AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-26, 15:39   Link #141
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
D'awww ... I enjoyed ep 3. A lot. I thought it was touching. Unexpected to find the show continuing to be like this.

Oh - and I enjoyed the new ED too.

8/10 vote from me.

P.S. I wonder who the new folks were at the end before the ep 4 preview?
Old 2012-01-26, 15:44   Link #142
LKK

Hm, a QUALITY moment in ep 3?

Spoiler for ep 3 screen shots:

I like this episode. Tugged at my heartstrings, it did.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 15:48   Link #143
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Hm, a QUALITY moment in ep 3?

Spoiler for ep 3 screen shots:

I like this episode. Tugged at my heartstrings, it did.

It looks like the first img is of the entrance to the elevator while the second is one of the walls of the inside of the elevator, but I could be wrong - if it is a glaring error maybe it will be fixed in the BD releases.

I agree though - it tugged at my heartstrings too!
Old 2012-01-26, 15:52   Link #144
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
It looks like the first img is of the entrance to the elevator while the second is one of the walls of the inside of the elevator, but I could be wrong - if it is a glaring error maybe it will be fixed in the BD releases.
Yes, that's exactly what the 2 images are showing. They're from the same scene in the elevator.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-01-26, 16:16   Link #145
Ray
Garnet

Aww, episode 3 was just so sweet and heartwarming. I love this show so far ~
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 16:53   Link #146
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a much nicer episode than the last one but I do hope they start going in other directions now. Ririchiyo's constant thoughts on her life from before are starting to get a little repetitive and there's not as much comedy as I hoped there'd be.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 17:24   Link #147
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That was a much nicer episode than the last one but I do hope they start going in other directions now. Ririchiyo's constant thoughts on her life from before are starting to get a little repetitive and there's not as much comedy as I hoped there'd be.
And you'll get plenty of comedy with the new characters, maniac! (I only heard the lesbian's maniac! in the preview... Does she usually say it during the episode like in the manga?)
Old 2012-01-26, 18:02   Link #148
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Ahh, this had been a rather sad episode between Ririchiyo and Soushi. Firsty we learn that Ririchiyo didn't have a cheerful past, then she and Soushi have a falling out. I thought she was a little harsh towards him. Well...at least Nobara cheered me up with her perverted ways towards Ririchiyo At least she tried convincing her to make up with him.

Hehe, watching Karuta sparkle at the sight of food makes me smile

I'm amazed the people that insulted Ririchiyo like that were even aloud into the room, let alone invited. I'm glad Soushi stepped in, although, I wanted him to do more than throw liquid at them

Ahh, that was a nice ending though
Old 2012-01-26, 18:59   Link #149
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I'm amazed the people that insulted Ririchiyo like that were even aloud into the room, let alone invited. I'm glad Soushi stepped in, although, I wanted him to do more than throw liquid at them
Well of course they were there, they're new students of the school which is what that party was for. It's not like Soushi could do more, they're just normal humans.

I liked the episode though since it explained that even beyond being a member of a rich family, Ririchiyo was even more separated from the rest of her family because of how much the youkai blood came out in her. Like said in the episode, treated like a good luck charm? That's always a sad thing.

Edit: Forgot to add, I approve of Ririchiyo's lab coat.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2012-01-26 at 19:12.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 19:09   Link #150
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well of course they were there, they're new students of the school which is what that party was for. It's not like Soushi could do more, they're just normal humans.
Hey, you never know, they could have been well known delinquents that could have been banned
Old 2012-01-26, 19:21   Link #151
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

I definitely felt for Ririchiyo as more of her backstory got explained. Sounds like a really tough childhood with even your parents showing more affection towards the "normal" sister. I could see why Soushi's dishonesty towards his admirer would upset her.

It is always possible that Soushi set up that little encounter though. We know that he can be manipulative, but how much so is still a mystery.

Nobara, Renshou and Karuta are entertaining to watch too. I do think Nobara should realize that Renshou is a bro in addition to those other qualities.

It was nice to see how they made up, and how Soushi just spilled water on those jealous little twerps. Ririchiyo spilling water on herself was a heartwarming moment too.

Nice ED with Ririchiyo, and then we see two new characters, a short blonde teenager and a rabbit-eared one. The episode 4 preview looks like they'll bring some more comedy to this.

This episode nets a 9/10 and I still think this is a sleeper show that is quite good.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 19:26   Link #152
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Yes, that's exactly what the 2 images are showing. They're from the same scene in the elevator.
Oops ... I missed what you were trying to say. Apologies for my hasty reading of your post!

In Ep 1 of the anime the paper scroll fella does indeed say that he is in room 3 and the number 3 even flashing on the floor indicator above the doors of the elevator as well.

Spoiler for Ep 3 details - manga comparisons:

Last edited by Flower; 2012-01-26 at 19:41.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 21:33   Link #153
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I liked the episode though since it explained that even beyond being a member of a rich family, Ririchiyo was even more separated from the rest of her family because of how much the youkai blood came out in her. Like said in the episode, treated like a good luck charm? That's always a sad thing.

Edit: Forgot to add, I approve of Ririchiyo's lab coat.
A dark haired, polite yet vorpal tounged youkai loli in a badass longcoat, swiftly approved.

While there are no shortages of characters with similar backgrounds (filthy rich, smart, attractive, seemingly condescending and stuck up, yet a nice person underneath) I can't help but appreciate the slightly different perspective this story is taking. Most of the time the story is told from the receiving end of such characters, it is nice to see it from the other perspective, doubly so since Ririchiyo is actually quite humble.

I also like how she is fairly well adjusted. Being raised on a pedestal as an almost sacred object, confined by masks of false kindness, under such circumstances, she should be the stark raving mad antagonist with a god complex in some action shonen series. Ririchiyo is aware of her privileged position and status, yet conscientious of the fact that it has very little to do with who she is as a person.

Once she masters her own tongue, she will be all powerful.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 21:41   Link #154
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
A dark haired, polite yet vorpal tounged youkai loli in a badass longcoat, swiftly approved.

While there are no shortages of characters with similar backgrounds (filthy rich, smart, attractive, seemingly condescending and stuck up, yet a nice person underneath) I can't help but appreciate the slightly different perspective this story is taking. Most of the time the story is told from the receiving end of such characters, it is nice to see it from the other perspective, doubly so since Ririchiyo is actually quite humble.

I also like how she is fairly well adjusted. Being raised on a pedestal as an almost sacred object, confined by masks of false kindness, under such circumstances, she should be the stark raving mad antagonist with a god complex in some action shonen series. Ririchiyo is aware of her privileged position and status, yet conscientious of the fact that it has very little to do with who she is as a person.

Once she masters her own tongue, she will be all powerful.
I also like how she is portrayed so far ... although I would only add that mastering her sharp tongue is only part of it. It's really deeper reasons that give rise to that. That's what she has to master, in my opinion.

Afaict it's fairly obvious (at least as of ep 3) that the kyuubi-SS is the key to her emotional growth. Once she matures inside then she will be able to control her tongue better, I think....
Old 2012-01-27, 00:26   Link #155
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Since ep3 sub was recently released, I'll put my comments under spoiler.

Spoiler for ep3:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:36   Link #156
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

Spoiler for ep3:
BTW PreSage ... concerning the last point you mentioned as not being very acceptable ... a little more about it is detailed in the manga if you are curious at all.
Old 2012-01-27, 03:46   Link #157
warita
Dai-Youkai

Remember the scene when she was putting her shoes away in the locker and overheard how those two idiots saying bad things about her without knowing a thing about Ririchiyo?

I thought that what she told them was perfect. Every word she said was right..... Just because she comes from a rich family doesnt mean she must be a bad person and the way the guys were talking it was obvious they are simply green with envy and to boost their low selfesteem and feel superior, they need to badmouth somebody who doesnt even deserve it. Also, one would expect them to slander her outside her earshot.... so the fact they made sure she heard it is a clear provocation.

I think you did the right thing Ririchiyo, dont feel bad about it.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 04:49   Link #158
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

That was a heartwarming episode. Seeing the bond of those two grow stronger is what entertains me the most. It was also nice to see more of Richiyo's past and at the same time, it makes me curious about Soushi's background.

I wonder how unique those two new characters are. I'm rather wary of the guy with the bunny ears. That kind of design usually suggests that the character in question is whimsical and love to cause mischief.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 10:06   Link #159
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

Spoiler for ep3:
When they showed those flashbacks of Soushi's past I was like, huh?! I didn't expect something like that at all. I'm reading the manga now because I'm eager to find out more about him and his past.

Usually I tend to dislike loli characters too, but Ririchiyo is becoming an exception. Looking back at her past, there are good reasons for her to have her defenses up as high as they are. Not receiving any love from your parents is extremely traumatic, and seeing how they were capable of loving her sister made it all the worse. I agree that before she stepped on stage, it was very touching the way she turned back and thanked him.

I'm guessing that since he kissed that strange woman without any feelings at all, he didn't think it was wrong. Maybe he's never experienced kissing with real emotions behind it, so he couldn't understand why Ririchiyo would be upset. Perhaps whenever he was kissed before (if he was, he looked kinda experienced at it ) it was an empty act. I'm not condoning what he did at all, I just want to figure him out.
Old 2012-01-27, 10:29   Link #160
LKK

The ironic aspect to Ririchiyo's father's deplorable behavior is that what he said was probably very true. The younger sister most likely was constantly comparabled unfavorably to Ririchiyo by the other members of the family clan. The younger sister probably spent her childhood hearing whispers like "Why couldn't she have been born like Ririchiyo-sama so that we'd be doubly blessed?" I bet if we get to meet the younger sister, she'll be filled with resentment towards Ririchiyo. And with good reason too.

Tags
romance, shounen