AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-15, 23:24   Link #2281
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
No no no, let me tell you, I completely lowered the brightness settings on my laptop and I can still see the lift. Also, my method of using ALT+Print Screen doesn't work like that- I get a similar image now matter how bright my image is on screen. It's the same clip from "Chibi Miki Miki", but whatever I do I CANNOT recreate the screenie I took last week.

Yeah, that's damn scary. Imagine how poor Haruka felt as she hung over it for dear life with a mere 4 fingers. Actually, don't imagine that, it really sucks. ;_;
OK, papermario...
Wait few weeks...
Maybe the bottom will get clearer with each passing weeks and finally you see the ghost of Broducer, and he'll pulling you to the bottom of the pit...

Uuughhh, yaraon has posted images of latest episode...
Must resist...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 23:38   Link #2282
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
OK, papermario...
Wait few weeks...
Maybe the bottom will get clearer with each passing weeks and finally you see the ghost of Broducer, and he'll pulling you to the bottom of the pit...
Azuma, are you making fun of me? >.<
I'm telling you, I'm not crazy! I'm just very, very, very confused. xD With my luck, the pit will be bottomless again by next week or something.
Old 2011-12-16, 04:34   Link #2283
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Azuma, are you making fun of me? >.<
I'm telling you, I'm not crazy! I'm just very, very, very confused. xD With my luck, the pit will be bottomless again by next week or something.
Non non non...
I wont dare to make fun of you sir...

My final advice for you is to ignore that problem and sit nicely waiting for Chibi Miki Miki...
Old 2011-12-16, 07:14   Link #2284
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Am I the only one whose english subs don't appear when watching Imas 24 no matter if it's the 480p or 720p file?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 09:16   Link #2285
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Spoiler for eps24:

And next week...
Full Live Episode...
Moar song, moar moar moar !!!

Spoiler for littledevil:
Old 2011-12-16, 09:29   Link #2286
RJ TAYLER

Well this weeks episode worked me over like a leg-spinner's off-break, had me in knots all way 'round Alice's rabbit hole and back again. Well done now for the next one.
Old 2011-12-16, 10:13   Link #2287
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm torn between Iori Minase Company and Haruka.
Old 2011-12-16, 10:49   Link #2288
tsunade666

what a nice and touching story and there goes the childhood illusion again that guides the idol to her path. I don't know which story is better. Chihaya or Haruka but I enjoyed both story.

Is the next episode the last episode?
Old 2011-12-16, 11:48   Link #2289
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Is the next episode the last episode?
Yup, next episode is the last. Savor it, because it's the end

This episode... while I love Chihaya's episode to death (no pun intended), the previous episode made me reconsider. But this... this episode was so damn fraking PERFECT on every level that I honestly don't know if next week's episode can be have as much impact as this one. Oh who am I kidding, of course it will.

The one scene that stood out for me in this episode (asides from Chihaya being totally homey and ):

Spoiler for 24:

Next week... MY BODY IS LADY!!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 12:10   Link #2290
Midonin
Last Engage

It's not the last last episode. Last broadcast one, yes, but there's going to be an episode 26 on the home media releases.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 12:49   Link #2291
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Needless to say, this was an emotional, but excellent episode.
Spoiler for Episode 24:
Old 2011-12-16, 13:22   Link #2292
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Broducer only had 2 visitors the entire episode.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 13:43   Link #2293
Zavie

Spoiler for Rants for ep 23:

That being said, I will close my eyes for now and be looking forward to next concert episode.
Old 2011-12-16, 14:14   Link #2294
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
No I completely agree with your point that the resolution on the 765pro side was *almost* an asspull and I even have a couple of things to add on. The focus of the drama here was the fracturing 765pro, which made me wonder why it was even necessary for the whole producer drama to even take place at all. It almost seemed like they didn't know where to take the drama in this arc after the last episode with the double shift in the focus of the drama (Haruka's doubts -> Aftermath of Producer Fall -> Back to Haruka's doubts). To say that the fall was a catalyst for her getting the lead and leading to the breakdown is too much of stretch.

Edit: That said, I guess the resolution on the 765pro side was necessary to bring the arc and drama to a close so that we can get the budget blowing Raii-Buu next week, as weakly as it was resolved.

Nevertheless it was a brilliantly directed episode that hits an emotional note (the show's directing is something which I can affirmatively say the series excels at) Taking out producer's incident, they poignantly resolved Haruka's growing doubt and her subsequent loss of goal/objective without overplaying the drama, and the introspection was arguably the focus of the episode. This best part was that this disillusioning and self-realisation she went through was really relatable.

tl;dr Producer fall was meaningless, haruka introspect awesome. Directing and OST amazing as always. 7/10

Last edited by com_gwp; 2011-12-16 at 14:28.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 14:18   Link #2295
Sumeragi
Banned

My Star System is held together by the FORCE. Anyone who disagrees shall face the full power of the galaxy
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 14:34   Link #2296
kitten320

Actually it was mostly Haruka herself who had resolved the whole thing. Some time alone can do miracles sometimes.

Though I have to admit that I liked the fact that it was Chihaya who had spelled things out for everyone, that she knew about the problem from the beginning. It shows that she and Haruka had created a strong bond over time and can easily be called best friends of the show and not only in the show.

Miki has finally started to get plus points back, looks like her selfishness is slowly but surely going away. A huge improvement from back when her centered episode was out.
Old 2011-12-16, 14:45   Link #2297
Divini
Senpai!

Best part of the episode is definitely that conversation between Haruka, Ritsuko, and Miki. Much like Haruka and Producer the last ep.

Hearing Haruka's voice as she's sinking down into despair was just heartbreaking...
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 14:48   Link #2298
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post

That being said, I will close my eyes for now and be looking forward to next concert episode.
They definitely needed the reminder though, it's not like it's an unusual thing for people to so easily get lost in the future that they forget what's important (pretty much the theme of the last two episodes), and it's also not unusual to realize what other people are feeling. People are not mind readers afterall, and the only reason Chihaya even knows what Haruka is feeling is because they're incredibly close. We the audience know what's going on, but those on the field certainly don't. Haruka is unique among the team in that she's the only one who actively realized where 765 was headed, and so took great pains to keep the group together, since she's the one who's been the closest to everyone from the beginning. Everyone knew what was going on, but kept to the... hmmm "excuse" (I've no better word to describe it) of being busy, and couldn't really tell what Haruka was truly feeling. As Iori put it so bluntly, "She should've told us!". If they weren't that close, and were only there for professional reasons they wouldn't even have cared enough in the first place.

The girls didn't need a world-shattering epiphany or anything like that, they just needed a reminder of what they could stand to lose at the rate they're going. I like this kind of subtle drama more, instead of requiring EPIC resolutions all the time (besides, we already got an excellent example of the latter from Chihaya's arc, and it was truly beautiful ).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 15:01   Link #2299
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I think the reason the Producer's accident was added not for the sake of adding drama, but as a wakeup call that they are becoming too distant. Sure, the solution can happen without the accident, but most of the girls wouldn't have noticed until it was too late.
Old 2011-12-16, 15:10   Link #2300
Zavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
They definitely needed the reminder though, it's not like it's an unusual thing for people to so easily get lost in the future that they forget what's important (pretty much the theme of the last two episodes), and it's also not unusual to realize what other people are feeling. People are not mind readers afterall, and the only reason Chihaya even knows what Haruka is feeling is because they're incredibly close. We the audience know what's going on, but those on the field certainly don't. Haruka is unique among the team in that she's the only one who actively realized where 765 was headed, and so took great pains to keep the group together, since she's the one who's been the closest to everyone from the beginning. Everyone knew what was going on, but kept to the... hmmm "excuse" (I've no better word to describe it) of being busy, and couldn't really tell what Haruka was truly feeling. As Iori put it so bluntly, "She should've told us!". If they weren't that close, and were only there for professional reasons they wouldn't even have cared enough in the first place.

The girls didn't need a world-shattering epiphany or anything like that, they just needed a reminder of what they could stand to lose at the rate they're going. I like this kind of subtle drama more, instead of requiring EPIC resolutions all the time (besides, we already got an excellent example of the latter from Chihaya's arc, and it was truly beautiful ).
It's really just me nitpicking, but I still find it odd and unconvincing when all the members being really surprised. Instead of that, if they could just look a bit down, admitting that they know that, but just being helpless in the situation, then come to the mutual understanding with Chihaya and the big surprise later. That would have been better to me.

I know that sometime people need the reminding of their real importance. And I wanted this episode to be that way, not a revelation of some we-all-know secret. That obvious development just really bothered me, that's all.

Like I said, I like how they handle Haruka issue and all, but that part just left a bitter taste in my mouth for the not-so-clever written.

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s