AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-22, 04:42   Link #2261
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Surivial was equal to BM during the Sunwell phase. But in Northrend, they messed it up. It is good to hear they've made the tree viable again.

I heard that the Warlock summon is bugged at present and can only be used every 2 minutes.

Wintergrasp is screwed. The one time I went there, there were around 400 players there. You were lucky to move about once every 10 seconds. They need to fix it. Not sure how, but it is affecting the server in general during the most heated moments. *shrug*

So is Death Knight DPS now back in the pack? To be honest, it was getting insanely high. It is good that Blizzard put in enough effort to make the new class worth rolling. But they kind of went a bit too far the other way.

There's nothing wrong with the current dailies, really. They're easy and fast. Plus most of those reps are worth grinding. And they are fun.
Old 2009-01-22, 09:55   Link #2262
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

DK nerfs aren't as bad as people make out. Overall damage output is more or less the same.

PvE wise the Shadow of Death (Ghoul form) change makes no difference, unless you suck donkey. The PvP impact won't affect much other then BG spam, it should still work in Arena's I think (if I'm wrong then meh, it was crazily powerful anyway). Mark of Blood will still function the exactly same in PvE, its just no longer the complete Rogue negation ability it was before in PvP. The nerf to Bone Shield is fairly painful to swallow but it is still a very good ability, it is almost offset by the buffs to Frost Presence if you don't have IBF up at the time as well. (notice the theme for these nerfs).

The Gargoyle nerf is offset almost completely by the buff to Necrosis and the buffs to the Ghoul via glyph are great for extra damage. Dancing Rune Weapon was buffed very nicely and averages about ~2k dps now. Blood was buffed to be a very viable tank spec now with the changes to Will of the Necropolis and Vampiric Blood to name just a few.

Anyway overall, its a mixed bag, damage wise things are more balanced between the spec's and no one spec totally outshines the others. Tanking wise unholy no longer eclipses the other two specs but DK's now have 3 viable tanking trees. Some things hurt or are kinda hard to swallow, but over all its better for the class. DK's will not be completely unkillable brick walls in PvP, and in PvE they will still be maintaining their positions. The ones that are crying about it are usually the ones that roll for FOTM overpoweredness.
Old 2009-01-22, 11:10   Link #2263
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I wonder how people call DKs unkillable brick walls all the time. I haven't played for a while but watch my brother play and he is consistently killed by Rogues every single time. The Ghoul form thing is gonna be really noticeable in BGs yes. Unless you can somehow not die more then once every 15 minutes. I don't get why they nerfed that only an utter moron is ever 'surprised' by Ghoul form and in a BG it takes a Paladin all of like 3 seconds to kill you.

Actually I can never understand how people say Warriors, Paladins, and Death Knights are anti-Rogues. Is it just because of Plate? Because I haven't see Plate armor do jack for preventing them from stun locking you for about 10 seconds and stabbing you to death in 6.
Old 2009-01-22, 14:07   Link #2264
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Surivial was equal to BM during the Sunwell phase. But in Northrend, they messed it up. It is good to hear they've made the tree viable again.

I heard that the Warlock summon is bugged at present and can only be used every 2 minutes.
It's more than just viable, my dps has actually increased by a very significant amount. I enjoy the playstyle quite a bit more too, I never liked having to manage my pet and being screwed completely if it died. It's amazing how many people are screaming about abandoning their hunter and calling for the devs' heads just because they are so hung up on one spec that they refuse to try anything else. Well, it isn't really amazing since I totally expected it and 99% of people are worthless idiots but yeah, you get my point.

And yeah, the lock summon is bugged. It's pretty annoying, especially when going to Archavon (no portal because of WG bug), since some members of my guild seem to have a really bad sense of direction despite being great players.

They sure buffed lock pets' health though, was really funny seeing a doomguard with 46k hp.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 14:44   Link #2265
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not sure of the hunter change is good or bad at this point. I have a chaotic spec anyway (just kind of filling in talents that look good to me without checking the boards). My goal is generally to have the pet (in this case a Wolf) hold aggro while I blast away with steady stot, a stinger and some arcane shots with maybe one more instant thrown in when needed. But then he's only a level 68 hunter.

I've not used a doomguard for my lock yet (the few times I've used Curse of Doom he's not spawned, and I've never actually used the Ritual of Doom even though I have it). But then I've not used the Infernal either even though I have that as well. Are the worth using...and if so, when?
Old 2009-01-22, 14:52   Link #2266
Clarste
Human

Yay for ele shaman buffs! The new Magma Totem does a surprisingly large amount of damage and of course all the spells in my normal rotation got a boost in numbers (except Chain Lightning, which is no longer part of a single target damage rotation and instead an aoe spell... as it should be). Elemental Mastery is also much better now for PvE, although I'm sure some people are going to complain about the PvP nerf. And it seems quite a few ele shaman have been appearing out of the woodwork... I guess it's a flavor of the month now?

In other news, Convention at the Ledgermain now only takes 4 Chilled Meat, and quest items seem to loot faster in general. Lots of little convenience changes in this patch. I keep coming across little moments of "hey, they changed that? cool" even though I thought I read the patch notes thoroughly.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 15:45   Link #2267
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Yea the loot changes are nice. Though I've also noticed they changed looting boss 'chests.' When we downed 4Horseman in Naxx and went to check out the loot it opened right away rather than having to click and wait for it to 'open.' The Sapphiron portal was also changed so that after you clear the last wing and use the teleport to the start you don't automatically port to Sapph. Though they have yet to add an exit from that area... .

From the Priest changes for 3.0.8 there wasn't too much. Shadow form is usable while mounted (turn on/off) from what I read. I really liked the Abolish Disease change that makes it usable in Shadow Form. Now I can get those Shadow Priests to help me remove those diseases in raid . The CoH CD...bleh. Don't like it. Had to change up some of my healing strats since I can't use it several times in a row anymore. Oh, and they fixed Prayer of Shadow Protection and Prayer of Divine Spirit to affect the entire raid like Prayer of Fortitude rather than just the party. Makes buffing a lot easier (and cheaper) now. Levitate can also be cast on other players now. Though I dunno about sharing my Levitate...it's mine!!

WG is also bugged on my server . And they changed the mounting/dismounting on the Flying Carpets to be instant like regular mounts rather than taking a few seconds to show you jumping on/off. Also hostile players' names appear red again rather than appearing green. Though that resulted in a surface error so a rider's feet can be seen doing through the bottom of the carpet .
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 15:46   Link #2268
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

I've not used a doomguard for my lock yet (the few times I've used Curse of Doom he's not spawned, and I've never actually used the Ritual of Doom even though I have it). But then I've not used the Infernal either even though I have that as well. Are the worth using...and if so, when?
I know next to nothing about the class now despite playing one at 70, but the locks in my guild are using both so it looks like they were buffed into usefulness. They tend to drop the infernal during aoe situations like burning down adds on Sartharion so I think that's its main use. Saw doomguard out for Sartharion as well as Kel'thuzad so it seems like maybe it's just an all-purpose dps pet. Apparently the enslave on them lasts 15 minutes now so that breaking in the middle of the fight isn't an issue. Someone who plays the class can definitely elaborate better but that's what I've inferred based on my observations. (Oh and the doomguard summon doesn't kill someone anymore, too bad)
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 17:02   Link #2269
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
DK changes weren't so bad. 0/32/39 got hurt a bit, but it's still pretty good dps. I'll be trying out 2h frost whenever I get the sigil off of Heigan. As for hunters, Survival is pretty nice now. Explosive shot hits like a mack truck (can't imagine what it was like before it was toned down). Like RW, I enjoy the SV playstyle more. I actually get to do more than Serpent Sting > Steady Shot macro (sometimes weave in Arcane Shot if mana allows) > repeat as necessary.
Old 2009-01-22, 17:46   Link #2270
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
I wonder how people call DKs unkillable brick walls all the time.
My experience (and this was reinforced by the spec I had the other day; 3 Drake Sarth spec) was that in full tank gear I had 38K HP with buffs in PvP, between Bone Shield and IBF it would require me to be focus fired to be killed otherwise one on one people just gave up when they couldn't get me bellow 80% because I could mitigate it or heal it. In fact, in a couple games it took a gank squad of 3-4 rogues to be able to kill me in 30+ seconds, and in that time I'd be able to take one out, maybe two. I'd just throw Mark of Blood on one of them and use Rune Tap/DS to out heal the damage they did. And when I did die I had Ghoul Form as well which gave me time to maybe kill or harass another one of them since they usually scattered when I fell over. I'm fairly average at PvP and I don't really think that's fair, although it is funny. The point is survivability was insane with the right spec and gear.

That's really interesting about Warlocks, I'll have to tell the locks in my guild about that.
Old 2009-01-22, 19:20   Link #2271
Clarste
Human

Oh yeah, and you don't need wood to make fires anymore. So you can just carry around a Gnomish Army Knife (or Flint and Tinder, I guess...) and make a fire where-ever you like! Yay for progress.

Edit: Apparently Shadow Priests had a bug that made Mind Flay do massive damage when the patch came out, but they seem to have hotfixed it already.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 01:41   Link #2272
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Finally got Undying tonight. It's amazing how many stupid things will cause you to wipe in Naxx. Once I get a few more achievements, I hope to never step foot in normal Naxx again. Missed 6 minute regular Maly by six seconds too. We all fail at phase 3...
Old 2009-01-23, 04:24   Link #2273
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Mmm, nice change to making fire.

Malygos phase 3 is easy...honestly, it's just because most people are too bloody stupid to use their brains when piloting. They only click the damage buttons and not the heal or shield.
Old 2009-01-23, 05:46   Link #2274
Mr Hat and Clogs

People fail so bad at Maly P3, its so simple. I had to explain to some guildies using the analogy of a slow waltz to get them to do it properly. Me on TS going "One..., one..., two..." in a dry monotone must have brought up some painful memories but it did work!
Old 2009-01-23, 06:40   Link #2275
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So sad...

Honestly, Kyth's video on how to do Malygos is perfect. It explains everything and provides a very good visual. Her 5 minute kill video is also very good. She just leaves nothing to be questioned and is a very user-friendly oriented player. Very good to know someone like her that has skill, brains and the will to help others actually exists.

People are using the vehicle system as an excuse. They claim that Malygos and the Oculus are the worst instances/encounters every. And that they hate the vehicle quests in Howling Fjord and Such, claiming them to be fail. Yet I find Malygos to be a very stimulating fight and I loved Howling Fjord and the Oculus. The Oculus was a very refreshing change to the normal style of 5 man instances. I simply put it at those who can't do Malygos or the Oculus lack playing skill.

I don't see why people fuss over Malygos.

Phase 1 - Don't stand in front of his face if you're not a tank. Stand on a slain power spark if you're DPS. What's hard about that?!
Phase 2 - Stand in the shields and DPS. Move between shields. Take a Scion if you're melee DPS. What's hard about that?!
Phase 3 - Always have some combo points ready, gradually stack the dot heal, get decent damage spam on Malygos. Avoid the big bloody glowing balls. Shield if Malygos focuses on you. Not hard...
Old 2009-01-23, 06:58   Link #2276
comatose

The Oculus is pretty annoying, but really only because it's unorthodox and (relatively) hard, so I'm having a hard time finding a PUG for there.

I have to go there because I'm gearing up for Heroics (my tanking bracers come from there), so I don't feel like I can continue before I get done with that :/
comatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 07:01   Link #2277
Mr Hat and Clogs

Oh I loved the vehicle quests too, although that one in Howling Fjord for the Explorers League at Iron Gate or Steel Grill or whatever its called has never worked for me. That's the only one I can think of that has been bugged every time I tried to do it when I was leveling.

edit: lol @ the news on MMO-champ, with the SS of the bliz forums with a gold seller's ad.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2009-01-23 at 07:59.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 08:02   Link #2278
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Our group definitely understands how to do p3 of Maly, but we just made stupid mistakes and cost ourselves the achievement. I didn't see Maly focus on me a 2nd time, my GM shielded accidently and lost his stack, one of our paladins d/ced at the start of p3, and another person who posted the optimal way to do p3 fudged up his stack too. Rather silly, but that's the way things go.
Old 2009-01-23, 13:05   Link #2279
Xacual

We've found that on Malygos, if we set 3 people just to focus on spamming the hot and doing the big heal with the rest of the raid focusing on dps, as long as they keep track of using their shield properly we don't have any trouble with him. I hate the fight though, for some reason when I do it I get this acid trip background that makes it really hard to concentrate on whats going on.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 22:38   Link #2280
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

hey, what do you guys think about my armory?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Llane&n=Satosu

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows