AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Old 2004-04-30, 11:29   Link #241
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

The ending picture? That will be very important later.
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 11:47   Link #242
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarock
Aaah, excellent. It's just so creepy...
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 11:48   Link #243
musouka

Quote:
As well as practically everything in the opening...
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 12:03   Link #244
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
The opening song is definitely amazing, and the animation for it is excellent. It matches flawleslly, and I've already extracted the opening video sequence and have it saved as a seperate file I can't wait until Dr. Tenma grows his hair out, too. Long hair is great.

I didn't like the ending at first, but now I think it's okay. I love the little mysterious picture and I can't wait to find out what it signifies... anyway, I'm sure I'll grow to like the song more and more as time goes by.
I did the same but with the ending in the episode 1, and I include the part where the little girl goes: "Koroshite...." for extra creepyness. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 12:32   Link #245
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Wow! It's like reading the classics of Agatha Christie. The creepy words of Miss Marple, "Humanity is evil", is just a constant reminder in the show. I just hope the series doesn't turn out to be something supernatural.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 12:36   Link #246
musouka

Quote:
I just hope the series doesn't turn out to be something supernatural.
Spoiler:
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2004-04-30, 12:56   Link #247
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Who is Dracula? Is he/she/it some magical fairy?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 12:59   Link #248
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

no, he's Alucard
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 16:09   Link #249
duskphoenix
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

There have been minor cuts while going at about 2 chapters an episode, so it would seem unavoidable that more significant cuts will be made in order to fit the story into the alloted number of episodes. I'd assume that they will be made from less important characters, a la Dr. Becker.
Spoiler:
duskphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 16:18   Link #250
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I like Dr. Becker a lot, he IS quite a good friend to Dr. Tenma... that is, in the real-life sense...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 16:22   Link #251
Spooky-Electric

Is it weird that I'm making a character chart for Monster?
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 16:42   Link #252
axus

Berserk!!

Hey I'm a big Berserk fan even though I don't know a lot about it besides the episodes and the manga. Not sure about production, artists, etc. Anyways I watched the first 2 episodes of Monster and I'm totally feeling the Berserk vibe. Instead of a castle and armies, it is a hospital and surgeons. And I like it a lot! So I'm hoping this gets as good as Berserk, but I'm curious what are the connections between the two? Anime art style is obvious, but what else?
axus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 17:28   Link #253
musouka

Quote:
So I'm hoping this gets as good as Berserk, but I'm curious what are the connections between the two? Anime art style is obvious, but what else?
It's funny you would mention Berserk. I've had other friends say the same thing, for some odd reason. I can think of a couple of obvious parallels, but rather than spoiling them, I would urge you to keep watching up. This is really a series that I would avoid major spoilers for.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2004-04-30, 19:02   Link #254
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axus
Hey I'm a big Berserk fan even though I don't know a lot about it besides the episodes and the manga. Not sure about production, artists, etc. Anyways I watched the first 2 episodes of Monster and I'm totally feeling the Berserk vibe. Instead of a castle and armies, it is a hospital and surgeons. And I like it a lot! So I'm hoping this gets as good as Berserk, but I'm curious what are the connections between the two? Anime art style is obvious, but what else?
None.

"Berserk" is a manga done by Miura Kentaro.
"MONSTER" is a manga done by Urasawa Naoki.

subtle hint: Deutsche Demokratische Republik
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 19:04   Link #255
lavarock

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
As well as practically everything in the opening...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-30, 19:08   Link #256
lavarock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Is it weird that I'm making a character chart for Monster?
There are some character charts in the manga (at least the version I read), but if you can make a better one that will be great
Old 2004-04-30, 20:03   Link #257
mirichan

Well, I finally saw episode 4.

One thing I noticed and appreciated was the fact the font seemed to be easier to read this time... I know I complained about this last week (when superimposed on pale hospital scenes with their white or pale green background) but this time I had no problem whatsoever... I really appreciate the fact ToTan obviously listen to our comments and I, for once, will continue to stick with them.

And I just loved the voice they gave Monster... very soft and so damn spooky when contrasted with the cruel acts Monster does (hopefully by next week, we'll be able to use the name of Monster? This gets tiresome otherwise and I don't see the point of using a spoiler tag for one's name).
mirichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 21:29   Link #258
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarock
There are some character charts in the manga (at least the version I read), but if you can make a better one that will be great
Really? Do you know where in the manga exactly? I've read through volume 1 and a couple of chapters of volume 2.

I don't want to read the whole Monster manga yet, I just want to keep reading slightly ahead of the anime.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 21:43   Link #259
TronDD
Team the box!

The character charts show up in later volumes. Volume 12 looks like the first one. There are some plot summaries on them too and possibly some other spoilers so be careful what you look at.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 12:29   Link #260
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Really? Do you know where in the manga exactly? I've read through volume 1 and a couple of chapters of volume 2.

I don't want to read the whole Monster manga yet, I just want to keep reading slightly ahead of the anime.
Episode 4 covers chapters 7 and 8, which are the last two chapters of the 1st volume of the manga.
Monster covers exactly two chapters per episode (at least so far), so it's probably safe to say they'll animate it all, since the series will be about 75 episodes or so. Some episodes will probably cover more than two chapters; since the manga has 162 chapters, and that would give Monster 81 episodes. It has already been announced that it'll be 75 or so, so maybe they will cut something (please God, no) or animate more than two chapters in any episode. Also, it would be cool to have the last episode as an 1-hour episode, which would cover about 4 chapters

About the manga... how can you wait, Spooky-san? I can't, really. I read 15 volumes of Monster in one single day or so.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote