AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-02, 20:16   Link #41
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Hey did anyone here read the lost Doreamon comic book or watched the last episode of the anime? I want to know the ending but everyone told me different endings...
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 04:58   Link #42
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Hey did anyone here read the lost Doreamon comic book or watched the last episode of the anime? I want to know the ending but everyone told me different endings...
Spoiler:

Anyway, I really miss this anime. I watched it loooooooonnnggg time ago when I was a kid. Ona ona inina, dekina inina...... <---- also miss this OP song too
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 23:01   Link #43
Yakumae
Queen of the Gum-Gums

Two Questions:

One, is the fansub listed as Doraemon - 1979 different than the one just listed as Doraemon? Or is it just the second episode ...

Two, (the criminal question) has this series been halted? It's been since Feb that the "second" episode has come out. I keep waiting, but I am wondering now if all they will do is those two eps.
Yakumae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 00:35   Link #44
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
And I refer you to:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=46
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...5&postcount=50
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 01:43   Link #45
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Hey to you all doreamon fans out there!

If you could pick ONE, and ONLY ONE, gadget from doreamon's forth dimension pocket, which would it be?

I would pick the tablemat which produces any food. World starvation is OVER!!!

I really liked how the mangaka actually envisioned that remote controlled airplanes will exist today. Very far sighted for someone in the 1970's!
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 12:49   Link #46
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart

If you could pick ONE, and ONLY ONE, gadget from doreamon's forth dimension pocket, which would it be?

I really liked how the mangaka actually envisioned that remote controlled airplanes will exist today. Very far sighted for someone in the 1970's!
The fourth dimension pocket itself.

Remote controlled airplanes did exist back then. Actually, the whole concept of remote controlled toys was invented by a Japanese back in the late 1950s.
Old 2004-05-24, 13:03   Link #47
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart

The practical person in me says: I'll take a life-time supply of the Translator Cake but the megalomaniac in me has always wanted a "What-If" Phone Booth--shaping the world as you see fit

After deliberations, I'll have the phone booth
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 13:14   Link #48
chuddy

Hi guys,

Just found this forum after a google search looking for English translations of the old Doraemon comics

I'm in the UK here... any of you guys manage to find anything like that?

The closest that I've seen can be seen in link below:

http://store.yahoo.com/icomicshop-hk...03tleng01.html

Looks like a translation to help people that can only read chinese to learn english

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

Chuddy
chuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 00:34   Link #49
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Ah~ Back to see this thread alive (however, not thriving ). Well, I have good news for anyone curious to see where Doraemon came from (ie, the first episode). The first episode was actually aired as the 1694th Episode, and we'll be coming out with that subbed soon, so everyone can see how Doraemon originated. We're quite busy now, but we promise to get it out sooner or later.
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 04:35   Link #50
chuddy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
Ah~ Back to see this thread alive (however, not thriving ). Well, I have good news for anyone curious to see where Doraemon came from (ie, the first episode). The first episode was actually aired as the 1694th Episode, and we'll be coming out with that subbed soon, so everyone can see how Doraemon originated. We're quite busy now, but we promise to get it out sooner or later.
Cool - was there a reason for this?

- straight into the action?

Sorry, but this is prob a stooopid question, but are u guys subtitling the original doraemons? If so, how are you releasing these vids? I only watched the cantonese ones as a child. Would be interesting to watch in Japanese
chuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 04:14   Link #51
Shinobi
Ninjitsu Newbie

is this show still running? I remember watching it as a kid when I visited relatives in Asia, that was at least 10, maybe 15 years ago!
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 04:33   Link #52
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi
is this show still running? I remember watching it as a kid when I visited relatives in Asia, that was at least 10, maybe 15 years ago!
It will still be running when you are forty.

Unfortunately, the seiyuus that do the Doraemon cast are in the late sixties now. They have decided that starting from April 2005, there will be a whole refresh of the entire seiyuu cast so that a more younger team can take their place.

I'm assuming just like they replaced Yamada Yasuo's voice with Kurita Kan'ichi for Lupin, they'll hold some kind of "momomane" (mimicry) contest so that the transition will not be awkward as much.
Old 2004-12-26, 07:42   Link #53
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
It will still be running when you are forty.

Unfortunately, the seiyuus that do the Doraemon cast are in the late sixties now. They have decided that starting from April 2005, there will be a whole refresh of the entire seiyuu cast so that a more younger team can take their place.

I'm assuming just like they replaced Yamada Yasuo's voice with Kurita Kan'ichi for Lupin, they'll hold some kind of "momomane" (mimicry) contest so that the transition will not be awkward as much.
Still running? Wow, I never thought Doraemon will last up till now; the last time I watched it was around 1996, then I dropped it. I really enjoyed myself every time i watch it (though it was in Malay dub: pretty good at that time, I really like how they did the dubbing for Doraemon (so husky and so cute; oh, it was done by a 40-year-old mother ). Now that there are groups who plan to fansub this show, I'm so anticipated to watch it (this will be my first experience watching original, Jap-dub, Doraemon).

I'd have the Fourth Dimension Pocket itself, for great justice.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 22:06   Link #54
specineff

Send a message via MSN to specineff Send a message via Yahoo to specineff
i own like half of the whole manga
although its in Vietnamese
i heard that the author died after he finished the publication of the 100th vol.
though i might be wrong
specineff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 20:42   Link #55
FarthingRedFox

Unhappy

Why isn't any1 subbing this?

Aikousha ditched it
Shining Fansubs stalled it for no reason, and won't tell us why they did b/c their forums were currently hacked by the Ayyıldız Hack Team
FarthingRedFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:40   Link #56
ayyo

Because the number of episodes goes to the thousands and beyond? If you want it sub so badly do it yourself.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 22:01   Link #57
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarthingRedFox

Aikousha ditched it
Shining Fansubs stalled it for no reason, and won't tell us why they did b/c their forums were currently hacked by the Ayyıldız Hack Team
Lets start with that raws are very hard to come by if you do not live in Japan. To do it in order is nearly impossible. And as the previous poster said, 1000 episodes, 36 movies and 12 specials later....
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 22:57   Link #58
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

We may have something soon for Doraemon fans.

Or maybe not. Depends on how things go IRL...
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 01:55   Link #59
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980

The recasting is supposed to be on the air in a few months now. Can anyone tell me how it is going?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 02:50   Link #60
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarthingRedFox

Aikousha ditched it
We have it categorized as "stalled", but we're trying to get it back into "active" state. Because Shi-Fa is recovering from months of hiatus, we need to rebuild everything again, and even though this anime is a top priority for me, it isn't for everyone else. And no one will help me translate, so I feel a bit... overwhelmed by the 1700+ episodes existent. But believe me, I won't give up on it this easily.

On a side note, anyone want to help? I actually would like to sub the new version (I've seen a few episodes of it - the art and voices are different and needs getting used to, but the stories remain the same). I just need raws, which I can hardly attain.
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote