AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-15, 11:15   Link #861
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

He says that he's a fraud because he's there because he falsified some docs or something. What if Ozpin saw this and decided that his balls or something were merit enough for him to enter Beacon? Then he'd be no fraud, his exam would have been... more personal, let's say.

I find it a nice plot twist, Ozpin did put him into captain position. He knows of his heritage and I'm sure that an academy as prestigious as Beacon has means of knowing BS when they see it/read it.

But I do see your point. He's a fraud if you look at it that way. Or he attempted fraud. There's the debate about something being fraudulent when the other knows and accepts something, right?

Cheers

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 18:20   Link #862
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
But I do see your point. He's a fraud if you look at it that way. Or he attempted fraud. There's the debate about something being fraudulent when the other knows and accepts something, right?Cheers
Not wanting to continue to beat this dead horse, but, the way I see it is, if Professor Ozpin told Jaune he knew that the transcripts were fake, but he didn't care and that Jaune could come to Beacon, anyway, that would have nullified the effect of the fraudulent act. If the Professor knew, but didn't tell Jaune he did, and let Juane believe that he got away with the deception, then the fraudulent act would not be nullified, and, to Jaune, it would be the same as if the Professor didn't know at all. Juane would assume that he got away with being a fraud. In any case, whether Professor Ozpin knew or not, Jaune attempted to defraud Becaon's admission process, and believes that he has gotten away with doing so. And, as far as we know, he did get away with it.

In retrospect, I wonder if Jaune's morose "Soul crushing regret?" response to Pyrrha's "Do you feel that?" back in episode 7 was actually an intimation of how Jaune felt now that he had pulled it off, and gotten into Beacon under false pretenses. At the time, that response seemed to have come out of nowhere.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 20:02   Link #863
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
My guess is that Beacon knows that Jaune slipped in, and let it slide for other reasons. He is no fraud, he's there for the right reasons.
huh yes for begin a hero
Old 2013-10-16, 21:36   Link #864
bigdeath

Quote:
My guess is that Beacon knows that Jaune slipped in, and let it slide for other reasons. He is no fraud, he's there for the right reasons.
He displayed amble leadership ability in their forest mission by commanding the girls in combat.

I wonder how long this first season will be? I thought it was only going to be 12 episodes.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 21:41   Link #865
Tenzen12

It is 12 episode long, but each episode is, I think, around 12 minutes long and most of them are splited into parts.

In what episode we are right now? Fifth maybe? In that case there should be plus minus 20 sub-episodes left. That's very rough estimation, if someone wanna correct me, suit yourself.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 22:20   Link #866
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

The RWBY panel at NYCC, they said the season is going to air all the way till the week before the DVD/Blu-Ray release, which releases in retail on November, 12th.

So that means, the last Episode of the season is going to be November 8th.

Last edited by ScorchingFlames; 2013-10-16 at 22:39.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 22:35   Link #867
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

so just 16 ep for this season 1 ?

so the tournament maybe begin season 2?
Old 2013-10-16, 22:58   Link #868
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
so just 16 ep for this season 1 ?

so the tournament maybe begin season 2?
There are about 8 chapters in total as of now, from all of episodes that have aired so far, including soon to be aired ep14.

This is the run down, if they were not split up into parts.

Ep 1 is ch 1
Ep 2 & 3 is ch 2
Ep 4 & 5 is ch 3
Ep 6 & 7 is ch 4
Ep 8 is ch 5
Ep 9 & 10 is ch 6
Ep 11 & 12 is ch 7
Ep 13 & 14 is ch 8
Old 2013-10-17, 15:10   Link #869
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchingFlames View Post
There are about 8 chapters in total as of now, from all of episodes that have aired so far, including soon to be aired ep14.

This is the run down, if they were not split up into parts.

Ep 1 is ch 1
Ep 2 & 3 is ch 2
Ep 4 & 5 is ch 3
Ep 6 & 7 is ch 4
Ep 8 is ch 5
Ep 9 & 10 is ch 6
Ep 11 & 12 is ch 7
Ep 13 & 14 is ch 8
Ep 15 is Ch 9
Ep 16 is Ch 10

I think its the Podcast on the first page that mentions 10 chapters in 16 episodes. That or the RTX2013 panel.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 18:13   Link #870
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

RWBY episode 14 Forever Fall Part 2

Finally! The "Oh, poor Jaune" saga is over.

Unfortunately, Jaune did not get quite the beating he deserved (for ill-treating Pyrrha), but he did man up and apologized to her for being a jerk. Although his problem with Cardin is now resolved (and what bunch of sissies team CRDN is), the issue of him being a fraud is still up in the air, but will probably remain a mystery at this point. Well, at least I hope it does, since too much time has already been spent on Jaune.

Jaune, unlike the members of team CRDN, isn't a scaredy-cat, and will go head-to-head with a beast, even if he isn't well-trained or a very effective fighter. At least he does have that going for him. He can show some determination and bravery, as he did before in episode 8 Players and Pieces.

Like the beacon of a lighthouse on a dark and dreary night, Pyrrha was, once again, the shining light of this episode. Although her "semblance," polarity, is finally revealed*, how it actually worked was a bit iffy. Also, her desire to keep her actions a secret from Jaune probably wasn't the right thing to do, in the long run, as it probably gave him a false sense of capability. Nonetheless, Pyrrha really is the best thing that has ever happened to Jaune, no doubt about it. Let's just hope he realizes that now.

* Ruby's is speed (yes, she is faster than Weiss), and Weiss's is glitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It is 12 episode long, but each episode is, I think, around 12 minutes long and most of them are splited into parts.

In what episode we are right now? Fifth maybe? In that case there should be plus minus 20 sub-episodes left. That's very rough estimation, if someone wanna correct me, suit yourself.
This issue came up before, and I wondered then why people were claiming that each "episode" wasn't really an episode but a half-episode or a sub-episode. According to the RT RWBY page, this is "Episode 14 Forever Fall Part 2."
Old 2013-10-17, 19:32   Link #871
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Ep 15 is Ch 9
Ep 16 is Ch 10

I think its the Podcast on the first page that mentions 10 chapters in 16 episodes. That or the RTX2013 panel.
I haven't listen to three of their recent podcast's (including the Patch) unfortunately. Been trying to find time to listen to them.

So after this we may only have two episodes left or maybe three, which means we'll get three full chapters or two episode's and one chapter.

I seem to have made a mistake, on the dates for the last episode. The last episode is going to air on November, 7th. That is unless if it is a week before the retail release for RWBY. I may have misinterpreted what they said at NYCC, about the last air date for the series.
Old 2013-10-17, 19:35   Link #872
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
Well I can see why Weiss called Pyrrha the strongest student way back. Being able to indirectly manipulate your opponent's weapons and armor is a massive advantage.
Old 2013-10-17, 19:37   Link #873
CBredbeard
Banned

I wanted the bear to win.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 19:55   Link #874
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
* Ruby's is speed (yes, she is faster than Weiss), and Weiss's is glitz.
Weiss and Blake are faster than Ruby until proven otherwise.

Although honestly, this show has been a disappointment. The characters seem no where near as powerful as they were in the trailers. Watching Weiss and Ruby struggle against fodder under any circumstances just kills me. Why are they not plowing through monsters like Ruby at a bake sale?

I really didn't want a bear to come in and solve Jeane's problems. I wanted Jeane to actually beat Cardrin. Having Cardrin and his team run away like little girls just because some fodder come their way, that just brings them down to a manageable level. It doesn't lift Jeane. It doesn't put Cardrin in his place.
Old 2013-10-17, 20:10   Link #875
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

What the hell does Pyrrha see in Jaune?

Cheers

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 20:18   Link #876
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
The characters seem no where near as powerful as they were in the trailers.
That's what you get for basing your expectations solely on trailers and not considering changing said expectations for maximum enjoyment.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 20:33   Link #877
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
Well I can see why Weiss called Pyrrha the strongest student way back. Being able to indirectly manipulate your opponent's weapons and armor is a massive advantage.
Assuming the weapons are made of steel (and a few other, select metals) since most other metals are not affected by magnetism (stainless steel and most other steel alloys, copper, aluminum, titanium, etc.). Of course, things could be different in this universe.

Quote:
What the hell does Pyrrha see in Jaune?
Quoting myself from an earlier post:

Quote:
He's tall, not ugly, not fat, and blond. What more could a seventeen year old girl want? Brains? Not necessary. Trying to figure out what girls see in guys (or what guys see in girls) is a futile occupation.
Old 2013-10-17, 20:35   Link #878
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Pyrrha is definitely deserving of that cereal box cover with her Semblance. That's just wild.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 20:38   Link #879
CBredbeard
Banned

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to miss Jeane being the Dude-In-Distress to Pyrrha's Cretean Amazoness. Like she was so overpowered she needed Jeane to act like a ball and chain to keep her from competing with the RWBY for relevance.
Old 2013-10-17, 21:07   Link #880
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Assuming the weapons are made of steel (and a few other, select metals) since most other metals are not affected by magnetism (stainless steel and most other steel alloys, copper, aluminum, titanium, etc.). Of course, things could be different in this universe.
I think I'll speculate by the rule of selective magnetism here and guess that she can force non-magnetic objects to have magnetic properties.

And yeah. Ruby is probably confirmed to be faster than Weiss and probably Blake, but Blake is stilll the only one who can vertically wall run unaided by anything but her own speed.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby