AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-03-03, 09:08   Link #701
Kakkou
Tch.

Speaking of questionable choices, Kazutomi Yamamoto winning Best New Actor last year when his resume was nothing but a few small roles and only one lead as Kio in Gundam AGE still utterly befuddles me to this day. But yeah, these awards are nice for being glad for those who won but are best not taken too seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Congratulations, Yuki Kaji. Three Best Actor awards in a row is definitely amazing.
Twice. He won the newcomer award a few years back though, so he does have three awards in total. I may be a huge fan of his but even I'm rather cheesed off by this. Really wanted Ohsaka to win but I admit my hopes weren't very high because of him being attached to Early Wing either. Plus the fact he didn't win the newcomer award last year (yet Yamamoto could) kind of clued me in too.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 09:21   Link #702
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
and some seiyuus will never get awards like Hanazawa Kana.
Why is that? And what is all this about Early Wing?

Just curious.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 10:12   Link #703
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Why is that? And what is all this about Early Wing?

Just curious.
People speculated in the past that these seiyuu awards meant nothing because seiyuus from certain (usually smaller) agencies have never won any awards or have far less chance of winning. Because the awards are usually won by seiyuus from a certain few agencies

A few years ago some people thought that certain agencies declined any awards but this does not seem true anymore in the case of Office Osawa and Haikyo. However Office Osawa seiyuus only have won in the category "best personality" and never in the more main categories.

Early Wing is a fairly new, a not very well known and rather small agency, seeing that their only big names are Imai Asami and Ohsaka Ryota (and iirc 1 year ago Kitamura Eri, but her new agency Ability Soul Pro seems to be a subsidiary of Early Wing)
Because of that i never expected any seiyuu from that agency to win any awards

Last edited by hyl; 2014-03-03 at 10:27.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 05:31   Link #704
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm pretty pleased to see Ayako Kawasumi finally get another lead female role after quite a long period of time. Would be her first new lead/main female character role since Tomomi Saikyo in Ladies versus Butlers! from 2010.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As for Itou Kanae, to be honest I thought I was going to miss her, but Kanemoto Hisako is actually a surprisingly decent alternative that sounds very much like her. I mean, Amy (Gargantia), Kotoura Haruka (Kotoura-san) and Saeki Makoto (Gingitsune) are pretty much what I consider as 'stock characters' for Itou, but at times I thought it was Itou herself speaking there.
Yeah I really like Kanemoto, and she is pretty damn good @ the stock Itou character as well. Heck you mention Saeki Makoto from Gingitsune, Itou was the drama cd seiyuu and Kanemoto ended up getting the gig for the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Only 25.... 10 more years of dominance!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 18:28   Link #705
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Tomoko Kawakami. I didn't know she passed away till last year. I've seen 3 shows with her voice actig which are best student council, nodame cantabile, and battle athletes victory. I loved her voice in BAV as Kris. Her voice was perfect for that role.
Old 2014-03-21, 12:55   Link #706
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...e-acting-scene

This is nice to see, though I'm also somewhat scared that he'll be constantly compared to his older sister.
Old 2014-03-21, 13:22   Link #707
Frontier

I wonder if his voice can match the sensual and seductive one his sister has, but for males .
Old 2014-03-22, 03:49   Link #708
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Koyasu Takehito and Mitsuishi Kotono are my fav seiyuus :3
Old 2014-03-29, 18:11   Link #709
TheSpoilerAlert

Mine will always be Yui Horie <3 I just love her so much! I did get the pleasure of getting her's and Eri Kitamura's autograph at Anime Expo 2010!

-SheeGee

Follow us on Twitter: @AnimeSAP
TheSpoilerAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 12:26   Link #710
DorkingtonPugsly

some of my favs~
Yukino Satsuki
Toyosaki Aki
Yuzuki Ryouka
Mizuhashi Kaori
Koshimizu Ami

I also wana hear more of Tomomi Isomura do her voice for takao's sister. I liked it a lot.
Old 2014-04-07, 09:21   Link #711
justpassingby

A normal version of ABC (only available at certain Sumeragi Wan Live events last year). This PV was shot in the same year and will be included in the limited edition of her new album.

Komatsu Mikako 2nd album on sale May 14th. One of the song is unused from 2 years back (MoPi)

Long hair > Short hair. I have to agree with Matsuoka-kun here.

Mikako-shi did wonder if there was some kind of jinx when she went auditioning for characters (when her hair was long, she got Marika, Neko, Kotori; and she got Saika, Ito and Sei after her birthday last 2 years)

Last edited by justpassingby; 2014-04-07 at 10:07.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 09:55   Link #712
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
A normal version of ABC (only available at certain Sumeragi Wan Live events last year). This PV was shot in the same year and will be available with limited edition of her new album.

Komatsu Mikako 2nd album on sale May 14th. One of the song is unused from 2 years back (MoPi)

Long hair > Short hair. I have to agree with Matsuoka-kun here.

Mikako-shi did wonder if there was some kind of jinx when she went auditioning for characters (when her hair was long, she got Marika, Neko, Kotori; and she got Saika, Ito and Tsugumi after her birthday last 2 years)
Hum... I think I prefer the other version that was the B-side to the Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi ED song single, it's just funkier
Old 2014-04-08, 07:32   Link #713
mweloo

I must say that I've been becoming fond of both Kouki Uchiyama and Kaito Ishikawa recently. Both have an understated, but undeniably compelling/powerful edge to their voices that I don't find in many other voice actors, as talented as they are. Other names worth mentioning, I think, are Ryouhei Kimura and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka.
Asami Seto, Megumi Han and Risa Taneda are quickly rising among the ranks of my favourites as well- their voices are have depth and a grounded quality to them, which makes for enjoyable listening. And while people complain about Kana Hanazawa being overexposed, you can't deny that she's got some serious acting chops. I think her voice is nice, too- it's got a breezy, bell-like quality to it. I haven't really listened to enough of her work to judge her as an actress, but I think Saori Hayami's voice is incredibly beautiful- I'd best describe it as aural candyfloss.
My top 3 remains the same, though: Daisuke Namikawa, Miyuki Sawashiro and Maaya Sakamoto.
PS: I don't suppose there's a thread about VAs who work in anime dubs, is there?

Last edited by mweloo; 2014-06-25 at 01:34.
mweloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 02:18   Link #714
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Happy 33rd birthay to voice actress Rina Sato!
Old 2014-05-04, 20:55   Link #715
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

http://myanimelist.net/people.php?id=212#com278277

Happy Birthday to this Prince of anime who continues to slay with his sexay voice.....No birthday wishes? I'm shocked AnimeSuki.
Old 2014-05-05, 14:30   Link #716
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Happy birthday to Koyasu Takehito.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 20:19   Link #717
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Another king.
Old 2014-06-08, 09:30   Link #718
Kirayuki

Sawashiro Miyuki has announced she just got married several days ago on her birthday (June 2nd)
http://mantan-web.jp/2014/06/08/2014...00046000c.html

Congratulation to her
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 09:49   Link #719
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Congrats to her! Hopefully they'll be happy for a long time.
Old 2014-06-08, 10:03   Link #720
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I've been a fan of hers for so long
this is great news, congratulations to her

though I did kinda die a little inside

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote