AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-11-23, 22:39   Link #1741
Nosauz

I find it ironic that you can call me loud and crass when you yourself admit to overtop pointless drivel, the very traits you define me as. The truth of the matter is you continue to moan and moan about a team that isn't that good, that's beaten a questionable slew of "professional" teams and lost to some very horrible teams. Yet you continue to declare this terrible team the Superbowl Champs of 2011, as if you are the kingmaker. Please the arrogance and ignorance that you display is the same arrogance and ignorance displayed in believing the levies would hold, that evacuating the city was not enough, that the flood waters would not rise as high as they did. Your arrogance deserves our pity but your ignorance and myopic nature cannot and was not forgiven.

On to more important things,

The Titan's are moving toward punishing Young like they did McNair in 2006. This does not bode well for either Fisher or Young staying in Tennessee but I do hope they eventually actually resolve this, because when Vince Young is healthy he can do some amazing things and Fisher is a decent coach. It would be sad to see a franchise player destroyed by petty infighting.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 23:26   Link #1742
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^No, again your speed...I said their is an ebb and flow to all my comments where one might differentiate between my ribbing and my honesty...You have none...You're game is a constant vulgar-laced commonality...I have atleast achieved a little smirk by the fact you seemed to have written your most comprehensive post yet...Decorum, your welcome...
Old 2010-11-24, 00:12   Link #1743
Nosauz

Self Aggrandizement... your "ebb and flow" is nothing more than fictitious construct to mask your pointless drivel.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/comme...ge=hill/101123
This is really disappointing... everything has to be looked through the filter of race, it could be due to a polarizing president but I still feel that race has little to nothing to do with these situations. It's more about control, control over a team, and with the current axing of Childress, Wade, and the possible problems for many other losing coaches such as Singletary and others. It's easy to see that Coaches are desperate to maintain their positions in uncertain times with the new CBA and their longevity in the league directly tied to their players who seemed to more and more embody the qualities of very lazy pigs.
Old 2010-11-24, 00:51   Link #1744
Samari
World's Greatest

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 01:03   Link #1745
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
It's very entertaining though. Let them continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
@Chainlegacy
Why would it only take 1 more superbowl for Brees, he would need 3 total, and multiple seasons making the playoffs to prove the consistency similar to the caliber of Brady who may not win every year and who I truly do hate, has do something special by putting his team in the position to win close games and allow his team to win. I mean it's just the way it works, that's why Kobe still really isn't readily talked about when Jordan is brought up but if he were to win a sixth title he would be more in the discussion to be a greatest of all time player. The point is results matter, and among Manning, Brady, Brees, 2010 Vick, and a small part Rivers, Brady is the most consistent and although I wouldn't pick him for my team I can see his value and his consistency in the playoffs.
I personally think Brady is the best... and I can make that argument based on his postseason success. But if I'm trying to be unbiased, I can say Brees would be on the top tier with another SB win... but not before. I still think Brady is the best QB in the league, actually I think he is the best QB of all time, but I'm a NE fan so I was trying to moderate that stance a bit to account for my bias
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 01:06   Link #1746
Samari
World's Greatest

What do you folks think of Cam Newton? Everyone here in San Francisco is clamoring for Andrew Luck, but I really don't think this team is going to get a shot at him. I'm not sure what new coaching staff is going to come in here, but hopefully it's a regime that knows how to get an effective offense. If we do take a quarterback, I'm guessing we'll be aiming for either Jake Locker or Cam Newton.

I've heard a lot about Cam Newton. Some good news, some unsettling. As a player, can you people give me some details? I plan to watch highlights, but I know those don't always tell the entire story.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-11-24, 01:21   Link #1747
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Jake Locker has been disappointing this year, Ryan Mallett & Nick Foles is probably rated higher by now.

Cam Newton would do good to play another year at Auburn, but circumstances may force him out this year. He has lots of upside and talent (6'6, 250 pounds, I bet a couple of teams would want him to switch to TE or something), but it's extremely raw. So, based off this year, I would say that he wouldn't be a safe pick in the first round, let alone a top-5 pick. I don't think he's even projected that high by most scouts, either. Most boards have him as a 3rd-4th round pick. And he plays in a gimmicky offense as well. Of course, that didn't hurt Tebow's stock, so who knows.

Watch those highlights, though. You'll be entertained.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 01:55   Link #1748
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Jake Locker has been disappointing this year, Ryan Mallett & Nick Foles is probably rated higher by now.

Cam Newton would do good to play another year at Auburn, but circumstances may force him out this year. He has lots of upside and talent (6'6, 250 pounds, I bet a couple of teams would want him to switch to TE or something), but it's extremely raw. So, based off this year, I would say that he wouldn't be a safe pick in the first round, let alone a top-5 pick. I don't think he's even projected that high by most scouts, either. Most boards have him as a 3rd-4th round pick. And he plays in a gimmicky offense as well. Of course, that didn't hurt Tebow's stock, so who knows.

Watch those highlights, though. You'll be entertained.
Just saw some. All he was really doing was looking to run first. That won't work in the NFL. He's going to have to be a pass-first quarterback if he wants to be successful. A lot of his snaps were also from the shotgun. Does he even take snaps from under the center ever? I like the talent, but what I saw just screams "project" to me.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-11-24, 02:28   Link #1749
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Like I said, a gimmicky offense and a projected 3rd-4th round pick. But, if he is allowed back to Auburn next year, he can improve.

Tyrod Taylor was run first when he first arrived a Virginia Tech, and now he is so determined to show that he can play QB in the NFL, he almost refuses to run.
Old 2010-11-24, 05:47   Link #1750
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Like I said, a gimmicky offense and a projected 3rd-4th round pick. But, if he is allowed back to Auburn next year, he can improve.

Tyrod Taylor was run first when he first arrived a Virginia Tech, and now he is so determined to show that he can play QB in the NFL, he almost refuses to run.
I think (read as "hope") Cam will stay... I agree; he has room for improvement.

Last edited by Rajura; 2010-11-24 at 14:56. Reason: Forgot a "
Rajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 07:35   Link #1751
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
It's very entertaining though. Let them continue

I personally think Brady is the best... and I can make that argument based on his postseason success. But if I'm trying to be unbiased, I can say Brees would be on the top tier with another SB win... but not before. I still think Brady is the best QB in the league, actually I think he is the best QB of all time, but I'm a NE fan so I was trying to moderate that stance a bit to account for my bias
I mean I wouldn't say Brady is better than Elway, Favre pre 2011 season, Kurt Warner (I have an unexplicable man crush on him) unless Manning can win another Superbowl it's hard to discuss Manning as the GOAT because he has made some big critical errors in important games but hes still near the top of the mountain. Overall I just can't say Brady is "the best" because there are so many criteria on how good someone is, but he is damn good, 3 superbowls is pretty solid, but you also have to admit that modern era QB's have been helped dramatically helped by rule changes and with the concussion hysteria, their power will continue to rise so it will be hard to just say which QB is best of all time because of the changing rules, and changing league dynamic.
Old 2010-11-24, 10:03   Link #1752
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Ahhhh, Biff...

I feel bad now...
Old 2010-11-24, 14:15   Link #1753
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

dat argument

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 15:09   Link #1754
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
dat argument

^Who Dat???
Old 2010-11-24, 22:35   Link #1755
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Just saw some. All he was really doing was looking to run first. That won't work in the NFL. He's going to have to be a pass-first quarterback if he wants to be successful. A lot of his snaps were also from the shotgun. Does he even take snaps from under the center ever? I like the talent, but what I saw just screams "project" to me.
While run-first doesn't work in the NFL, a QB with the ability to run and pass can make mediocre teams look like absolute garbage, as we saw last Monday. After all, when your QB draws defenders because of his ability to run that would otherwise be in coverage, that's a very nice thing to have.
Old 2010-11-25, 05:39   Link #1756
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
While run-first doesn't work in the NFL, a QB with the ability to run and pass can make mediocre teams look like absolute garbage, as we saw last Monday. After all, when your QB draws defenders because of his ability to run that would otherwise be in coverage, that's a very nice thing to have.
Definitely. Now that Vick has become an effective passer, he's dangerous. Just like Steve Young was.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-11-25, 13:52   Link #1757
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Ahhhh, Biff...

I feel bad now...
WHOOOSH....

sigh... I feel bad now...
Old 2010-11-25, 16:17   Link #1758
ChainLegacy
廉頗

wing you still think we got bad draft picks here in New England?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 20:10   Link #1759
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Roy Williams has a target painted on his back now...I'm actually kinda mad at this loss.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 20:12   Link #1760
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Shoulda watched your blindside Roy, but definitely a heads up rip by Jenkins, though. Dallas was sitting pretty otherwise.

Tags
american football, sports