2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.70%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-15, 11:27   Link #681
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Even if it loses some of the symbolism, she's got her other hand, it's not like she can't wear the ring anyway. I thought there was a strange inflexibility there.
I thought she was pointing out she couldn't put it on because having only one hand putting a ring on is more than a little difficult. So he should put it on her.

But the nurse got in the way of that.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 11:49   Link #682
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
I thought she was pointing out she couldn't put it on because having only one hand putting a ring on is more than a little difficult. So he should put it on her.

That too. Miss Bedside Manner and the gossiping nurses were part of what made that scene slightly less than perfect.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 12:11   Link #683
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Nena Trinity, That Lousy Son Of the B*tch............

I think someone should hate the gundam thrones you know. Killing Louise's parents instantly. seeing louise's cry and lose her left arm makes me sad, you know what guys.

Episode 19 we will witness the fight of EXIA VS thrones.

My expectation dialogue goes like this:-

Spoiler for setsuna's Line.....:

Can't wait to see Ali VS Setsuna Face-off anyway.....

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-02-15 at 12:25.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 12:29   Link #684
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post

Well I'm assuming that NONE of us ever got amputated (So we don't know what it feels like) but one thing that pops to mind is that the ring reminds her of the loss of her hand. Which of course also leads her to the loss of her entire family. I dunno but I guess for some people it's hard because they've never been in such a situation.

Like that Family guy episode where Joe breaks down completely because his failure at catching the thief reminded him of his handicap. Dude was always cheerful and strong willed but when he failed...he took it hard.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 12:42   Link #685
philmein

As much as I am anticipating Setsuna's thirst for battle against the Thrones, I don't think he'll be able to do much against them (for now). It's just that feeling.

But boy oh boy, was episode 18 an emotional roller coaster as well full of action. Got to give it to Graham; what a beast he is. Personally, he's really grown on me. He's just one badass of a soldier.
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 16:27   Link #686
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And just in time for Saturday...

Menclave releases 18. FINALLY.

*gets*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 17:44   Link #687
LS Eden
Eternal Scourge

Send a message via ICQ to LS Eden Send a message via MSN to LS Eden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
He freaked quite a bit after seeing she'd lost her hand, and eventually broke down to his knees and cried in the middle of a dark hallway. I think a real person would have found a nice chair, sat down, sank his face into his hands, and wondered what was going on and what he should do. Not wail like a baby.
Uh, what?
Of course some would do that - but to say "a normal person would do that" is a bit - uh, well. You can't expect him, Saji, to stay calm like a "normal person" would.
He surely thought of what to do, but you can't blame him for that emotional breakdown that is alongside.
LS Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 20:24   Link #688
Lanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Even if it loses some of the symbolism, she's got her other hand, it's not like she can't wear the ring anyway. I thought there was a strange inflexibility there.

That said, I think if Saji had reacted less more people would make a fuss about that than the few who say he was overreacting.

This may or may not be relevant but wedding ring on left hand means you're married. Having the ring on your right means your husband/wife is dead.
Lanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 22:56   Link #689
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow.... just wow...

Ok, first things first... Graham just kicks ass. Period. But everyone knows that by now, and he's sure one of the most, if the most popular character in the show. I know I am one of his fanboys.... ^^;

Going on, but I dunno, having Louie and Saiji survive the tourist bombing incident gave me a sense of indestructibility for them. I mean, they didn't hurt them then, why should they do it now? Even knowing from the preview that Louise got hurt, I really thought it was just some minor scrapes and bruises. I certainly wouldn't imagine she'd lost something big permanently. That scene, especially with the ring, really affected me more than anything in recent memory. I'm still speechless about it... can't say much of anything but I'm really shocked.

I mean, how many anime I have seen where innocent civilians were killed? More than I can count, that's for sure. But none has affected me more so than Louise. They're not the nameless guy who I don't know nor do I care about anymore... so I really do feel for Saji. No doubt, no matter how crappy the series will turn out, I'm seeing it through the end to see what becomes of the couple. Big hurdles there, and I only wish them the best, because if they can overcome all these, they certainly deserve it.

Just too bad that I can't put 00 in my sig... I still feel those two shows are superior. But wow, this comes a close third. You just don't see this kind of drama in other mecha shows, that's for sure. If it was another season, this show would definitely top out my list.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 01:52   Link #690
feRfe

sunrise is going to pull a roflmao i bet w/ saji somehow attaining a gundam, (probably taking over setsuna) and then go on revenge rage

oh. and graham exploded on the awesome meter this ep.
feRfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 02:02   Link #691
Jays

Graham won me over, I submit. This guys heart and determination make me feel as if, only he should be allowed to kill all of those friggin Trinity Gundams. They drive me insane to the point were I am compelled to hate them(?). I've never felt anything like that before in the past while watching a Gundam show, because as someone said earlier, there was a logical/tactical reason for doing as such, but the manner in which they do it is just something that makes eye twitch.

Setsuna did me proud today; I loved the way he went about doing what he did. I wonder what Lockon will do next, or for that matter Tieria, judging from the previews, he isn't too angry at what Sestuna did. I can only imagine that this will begin the decline from were all the 'good' Gundam pilots defect, Celestial Being gets ratted out/their grand scheme gets found, someone ends up paying for that, and Saji and Louise live happily ever after - boy, do I feel bad for them
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 02:06   Link #692
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Hahahahahaha...comedy gold, Jays.

There is no such thing as good in the G00verse...only bad to worse.

Anyone that doesn't have an inner demon by now is dead.

I certainly hope we don't see some sort of happy ending after this...it'd be cheap.
Old 2008-02-16, 02:13   Link #693
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Hahahahahaha...comedy gold, Jays.

There is no such thing as good in the G00verse...only bad to worse.

Anyone that doesn't have an inner demon by now is dead.

I certainly hope we don't see some sort of happy ending after this...it'd be cheap.
Hey! I only said for Saji and Louise, come one man, don't you feel bad for them? And besides, I bet most terrorist would look good, as in a 'good person', when put up against the Thrones.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 14:28   Link #694
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
I see it the same i view her action as on a whim. Too call her a maniac psycho bitch is for me far fetched. I also dont condone her action just that it doenst strike me as if she was mentally unstable as people seem to argue.
I don't see how you can argue that someone who could murder scores of people in cold blood on a "whim" is not insane. There are many types of insanity and many ways of showing it. Just becuase she is not frothing at the mouth and killing nonstop, does not mean she is not insane.

As far as the use of the term "psycho" (more properly "psychopath") in refernce to her, if we look at the list of "diagnostic criteria" for that condition from wiki:
  1. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest. (murder comes to mind)
  2. Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure ("Opps! I pushed the wrong button.")
  3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead (killing people on a whim, without considering the reaction of the world to her atrocity)
  4. Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults (her reaction of Setsuna's "rejection" of her advances)
  5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
  6. Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honour financial obligations
  7. Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another. (she obviously had no remose over the mass murder of the wedding party)
Certainly, she has already demonstrated all the symptoms listed in bold, which would confirm that she is indeed a "psycho" in my opinion.
Old 2008-02-16, 15:45   Link #695
Tatsurou

Yay! The grunts killing machines that Gundams should be are back! And a new Shin shall be born in Louise! Maybe Saji will take over that role since she has lost a hand.
Tatsurou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 17:56   Link #696
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

18 episodes in. I'm at last starting to find something likeable in Setsuna. Also, wondering if boning Nena when he had the chance would have saved all those civilians.

Nena I can dismiss immediately as a psycho. It's her brothers I wonder about. "I pushed the wrong button", and they just accept it?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2008-02-17 at 14:56.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 14:31   Link #697
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Yeah, well. Tell me one Muslim nation that isn't.... Muslim..
LMAO that was funny^^
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 15:55   Link #698
AnimeFangirl

9/10. Would have been 10/10 if Louise had actually died. >:-D But there's still time for that.
Graham getting some revenge for Howard is cool too, and if they can reverse-engineer the beam saber... *doki doki* This is getting interesting!
Old 2017-11-09, 07:35   Link #699
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Yeah, Graham's Asura moment, pretty bloody kickass. That music too.

Spoiler for Random Musings From Later:
Old 2017-11-09, 09:44   Link #700
AnimeFangirl

Concerning my comment about wishing Louise dead, I have been accused of being "pissy about Louise." It's true I don't like her, but I also genuinely think the series would have been better if they had had the guts to kill her off. I felt like I'd been stabbed in the stomach when the camera showed her under a slab of concrete. And her mom had grown on me so I'll miss seeing her.

Not that losing an arm and your whole family isn't terribly tragic, but think of the impact on Saji if he had never seen her again. How much he would regret not buying her the ring earlier. Or giving her the kiss she wanted. How angry he would be at himself and at the Gundams.

As it is, Louise is crying about not being able to wear a ring and I'm like "...but you have another arm?" Saji is staggering around the hospital thinking about the incident and I'm like "...she's still alive, you know?" Okay, maybe I really am a callous coldblooded hater.