Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-20, 08:18   Link #141
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Watch the Nami/Luffy/Arlong and Robin on the rooftop scenes in the anime. I cannot think of a single scene in anime more moving/dramatic then that.
One or two (or even a dozen) scenes does not make One Piece a dramatic series (which was El_Frenchie point). While there are certainly moments of drama, One Piece is clearly not a dramatic series; it is an action-adventure-comedy. And while it was the over-the-top scenes/characters mixed with the great storytelling that turned me on the series (and also why it is my favourite of the Shounen Jump series), I would agree with El_Frenchie that Naruto really supplies the drama (technically Bleach does as well, but damn if the drama in Bleach isn't interesting ).

Last edited by james0246; 2010-07-20 at 11:31.
Old 2010-07-20, 08:23   Link #142
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
And let's not even compare it to Bleach, because that would be an insult in itself.
I couldn't help but laff at that.

Quote:
Ah yes, I like Naruto better personally, even though it is lesser writing. I just like the drama in it. It does manage to make you take it seriously from time to time. One Piece is difficult to take seriously, probably because of the goofiness of the characters. I'm sorry, I couldn't feel sad for Ace. Really. I couldn't. I'm not sure why, I just didn't feel it.
Hoe exactly does Naruto make you take it seriously? "Let's die together" or something like that, is what he said to Sasuke, what kind of crap is that, or whatever he said i know it was crap. Now you wouldn't see something like that in One Piece. You don't see Luffy talking his opponent into giving up sometimes do you? Can't say always cause Naruto does kick ass sometimes. Both are good, I do like the fighting in Naruto but I find One Piece better.
Old 2010-07-20, 11:17   Link #143
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Well, Naruto Shippuuden has taken steps towards being taken seriously. It's much different, compared to part I. The death of a number of characters (Jiraiya, most prominently), and the theme, for example, of Pain and the cycle of hatred contribute to this feeling.

Naruto part II actually went a long way. The themes have evolved from just "Save my Nakama!", branching out to other, slightly more complex ones. To me, the story is still well written, it's just that Kishimoto sometimes contradicts himself. And so far Oda hasn't made a mistake like that. Which is surprising, to say the least.

About the Naruto/Sasuke interaction: Considering the likely outcome of them taking each other out like they did in part I, Naruto actually, in my opinion, made a reasonable claim. I can also definitely say that Naruto is capable of rational thought. Luffy tends to overreact and not think too much. Which leads to often hilarious situations.

Anyways, I enjoy Naruto more, you enjoy OP more, let's leave it at that
Old 2010-07-20, 11:43   Link #144
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The M Theory hasn't been confirmed by the Universe or God, so should scientists stop using anything from the theory as facts? Quite a few English speaking scientists disagree with M Theory, does that mean the theory is wrong?
It is impossible to confirm scientific theory in real life, read Popper if you do not know what I am talking about

However, it is possible to confirm theory in fiction, because the author of the fiction is the work's 'God', so to speak, and their word is fact for their work.

Look, I'm not saying you shouldnt talk about it, of courseyou should, and I enjoy your posts like alot of other readers do. But the fact is that your tone misleads alot of readers into thinking what you say is fact when really its not. Do you get my point?
Old 2010-07-20, 23:46   Link #145
marvelB

Well, the first new spoiler pic is out. If the chapter title is any indication, we're in for one f***ing epic chapter here.

As always, I'll make the new thread once all of the info is gathered together......
Old 2010-07-21, 00:04   Link #146
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Omg, cannot wait
Old 2010-07-21, 01:17   Link #147
james0246

Damn the new chapter pisses me off...
Old 2010-07-21, 01:21   Link #148
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Damn the new chapter pisses me off...
You getting pissed off? Preposterous. Now I'm really curious to know what the chapter is about .
Old 2010-07-21, 01:27   Link #149
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You getting pissed off? Preposterous. Now I'm really curious to know what the chapter is about .
Okay, it's more annoyed than actually pissed, and my annoyance is backed by my own preconceptions (which is never good). But, damned am I annoyed .

btw, the entire chapter (minus maybe a page) is out. Someone needs to poke MarvelB to get a new thread opened...
Old 2010-07-21, 01:29   Link #150
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

^ I have a feeling on what this occurance most likely is.

Could it be a certain character has been confirmed to be alive and well?
Old 2010-07-21, 02:04   Link #151
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Too... much... epic. People are seriously going to flip for this one.
Old 2010-07-21, 02:25   Link #152
andy

That chapter some people are really going to like or hate it .
Old 2010-07-21, 03:36   Link #153
Wewetan1

what? Sanji's been turn into a really hot girl?
Old 2010-07-21, 03:53   Link #154
marvelB

Er... yeah, here you go. Sorry for the wait, but AP pretty much crashed from all the traffic, so it took me a while to get everything together.....
Old 2010-08-03, 22:38   Link #155
thez

really amazing!
Closed Thread