Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-20, 23:45   Link #8681
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
PlayStation 3 'hacked' by hardware crackers

Won't people ever learn to quit messing the PS3?
Has Sony ever heard of "The cat shouldn't blame the mouse for being too fast when it is too fat to chase it?"

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-21, 02:47   Link #8682
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Bull jumps ring and plows into crowd.
Something similar happened here in Mexico a few years back. This bull got a lot more into the stands and hit a lot more people, though.
Old 2010-08-21, 06:06   Link #8683
killer3000ad

Wikileaks founder wanted in Sweden for rape & molestation
Old 2010-08-21, 07:41   Link #8684
LynnieS

Quote:
I would hope that once the Swedish authorities have managed to reach Julian Assange or his attorney, there would be more information about the purported crime given to them than what has been reported. However I think of the man's qualities, I also think that he also deserves justice.

Toilet paper scandal in India "shames" Commonwealth Games host
Quote:
Allegations of corruption and mismanagement are overtaking a tournament that Prime Minister Manmohan Singth said would “signal to the world that India is rapidly marching ahead with confidence.” The Economic Times newspaper, citing internal documents, said organizers bought $80 rolls of toilet paper, $61 soap dispensers and $125 first-aid kits
Japan as number 3 - Watching China whiz by
Quote:
Many of the features of Japanese capitalism that contributed to its long malaise still persist: the country is lucky if its economy grows by 1% a year. Although Japan has made substantial reforms in corporate governance, financial openness and deregulation, they are far from enough. Unless dramatic changes take place, Japan may suffer a third lost decade.
This reads more like an editorial, but it's pretty fascinating, IMHO.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
Old 2010-08-21, 08:21   Link #8685
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
I would hope that once the Swedish authorities have managed to reach Julian Assange or his attorney, there would be more information about the purported crime given to them than what has been reported. However I think of the man's qualities, I also think that he also deserves justice.
I'm all for justice, and I don't think anyone, no matter how famous, should be allowed to get away with rape. But I have to wonder - is it habitual for prosecutors in Sweden to call a press conference and say they're accusing someone?
Old 2010-08-21, 08:24   Link #8686
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
The CIA is getting sloppy. Their setups used to be more credible.
Old 2010-08-21, 08:48   Link #8687
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Boy Scouts testify against troop leader

Quote:
A Boy Scout testified in court Friday that a former troop leader bought him alcohol and inappropriately touched him at least twice last year.

After listening to the boy's testimony and that of a 16-year-old Scout, 35th District Judge Michael Gerou ordered William Arthur Hoefling, 49, of Canton Township, to stand trial.

The former leader of Troop 781 in Plymouth faces 10 counts of criminal sexual conduct, using the Internet to create a crime, furnishing explicit material to children and providing alcohol to a minor.
Old 2010-08-21, 09:27   Link #8688
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
i hope this isn't so some stupid setup by the cia.
Old 2010-08-21, 09:49   Link #8689
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Well assuming that Assange really did have any skeletons in the closet, now would be the time that they'd start coming out with all his recent time in the media spotlight. Of course it's also highly convenient for the people Assange has been embarrassing lately (namely the US government). I suppose maybe this lies in that I don't instantly translate making the government look bad as a sign of positive moral character.

Though Assange is certainly not going to be able to defend himself if doesn't subject himself to arrest in Sweden.
Old 2010-08-21, 13:01   Link #8690
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Arrest warrent has been withdraw.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

What &^%$&)()&^%$##@@# idiot in the CIA thought this was a good idea needs to shot for stupidity.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-08-21 at 13:12.
Old 2010-08-21, 17:36   Link #8691
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

We still don't really know what the specifics of the case was. If this really was extreme inept CIA bungling, I must wonder why Swedish law enforcement even had the warrant out for any length of time.
Old 2010-08-21, 17:36   Link #8692
Hage-bai
Banned

The douchebag has reached Al Gore and Kobe Bryant status.

*EDIT*

To the numbskull who commented/repped the following:

"Not reading the follow-up news, I see. Smear job 101."

Kobe and Al Gore were found to not be responsible for what they were accused of or there was insufficient evidence. Apparently you have no clue what you're talking about...Idiot. No difference from the case of the douche bag propagandist.

Last edited by Hage-bai; 2010-08-27 at 23:30.
Old 2010-08-21, 17:54   Link #8693
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
We still don't really know what the specifics of the case was. If this really was extreme inept CIA bungling, I must wonder why Swedish law enforcement even had the warrant out for any length of time.
wasn't the warrent withdraw on the same day it came out?
Old 2010-08-22, 12:04   Link #8694
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
The American Boy Scouts have been in a death spiral for a decade or more. Between the cult-like fundamentalists who've hijacked it at the national level and its poor monitoring of who is part of the adult leadership... kind of sad. It was a very positive and constructive experience for me in my teens and for my first son when he was in his teens. I wish the international scouting movement better luck.
Old 2010-08-22, 12:18   Link #8695
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
wasn't the warrent withdraw on the same day it came out?
As far as I know yes, but they seem to be still investigating about the other charge of molestation.
Old 2010-08-23, 08:08   Link #8696
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Philippines police charge into hostage bus after shots were heard
Quote:
Manila (Aug 23, Mon): A police assault team charged into a bus with 15 people being held hostage by a gunman in the Philippines, breaking the windows with an axe, CNN's Anna Coren reported from the scene.

The gunman sprayed machine gun fire at the hostages, a police spokesman told CNN. It was not clear whether anyone was killed.

A former police officer who took the tourists hostage in the Philippines had threatened "more drastic measures" if the police approached him, Manila police official Leocadio Santiago told CNN.

There were 25 people, including 22 foreigners, on the tourist bus when Rolando Mendoza boarded it with a gun, Manila district police chief Rodolfo Magtibay said.

Nine hostages have been released, he said. Another one also managed to escape earlier.

Mendoza was demanding his job back, the police told CNN.

He wrote his demand on a board and displayed it in the bus' windshield, the police official said.

CNN
Old 2010-08-23, 08:10   Link #8697
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Update on that. There are four people injured and the number of people killed is still uncertain.
Aaaand the culprit is dead.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-08-23, 08:22   Link #8698
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm waiting for the one-sided human rights psychos who are likely to complain of the police action on the gunman yet remain strangely silent for the lives of the people he gunned down.

We've been having a lot of those people in this country for years. It's such a shame really.
Old 2010-08-23, 08:42   Link #8699
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm waiting for the one-sided human rights psychos who are likely to complain of the police action on the gunman yet remain strangely silent for the lives of the people he gunned down.

We've been having a lot of those people in this country for years. It's such a shame really.
Why does shooting someone invalidate the rights of the shooter? There's a reason criminals have rights and modern countries have this thing called due process. I really shouldn't have to explain why it's a bad thing to say, "well he's a criminal so why should he have any rights?"

Edit: Though reading that article, I'm not sure why it's even relevant. The police didn't seem to do anything out of the ordinary. Surround the bus, negotiate, when the hostages seemed to be in danger move in. Looks like a by the book operation.

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2010-08-23 at 08:52.
Old 2010-08-23, 08:52   Link #8700
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Why does shooting someone invalidate the rights of the shooter? There's a reason criminals have rights and modern countries have this thing called due process. I really shouldn't have to explain why it's a bad thing to say, "well he's a criminal so why should he have any rights?"
My point being that the police, I assume, did what they had to do to stop all of it, but despite that there are actually some groups here in the Philippines who conveniently try to defend the rights of the criminal (which is correct when made in context to criminal rights) yet forget that the rights of those whose lives he put in danger (which is wrong) and thus say nothing in the matter of victim's rights.

It only becomes an issue when the rights of the criminal override the rights of the victims and the debate switches to defending the criminals right's over that of the victims whose rights he has infringed upon. In the end the issue becomes muddled and while the criminals (dead or alive) and their defenders get their shot in the limelight, even the law and the media forget to focus on those who have really suffered in the tragedy because in the end, no amount of personal grievances justifies taking innocent lives.

Honestly one has to live in this country to see the amount of pro-human rights whackjobs who gives human rights a bad name. Human rights of the innocent should always be taken into consideration first before a criminal's.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international