AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-26, 23:29   Link #11661
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
We don't even know what Bardway is up to, but we know the Golden Dawn isn't a strong enough force to take on those big organizations- She backed out immediately rather than to face the wraith of the UK Queen..
She didn't wanted to be involved with the factions being the Anglicans the ones who tried to rid of her cabal by threatening her sister. Look at the war she went all the way to Russia just to analyze the golden arms and head towards the Arctic, I wonder how she knew the destiny of Gabriel that fast and pick up Touma by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Magnetism might require her to fly around while controlling the sand at the same time. Might as well make a surfboard.
What about something like...
Spoiler for this?:
Old 2011-06-26, 23:41   Link #11662
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
She didn't wanted to be involved with the factions being the Anglicans the ones who tried to rid of her cabal by threatening her sister. Look at the war she went all the way to Russia just to analyze the golden arms and head towards the Arctic, I wonder how she knew the destiny of Gabriel that fast and pick up Touma by the way.

What about something like...
Spoiler for this?:
I never knew when he got that shit. I remember when he first used a trashcan lid.
Old 2011-06-26, 23:46   Link #11663
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Not true. If he already knows that Academy City is up to no good he could have done something like make sure no one else knows he is alive and be that trump card that pops out of nowhere. But that idea is now moot.
This is not about what he can or can't do, this is about what's in his character to do.

And it's in his character to go apologise to the girls that he made worried.

Quote:
Iirc Aleister is stronger than Fiamma who is waaaay stronger than the world in LPSD form. But Aleister is using the world not destroying it. Who says interrupting a festival with no name mercanaries will trouble the world?

Doesn't Aleisters plans involve changing the world?
Because if word gets out that no name mercenaries can go on rampage in Acaemy City, less children would be sent there.

The Dark side works like any covert organization, it's a well oiled machine but no matter how powerful, you can't just go about doing whatever you like in the open- that just raises too many questions. Hamazura said it before, they prefer to do things in secret and there's a reason for that.

Quote:
Armor is still cheesy. But it wouldn't be so bad if it was a shield like Gaaras sand.
Armor is fine, it opens up the Opportunity to show how distorted her personal reality which is the whole point of saying's she's beserking in the first place -_-
Old 2011-06-26, 23:56   Link #11664
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
This is not about what he can or can't do, this is about what's in his character to do.

And it's in his character to go apologise to the girls that he made worried.
Im pretty sure that would have depended on the situation. It's like saying its in character for Touma to have abandoned the star and go with Misaka. A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Either way like I said this idea is moot since it already has a chosen course.

Quote:
Armor is fine, it opens up the Opportunity to show how distorted her personal reality which is the whole point of saying's she's beserking in the first place -_-
I don't know if it was your plan to make a Berserk reference. You probably have a vision of the armor much different than mine. To me it looks like a black sandman.

I think wildness or a bit more brutal use of the iron sand would be enough to show her going berserk.
Old 2011-06-27, 00:00   Link #11665
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I don't know if it was your plan to make a Berserk reference. You probably have a vision of the armor much different than mine. To me it looks like a black sandman.

I think wildness or a bit more brutal use of the iron sand would be enough to show her going berserk.
No, I don't watch/read Beserk, but I was thinking about FMA's Greed Black Carbon Armor, or Soul Eater's Maka's Black Blood Dress Armor
Old 2011-06-27, 00:07   Link #11666
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
No, I don't watch/read Beserk, but I was thinking about FMA's Greed Black Carbon Armor, or Soul Eater's Maka's Black Blood Dress Armor
I haven't gotten any updates on Soul eater for a while. When did that happen?

On topic. Meh. It's not attractive and Iron sand is sharp but I don't think it can be that strong. It can't cut people because then it would be cutting Misaka.
Old 2011-06-27, 00:12   Link #11667
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I haven't gotten any updates on Soul eater for a while. When did that happen?
Maka has the black blood, didn't you know?

Quote:
On topic. Meh. It's not attractive and Iron sand is sharp but I don't think it can be that strong. It can't cut people because then it would be cutting Misaka.
Obviously Misaka had taken precautions to control the flow of the Vibrating Sands to avoid injurying herself.

This is the same concept the Hypersonic Bombers' [Earth Blade] used to slice a river of magma through France. With enough power, Misaka can do the same.
Old 2011-06-27, 00:19   Link #11668
ellifeedn
Thinker

Just because a popular character has an amazing power doesn't mean they're God and can do anything.
Old 2011-06-27, 00:20   Link #11669
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Just because a popular character has an amazing power doesn't mean they're God and can do anything.
...Does that seem like a very God-Like power?
Old 2011-06-27, 00:31   Link #11670
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Maka has the black blood, didn't you?
I didn't know she had a dress of it.
Quote:
...Does that seem like a very God-Like power?
You do know with enough time heating the blade it can split Russia in half.

Also it's a bit of an exxageration. I heard some fan claimed that her power can be strong enough to warp space. There is a limit.
Old 2011-06-27, 00:43   Link #11671
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I didn't know she had a dress of it.
She used her blood to form it, you know, like Chrona.

Quote:
You do know with enough time heating the blade it can split Russia in half.
Mugino's Meltdown can destroy the Earth with enough time, what's your point?

Anything can happen with enough time, and if Academy City have machines that can slice through continents with enough time and material, is that really anything God-like that is awe-inspiring? A Level 5 should be able to do this much.

Quote:
Also it's a bit of an exxageration. I heard some fan claimed that her power can be strong enough to warp space. There is a limit.
Any object with mass in space can warp the fabric of space-time
Old 2011-06-27, 01:23   Link #11672
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

I can't explain it in anyway besides parameter list. Im having fun right now arguing that Curtana can beat FSN Avalon so in the morning I'll be back.
Old 2011-06-27, 03:43   Link #11673
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I can't explain it in anyway besides parameter list. Im having fun right now arguing that Curtana can beat FSN Avalon so in the morning I'll be back.
Wait, what? How can it beat Avalon when Ea wasn't up to it?
Old 2011-06-27, 04:10   Link #11674
tsunade666

curtana ..... beating avalon? but avalon has it's own world. Isolated world. Though curtana cuts up dimension..... makes me also wonder. but how will you argue on that one.
Old 2011-06-27, 04:13   Link #11675
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Ah you're on 4chan too?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-06-27, 04:49   Link #11676
Breidaluk

Ichihanaransai will be like Daihaseisai right? With the liberation of outside people inside the city and everything else? So Nt2 will be just your average vol and in Nt3 something will happen during the festival
Old 2011-06-27, 05:23   Link #11677
Zakoo

Slice of life Index is the best of all Index !
Old 2011-06-27, 05:25   Link #11678
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Ichihanaransai will be like Daihaseisai right? With the liberation of outside people inside the city and everything else? So Nt2 will be just your average vol and in Nt3 something will happen during the festival
Not exactly, the city will be probably open for public, but Daihaseisai was an interschool sporting competition. Ichihanaransai is a cultural festival. From wiki about cultural festivals:
Quote:
Festivals are held to display the students' learning, but many visit the festivals just for fun. Food is served, and often classrooms or gymnasiums are transformed into temporary restaurants or cafés. Dances, concerts and plays may be performed by individual volunteers or by various school "clubs" such as the dance club, the orchestra club, the band club and the drama club.
And for this the students recieve necessary budget (mentioned in light novels) to buy clothes, materials, food... The closest example to how it would look like is Railgun episode 19.

Yes, it is possible that Ichihanaransai will start in NT2 because it is supposed to start in november, which is already in NT1.
Old 2011-06-27, 06:15   Link #11679
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Yes, it is possible that Ichihanaransai will start in NT2 because it is supposed to start in november, which is already in NT1.
Highly doubt so; my reasoning being that if Ichihanaransai starts in NT2, the synopsis would definitely mention it.
Old 2011-06-27, 06:24   Link #11680
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Is that supposed to be what i think it's supposed to be. Because if so, that is seriously disturbing.

Accelerator is one sick, sick man
That's why I still don't understand how anyone can actually like this guy...root for him when he's fighting some great evil maybe but actually like him...

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen