AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-28, 17:30   Link #21
Zell2k3

Hi all,

Im leader of Nameless One [N-O] , we r subbing Kita-he now . For all who watched our release , plz give me some feedbacks , positives or negatives are ok . Well , we are news , those feedbacks will help us much .

Btw , our raw quality isnt good , so , ep 1 is a bit noisy , but we are finding a better raw .

Beside the raw , is there any other prob ?
Old 2004-01-28, 18:54   Link #22
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell2k3
Hi all, Im leader of Nameless One [N-O]...Beside the raw , is there any other prob ?
Please start a post like this in the fansubbing groups forum as it is about your release and not the series in general.

--->Zell2k3 thanks for your prompt attention.

edit This is looking less and less like a series I want to watch for 13 episodes. The story is OK but not great. The character design is irritating - I just can't take the weird lumpy chins and stuff. There were some clunky parts in the animation too. Tourism is nice but I rather sit home and watch nice anime this winter.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-01-29 at 18:51.
Old 2004-01-28, 18:57   Link #23
Zell2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Please start a post like this in the fansubbing groups forum as it is about your release and not the series in general.
Wakata .

Starting another topic !
Old 2004-01-28, 20:25   Link #24
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

This anime is perfect.

WhoTF created that !?!?
Old 2004-01-29, 00:30   Link #25
Fntc

The "Kita e" ("To the North") series (Kita e: White Illumination and Kita e: Photo Memories for the Dreamcast and Kita e: Diamond Dust for the PS2) were a joint project between Hudson soft (located in Hokkaido, and primary co-developers with NEC for the PCEngine series of consoles) and Red Company (who you probably know from Sakura Taisen). It was made in cooperation with many local businesses, tourist bureaus, etc. in Hokkaido.

The character art was done by the becoming-more-well-known Nocchi, who used to have his own dedicated page in Newtype a few years back.
Old 2004-01-30, 12:11   Link #26
tem

I liked the first episode very much when I first saw it...but after raelizing that the show is about different girls, my enthusiasm went down a couple of notches. I suppose all I can do is watch the rest and see how it goes from there. ^^
Old 2004-01-30, 19:35   Link #27
Tboz

Hmm... so it is based on a Travelling game, no wonder I see the names and pictures of real life buildings during the intermission.

Actually I realise that this show is called Kita-he, not Diamond Dust Drops. Not a big spoiler but Diamond Dust is only a name of a placed featured in Atsuko's story. Shouldn't this thread be renamed to Kita-he if it is to be a collected discussion thread for this series?

Btw, the night scenery on the mountains is beautiful. I would love to see it in real life.
Old 2004-02-03, 04:05   Link #28
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I was a little surprised at first that this series would be a collection of what are essentially 6 short stories, and have got to admit that I couldn't relate to the first story all that much. Just too many things different about the girl, her life, the guy she falls for, etc. BUT, count me surprised to see that I really liked episode 3 a lot more! There is just something genuinely likeable about Karin, and something genuinely touching about what she's going through.
Spoiler:

Anyways, this second short story I like a lot better than the first, simply because I find it easier to relate to. Drama and romance are definitely in full swing. So, if you had given up on this series after the first two episodes, give it another try - it's really a different story.
Old 2004-02-03, 04:35   Link #29
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I just finished watching #3. I am not gonna gush over this series but I will say that having seen possibly every game-based TV and OAV series ever subbed I would rate this over quite a few of them.

The characters are fully realized and interesting. They are flawed in the way real people are. They aren't stuffed to the gills with cuteness. In most game-based shows the characters aren't anywhere near as well-crafted.

I have no idea how the series will tie the different girls together (other than putting them in some town in Hokkaido), or how the different stories will be resolved. None of that matters; even if the ending is bungled, the characters will have made an interesting story.
Old 2004-02-03, 05:47   Link #30
lordlucless

Actually, I was quite the reverse! I found the first story to be more touching than the second, at least so far. The first seemed to be fairly decent drama, the second seems more like a romantic comedy - shades of You've Got Mail anyone?. But I don't think you need concern yourself.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-03, 10:44   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlucless
Actually, I was quite the reverse! I found the first story to be more touching than the second, at least so far. The first seemed to be fairly decent drama, the second seems more like a romantic comedy - shades of You've Got Mail anyone?. But I don't think you need concern yourself.
I guess that's one of the side benefits of having a show of short stories. Different stories will appeal to different people! That being said, I did like the first story, but I find myself liking the second story better. I'm not sure I found much comedy in it, though, but that is neither here nor there.

Quote:
Spoiler:
That is a very good and interesting point and makes a lot of sense to me. My earlier post was a first reaction posted at 4am, but now that I think about it again, what you are saying makes a lot more sense! (One should never post when they're tired!)

Given that there are 6 characters and 12 episodes, and each character seems to be getting two episodes each, do you think they will in fact tie all the stories together such that they'd all meet up at the end? I've been wondering this myself.
Old 2004-02-03, 16:04   Link #32
lordlucless

Well, I assumed they would, mainly because that's what I'd do if I were writing it ;p
And the intro has them all together.

Pretty flimsy reasons, though.

And no, I didn't see much comedy in the second episode either; I was talking more about the plotline; wheelchair bound girl in hospital meets handsome, young doctor...it just seems straight out of a romantic comedy.
Old 2004-02-03, 18:37   Link #33
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, I assumed they would, mainly because that's what I'd do if I were writing it ;p
And the intro has them all together.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Of course, if it had been me directing, I probably would have found a way to weave these stories together all along, but, if nothing else, this is a different and interesting approach to the ero-game anime genre. (I assume that somehow, in the game, the stories were all connected? Maybe not...)

Quote:
And no, I didn't see much comedy in the second episode either; I was talking more about the plotline; wheelchair bound girl in hospital meets handsome, young doctor...it just seems straight out of a romantic comedy.
Yeah, that's true. It was kind of a dreamy-romance kind of thing, which makes sense given that the main character is a 14-year-old girl, as opposed to the last one which was a much more "harsh" take on romance, in a way. I thought it was cute though.
Old 2004-02-03, 18:49   Link #34
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Yeah, I know what you mean. Of course, if it had been me directing, I probably would have found a way to weave these stories together all along...
I rather they do it this way. Jump-cutting scenes from a large cast of characters can reduce the scenes to meaninglessness. It doesn't necessarily build the characters either. Take a look at Graduation M if you want an example of what I am talking about.
Old 2004-02-03, 18:54   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
I rather they do it this way. Jump-cutting scenes from a large cast of characters can reduce the scenes to meaninglessness. It doesn't necessarily build the characters either. Take a look at Graduation M if you want an example of what I am talking about.
Yeah, that is true enough; it would depend on how it's done. If they just took the current stories and setup and intermixed them, that would definitely be a mess! Anyways, I'm certainly not opposed to the way they're doing it. It's different, and it definitely has its advantages. I like it.
Old 2004-02-04, 05:14   Link #36
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I thought ep3 was good, better then the first 2 put together. This girls story was more interesting and touching then the first girl.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-04, 18:13   Link #37
lordlucless

From what other posters have said, the game wasn't an ero-game; rather, it was a travel simuation set around Hokkaido; hence we get the little landmark images in the intermission.

Of course, I think there was more than one game, so one of the others might have been ero.
Old 2004-02-04, 18:31   Link #38
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
From what other posters have said, the game wasn't an ero-game; rather, it was a travel simuation set around Hokkaido; hence we get the little landmark images in the intermission.

Of course, I think there was more than one game, so one of the others might have been ero.
I've been trying to look into it a bit, and I was definitely wrong in calling it an ero-game. As you say, they were romance stories presented in a game centered around travel. The first game was on Dreamcast, and the recent one was on PS2, so I highly doubt they had any ero content. So my mistake! It still makes for an interesting approach to an anime, though.
Old 2004-02-08, 01:11   Link #39
Go-lytely

Man, I love that op song. its so upbeat.
Old 2004-02-08, 01:24   Link #40
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
Man, I love that op song. its so upbeat.
How bout the Ed song. I think it's awesome. btw anyone know the artist and title of the ED song?