AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-15, 08:45   Link #81
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

For Level 5, Crow chose an upgrade leveraging more on his colour of Silver, rather than his flight ability: Optical Conduction. The circumstances of why he did that is a spoiler for V11 and V12.
Old 2013-07-15, 09:10   Link #82
Sunder the Gold

It seems rather plot convenient that he would leave his Level 5 choice dangling for so long.

Ah, I forgot. You don't automatically level up. How long after his last fight with Dusk Taker until Haruyuki spent the points to reach Level 5? Did he wait until it was time for Optical Conduction?

Spoiler:

Also, it's kind of sad that he broke his specialization. Unless he visits Puff the Magic Dragon, we might not get to see Aviation's version of Terminate Sword.
Old 2013-07-15, 18:51   Link #83
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Embarassingly, I forgot when exactly did he Level Up.
Spoiler for Good spoilers:
Old 2013-07-15, 22:36   Link #84
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Spoiler for Huh?:
Old 2013-07-16, 08:39   Link #85
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2013-07-16, 12:43   Link #86
Sunder the Gold

I wonder if that bonus was always there, or if it was the GM subtlely helping out.

I likewise wonder if the upgrades he didn't choose at Level 1 stuck with him, and whether one of them got replaced by Optical Conduction, or if an avatar offers more choices the higher up you go.
Old 2013-07-17, 08:45   Link #87
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

I haven't watch the anime, I am demotivated to because the main character might act so childish and wimpy just like the main character of guilty crown and sakurasou

i wonder how is his character development based on the latest light novel series
Old 2013-07-17, 11:29   Link #88
Sunder the Gold

Haru was pretty badass when it came to defending Kuroyukihime from Cyan Pile.

Before that, he pulled off a beautiful victory against Ash Roller by being courageously willing to try something desperately clever.

Dusk Taker puts him in a REALLY bad state, but he rebounds with some help and proudly faces the thief down again and again.

Really, anyone who watches Haruyuki with contempt rather than sympathy is not a person I want to deal with.
Old 2013-07-18, 20:17   Link #89
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I wonder if that bonus was always there, or if it was the GM subtlely helping out.

I likewise wonder if the upgrades he didn't choose at Level 1 stuck with him, and whether one of them got replaced by Optical Conduction, or if an avatar offers more choices the higher up you go.
V11.4 is set to answer this question.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-18, 20:35   Link #90
Sunder the Gold

So, the number of possible upgrades increase rather than remain set.

I wonder if "external stimuli" include things like conspicuous specialization, such as how Black Lotus believes she was able to choose Terminate Sword because she focused entirely on "one-on-one close combat direct damage with limb-blades".
Old 2013-07-18, 20:57   Link #91
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I don't think so.
Spoiler for Because:
Old 2013-08-08, 09:21   Link #92
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Quote:
Haru was pretty badass when it came to defending Kuroyukihime from Cyan Pile.

Before that, he pulled off a beautiful victory against Ash Roller by being courageously willing to try something desperately clever.

Dusk Taker puts him in a REALLY bad state, but he rebounds with some help and proudly faces the thief down again and again.

Really, anyone who watches Haruyuki with contempt rather than sympathy is not a person I want to deal with.
Hey wait, didn't you call that a fluke win against Ash in the other thread..? -_-

But yeah, as far as the Dusk Taker issue was handled, Haru was incredible. That was my favorite part of the LN in events revolving around Haru thus far.

First of all, he lost his wings. I was keenly interested in finding out how he would continue on despite loosing his avatars strongest ability, and I wasn't disappointed. The way he deduced and tracked down Rust Jigsaw's secret usage of the BIC in just a few minutes? Incredible! I wanted him to apply that same determination in taking down DT(which he did) but also in finding a new strong suit.

I thought he was going to be the first avatar to fly with IS since even Raker implied that his trauma/desire to fly and reach higher made her own look insignificant(the kids max altitude was almost twice that of Rakers after she cut her legs. And he just tested the height on a whim). Coupled with the fact that he got a grip on IS in such a short period of time.. Man Haru really does have some potential. Fearsome even. So I was actually kind of sad when he got his wings back because the trials and tribulations were really only tempering Haru. Refining him into a fearsome burstlinker more and more.
Old 2013-08-08, 12:07   Link #93
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
Hey wait, didn't you call that a fluke win against Ash in the other thread..? -_-
I already addressed that in the other thread, but let me assist your memory:

Quote:
Perhaps I chose the wrong word.

I meant that it was a victory Silver Crow would never win again. From that point on, Ash Roller knows about that weakness and will be on guard against it. Indeed, his IS skill to "surf" his bike without his hands is perhaps a deliberate attempt to counter that particular loss, and it is exactly how Roller prevented Crow from succeeding at the same thing after Crow lost his wings.

I also meant that you should never count on winning a fight through desperate inspiration. When it happens, be grateful, because it just as easily could have NOT happened.
None of this diminishes the fact that it was a courageous, brilliant and beautiful victory.
Old 2013-08-09, 23:52   Link #94
Sunder the Gold

Recently, I was wondering about the possibility of an "ALO Original Sword Arts" sort of level upgrade.

"If Red Rider could spend Burst Points to create Enhanced Armaments," I thought, "could not another Burst Linker have the power to spend Burst Points to gain new Special Attacks?"

Spoiler for Issues:

Reading about Haruyuki's <<Aerial Combo>> "outside-system" skill puts me in mind of that idea. It's not really creating a new Special Attack, but just learning a new application for his existing Aviation ability. It's no different from Kuroyukihime learning <<Soft Act>>, or learning how to chain that soft technique into an embracing grapple for a Death By Embacing attack. Or from Takumu learning that he can use the Pile-Driver on hard floors to speed an advance or retreat.

But what if Haruyuki had chosen Rapid Knuckle instead of upgrading Aviation? It seems like it would have been a waste, since Haruyuki has apparently discovered how to do essentially the same with Aviation, but better.

Though I think that a Special Attack would be like an actual Sword Art, in that Rapid Knuckle would hit harder than the Aerial Combo.

Still, perfecting Aviation was definitely the way to go.
Old 2013-11-05, 00:06   Link #95
AnimeFreak1991

Thumbs down Bad male lead

I consider Accel World to be on the same level as Magikano a solid 1 from 1-10. I would only watch a anime with characters that actually look human. I've never in my life seen any one that resembled the male lead in Accel World. Did they make him look like that to make the anime goofy mixed with comedy? Its hard to consider ever getting threw the first episode with out getting annoyed by the male lead. Was he born with out a neck and spine? I can probably make a anime far better then Accel World with my pencil & line paper. Sincerely a fan of anime not this one but other ones
Old 2013-11-05, 00:26   Link #96
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
For Level 5, Crow chose an upgrade leveraging more on his colour of Silver, rather than his flight ability: Optical Conduction. The circumstances of why he did that is a spoiler for V11 and V12.
Optical Conduction wasn't a level up choice, it was a skill he learnt from
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2013-11-05, 08:37   Link #97
Shiyumi

Does Optical Conduction consume SG.
Old 2013-11-05, 09:19   Link #98
Meltyred

Special gauge? It most likely does, though hasn't really been mentioned.
It did pop up in the special skill page, like his headbutt and aviation abilities so it's pretty safe to say it also uses SG
Old 2013-11-05, 11:23   Link #99
Optimura
Teal Vanguard

Not necessarily.

For instance, Cyan Pile's perforation special technique doesn't consume any Special Gauge, nor does Black Lotus' Termination Sword, so OC might as well be the same.
Old 2013-11-05, 23:59   Link #100
Shiyumi

Normal Skill doesn't consume SG, Limit Skill does. Both of them don't need voice command and can learn from battle or level up. Special Skill can only learn from level up.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters