AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-12-13, 16:27   Link #261
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Hm, there was some speculation about this. Rufus wasn't dead, was he? I recall some kind of hint in the game itself that he survived... but it was more of an unclear hint (or maybe I'm just thinking of something else?). So yes, I do believe the cloaked main in the wheelchair is Rufus. But I also think it could be the original sepiroth himself (remember those black -cloaked- men in Nibelheim? With the # on their arms? Those sephiroth clones?). ALSO, that "epilogue" with the overgrown Midgar and RedXIII and child, wasn't that something like "100 years" after the lifestream invaded? I thought it was... so that would mean this video takes place before that since Cloud and them are still alive. (Remember RedXIII's clan is able to survive longer then average?). Also, I think Aeris did survive, somehow... and she will play a big role in this movie along with these 'children' (I'm guessing here). Yeah... my guesses.

---
EDIT: Just watched the newest subtitled trailer, and yes indeed... I put some things together

The SHM (kadaj) or whatever his name be, refers to cloud as "brother" while their fighting (not in the scene with the children). I'm guessing this means they are clones (or failed clones) like Cloud was... why else would they call him "brother"?

The wheelchaired man is indeed Rufus, you can clearly tell from a shot where you see his lip down to the upper part of his uniform.

Kadaj and the SHM were talking to him because they wanted Jenova (to make another sephiroth clone? "With jenova, they could even make another Sephiroth clone if they wanted to"). Rfus says they need "muscle" in a scene where it looks like hes hiring the "ex-soldier" aka- Cloud, to help him out.

Tifa says "the battle two years ago" so this movies takes place two years after the lifestream came (thus before the red XIII scene)

some more speculations later, supper now
--------

EDIT2: Zack is shown only in a flashback, that scene shown in the game where Cloud and Zack escape and are headed for Midgar, and when they get shot down by the Shinra soliders.

Last edited by ChibiDusk; 2004-12-13 at 16:58. Reason: mooore~!
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 02:28   Link #262
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

I dont get is, in the ff7 ending u see red xiii overlooking midgard in the time line of 100 yearsafter (not sure). midgard is totally ruined but in the trailers, midgard is rebuilt. . . . i wonder wat happens to destroy midgard again?
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 03:23   Link #263
USCPharmacist

is call plot hole.....hehehe

remember, back then square never ever make sequel, NEVER!!!!1111
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 03:35   Link #264
Yujinbito

Deleted. Nevermind.
Yujinbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 06:25   Link #265
Vicious_Pucca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesweaving
I dont get is, in the ff7 ending u see red xiii overlooking midgard in the time line of 100 yearsafter (not sure). midgard is totally ruined but in the trailers, midgard is rebuilt. . . . i wonder wat happens to destroy midgard again?
i think this is how it goes...

FF VII hooray thing...
vvv- 2 yrs later...
FF VII: AC
vvv- x yrs later
FF VII Red XIII looking over midgard.

mmm. i'm gonna keep this avatar for a while... lol
Vicious_Pucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 16:48   Link #266
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I don't think Midgard was destoryed. I think it was badly damanged (thus why all those people became sickly and depressed - they have no home anymore). So, the question is more like "what purifies Midgar?" since its covered with life in the '100 years later" red xiii segment.
Old 2004-12-14, 17:13   Link #267
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Well, at least I know for now (in my mind anyways) that the cloaked man is Rufus after getting that new subtitled 4 min trailer. Cool.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 17:23   Link #268
Robocop
Cepheus

Damit! i renamed all my characters and I now I never know who is who!
Robocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 17:39   Link #269
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Yes, it is indeed Rufus
*will collect some screencaps for proof*

Old 2004-12-14, 22:55   Link #270
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ok, after much digging and some creative nagging I have gathered some new updated information on this movie. Tenative release date is June 1st, 2005 in Japanese Dub, Jdub with english subs, AND english dub. Yes, they're doing an english dub that will be released on DVD in japan on June 1st, 2005 and in US theaters December 2005 and on DVD in the US in May 2006. This is only tenative as there is issues with the render work in several parts that still haven't been completely fixed plus some parts still haven't even been started yet due to the excessive detail work this project is requiring of every frame of animation and a few changes have been made to the script along the way (part of what delayed it in the first place) requiring several sections of the movie to be redrawn and rendered and there is still some redubing to do per the request of the director to clean up some "problems" he thinks exists with the existing dubs.

That's the latest information I have and it may not be 100% accurate as it was pieced together from several different sources, so as always I give my disclaimer of "treat it as rumor till you hear it as fact in the news" although I still lean towards this being very much fact as usual given the source of the information. Enjoy! And I hope this gives you guys something else to go on while you're waiting. I know waiting sucks and can be painful at times, but waiting with no information I feel is worse than waiting with only partial information. Hence why I provide these informational tidbits when and where I can.

(I'm gonna owe several of my buddies in japan bigtime after pulling this little favor btw. -_-;; )

PS: I have no information on who will be releasing it in the US. I only know that it will be. If I find out who, I'll pass it along.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 23:18   Link #271
ramune

Wow that will be a long wait...

If the Japanese DVD has English sub AND dub, a US theater release would be unnecessary since a lot of people (including me) will import the DVD instead. (region code might be a problem though)
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 23:24   Link #272
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramune
Wow that will be a long wait...

If the Japanese DVD has English sub AND dub, a US theater release would be unnecessary since a lot of people (including me) will import the DVD instead. (region code might be a problem though)

Not a problem for those who own a region free player, or have hacked their PC's DVD-Rom to remove the region code...
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 23:54   Link #273
asmaisins
Elite Member

Talking elo!

guys, im new in here... but ive been visiting the animesuki more often than the forums...

just wanna ask if theres a continuiation movie in here of the movie preview i got from downloading it here?...

also... does it include the death of sephiroth?/../

thanks...
more power...
asmaisins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 02:14   Link #274
XioVicious
A fallen Angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Yes, it is indeed Rufus

I would have to agree. From what I have seen the person is wearing a white suit. I think a saw a white tie too but not sure. Also I thought I saw earing, but that was kinda unsure.

but man, I cant stop watching the trailer for that. Favorite part was the fight seen (2:42 into the 2 part trailer) I wish I could be thrown like that and still stop without a scratch. m
XioVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 03:08   Link #275
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
is call plot hole.....hehehe

remember, back then square never ever make sequel, NEVER!!!!1111
tats not true? ffx-2?

or u mean when ff7 was out?
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 22:11   Link #276
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

don't mention ffx2...it is a shame, the worst mistake square ever did (other than spirits within)

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 23:07   Link #277
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Ok, after much digging and some creative nagging I have gathered some new updated information on this movie. Tenative release date is June 1st, 2005 in Japanese Dub, Jdub with english subs, AND english dub. Yes, they're doing an english dub that will be released on DVD in japan on June 1st, 2005 and in US theaters December 2005 and on DVD in the US in May 2006. This is only tenative as there is issues with the render work in several parts that still haven't been completely fixed plus some parts still haven't even been started yet due to the excessive detail work this project is requiring of every frame of animation and a few changes have been made to the script along the way (part of what delayed it in the first place) requiring several sections of the movie to be redrawn and rendered and there is still some redubing to do per the request of the director to clean up some "problems" he thinks exists with the existing dubs.
If the japanese version will have english subs and a dub, what's with the year between the release? Is square-enix trying to get more sales from people in the US and other english speeking countries that are too impatiant to wait? They should really do a simultanious release in that case. The way they're doing it is just like asking bootleggers and dvd-rippers to steal as many sales as possible...
Old 2005-01-01, 23:41   Link #278
RichMan
????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Yes, it is indeed Rufus

How can that be Rufus. . didn't he die when Diamond Weapon blew him up while he was in his head office at Midgar. . Maybe thats a real human form of Jenova. .

Is that a clone of Sephiroth I see, or has the real one been brought back to life (Phoenix Down anyone? lol). . . or someone else (a turk perhaps?)

I know almost nothing about Advent Children. .but I know ALOT about FF7 the game. . .
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 23:43   Link #279
AnImExFrEaK

thx for reminding me that rufus actually did die when one of the weapon blew a beam of energy at the tower. but i dont ever remembering anyone in the game saying he died or survived.. so thas a big mystery
AnImExFrEaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 23:51   Link #280
Ging_Freecs
Talaga lang ha?

have you guys watched this yet CLICK ME trailer 3 is the newest (DEC 10) and heres the translation
Spoiler:

If youve already seen this then nevermind but heres some screens to make theories a little exciting
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ging_Freecs; 2005-01-02 at 00:11.
Ging_Freecs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction