AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-27, 12:31   Link #6441
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Heh, lemme guess, the Pelican thought Athena looks like Nagi's mom?

Trolololo trololo trololo ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪

ho ho ho ho ho ♫ ♪

Trolololo ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Old 2010-03-27, 12:37   Link #6442
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
But on a related note, does Athene train pelicans to steal people's hats for her, or what?
more like Nagi threw a rock at the pelican, but maybe it was working for Athena indeed...so she can control the animals now? I wouldnt mind seeing an Athena spin-off of her going into the wild taming animals like Steve Irwin
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 12:38   Link #6443
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgezipline View Post
proves he's good in story telling as well
Not really :/ tbh, as much as the Greek vacation arc was entertaining overall, there are many places where it reeks of bad writing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
But on a related note, does Athene train pelicans to steal people's hats for her, or what?
Actually, the pelican represents Hata in the manga (I call him McGuffin to differentiate between the two). He shows up to steal Nagi's hat every once in awhile to introduce a new plot point (e.g. Hayate's time travel, bases for Nagi breaking the king's jewel).
Old 2010-03-27, 12:39   Link #6444
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

So we now talking bout Athena training pelicans and hunting crocodile......
She might even got stung by an angelfish and die.........
Old 2010-03-27, 13:09   Link #6445
babohtea

No more Irwin please.

Seriously though, that COULD be the magical time hat! We're sure this event isn't a flashback?
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 13:15   Link #6446
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
No more Irwin please.

Seriously though, that COULD be the magical time hat! We're sure this event isn't a flashback?
no...please stop...Hata isnt Kubo....right..? he wouldnt pull such a ridiculous move...right?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 13:16   Link #6447
GDB

Considering she's handing over the ringbox, it has to be at least after the first fight with Midas (ie: 24 hours before the final fight). Since Athena is thanking Nagi, it's very likely to be after the final battle, especially since we saw the "day out on the town" between the fights.

In other words, not a flashback.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 15:40   Link #6448
Used Can

I think the idea behind that scene was to make you think Hayate would get the hat for her. In fact, I thought that much until I saw Athena. Then, Hata basically said "did you think Athena was out? well, think again?".
Old 2010-03-27, 16:06   Link #6449
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Never thought Athena would be the person to retrieve the hat. We got played good, not that I'm complaining.

Now, Athena should be back to Japan sooner than expected with her ship continue sailing. Guess A-tan fans don't need to jump on other ships anymore.

In chapter 266, Hayate told Hina that he got dumped because he made Athena wait for 10 years (clueless as ever). It's a chance Hina, Go, go, go! Who knows, maybe Hina might have a chance to go out with Hayate for awhile, or permantly, or get nuked again...Anyway, her chance suddenly drastically decreased again with Athena re-entered the picture.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 17:30   Link #6450
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
In chapter 266, Hayate told Hina that he got dumped because he made Athena wait for 10 years (clueless as ever). It's a chance Hina, Go, go, go!
Nonoooo... the fact that she has NOT confessed yet is her biggest asset ... I don't see that squandered.

Quote:
Anyway, her chance suddenly drastically decreased again with Athena re-entered the picture.
And why would that be?

Assuming that Athena is no liar, she won't be returning to Japan with him. And Hayate's perspective (wondering when he'll find in love with someone else again) hasn't changed either. It's a cute victory lap for her fans, but pretty much a non-factor for the return to the main arc.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 20:20   Link #6451
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
the fact that she has NOT confessed yet is her biggest asset
That's the very same reason that still gives Hina fans hope , and it probably will be that way until the story ends if she keeps this up (I, honestly, won't be surprised if she will never confess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And why would that be?

Assuming that Athena is no liar, she won't be returning to Japan with him. And Hayate's perspective (wondering when he'll find in love with someone else again) hasn't changed either. It's a cute victory lap for her fans, but pretty much a non-factor for the return to the main arc.
Hayate already returned to Japan with the group without Athena. =P

I think the battle is already between Nagi and Athena again the moment that they met. Of course, Hayate is still very much in love with Athena. By the time Athena comes back (gonna be every soon, I think), Hina should make her move if she wants a chance (If she still hasn't by then, she might as well stay in her shell forever...). But what's the chance that Hayate's going to accept Hina (doesn't have feelings for her + have to stay by Nagi's side until she lets him go) ? Well, I'll leave it your imagination.
Old 2010-03-27, 20:32   Link #6452
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
Nagi is like Tenma from School Rumble she's the main chara but no ones care about her
god this commment is made of win
indr0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 20:53   Link #6453
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I think Nagi is becoming a much better character with her recent developments, and she probably will show more of her charms in the future.
Old 2010-03-27, 20:57   Link #6454
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
I think Nagi is becoming a much better character with her recent developments, and she probably will show more of her charms in the future.
And thanks to that,
All of your will start changing ships to mine xD
Muahahahahahahahaha
and those who are no will be shot xD
Old 2010-03-27, 21:37   Link #6455
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
I lost interest in HnG once, but rejuvenated because I found this awesome character named A-Tan, so basically I'm one of those who skipped the so many chapters out there just to reach the current arc, thus I dont get this 'developments' of Nagi u are talking abt
indr0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 21:58   Link #6456
babohtea

Erm. Even if Nagi becomes a great character, I'll like her, but I'm not going to ship them.. sheesh.

For some reason people always like to ship their favorite characters together, rather than the characters that should be together.

Her developments are still relatively small. Pretty much her breaking the stone. However, considering the amount of development thus for in HnG (which is surprisingly lacking, guys. The most "development" we've got is just seeing character pasts, which isn't actually development). Compared to other characters, she's actually not very far behind, but that doesn't mean she's developed much at all.

HnG hasn't had much development tbh. Most of it is plot and character... definition.
Old 2010-03-27, 22:15   Link #6457
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Erm. Even if Nagi becomes a great character, I'll like her, but I'm not going to ship them.. sheesh.

For some reason people always like to ship their favorite characters together, rather than the characters that should be together.

Her developments are still relatively small. Pretty much her breaking the stone. However, considering the amount of development thus for in HnG (which is surprisingly lacking, guys. The most "development" we've got is just seeing character pasts, which isn't actually development). Compared to other characters, she's actually not very far behind, but that doesn't mean she's developed much at all.

HnG hasn't had much development tbh. Most of it is plot and character... definition.
Loving the assumptions that go into that statement. Neither of my top two favorites do I find plausible shipping targets (and the third doesn't even begin to appeal to plausibilitySquick). I have ships for both of them (I like 'everyone on the side of good is happy' endings, but neither of them are ending up with Hayate.
My favorite shipping is actually lower in favorites than other characters.

Nagi is the character who's grown the most since the beginning. At the start she didn't see any issue with money, now she's actually putting thought into what she earns (if not what she spends), and wanting the money she uses for Hayate's b-day present to be from what she earns herself, not from the stocks she probably bought with her grandfather's money.
She's more 'street smart' than she was at the beginning, when she thought everything had to do with being 'book-smart' (how someone can be successful at the stock market and not be 'street-smart' I'm not quite sure.)

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.

Last edited by Bastion_Arcion; 2010-03-27 at 23:45.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 22:22   Link #6458
babohtea

The assumption about "people" doesn't mean "Bastion Arcion". You took defense too quickly. With that in mind, your entire first "paragraph" is like a counter to an attack that was never there.

Second paragraph I'd agree with. I honestly never saw the events between the beginning of the series and the breaking of the midas stone as significant, but you pretty much summarize the (perceived) significance of her breaking the stone. It's a symbol of materialism, you know?

PS: your location is existence, not existance
Old 2010-03-27, 22:29   Link #6459
5yewy5r

Spoiler for spoiler:
5yewy5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 22:31   Link #6460
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5yewy5r View Post