AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-27, 12:36   Link #1241
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Just watched the first 3 episodes.

Though i don't like the chara design (which is too Déjà-vu for me), i really like the atmosphere. It's gloomy, it's even darker than my family reunion !!

I'll definitly stick to the show.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 18:23   Link #1242
Dark Wing

This shows now on my favorites list for this season it's to good not to watch and really reminds me of series like Alien 9, Gunslinger Girls, and Naru Taru (Shadow Star) where author writes fucked up thing happens to young girls just to prove a point...

I really like the realistic gritty stuff you don't see all the time in most anime it's nice change of pace at times.
Old 2011-01-27, 18:28   Link #1243
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by choopo View Post
only 3 episode and getting chooped like mami ?

...Yeah
Well thats Urobuchi for you
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 18:35   Link #1244
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
...Yeah
Well thats Urobuchi for you
Wait he's the one in charge of this?

Oh now I know I'm going to enjoy it!
Old 2011-01-28, 03:05   Link #1245
george1234

Send a message via MSN to george1234
It seems that what happens is that Kyuubey grants wishes right away in exchange to the girl that become mahou shoujo, because after Sayaka saved Madoka it shows her boyfriend to be looking at his hand surprised while moving it because it was healed.

Also this should be the first mahou shoujo anime that has an evil mahou shoujo (the red head girl) who doesnt seem to be controlled be someone else - as it was happening in Fate-chan (of Nanoha)
george1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 03:15   Link #1246
supertonia

Ep 4 gave me this horrible feeling that if the magical girl dies her wish is UNDONE.
Remember homura saying that they are fighting for their wishes?
Old 2011-01-28, 06:32   Link #1247
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Jeez.

She sounds like a really messed up girl based on her character description.

Spoiler for Kyouko unveiled:

Wasn't expecting the wiki to have it so soon. :anger:
Just from that description, I'm guessing Kyoko's been a magical girl for a while and is WAAAY passed the disillusionment stage.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 08:38   Link #1248
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
2ch there has reached over 100 threads, that's over 10K replies. In comparison index is at 280'ish. Madoka is going over take index by the end. This show sure is generating some buzz.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 09:24   Link #1249
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Just from that description, I'm guessing Kyoko's been a magical girl for a while and is WAAAY passed the disillusionment stage.
Or maybe she ways never in that stage to begin with maybe she ways always selfish and power hungry even before becoming an MG. Which brings up a very scary question if just anyone with potential can become a MG whats stopping the contractors form picking the worst girls in the world (personality wise) to have almost unlimited power.
Old 2011-01-28, 12:02   Link #1250
Ichijo

Spoiler for ep4:
Ichijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 02:29   Link #1251
george1234

Send a message via MSN to george1234
She probably means that
Spoiler for Sayaka:

Last edited by george1234; 2011-01-29 at 02:42.
george1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 07:52   Link #1252
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Consider this: when asked what she will do about Sayaka, most subs translate it as "i'm going to beat her down"; but this hardly do justice to her tone of speech. she uses "kutabatte" for "beating someone", thus that line should really be translated "i'm so going to make her SO FUCKING DEAD". "kutabare" is a really vulgar word, underaged (well, anyone) should never say it

Rp 180,-
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 08:06   Link #1253
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichijo View Post
Spoiler for ep4:
I know what you mean... with Sayaka saying that in such a sweet tone too in the preview...

Spoiler for It's gonna be really REALLY sad...:
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 14:49   Link #1254
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm starting to think the reason Madoka hasn't done the obvious revival ritual is more a plot device.

She probably needs to revive miss girlfriend here too...
Old 2011-01-29, 15:02   Link #1255
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Or maybe she ways never in that stage to begin with maybe she ways always selfish and power hungry even before becoming an MG. Which brings up a very scary question if just anyone with potential can become a MG whats stopping the contractors form picking the worst girls in the world (personality wise) to have almost unlimited power.
Yeah, it definately seems that way. She seems like she's possibly mentally unstable!
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 15:06   Link #1256
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
We don't know how "ultimate" that power is, yet.
Old 2011-01-29, 15:14   Link #1257
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
In a sense, no one's power is ultimate, so even if you technically have more magic power, another MG can still take you down if they plan it right and/or ambush you. Mami didn't die from a protected fight she was slowly losing; it was pretty quick.

So if every other MG really is out for themselves, then "ultimate" MG's wouldn't really last long. It seems like the best idea is to mark out a territory and hope no other MG's come to play. Or at least hope they are friendly.

I'm still getting a big empty feeling as to why MG's are so against each other, though. I don't believe the show has explained it good enough. Clearly, there is safety in numbers, and Mami was very willing to work with Madoka. Humankind dealt with this subject in our evolution. We're social and group creatures by nature, because the groups with the "banding together" instinct prospered more than the lone wolf types.

Five girls using just a little of their power to each help take down a witch, would ensure that each of them holds onto their magic powers 5 times as long. Given a statistical drop rate on Grief Seeds, it wouldn't seem to be too hard to store them and ration them out as needed so there is enough to go around. One MG can take down a witch with only a little trouble, apparently, so three or more MG's should make quick work of it. It shouldn't end up much different from an MMO guild that farms a boss over and over, heh.

Obviously, there will be power hungry MG's that don't want to share, but statistically speaking, there should be some people who are willing to team up.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 16:00   Link #1258
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I don't believe the show has explained it good enough.
I don't believe the show wants to explain it to us, just yet.

There's likely more to it then it seems, at least one extra piece to the MG puzzle. One thing's for sure, it probably has nothing to do with the grief seeds, since Mami offered to give it to Akemi. Or maybe we're just not reading the subtext right for that moment. One possible alternative explanation lies with the so called bonuses for defeating witches which I think might go down when cooperating, and go up when fighting more or stronger witches. Now what could those bonuses be...
Old 2011-01-29, 16:15   Link #1259
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I don't believe the show wants to explain it to us, just yet.

There's likely more to it then it seems, at least one extra piece to the MG puzzle. One thing's for sure, it probably has nothing to do with the grief seeds, since Mami offered to give it to Akemi. Or maybe we're just not reading the subtext right for that moment. One possible alternative explanation lies with the so called bonuses for defeating witches which I think might go down when cooperating, and go up when fighting more or stronger witches. Now what could those bonuses be...
It's possible. It's just one of many things I'm waiting for the show to make clearer, and I hope it does before it ends. I hate having to suspend my disbelief over trivial things that could so easily be dealt with.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 17:39   Link #1260
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

2nd BD volume of Madoka Magica is now listed;
http://www.madoka-magica.com/bddvd/02.html
-----

http://animapple.blogspot.com/2011/0...-volume-2.html
Pre-order ranking can't be this good.

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen