2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.45%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-16, 06:36   Link #101
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sariss View Post
Well , I also think like you and hope that Graham will still be more of a reason comes before emotion type. But he seems to turn into the other way of thinking since the last episode, not to mention some other sources of rumours said Billy will be found out about how he leak the information and get replaced . Well, I hope that one is a fake rumour anyway.

Actually , I like FLAG and thinks the design is way cool beyond Gundam myself. If Graham sticks with it , that would be good but it needs a lot of upgrades at least not to shorten Graham's life
By all means, I'm definitely a fan of the Flag and will always welcome more screen time There just has to be a good reason for why Graham will leave his elite position. I'm not aware of the other rumors out there, but if he's purged by the higher-ups because of his connection to the information leak, then the rumor of him leaving the Union will be more plausible.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 06:43   Link #102
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Please let it be a GN Drive custom Flag. Seriously, the Flag is one of the best designs to come out of the Gundam franchise in a long time. Make it a red one, too. >=D

Besides that, the new MS in the preview is pretty weird but wicked looking. Can't wait to watch this ep when I get back home from work.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 06:49   Link #103
xris
Just call me Ojisan

As far as I can see these rumours are spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
Posting or quoting such spoilers can get you banned!
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 07:41   Link #104
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Spoiler for ...:
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 07:44   Link #105
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

well that was a pretty good episode , some character development , and the one person i never thought was able to have human facial expression such as a smile.....smiled O_o .
Loved the ending of the episode , and the preview makes me want to see moar .
next saturday feels so far away ;_;
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 07:45   Link #106
sariss

O_o". I'm sorry about that, won't do it again.

Tieria is kind of cool this episode and the preview looks promising.
sariss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 07:58   Link #107
OMG_Zerg_Rush

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008.../gundam-00-19/

looks at the first pic of the preview.......oh shit
________
Universal health warehouse

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:28.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 08:01   Link #108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
looks at the first pic of the preview.......oh shit
Spoiler for Episode 20 preview:
Old 2008-02-16, 08:17   Link #109
Wesley84

Spoiler for Episode 19 Spoilers:
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 08:37   Link #110
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Spoiler for Ultra-brief Impressions of Episode 19:
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 08:54   Link #111
Nuiihren

Can somebody pleasy roughly sum up the conversation between Lockon and Setsuna at the end? I'm dying of curiosity.
Nuiihren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 09:05   Link #112
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
They are not the Wing Zero that talks to you through the ZERO system.
I'm sorry for talking about wing in a G00 thread, but I feel the need to correct that. (hope it wasn't already, I stopped reading the thread as soon as spoilers came out).

Wing Zero doesn't talk to the pilots, that's just them going crazy from sensory overload, which is basically what the zero system does. It sends all data directly to the pilots brain rather than processing it into visuals. Drives the pilot crazy, they think that the zero system is talking to them.
Old 2008-02-16, 09:14   Link #113
JediNight
キズランダム

I want to know how Alejandro Corner is going to explain to them that he knew about this secret GN drive warehouse that has like 3 dozen units in it suddenly.

And now I wonder how exactly Alejandro and the Illuminati people fit into all this. Are they on the same team/goals as Aeolia Schenberg, or is this some type of secret double-cross in the works for Alejandro against the Illuminati/Aeolia?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 09:42   Link #114
Marsala
Delurker

Wow. They aren't even trying to hide that Alejandro is the main villain anymore. Ribbons's little grin and especially Alejandro's smile that appeared when Nadleeh suddenly shut down seal the case.

I'm guessing that Alejandro is the leader of a faction that wants to subvert Celestial Being's true goal into something sinister. Aeolia Schenberg probably had a secret benevolent goal disguised by the stated aims of ending war, but Alejandro is warping the plan to a bad end. The group of Observers may be innocent, since Alejandro is betraying them just as how Gendo Ikari tried to betray SEELE (though Gendo's goal of reuniting with his wife was less sinister than SEELE's goal of melting humanity into goo).

Also, Tieria and Nadleeh are scary. Tieria will probably not be a true villain, but he is likely to come to blows with Setsuna some time in the future.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 09:49   Link #115
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuiihren View Post
Can somebody pleasy roughly sum up the conversation between Lockon and Setsuna at the end? I'm dying of curiosity.
L: Your organization killed mah parents!
S: Yeah.
L: All thanks to the solar energy plan, Middle East falls into poverty, wars yada yada yada, the world is now warped. I understand that you were used by the organization, but my parents died because of them. Lemme shoot you nao.
S: I thought there was a god, but there isn't. Ali al Sarshes is the leader of my group so go find him for revenge yada yada
L: What are you going to do with Exia?
S: I will eliminate war.
L: You can't once I shoot.
S: Never mind, as long as you be my gundam for me(, and change this warped world)but as long as I live I will be gundam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala
Tieria will probably not be a true villain, but he is likely to come to blows with Setsuna some time in the future.
Well, he sure is acting out of character this week(for character development), what with the empathy for the other two, not to mention that he actually was stopping Lockon from shooting Setsuna. I mean, empathy for I-am-all-business-Tieria?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 09:53   Link #116
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for This thing looks.... UNIQUE:
if u look at the small sheild on his left arm that looks a hell of alot like the one setsunas gn sword n beam shorty r mounted on.
Old 2008-02-16, 09:54   Link #117
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Wow. They aren't even trying to hide that Alejandro is the main villain anymore. Ribbons's little grin and especially Alejandro's smile that appeared when Nadleeh suddenly shut down seal the case.

I'm guessing that Alejandro is the leader of a faction that wants to subvert Celestial Being's true goal into something sinister. Aeolia Schenberg probably had a secret benevolent goal disguised by the stated aims of ending war, but Alejandro is warping the plan to a bad end. The group of Observers may be innocent, since Alejandro is betraying them just as how Gendo Ikari tried to betray SEELE (though Gendo's goal of reuniting with his wife was less sinister than SEELE's goal of melting humanity into goo).

Also, Tieria and Nadleeh are scary. Tieria will probably not be a true villain, but he is likely to come to blows with Setsuna some time in the future.
It can't be that simple. What was the whole point to everything that's happened up til now? When exactly are the Gundam Meisters going to be shown the error of their ways? I thought we were going for a "new age" Gundam, where the "protagonists" are more like antagonists and the "antagonists" were more like protagonists.

I want answers. Not a guy that got bored of his station and decided to make a power play.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 09:56   Link #118
Sinta

EXIA isn't going to get a power up? It is the most unbalanced gundam of them all; he needs a ranged weapon
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 10:03   Link #119
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
It can't be that simple. What was the whole point to everything that's happened up til now? When exactly are the Gundam Meisters going to be shown the error of their ways? I thought we were going for a "new age" Gundam, where the "protagonists" are more like antagonists and the "antagonists" were more like protagonists.

I want answers. Not a guy that got bored of his station and decided to make a power play.
The fact that someone villainous is trying to corrupt Celestial Being's mission strongly suggests that Celestial Being's true goal is something good. I'm a little disappointed, too.

Anyway, the whole point of a morally ambiguous show is that there are no clear moral answers (except maybe that what Neena did was Very Bad. Don't blow up weddings for the lulz ). If Celestial Being's plan succeeds and ends all war / unites the world / gives everyone free T-shirts, will it have been justified? Maybe, maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
EXIA isn't going to get a power up? It is the most unbalanced gundam of them all; he needs a ranged weapon
Exia has a beam rifle in the right arm and two smaller guns in the hands. But since the name of the show is Gundam 00, so the odds are high that Setsuna will switch Exia for a super-powerful Gundam 00 by the end, though we may have to wait for season 2 before seeing it.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 10:05   Link #120
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
Er, I'm not buying this one. It makes no sense. If his now personal vendetta against Gundam leads him to leave the military, then he's a fool since he'll be denying himself the resources he needs to be victorious. I think Graham is more level-headed, especially if Billy is available to service/upgrade the Flag units. That is, unless the Union implements some über stoopid policy that gets both of them pissed off (or Billy dies).

Sticking with the Flag demonstrates Graham's steadfast loyalty to his fallen comrades, Billy and Professor Elfman--that's all great--but wouldn't he be more inclined to use the best available tools to get even with Gundam?

Graham doesn't strike me as the bitter, go-it-alone-at-all-costs type.
Each of the three world factions is very nationalistic. The Flag has already been given some form of symbollic importance for certain key members of the Union. If they were to get GN drive they would giive them to Billy and he would adapt them to the Flag frame.

All three sides don't like what the Gundam represented. In this show "public" perception and opinion seems to take a role with CB making an issue about giving themselves a positive image. The three factions will adapt the GN drives to MS frames that will serve to generate national pride and serve as anti-Gundam symbols.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote