AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-02, 11:50   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Nanoha Fanfic Discussion

The purpose of this thread is the discussion and provision of LINKS to any current or future NanohaFan Fics.

Instead of posting the actual fanfics in this thread, new fanfic threads are created in the Fan Creations forum by the author and links / updates / feedback can be posted in the thread here (if need be an index can be maintained as part of the first post). Pros - Easy to find and easy to spot new updates. Cons - Need to switch to a new thread to read the fanfics, may need higher maintenance by Mods.

This thread can be used as sort of a "links" repository and a place to discuss any Fan Fic projects or current Fan Fics that we're reading. If you want to post your Nanoha Fan Fic, then create a separate thread in the Fan Creations forum where you can post your work and update it as frequently as you want. Come back here and post a link to it.

As mentioned, feel free to post suggestions and discuss ideas for new fanfics or for comments on the fanfic itself but please remember this thread isn't intended to hold the actual fanfic.
Old 2007-03-02, 17:13   Link #2
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So... Shameless self promotion is allowed?
Old 2007-03-02, 17:51   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So... Shameless self promotion is allowed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
new fanfic threads are created in the Fan Creations forum by the author and links can be posted in the thread here
I thought that was clear.

Or you can post links of the fanfic if it's hosted on another site. As long as it doesn't read like an advert or blatantly advertise the site (instead of just the fanfic), it should be OK.

You can also post links to other fanfics (i.e. not your own) if you want to discuss them.
Old 2007-03-02, 18:29   Link #4
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, just checking...
Old 2007-03-02, 18:38   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Okay, three things...

1, I think I kinda mess up the first chapter, sorry about that! The rest were fine though...

2, Yes my grammar is not epic novel material... /rolleyes

3, Please enjoy! (And review!)

Spoiler for nothing really, but I included the summary...:
Old 2007-03-02, 19:55   Link #6
Woden

Um... Can I ask a question that may not be directly related to the series?

If yes, how much should a fanfic be based on the source material? I tried to write something in the past and was scolded for "not knowing what I'm talking about"... That, and given my record on being correct these days, make me a little nervous about trying again. Kind of silly, as the Nanoha series is potentially so open, but I'd still like to ask.

If no, ignore this post.
Old 2007-03-02, 20:06   Link #7
Key Board
Carbon

LOL

fanfics are what the fans make out of it,

I can write a smurf and nanoha crossover at it would still be as valid of fanfic as yours

so in other words, have fun and try not to get into too much arguments *cough*stupidshipingwars*cough*
Old 2007-03-02, 20:25   Link #8
Woden

It's so much fun though... Thanks.
Old 2007-03-02, 20:43   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Most of the problems comes when people write the characters and make them behaviour in a way that is unreal or ofc, something I'm trying not to do...

(This only applies to non-crazy-humor fics...)

Other than that, the rest is up to you...
Old 2007-03-02, 20:55   Link #10
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Good to see a thread on Nanoha fanfic discussion, xris. I salute you. Although I didn't know we can post stories in the Fan Creation Thread.

I'm not going to write Nanoha fanfic in the shortest time (I'm a writer, yes, but I also have real life to take care of) as I'm well aware of the risk of wrongly writing one (although since it is a fan fiction one can write whatever he/she wants to).

Key Board: I agree; I'm also aware that some of the fans will be angry when a Nanoha fanfic is not written to suit their test. *coughs* Arguments tend to lead to flame wars.

Well, that's my thought on this matter.
Old 2007-03-02, 21:18   Link #11
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Damn, all of this is making me starting to cew on my pencil once more. I just opened up winword and started spewing out nonsense...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-03-02, 22:26   Link #12
Nagumo
Random Translator

Heh... fanfics eh...

There are just some things in the world that men, women, and magical constructs/familiars cannot tolerate.

In this particular situation, the patience of two female magical constructs failed.

The limits of tolerance can only be strained for so long and the threat from the adherents of the 'peace through superior firepower' philosophy beating their collective asses could not make them quail with fear forever.

The names of the actors of this fight are simple: Viita and Signum.

Likewise, the cause of their anger at each other was just as simple.

It all started with an innocent glass bottle of milk.

Partly skimmed, 1 litre and made by the nice cows of Hokkaido.

Hayate bought it on a grocery shopping trip yesterday with Shamal for 348 yen.

Zafira put it in the fridge for Viita to drink.

Signum, in need of a drink after her daily morning sword practice, carelessly drank all of it.

Viita woke up late in the morning as usual, and headed to the fridge immediately to find her milk as usual.

The milk was not there, which was not usual.

“ Where is my milk?” A deadly quiet whisper traveled forth from the permanently loli knight.

Last edited by Nagumo; 2007-03-04 at 23:54.
Old 2007-03-09, 03:30   Link #13
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Exclamation

This comes after reading through the first 28 pages of the "Nanoha 100-page Doujin" (yes, the title is given by me) at the image thread, and the idea of a Chrono/Yuuno fanfic came in (NO! I'm not a fan of boy/boy pairing up! It's just one of my crazy ideas for Nanoha fanfic XD). Well, it's because Yuuno was "forcibly" transformed into a girl (ohnoes he's so cute) and Chrono's forced to cosplay as a Goth girl, and I thought I could write a romance/humour/parody fanfic of those twos.

Suggestions, anyone?
Old 2007-03-09, 03:54   Link #14
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sorry dude, my spending all my creative juice on expanding the 'Fate/stay Night' scene with Arf ...
Old 2007-03-18, 01:32   Link #15
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Hmm....I thought I wanted to share my very own Nanoha fanfic.

Title: The Sleeping Lyrical
Note: it started because I was very, extremely, absolutely bored with nothing better to do at the moment. It's a parody of "The Sleeping Beauty", FYI. Discussion?
Old 2007-03-18, 02:26   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, what a coincidence! I was about to present another one of my fics!

Seeing as how several weeks of waiting has yield very little review ...

I've completed this one-shot YuunoxNanoha fic which had some post material from my first fic ( post #5 ), but is mostly a short scene by itself...

Spoiler for summary and link:

... Shouldn't be bad, so far no flames... (unless they're just too lazy )

@ The Sleeping Lyrical
I'm going to be bias about this, also don't take me too seriously as I don't have much experience with Parody fics... IMO, even if it is called a 'Parody', er... Maybe you should tone it down alittle ?

Cause it feels kinda messy...

...Bleh, I'm not even sure what my point is...

Oh yeah, I'm in the midst of completely another collection of oneshots... This time I'm using the not-so-popular pairings...

Spoiler for pairings:

... Stay tuned.
Old 2007-03-19, 19:53   Link #17
DSJFX18
Destiny

Hmmm.. Though I don't write often, I'm planning a Nanoha fanfic. The story was originally to help bridge the gap to StrikerS, so its framework (main plot and ideas) was already developed a long while back. Sigh... Lazy lazy...

Well since I stalled for this long.... (StrikerS is about to air soon...) I'll just wait and absorb the wealth of new information that will come. It'll enable me to be even more faithful to the Nanoha universe. =/
Old 2007-03-23, 11:41   Link #18
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Hmm....I thought I wanted to share my very own Nanoha fanfic.

Title: The Sleeping Lyrical
Note: it started because I was very, extremely, absolutely bored with nothing better to do at the moment. It's a parody of "The Sleeping Beauty", FYI. Discussion?
How come I just discovered this here fic?!!

It wasn't complete(Are you planning on Completing it?) but I loved it.

Just seeing the cast sent me sideways (in a good way.)

Slightly off topic, I just wish your Shuffle! fic was also...you know...>_>yuri
Old 2007-04-06, 21:42   Link #19
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

If I have the time, I'll do a Higurashi story with Nanoha characters.

Ideas are accepted!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-04-07, 04:27   Link #20
Furyou Miko
Equal-fatalities Employer

Send a message via AIM to Furyou Miko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Spoiler for nothing really, but I included the summary...:
Just letting you know, you can't link other people to your LivePreview page on FF.net, you have to link to the story itself.

On that note, I've just started posting a two-arc fanfic that's been hanging around for a while. I scripted Mirrors long before StrikerS was even announced, but only started writing it late last year, and Smoke is a work in progress. How it works is that each chapter I finish of Smoke, I'll include a chapter of Mirrors.

Spoiler for Mirrors:

Spoiler for Smoke:
Closed Thread