AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-02-12, 17:12   Link #4781
edgelesspigeon

Out of curiosity, which would be a more accurate plural form of Flame Haze, Flame Hazes or just Flame Haze?
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 17:14   Link #4782
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I believe Flame Hazes is the more accurate pronunciation for it.
Old 2012-02-13, 10:51   Link #4783
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Thank you for your information as always, Cosmic Eagle. If I am not mistaken, both you and Kochiya prefer Eternal Song over the main story of Shakugan no SHANA. Thus, it has to be very special for you two to feel that way. I am glad that your crystal clear explanation has definitely enlightened non-novel readers, like me.

Even though it does not involve Shana and Yuji, I do not mind an additional Shana movie narrating Eternal Song. The more Shana anime, the better. I just could not believe that Season 3 will soon conclude. Sigh, all good things must come to an end.
No....I like Eternal Song.

But the final war against Bal Masque, IE everything from vol 16 onwards reigns supreme for me.

It's more like two different themes really.

The ending of the main story for all the delicious action scenes and blood rushing race to remake the world according to your own desires,

While Eternal Song for the melancholy and tragedy of a bygone age that still reverberates up to the present.
Old 2012-02-15, 12:22   Link #4784
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
No....I like Eternal Song.

But the final war against Bal Masque, IE everything from vol 16 onwards reigns supreme for me.

It's more like two different themes really.

The ending of the main story for all the delicious action scenes and blood rushing race to remake the world according to your own desires,

While Eternal Song for the melancholy and tragedy of a bygone age that still reverberates up to the present.

What I truly feel about Eternal Song cannot be described properly or done with justice, but I will try.

When I started following the Shana franchise in '07, I was very young then. Attracted by the surreal style of the anime, I brought my first Shana manga in HongKong, and it provided me with a lot of inspiration about a lot of stuff, in particular a doujin I was working on back then.

Interested in the Shanaverse, I delved deeper in '09 onwards. I started hunting light novels and familiarising myself with the references and other misc. information about anything I can lay my hands on (artbooks, guidebook for the light novel, forums online etc.) In a way, Shana was also the first true fandom in which I worked hard towards integrating into. (Touhou is my life now, but that is another story :/) It gave me a comforting sense of belonging, as though I was supposed to understand the deeper meanings the author wanted to convey.

Eternal Song is like a long forgotten memory refreshed in my mind. When it was announced, it felt like I had expected it for awhwile already (I had this same feeling when I read vol. 10 of the light novels). In a way, it completed the "past", or the historical aspect of the Shanaverse, the last missing gear in the works of Shana.

tl;dr Eternal Song completes the franchise, in a way I find hard to describe. It gives the final touch needed to truly bring the Shanaverse to life for me.

Thanks for reading ^^
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 13:48   Link #4785
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Heh...Shana was my first LN....you could say it was what brought me into the LN world and drove me to pick up Japanese...holds plenty of memories for me too....

Touhou.....Reimu needs more firepower dammit....quite nerfed since Seirensen
Old 2012-02-16, 04:48   Link #4786
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

*needles forever, but yeah. Shinreibyou was even worse*

Shana is my first legit LN too ^^
Old 2012-02-16, 09:28   Link #4787
AP24

A lot of people say that Shana was their first LN series they followed because the anime was the first light novel-based anime they watched. Shana was after all largely responsible for causing light novels adapted into anime becoming popular at the time.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 13:09   Link #4788
Elf song

Mine was "Shinigami no Ballad" and "Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora" then Shana.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 16:58   Link #4789
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

I just randomly "hunted" for animes that didn't have too many annoying fillers and was focused on young love. LOL
And look what I stumbled upon.
Ec1ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 01:50   Link #4790
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Shana's anime has a lot of annoying fillers actually hehe

S3 so far has been pretty faithful to the LN though
Old 2012-02-17, 01:53   Link #4791
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
A lot of people say that Shana was their first LN series they followed because the anime was the first light novel-based anime they watched. Shana was after all largely responsible for causing light novels adapted into anime becoming popular at the time.
Nah...that's Haruhi no? And maybe Hantsuki and Iriya no Sora if the latter two had more exposure....
Old 2012-02-17, 03:23   Link #4792
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Nah...that's Haruhi no? And maybe Hantsuki and Iriya no Sora if the latter two had more exposure....
Yeah, Shana and Haruhi together made light novel series adapted into anime starting to become popular when both anime first came out.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 19:26   Link #4793
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Haruhi was rather popular already as a LN itself when it first came out, so the anime only caused a further spike in its popularity.
Old 2012-02-20, 17:40   Link #4794
edgelesspigeon

What is the relationship between Sale and Chiara? Is it a mentor-student relationship, platonic, or is there some romantic attraction between them?
Old 2012-02-20, 18:44   Link #4795
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

A partner relationship between those two.
Old 2012-02-21, 09:30   Link #4796
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Partner. They are rather well known amongst the Denizens and Lords.
Old 2012-02-22, 01:31   Link #4797
edgelesspigeon

Thanks for the info, Hooves and Kochiya.
Old 2012-02-25, 21:47   Link #4798
virox

I'm once again confused about the last episode. What's up with Yuuji's Unrestricted Spell that was suddenly activated? Was that EVER mentioned before? What exactly is it?
And does the anime still follow the novel? I've only read the first part of the final novel, and thought episode 19 was well adapted, but episode 20 felt like they took some liberties, but I don't know since I didn't read the corresponding material.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 05:32   Link #4799
reaper_unique

I've read that those rings won't destroy the core, but what will it do? Anyone care to spoil some stuff?
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:13   Link #4800
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
I've read that those rings won't destroy the core, but what will it do? Anyone care to spoil some stuff?
Input a prohibition on eating humans

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen