AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 93 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 23.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 10.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 2.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 1.84%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 5.53%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-23, 13:12   Link #501
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
I'm still hoping for a last episode harem ending.

You mean this ending?
Old 2009-03-23, 13:28   Link #502
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gachax777 View Post
Poll Results, haw bad is this episode??
im interested in this poll
i want to hear someones opinion
(´∀`)
There are 26 pages in this thread full of commentary and analysis.... go and read them. Also..... asking "how bad is this ep" tells me you already have a negative opinion. Did YOU watch the episode? Do you need someone else to tell you how bad or good you will think it was? You voted "7".... which indicates you didn't hate it but that it had some problems.

Very strange....
Old 2009-03-23, 13:32   Link #503
othera

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
[IMG]http://imagechan.wakarimasenlol.com
You mean this ending?
o god my eyes Q.Q
Old 2009-03-23, 14:04   Link #504
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There are 26 pages in this thread full of commentary and analysis.... go and read them. Also..... asking "how bad is this ep" tells me you already have a negative opinion. Did YOU watch the episode? Do you need someone else to tell you how bad or good you will think it was? You voted "7".... which indicates you didn't hate it but that it had some problems.

Very strange....
haha busted!
Old 2009-03-23, 15:34   Link #505
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
You mean this ending?
No that's the nightmare ending. Hehe, I meant the ED ending where he is cooking for all 3.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2009-03-23, 15:52   Link #506
Jethro
howtoplay tomoyofighter?

Spoiler for Question:

"Souiu fuu ni dekiteiru"
Old 2009-03-23, 15:53   Link #507
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:

You mean this ending?
This picture is so wrong.

Only Kitamura is allowed to sport such a sexy getup.
Old 2009-03-23, 16:27   Link #508
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

I gave this eps a 9 of 10, owing only to the rapidity of Ryuji's decision to elope with Taiga... Had there been even a 10 second flash of his inner voice RE-proclaiming that he'd "never leave her all alone again." as he'd done before, just before he finds her, I would have totally bought into his yelling out of the "proposal", hook, line and sinker. As it was, I had completely expected something not QUITE as drastic, but similar to this.

The comparison to Suzuka seems apt, but this couple hasn't even kissed, let alone gotten horizontal... Yet, as I've said a few times now, all along this couple has developed into a husband/wife relationship without realizing it. I suppose on learning that Taiga may leave him forever, he blurted out the only logical (read: illogical) conclusion a 17 year old might come to... No big surprise actually, but still a shocking outcome for all parties involved.

The whole "lending money and villas" thing felt a little too stretched for my personal taste, but I could see it as possible given the fantasy situation we're witnessing, Going to the grandparent's home however was all reality and felt correct. The grandparent's doorstep is a place that many, many young, desparate couples have found themselves over the course of human history... Still to ge tthat to work veen better, a scene with Taiga's mother pounding on her apt. door screaming to be let in would have made a good catalyst for the running out...

This show continues to play and I'm looking forward to an interesting ending, even if I was in Monorin's camp, Taiga and Ryuji do seem well suited to one another.
Old 2009-03-23, 17:34   Link #509
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Overall, it was an ok episode. ... I'm angry that I didn't get a kiss scene >.> I mean, I don't think there even was a proper confession scene, but whatever. The whole marriage thing was really quick too, but it was interesting.
One thing I really didn't expect was Ryuuji telling off his mom like that. That was a bit selfish, I thought. Also, Ya-chan just running away, totally didn't expect that either. I thought she was stronger than that, but apparently I was wrong; but I guess we still don't really know what happened yet.

Looking forward to the conlusion
Old 2009-03-23, 17:58   Link #510
Jethro
howtoplay tomoyofighter?

Spoiler for Bolded is what I exactly thought of saying:

Bold text is what I was exactly going to post.

"Souiu fuu ni dekiteiru"
Old 2009-03-23, 19:24   Link #511
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

i hope ya -chan doesn't die/get hit by a car now that ryuuji has said the worst things one could possibly say and she has run away, would be a really lame way to end the series!

amin x ryuuji ending still possible eh?
Old 2009-03-23, 19:28   Link #512
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Was I the only one who giggled like crazy when I read the last bit of this?
I'm sure you aren't the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
This picture is so wrong.

Only Kitamura is allowed to sport such a sexy getup.
It's fine, although Kitamura should be wearing the towel from the beach episode.
Old 2009-03-23, 20:24   Link #513
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Taiga's family is all crap anyways, Ryuuji is the only family she needs. Ryuuji's mother disappeared because she is too afraid to confront her own problems. Granted, Ryuuji was a bit hard on her but in the long-run it was better for Yasuko to see her issues right in front of her face. She no longer has to worry about Ryuuji and needs to get her own life in order. Ryuuji will always do what he believes is right regardless of the consequences to him.
Old 2009-03-24, 03:34   Link #514
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
amin x ryuuji ending still possible eh?
Thats why there was no kiss scence. They are waiting until episode 25. During the wedding ceremony right when the preacher says "if anyone ... speak now or forever hold you peace"

Ami is gonna breakthrough the chapel doors and say

"stop this wedding. I.. I... I love you Ryuji!"

then Ryuji says

" O "
Old 2009-03-24, 04:13   Link #515
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well Ryuji don't care about Ami , she's just a friend or i rather said a schoolmate .
So if she'll said she love him , he'll said "Sorry Ami , i have Taiga , cya"
I don't think Ami will confess , she'll let them be together now
Yeah poor Ami she don't get one chance !
Old 2009-03-24, 04:30   Link #516
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well Ryuji don't care about Ami , she's just a friend or i rather said a schoolmate .
So if she'll said she love him , he'll said "Sorry Ami , i have Taiga , cya"
I don't think Ami will confess , she'll let them be together now
Yeah poor Ami she don't get one chance !
exactly. what's the point of confessing your feelings to someone when you already know that their in love with someone else. The only thing Ami needed to finally let go of any feelings she may have had for Ryuuji, was for him to seriously say that he loves Taiga.

もいちど。。。
Old 2009-03-24, 05:02   Link #517
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
exactly. what's the point of confessing your feelings to someone when you already know that their in love with someone else. The only thing Ami needed to finally let go of any feelings she may have had for Ryuuji, was for him to seriously say that he loves Taiga.
im not sure what the point is, but Minorin confessed her love for Ryuji after knowing that those two loved eachother. *shrug*

I wonder why when Minori asked Ryuji if he loved Taiga and he says "yes" without much thought or adieu.

When Ami asked he got all nervous and says "why are you asking me that?"

I've been rewatching the series so that I will hopefully finish episode 24 again on wedensday in time to watch the finale. I said this once before, but it bears repeating. In the novel I don't think Ami ever really loved (romantically) Ryuji, but in the anime I think there was a time when she had a crush on him.

There was the time when she told him something like minorin is your sun, but if you stare at it too much itll blind you, im not your sun im your equal. im a better match for you than her.
Old 2009-03-24, 05:09   Link #518
gachax777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Very strange....
sorry
i cant use English fluently
i just wanted to hear haw someone vote "bad" feel in this ep
Old 2009-03-24, 07:08   Link #519
Raiga
tl;dr

Waitaminute... it just occurred to me... Ryuuji's maternal grandparents are named Takasu?

I'm also trying to get a rewatch done by tomorrow (up to ep 20). Unfortunately about half an hour after I get home from school tomorrow I have a dentist's appointment. D: whyyyyyy...

I can only hope I can get the torrent started before I leave.
Old 2009-03-24, 08:42   Link #520
MissInformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
I wonder why when Minori asked Ryuji if he loved Taiga and he says "yes" without much thought or adieu.

When Ami asked he got all nervous and says "why are you asking me that?
It's a lot easier to just say "yes" than it is to come right out and say "I love [so-and-so]." Even if the meaning is the same.
Closed Thread