AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-02, 01:13   Link #241
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Amazing... actually competitive pricing My wallet is happy again.
Old 2008-05-02, 03:08   Link #242
tenkenX6
Undead Fansub TL/TLC
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
RightStuf/Nozomi ROCK. First they licence Maria-sama ga miteru now they licence ARIA.

I am SO buying that!
I agree. They really caught me off guard by licensing Maria-sama ga Miteru (since I thought maybe this great anime would never really get licensed for the U.S.). And now, they surprised me even more by announcing the licensing of ARIA. Now, I'm really looking forward to buying both ARIA and Marimite. Good times.
tenkenX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 03:54   Link #243
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Do they have a bundle deal for all 3 seasons at a discounted price? I am highly tempted to get this at a reasonable price but I am all the way in southeast asia and thus would like to consolidate most things and ship it at a reasonable price.

I hope for the 3 seasons for around 100USD, add in the shipping charges and it would almost come to the limits I believe I will pay.
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 01:02   Link #244
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So far only the first season seems to be available for pre-order (30SEP08). No word on the following seasons - and if there's a bundled pack it won't probably happen til the end of the year or early next year? (my pure speculation)

I'm now an official member of the ARIA "pre-order club" now.
Old 2008-05-12, 01:57   Link #245
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

As I mentioned in the other thread, there's a coupon buried in Right Stuf's website that will give an additional $5 discount off Nozomi Entertainment. It's around where they talk about the print catalog.

I think that, along with the fact that the preorder price is already a 25% savings off MSRP, that's the best pricing you're going to get for a long time. With the Got Anime membership, the price drops below $30, and you need only add a couple volumes of the manga (with TOKYOPOP manga always 25% off on TRSI, no coupon required) to obtain free shipping within the US.
Old 2008-05-12, 07:17   Link #246
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator View Post
there's a coupon buried in Right Stuf's website that will give an additional $5 discount off Nozomi Entertainment. It's around where they talk about the print catalog.
Can you give us a URL to that coupon? I'm ready to pre-order the first series NOW.
Old 2008-05-12, 10:04   Link #247
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Can you give us a URL to that coupon? I'm ready to pre-order the first series NOW.
It took me some time to find it too. It's on the print catalog page
Old 2008-05-13, 00:28   Link #248
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Oh... I'm dying.
I finally got around to watching the final 3 eps of the last season... manly tears, you guys, manly tears. T_T What a wonderful ending, it may be the best conclusion to a series I've seen.

What makes it more moving is how long ago this series started... show of hands, who has also been watching since October 2005? Two and a half years doesn't seem very long, but how many animes for thoughtful adults have come and gone since then? Bartender, Emma, Sketchbook... Even more shows started before Aria but ended in the meantime... Genshiken, Honey and Clover, original series Legend of the Galactic Heroes... etc. Ahhh, such wonderful shows.

Aria also had special meaning for me... it was recommended to everyone on the old Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou forums when that manga was near the end of its long, long run. Aria has many similar feelings as YKK; what's more, the same band (Choro Club) made very similar music for both Aria and the YKK second-batch OAVs. It felt like Aria continued a genre which YKK (probably) started... and now that it is over... ahhh... it feels like the descendant of the world's greatest piece of fiction (YKK) has faded into history with nothing to carry on the tradition. It's so very sad.

Hopefully some more thoughtful shows will be released. Does anyone know of any being released now, or soon? Currently I'm following the "Gaiden" series of Legend of the Galactic Heroes... that colossal series is the only one which seems to be targeted toward this audience.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 02:05   Link #249
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Well, Ashinano's working on Kabu no Isaki, Kaoru Mori might still be working on Shirley Madison, and Amano's kinda young for retirement at (almost) 34 so it wouldn't be unlikely for her to start a new series. There's also a number of interesting slice of life series and one shots out there by various authors so I don't feel the need to cry "ZETSUBOUSHITA!!!" just yet. Aria's being animated and licensed would hopefully pave the way for other "obscure" titles to get the same treatment.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>

Last edited by G. Zeus; 2008-05-13 at 02:16.
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 06:18   Link #250
nojay
Scanlator

The reason Undine outfits have those long skirts...

From the BBC website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7397426.stm

It appears someone has been going round San Marco Square in Venice for several years with a hidden camera committing what the BBC calls "a cheeky crime".
Old 2008-09-18, 13:08   Link #251
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wah..... given the street date of 30sep08 (as listed by rightstuf.com), I was kind of hoping that my ARIA the Animation collection would have arrived this week in "early to street" tradition.

I've been reading the Tokyopop version of the AQUA/ARIA series. The translation seems fine (dialog is simple after all) but the quality of inking and resolution is quite mixed. May have to put "seeking the japanese releases" on my to-do list.
Old 2008-09-18, 14:14   Link #252
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

The only thing I don't like about the translation of the manga, is the wrong translation of the catchphrases... at least in Aria vol1. (The only volume I have, thanks to a miracle.)

Oh yeah, and the lack of color pages what bothers me.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 14:21   Link #253
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I'm used to Tokyopop missing out the color pages in their releases. A shame really 'cause now and then some have them, just not all.
Old 2008-09-18, 15:19   Link #254
KrebMarkt
Never do well

I'm still waiting for the Aria The Animation release but living in France i must +10 days in addtion to receive my box.

In France Aria has proper manga edition with all the color pages and dust jacket...
The only wrong thing is the translation who don't translate the Hazukashii serifu kinshi! to make it fun or the Dekkai matter.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 17:05   Link #255
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
The only thing I don't like about the translation of the manga, is the wrong translation of the catchphrases... at least in Aria vol1. (The only volume I have, thanks to a miracle.)

aye, its almost a case of I'll read what TP's translator wrote and then mentally substitute what I know *should* have gone there. :P
Old 2008-09-19, 02:22   Link #256
KrebMarkt
Never do well

While waiting for my box of Aria the Animation, i am reading a scanlated non-H Aria Doujinshi

Have fun here :
http://that.animeblogger.net/2008/09...huruya-author/

11 more days to wait for my precious.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 07:21   Link #257
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Yay! Aria Waha 2 is translated! It would be great if I could get the first Waha, if there's one.

Edit: Yes, of course there is one! Not to mention that he did more Aria doujin besides the two Waha. I wonder if those are Non-H, too. If there's any Non-H Aria doujin, I want it.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 16:11   Link #258
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Wah..... given the street date of 30sep08 (as listed by rightstuf.com), I was kind of hoping that my ARIA the Animation collection would have arrived this week in "early to street" tradition.
I was hoping it'd ship this week too. Though I suppose after waiting this long, andother 11 days wouldn't hurt. I could always rewatch the fansubs if I got a sudden urge for Neo-Venezia. I want that 40 page guide book that comes with it and the pre-order postcard set though.
Old 2008-09-19, 17:34   Link #259
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I was hoping it'd ship this week too. Though I suppose after waiting this long, andother 11 days wouldn't hurt. I could always rewatch the fansubs if I got a sudden urge for Neo-Venezia. I want that 40 page guide book that comes with it and the pre-order postcard set though.
Aye... a lovely wonderful person sent me the fansubs of the ARIA series on disk a year or two ago. Pardon me, its time for some hot tea and some ARIA.
Old 2008-09-24, 17:25   Link #260
ricardox

No mention of the post card set on my pre-order (made in May). Does it show up for anyone else?
ricardox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, slice of life