AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-01-15, 16:06   Link #5181
GDB

Yeah, I thought it was just a stock issue, so I waited to see if they'd restock the black one near me when they had 2 beach ones left. Couple months later, nothing, and the beach were out of stock in store, and would've charged about $119 for shipping (plus the cost of the item). Now, it's not even available online.

IKEA does this shit a lot, and it makes it really annoying to buy anything from them that you might need more of.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 00:51   Link #5182
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, I thought it was just a stock issue, so I waited to see if they'd restock the black one near me when they had 2 beach ones left. Couple months later, nothing, and the beach were out of stock in store, and would've charged about $119 for shipping (plus the cost of the item). Now, it's not even available online.

IKEA does this shit a lot, and it makes it really annoying to buy anything from them that you might need more of.
Well, it may seem like a far-fetched idea, but if someone started a petition or something to show there is still a moderately large interest in that product, they may bring it back. I would definitely sign it. Because I'm going to need at least another one before the year is over with all the figures I'm getting, and it seems I'm not the only one. So maybe a petition would actually be a decent idea?
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 01:58   Link #5183
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
The Detolf has been discontinued several times before, so it might make a comeback. Who knows...

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 18:27   Link #5184
GDB

Thing that really gets me about IKEA is how they don't have a ship to store option like Best Buy does. Avoid the shipping costs by waiting for it to ship with other shipments they'd get, and then go pick it up yourself. But no, they have to be "weird".
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 18:39   Link #5185
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Well I found out what the award was "BEFA Award"

unfortunately, it seems to have gone the way of the digital Dodo
Old 2014-01-16, 18:58   Link #5186
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Thing that really gets me about IKEA is how they don't have a ship to store option like Best Buy does. Avoid the shipping costs by waiting for it to ship with other shipments they'd get, and then go pick it up yourself. But no, they have to be "weird".
Not to mention how they pick their locations. They only go to "big market" states. Unfortunately for many, they have to trek to IKEA every time they need something.

It's a 5 hour drive for me.
Old 2014-01-17, 22:56   Link #5187
-hireshi
Banned

I bought my first figure in 2010. Now I have several shelves filled with them.
I am kinda picky whenever I go figurine hunting. The figure has to be attracting, (i.e, something worth putting up for show).

I always prefer rare and limited edition figurines before anything else.
-hireshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 17:03   Link #5188
takai
Easy Muffin

Just got my Ousawa Miu: Open Shirt Ver in the mail today.
Spoiler for Ousawa Miu: Open Shirt Ver:

I also forgot to mention I got my Milla Maxwell and Luka figures too. They're beautiful.
Spoiler for Milla, Luka, and Miu:
Old 2014-02-01, 03:24   Link #5189
Blanchimont

Just a question. Am I right to assume Hobby Search' Japanese version applies only to Japanese customers? At least it doesn't log you in automatically/let you log in there with your credentials from the English front.

Curious as it does have plenty of sections/articles missing from the English one.
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 05:12   Link #5190
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
Just a question. Am I right to assume Hobby Search' Japanese version applies only to Japanese customers? At least it doesn't log you in automatically/let you log in there with your credentials from the English front.

Curious as it does have plenty of sections/articles missing from the English one.
Basically, it seems that the answer is yes. The Japanese site uses email addresses as the UserID and registration appears to require a Japanese shipping address. Also, certain products indeed don't exist on the English site, even if you append /eng/ to the URL for the product code. So it seems likely that the only way you could order things from the Japanese site would be through a proxy or forwarding service.
Old 2014-02-08, 02:26   Link #5191
takai
Easy Muffin

I just got in my Yagyuu by Vertex today. I have to say, she is beautifully crafted. Even her stand is nice. The cape and scarf, along with the very pretty umbrella just looks great. And of course they nailed her great body. I'm definitely satisfied with this purchase.

Spoiler for Yagyuu by Vertex figure:
Old 2014-02-08, 10:57   Link #5192
abc0716

Recently just got an A/C rated PMMM Sayaka TV ver. at AmiAmi... (Was planned to get A/A rated Akarin but it was sold out before I decide to order it..... )

Spoiler for Bad photography by myself:

I could just seen little dents on the box, although it was rated C on the box status.

By the way, can't wait to see which figures will be shown / announce on the Winter Wonfes which will be held at tomorrow (Personally prefer any Neptunia or RM characters )
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 05:22   Link #5193
Zeydra
A random passerby

I'm a bit of a complete ignoramus when it comes to pvc figures so i'm after a bit of advice and information about one that's caught my eye. Basically, is good smile company's Asuna knights of the blood a wise pre order? I like what i'm seeing from the prototype images but i just want to get my info straight before actually putting in a pre order.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 07:22   Link #5194
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I'm a bit of a complete ignoramus when it comes to pvc figures so i'm after a bit of advice and information about one that's caught my eye. Basically, is good smile company's Asuna knights of the blood a wise pre order? I like what i'm seeing from the prototype images but i just want to get my info straight before actually putting in a pre order.
You cannot go wrong with a GSC figure, it's one of the best figure manufacturers and the mass produced version that you buy will look just like the one on the promotional images

On that note, I got this GSC Kuroyukihime for my birthday last month

Old 2014-02-13, 13:06   Link #5195
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
You cannot go wrong with a GSC figure, it's one of the best figure manufacturers and the mass produced version that you buy will look just like the one on the promotional images

On that note, I got this GSC Kuroyukihime for my birthday last month

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That's good to hear, i'll slap a order down.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 18:07   Link #5196
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Just ordered myself Ruby Rose from RWBY. I was surprised figures were made, so when Roosterteeth announced that McFarlane had made one I immediately jumped onto it on their website

Images
Old 2014-02-15, 21:54   Link #5197
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Been meaning to buy this one for a while;

Spoiler for Dat Yui:

Finally got a few other purchases out of the way and ordered this last week.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 07:48   Link #5198
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Images
SH-niisan, is it bedtime?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 14:48   Link #5199
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Something old school I found while packing stuff for moving house.

Images

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 04:16   Link #5200
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Hey people, I have a bunch of figures I bought on trips to Japan but I've been wanting to buy some online. Are there any reliable sites with international shipping that you all order from?
noir senshi is offline   Reply With Quote