what to say about this episode.....................since i dont want to start any flames ill just say i was very very VERY bored
Old 2007-02-21, 05:56   Link #22
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

a new level of hate has begun... KKKKKKKKR... i'll watch the last episode if it's title is KKR... and i know y somebody got bored... it's understandable for cold-hearted AAA fans...
Old 2007-02-21, 14:12   Link #23
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No... it really isn't hate so much as: anyone who watched the original series will probably find most of this a complete waste of time.

Perhaps we could get the subbers to just release "OP/ED" clips
Old 2007-02-22, 16:56   Link #24
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Wow they brought this series back as just a reminder with really no new scenes??
A Kaede re-cap recap??

I'd ask what's the logic behind this but I'm afraid someone will answer...

So does it atleast have better animation or is it the exact same?

Not sure why I'm even commenting in this thread, but something compelled me...
Old 2007-02-22, 19:31   Link #25
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No its the same footage.. which gets really wierd because of the character model deformation from scene to scene and episode to episode.

Best answer came from relentlessflame who pointed out the original series aired on PAY channel WOWOW and WOWOW had exclusivity rights. This series is PG-ified (no R-15) and is airing on FREE channel tv. They had to rewhack it to avoid the exclusivity problem. The thought is they're trying to drum up sales of the original series DVDs and these "collector DVDs" by giving the frugal peasants a hacked up view of the show.

I suppose one could call this squeezing the last dollar out of a dessicated husk but it leads me to believe they're in a death-spiral of sorts (Soul Link's failure must have really drained their resources). Given that the pre-season hype was very misleading (e.g. "director's cut"), there's a lot of annoyance.

I don't have any optimism anyone will see any adaptation of TickTack or ReallyReally (or any Shuffle! spinoff) after this.
Old 2007-02-23, 02:26   Link #26
Maritime
Oceanic

I'm fairly certain I've read somewhere recently that at least one episode of Memories (probably the last I'd assume) is actually going to feature brand new material. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Having watched, and loved, the original series I haven't bothered watching Memories beyond episode two as I've seen it all before, however if they really are going to put out a 'new' episode I might have to add Memories to my collection for geeky collector reasons.
Old 2007-02-23, 02:46   Link #27
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The last episode is suspected to contain new material. And of course, the OP/EDs all had new snapshots and music. I might keep the last episode in my "omake" folder for Shuffle! if it does turn out to be new.
Old 2007-02-23, 06:14   Link #28
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

You can defend it with economy and increased exposure/accessibility all you like, but at the end of the day it's just not entertaining. That's the most important criteria for any anime and this one has, in my eyes, failed that miserably.

More comments when I get around to watching the episode.
Old 2007-02-23, 07:16   Link #29
Neku
yare yare..

Question!
Is Shuffle! Memories all about recap? Are there anything new added to this new Shuffle series? Thanks.
Old 2007-02-23, 11:53   Link #30
Maritime
Oceanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The last episode is suspected to contain new material. And of course, the OP/EDs all had new snapshots and music. I might keep the last episode in my "omake" folder for Shuffle! if it does turn out to be new.
I think I may very well do the same, I really hope that there's at least one new episode though as I'll be quite disappointed if there isn't.
Old 2007-02-23, 18:36   Link #31
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdirt View Post
Question!
Is Shuffle! Memories all about recap? Are there anything new added to this new Shuffle series? Thanks.
it is all original material ie no new stuff except for the OP/ED parts...*hammer to the head >.<* waste of time watching this if youve already seen shuffle recently ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-23, 20:37   Link #32
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I suppose one could call this squeezing the last dollar out of a dessicated husk but it leads me to believe they're in a death-spiral of sorts (Soul Link's failure must have really drained their resources). Given that the pre-season hype was very misleading (e.g. "director's cut"), there's a lot of annoyance.

I don't have any optimism anyone will see any adaptation of TickTack or ReallyReally (or any Shuffle! spinoff) after this.
Well, I doubt Tick! Tack! or Really? Really! adaptations were ever in the works. They're interesting sidestory games, but I don't know if they're really good anime material. That's just an opinion, though, of course. And I don't know... I think the "hype" around "Director's Cut" was mostly speculation among English fans, wasn't it?

Also keep in mind that the anime for Soul Link and Shuffle aren't related at all, even though they're both based on material from Navel. Completely different production teams, publishers, financiers, etc. Both Shuffle and Soul Link were part of a larger marketing push for the PS2 games by Kadokawa and Interchannel respectively. So, Soul Link didn't fail; think of it as a $1.5 mil advertising campaign. Between the DVDs, CDs, Game, and other merchandise, I'm sure Interchannel's doing just fine.
Old 2007-02-23, 20:42   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Perhaps we could get the subbers to just release "OP/ED" clips
No thanks - i want the subbers to carry on with whats a great job. They also seem to be enjoying the work. :3
Old 2007-02-23, 22:21   Link #34
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
What a very very tough watch. 25min concentrated jolt of the downfall of Kaede. Its like watching a car accident in slow motion.

Really is one of those things were you wish you can jump in the anime and fix it!!!!

I do to the english language... What Chuck Norris does to your face. Creates it and then destorys it!
Old 2007-02-23, 23:16   Link #35
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ok, watched.

Man, they didn't even show the scene with Primula and the empty pot. That was like, one of the best scenes in the whole goddamn thing, and they didn't show it. Boooo.
Old 2007-02-24, 02:56   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I doubt Tick! Tack! or Really? Really! adaptations were ever in the works. They're interesting sidestory games, but I don't know if they're really good anime material. That's just an opinion, though, of course. And I don't know... I think the "hype" around "Director's Cut" was mostly speculation among English fans, wasn't it?

Also keep in mind that the anime for Soul Link and Shuffle aren't related at all, even though they're both based on material from Navel. Completely different production teams, publishers, financiers, etc. Both Shuffle and Soul Link were part of a larger marketing push for the PS2 games by Kadokawa and Interchannel respectively. So, Soul Link didn't fail; think of it as a $1.5 mil advertising campaign. Between the DVDs, CDs, Game, and other merchandise, I'm sure Interchannel's doing just fine.
oi.... I thought it was the same animation production team but I'm too apathetic to go look so I'll accept the input unfiltered. The "director's cut" nonsense came from an interview with him I read but I don't have the cite link so I'll just have to tag it as apocryphal.

I'll agree TT and RR would have to have a lot of hammering to work as an anime -- and therefore very unlikely to be adapted.

I just find the whole situation kind of sad because I rather liked the characters and the premise of Shuffle! and remain disappointed with the execution of the anime. Fortunately, there are enough "wins" in the genre that I don't spend more than a couple of minutes thinking about it anymore
Old 2007-02-24, 18:59   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Man, they didn't even show the scene with Primula and the empty pot. That was like, one of the best scenes in the whole goddamn thing, and they didn't show it. Boooo.
Yeah, i was a lil' shocked by that.

I gave this a 10 - with it being all about Kaede and how we all know its one hell of an upsetting story, it works more when all her scenes are together like this. It keeps the right level of emotion through out the whole episode. I like to believe that this is the purpose of Memories.
Old 2007-02-25, 07:47   Link #38
WarzoneCommand
Blattering Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah, i was a lil' shocked by that.

I gave this a 10 - with it being all about Kaede and how we all know its one hell of an upsetting story, it works more when all her scenes are together like this. It keeps the right level of emotion through out the whole episode. I like to believe that this is the purpose of Memories.

It was sure one of the saddest episodes of any anime I've ever seen, I guess that's worth something. It's just a shame it's just a compilation of everything we've allready seen
Old 2007-02-26, 00:55   Link #39
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
it is all original material ie no new stuff except for the OP/ED parts...*hammer to the head >.<* waste of time watching this if youve already seen shuffle recently ~
I've already downloaded Episode 1 and 2... but they were downright boring.. >.<;; I only hope they'll add something new, but I guess there's none. Nevermind then, and thank you very much for telling ^_^
Old 2007-02-26, 14:54   Link #40
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I didn´t think it was possible but the recap of Kaede´s arc destroyed more than the actual arc. Shuffle was ended with crappy writing and the recapping in Memories was catastrophic.

This was just painful to see, but apparently money comes before pride in this case.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Closed Thread