AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2005-12-16, 22:02   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Lightbulb Shuffle! Manga

Thread for discussing the Shuffle! manga Normal rules apply.

Please DO NOT quote entire posts; if you wish to refer to a previous post quote ONLY the parts relevant to your response. Please take care to quoting parts of the "Recovery" post; it is large and we don't want it repeated in every subsequent post!

Original Thread Credit: NeoSam
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-16, 22:02   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Recovered Thread Content

Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2005-12-28 at 13:27.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 01:07   Link #3
pianocello

Some questions about the manga:
(1)How does it compare to the anime? Better? Worse? The storyline is different, right?
(2)The anime had nudity. Does the manga have nudity too?
pianocello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 09:01   Link #4
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
manga has no nudity, its totally clean, alittle ecchi though.
i wanna know... whats the difference between days in the bloom and the original manga?
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 13:26   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

????
I thought "Days in the Bloom" *was* the "original manga". Originally, there's the game. "Days in the Bloom" is the manga based on the game. The other series is a collection of works by a variety of artists ... sort of a massive omake that contains a lot of interesting "in between" events.

I admit my Japanese is rough enough that I might have missed this "original manga" so please enlighten. There are also some novels I gather but haven't been able to locate those.
Old 2005-12-29, 01:47   Link #6
SnakeLegend

so i presume that the original manga's based on the anime/novel?
Old 2005-12-29, 02:24   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

oh hell.. i thought the original source material was the game itself?

Someone nicely explained it before the Great Hack .... but I can't find it now....

I thought it was
game->anime->
->manga
->novel
->manga collections by other artists
((that last stuff happening in parallel))

We need that someone to explain again I guess
Old 2005-12-29, 04:02   Link #8
evil-samurai

@ Vexx The manga has been out longer then the anime, and the novel, manga, anime are all based on the game, though all three could use ideas from each other if they wanted/are allowed to. So.... it goes....

Shuffle! Game (Original Creation)

The Adaptations

-> Official Manga "Days in the Bloom"
-> Anime

-> Novel (More of a continuation of the game story *minus the game endings* and not as much of adaptation) ~still I wonder who will end up with Rin here

-> Un-Official Manga (By different manga artist's which contains New/Different Side Storys to the Shuffle! game (see Vexx's post), So No continuous Story line)

-> Tick! Tack! Game (Is a Original Creation) Its a Sequal from the Shuffle game in a way, more of an extented Nerine arc I think as the events happen after most of the game events but before any of the final endings of any of the girls take place.

I dont know where the Novel or the 'other' manga started, but I'm Sure they started before the anime. EDIT//(See relentlessflame post below) Sorry if It might be a bit confussing ^^;;

EDIT//
Also some information about the Novel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet
The answer is yes. All five novels maintains the same timeline as far as I know. Also their stories are all post-games ones, meaning in this timeline all the events of the game (save the endings) have already happened (You would've got a clue if you look at Sia and Nerine's cover anyway ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianocello
Some questions about the manga:
(1)How does it compare to the anime? Better? Worse? The storyline is different, right?
(2)The anime had nudity. Does the manga have nudity too?
From going on the first Volume

(1) The Manga was alot better in parts compared to the anime, the the storyline is different but as both are based on the game they are similar. e.g we see Rin give Primula a Toy doll and She smiles.

(2) There isn't any major full blown Nudity, well refering to another primula moment she has a clear/white top on in the rain... so you get the picture

Also the there isn't much fanservice e.g Change the angle and bam! panty shots Which makes the manga a little better on that level for me.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2005-12-30 at 05:17.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 04:05   Link #9
SnakeLegend

i remember its:
Novels-->Manga-->Game-->Anime

And thats when i heard Days in the bloom's based on the game, while the original's the one the anime's showing.
Old 2005-12-29, 04:33   Link #10
Wrath88
Kissing...

You know, what some people have said have made me wondered whether they decided to make Tick Tack as a way to appease the fans who weren't happy with Nerine's arc in the anime.
Old 2005-12-29, 04:54   Link #11
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think... that Nerine hit the wa-meter really high with the JP target population..... no one can get enough of Nerine
((or at least demon-eared ladies are hotstuff and sell well))

Unfortunately, we have to speculate to some extent.... but since they expended the money on Tick Tack, its probably a good speculation.
Old 2005-12-29, 04:55   Link #12
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yup, evil-samurai (and Vexx), you've got it.

2003: Game is being developed at Navel

December 2003: First chapter of "Days in the Bloom" manga (official/running story) starts running in Comptiq magazine to drum up publicity for the game

January 2004: Shuffle! Limited Edition game is released

June 2004: First of the Shuffle! characters novels is released (other novels every 3 months or so)

July 2004: First tanks of "Days in the Bloom" and "Comics à la Carte" (misc. stories by various artists) are released (new tanks every 4-5 months)

May 2005: Shuffle! Anime Prologue DVD is released

July 2005: Shuffle! Anime premieres on WOWOW

September 2005: Tick! Tack! Limited Edition game (Shuffle!-based side story) is released

October 2005: Shuffle! On the Stage PS2 Game is released

So basically, it's all based on the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88
You know, what some people have said have made me wondered whether they decided to make Tick Tack as a way to appease the fans who weren't happy with Nerine's arc in the anime.
Well, it probably didn't have much to do with the anime. Nerine didn't really have that much more story in the game either, but they probably felt there was a lot more they could do with her character and her backstory.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2005-12-29 at 04:58. Reason: Added Tick Tack to the timeline
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 10:58   Link #13
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
July 2005: Shuffle! Anime premieres on WOWOW

September 2005: Tick! Tack! Limited Edition game (Shuffle!-based side story) is released
That's like 2 months difference, they could have already planned Nerine's story arc just before it came out. And then, when they compared it with the game, they may have decided that it was a bit unfair to Nerine, and then decided to make Tick Tack.
Old 2005-12-29, 12:18   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88
That's like 2 months difference, they could have already planned Nerine's story arc just before it came out. And then, when they compared it with the game, they may have decided that it was a bit unfair to Nerine, and then decided to make Tick Tack.
Well, I'm sure that Tick Tack was in development since before the start of the 2005 - it's not as if Navel can afford to pay people to do nothing. I really don't think Tick Tack was designed as a consolation prize for anime fans, though, like any software company, they know how to take advantage of a good marketing opportunity... (As the timeline shows, the whole thing has been a carefully orchestrated marketing plan, but we shouldn't expect otherwise. )

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...
Old 2005-12-29, 12:24   Link #15
SnakeLegend

Maybe they'll make sequels to Sia/Kaede/Primula/Asa, alike Tick! Tack!.
i've got an idea about Asa... Rin travels back in time and found Ama and saved her... thats when Rin XXX then YYY and makes Asa looked like a hawt babe... <3 j/k.
well i tried to find the novel in Kino, seems to no valid.
Old 2006-01-14, 03:37   Link #16
DJpNoiEcLipSe
the next best hip hop dj

Send a message via AIM to DJpNoiEcLipSe
shuffle! manga in english??

is there going to be a shuffle manga for english?? sorry if this is a repost.. but yeah.. i hope there is atleast GOING to be a english version later on!!!
DJpNoiEcLipSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 06:11   Link #17
Scnix
Rofle tank.

Send a message via MSN to Scnix
So far only KnKF translated the first 2 chapters.
That's all i've seen now tho.
Scnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 13:18   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The people involved had Real Life interrupts .... I believe KnKF was looking for translation help .. but they may have shelved the project by this point.

I'd try to do something in the way of translation but I simply lack the spare time to do it in any professional looking way. Heck I'm still trying to figure out how they scan the pages of these books without completely destroying the spine.
Old 2006-01-14, 17:33   Link #19
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Heck I'm still trying to figure out how they scan the pages of these books without completely destroying the spine.
Off-topic, but you do usually destroy the spine when you scan manga - at least, if you want high quality. I usually use an iron to melt the glue and carefully pull out the pages. (Edit: I should add - given that manga itself is so cheap compared to the cost of shipping, I've often considered getting two copies - one to debind, and the other to keep "in good shape".)

As for the Shuffle manga, yes, I believe the last word was that KnKF was looking for a group to work with them on the manga. If only there were more hours in the day, and less of those had to be dedicated to work-related pursuits...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-01-14 at 17:46.
Old 2006-01-14, 19:22   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually.. that's not such a bad idea..... with the cost of shipping I could order 3 copies at once, one for me, one to destroy, and one to add to my son's JP teacher's manga collection for teens.