AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-16, 07:10   Link #1401
desrtsku
Nympholept

It's better like this, a lot of people would rage if there's a Toaru Airing next fall, especially if it's Railgun since it's usually J.C A-Team doing it ... if you know what I mean by that
Old 2012-08-16, 07:24   Link #1402
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
And I still don't understand why nothing is being aired this year..
I know there is this railgun PSP game DLC (21.8.) but that's practically nothing compared to anime.

Lets put it this way- Dengeki is already playing for the Index Movie, which in turn takes up most of the Raildex team.

In Fall they're paying for Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (also a JC Staff project) as well as continuing to sponsor for Sword Art Online's second cour.

On JC Staff's own side, they still need to do Little Buster as well as Bakuman, and there's alot of pressure for them to get the former right.

Essentially, whether it's time, money or manpower, everyone is tapped out.
Old 2012-08-16, 19:21   Link #1403
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I actually would prefer Railgun II over Index II, all because of a particular character: Frenda.

Frenda, along with the rest of ITEM, would be given a nice introduction through their fight against Mikoto, and it would really suck to see someone killed in Index to appear in Railgun.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-08-16, 20:45   Link #1404
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I actually would prefer Railgun II over Index II, all because of a particular character: Frenda.

Frenda, along with the rest of ITEM, would be given a nice introduction through their fight against Mikoto, and it would really suck to see someone killed in Index to appear in Railgun.
You got a point here but I prefer an ova for railgun than actual series so they will just stick with the story and not get into slice of life style which the anime presents me while at least the manga gives a different vibes from it.
Old 2012-08-22, 23:33   Link #1405
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
In other news, the official Facebook of HERO TV confirmed that they already broadcast licenses for Index, and we should expect it to be released within 2012.

Well, that was fast.
One reception of the Filipino dub was that it was "miscast". Here's an excerpt from that post I saw on the Hero TV Forums:

"Misaka sounds OLD, Touma sounds WEAK, Kuroko sounds NORMAL (as in, not like the Kuroko we know), Uiharu sounds like anything but sweet, and Saten sounds meh. THIS DUB LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!"

Not sure if that fan was purist or not. But whatever it is, if the dub was really bad and they're set to air Index in September, just imagine how would they cast Accelerator, who's probably THE most awesome character in the show. Cue the cries of rage once his dubbed voice gets horribly raped.
Old 2012-08-23, 04:32   Link #1406
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

They just expect that the Filipino dubbers would pull off exactly the role they are given.

Yes, I agree that Mikoto's voice is really off and so is Touma's, and I hope that they manage to fix that in Index.

Kuroko, however, is one of the closest voices I heard from a Filipino dubber to Satomi Arai herself! She manages to pull off Kuroko most of the time, and I don't think we can get any closer to that anywhere else. Uiharu and Saten are also quite close to their Japanese counterparts.

I think the most perfect one is Tokiwadai's Dorm Supervisor.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-08-23, 08:21   Link #1407
judasmartel
*Author

But I still dread the cries of rage once Accel gets dubbed sometime this September or October. But considering Nobuhiko Okamoto did an awesome job as Accelerator, it feels like it's going to be impossible to dub him completely. Here's to hoping I could watch Railgun on HERO, though we don't have a cable connection at home.

Spoiler for Crack theories about the Filipino dub:

@Another topic: This was a crack theory I had before, but I'm not sure if this was proven or not.

Spoiler for Accelerator Theory:

I would appreciate if somebody had proved or disproved this, thank you.
Old 2012-08-23, 08:34   Link #1408
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Please don't have a discussion in the Q&A thread =_=
Old 2012-10-06, 07:26   Link #1409
BizIT

Dark/Black Wing Accelerator Power Question

Just to quench my curiosity..I would like to know how Accelerator in this mode (Dark/Black Wing) can control other powers? What exactly are these other powers? Are they Esper powers? Can he use all other esper powers including other Level 5 Espers?

Thanks
Old 2012-10-06, 08:07   Link #1410
leukrota

No, no. That's not it. The wings are something extra he gets that can be used for flying, defense or as a very deadly weapon. They are probably connected to something of greater significance, but that's still unexplored. What powers the wings is also still unclear, but he uses them instinctevly... in other words, he doesn't need his high brain function to use them, as opposed to regular esper powers.

If you're talking about that other power
Spoiler:
then he learns to use it with his normal esper ability.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-06, 08:09   Link #1411
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

At this point you can forget about looking at it from a scientific or even Esper point of view.

The only way you're going to find any real clues is if you start reading Aleister Crowley's [Thelema].
Old 2012-10-06, 08:48   Link #1412
BizIT

I knew that the info below was misinterpreted. I have seen many VS Accelerator threads that when in dark wing form he can control/use other esper powers (eg electricity, teleportation, telekinesis, etc), some even claim he can use all esper abilites in Academy city (hardcore Accel fan i guess ).

This is taken from OBD wiki

- Dark Wing: Under this state, he updates and overwrites his own ability to do something supposedly impossible. Through the input of AIM, he can control vectors that supposedly don’t exist as well. And the wings itself are constructed by powers very similar to Telsma, and Index has commented that the wing’s power is comparable to that of a saint. Also, Accelerator’s voice starts to produce weird noises in this state, much like Gabriel. AIM also dispels and otherwise negates magic in the area, it also allows him to control other powers, the wings are made of a material that is exactly the same as Kakine’s dark matter. He has 100 (100 meter long) wings which can disintegrate matter on contact.

i have initially thought it was other esper powers, but now i think yeah its magic
Old 2012-10-06, 08:52   Link #1413
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizIT View Post
i have initially thought it was other esper powers, but now i think yeah its magic
But that's the thing, it can't be magic.
Old 2012-10-06, 08:55   Link #1414
HasuMasu
*Artist

Thought it was Telesma all this time, isn't she an Angel anyway?
Old 2012-10-06, 09:23   Link #1415
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Thought it was Telesma all this time, isn't she an Angel anyway?
Aiwass? No, remember that Fuse=Kazakiri is suppose to be the 'template' in which Aiwass is to appear in the world... Erm, nvm to simplify, Fuze=Kazakiri and Aiwass are essentially the same type of being.

Their wings, as well as Accelerator, are made of AIM.

Kamachi is extremely technical when it comes to his special powers- Even though this is AIM, it's clearly not an Esper ability that can be explain by science, but it's also not a magic ability because Accelerator does not react negatively to it.

That's why I refer you all to the system that Crowley had wrote about call [Thelema], particular the part about the Aeon of Osiris and the Aeon of Horus.
Old 2012-10-06, 09:41   Link #1416
HasuMasu
*Artist

I was actually referring to Accelerator, though I didn't know that part about her wings not being Telesma.
Old 2012-10-06, 09:46   Link #1417
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I was actually referring to Accelerator, though I didn't know that part about her wings not being Telesma.
...Why are you referring to Accelerator as 'she' and 'her' ?
Old 2012-10-06, 09:49   Link #1418
HasuMasu
*Artist

Well there's only one way to know for sure, but until that time I'm just going by what it seems like.
Old 2012-10-06, 09:51   Link #1419
tsunade666

Quote:
It can't be telesma because telesma and aim contradicts each other.

Its both type of power in most extreme ways but in opposite sides of the pole. They cancel out or go against each other or most likely its the word "oppose" each other.
Old 2012-10-28, 23:00   Link #1420
jrdragon2006

where can i find TAMNI Archives drama cds 3-4 sub at?
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a