AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-05, 00:12   Link #3901
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Honestly, the most interesting thing was with Orange degeassing Shirley and that was in the last few seconds
Same thing with Suzaku's attempt at exposing Lelouch in episode 5. Both epsidoe had it's Moment Of Awesome, I suppose .

and I won't deny that both epsiodes had it's funny moments, though I think I do prefer more serious development and the like-episodes before any filler/comedy-episodes...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:23   Link #3902
Ring

The development she had until now would most definitely not be a waste if she never betrays Lelouch and continues following him. Season 1 ended with her wondering if she should remain loyal. They needed to build that back up and they started immediately. This foundation is made so that she would lean towards not betraying. In the last episode after all the talking with Nunnally, she was wondering which face is the real Lelouch before Gino came in. After that, I think it all clicked for her.

What some fans are thinking is that if there's no romance between Lelouch and Kallen, it would have been a waste. It would not be wasted even if Lelouch stays single in this series.
Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:26   Link #3903
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring View Post
The development she had until now would most definitely not be a waste if she never betrays Lelouch and continues following him. Season 1 ended with her wondering if she should remain loyal. They needed to build that back up and they started immediately. This foundation is made so that she would lean towards not betraying. In the last episode after all the talking with Nunnally, she was wondering which face is the real Lelouch before Gino came in. After that, I think it all clicked for her.

What some fans are thinking is that if there's no romance between Lelouch and Kallen, it would have been a waste. It would not be wasted even if Lelouch stays single in this series.
well i don't think it will be a waste if it's an ambiguous ending i just Think that Kallen is the most fit at this point in time to understand and help Lelouch.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:26   Link #3904
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Ha, personally, while I'd like to see a romance between Lelouch ands Kallen, it's not like I feel that it's required/complusory, sorta - though it'd be the cream on the cake, sorta .

What I'm hoping for if anything is that they remain friends as such in the end...
Old 2008-08-05, 00:27   Link #3905
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:

But you know that's what goes on in most of their minds that she has to be paired up with someone in the end because it "must" happen which is stupid because she doesn't, but whatever if she dies the story will move on without her
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:29   Link #3906
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

I just hope she lives... and then she will be the one telling the story of Zero...
and Nunally.... well all the lolis...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:33   Link #3907
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
I just hope she lives... and then she will be the one telling the story of Zero...
and Nunally.... well all the lolis...
I'll much prefer Nunnally telling the story of her brother and not Zero
Old 2008-08-05, 00:38   Link #3908
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Could be... hoping that Nunally survives...
the lolis will get the world...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:39   Link #3909
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
Could be... hoping that Nunally survives...
the lolis will get the world...
Yeah, Kaguya, Tian Zi and Nunnally: the future inheritors of the world!
Old 2008-08-05, 00:43   Link #3910
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Yeah, Kaguya, Tian Zi and Nunnally: the future inheritors of the world!
Order of the Triad
Old 2008-08-05, 01:49   Link #3911
honeypie_0106

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Exactly, I never said R2 was a failure, I mention that we are introduced to all these new elements without any backstory whatsoever, I mean we still don't know how Ougi and Viletta survived but yet in the next episode we know they're find. The same thing goes with Orange, how did he and C.C. survived and how did he acquire the Geass Canceller. I also see alot of wasted material in Kallen's backstory during her time being capture, only thing we know is that she's half britanian and her father's a noble and.....that's it and with the last 7 episodes it makes little sense to go back, but now isn't the time or place since the ending will reveal if all this time wasn't wasted.
I never said you said it failed. I just gave an opinion.
honeypie_0106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 01:53   Link #3912
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Uh...C.C. got crushed but surfaced, Jeremiah was rescued by V.V., and Bartley and his techies gave Jeremiah the Canceller. There.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 03:10   Link #3913
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
It's amazing how often this thread goes way off topic.

I tried to just stir up some conversation about a building change in Kallen and Lelouch's relationship/friendship.
I just found it interesting that her time in this cell has been building her understanding of Lelouch and Nunnally. I honestly thought it would be more about trying to tempt her to betray.
I thought that was adorable how Lelouch would pretend to be Santa for her sister. She knew all along, but played along for him.
This really paints different pictures for Kallen. She knows him so much as dark and often cold, with odd moments of tenderness. From Nunnally she sees a kind and gentle person.
If the Black Knights betray Lelouch I think it's these meetings with Nunnally that will keep Kallen from joining them.
Old 2008-08-05, 04:07   Link #3914
Stretch5920

Whether or not Kallen leaves Lelouch depends on who the "real" Lelouch is.

If the "real" him is the kind older brother and wants to do the right thing by making a kind and peaceful world like Nunnally wanted, even if she is dead. Kallen is trying to make her dead brother's wish come true, so if she can calm him down and get him to "be a good boy" then yes she should stay and help him.

If the "real" him is a butthurt crybaby who just wants to hurt the world that hurt him and doesn't care about helping anyone at all only fighting for revenge. The she has no reason to help him and should leave.

And if Lelouch does go with the second option, then he is a loser.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 04:11   Link #3915
Sports72Xtrm

Agreed Stretch
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 04:11   Link #3916
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
he may choose to go the second
and she talks him out of it
Old 2008-08-05, 06:02   Link #3917
Vorhamus
I N C O N C I E V A B L E

Liike... Duude, I watched episode 17, and liike, totally, liike, Rolo was gonna save Nunnaly, and liike, I liike, thought: "Maan, why dont they save Kallen"

But yah', maan, they dont even know where she is, dude...

And liike, Im totally thinkin that, liike, Lelouch, is liike, becomin that same maniac from the end of season 1, ya' know, totally...

Liike, name's Vorhamus y'know, but hey, it's good.
Vorhamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 06:06   Link #3918
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
If the "real" him is a butthurt crybaby who just wants to hurt the world that hurt him and doesn't care about helping anyone at all only fighting for revenge. The she has no reason to help him and should leave.
That's not going to be the "real" Lelouch. As the masks had said, he lies to keep people from knowing the real him, even though in reality he actually desires that people would get to know the real him. He even lies to himself to keep the chain going, the end of Turn 17 had shown him with tears in his eyes in spite of his apparent "resolute decision" to abandon morals and friendship.

Kallen getting to know both sides of Lelouch's personality is good for her, it can help if she sees through his lies and unlike Suzaku she has a chance of succeeding in helping Lelouch.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 06:13   Link #3919
Vorhamus
I N C O N C I E V A B L E

People told me that, liike, Kallen'll be, liike, brainwashed by the Emperor, but I was liike:
"If tha' big boy does that, Orange-kun would just use the canceller on her.''
Vorhamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 07:42   Link #3920
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Whether or not Kallen leaves Lelouch depends on who the "real" Lelouch is.

If the "real" him is the kind older brother and wants to do the right thing by making a kind and peaceful world like Nunnally wanted, even if she is dead. Kallen is trying to make her dead brother's wish come true, so if she can calm him down and get him to "be a good boy" then yes she should stay and help him.

And if Lelouch does go with the second option, then he is a loser.
There is no decision, there is one real Lelouch and one Lelouch that is based on lies. It's not like he decides who is the real him, he simply forces a persona upon himself (hence someone needing to find the real him as hinted at in Ep.15). Somewhere behind the mask of Zero and the facade of Lelouch Lamperouge, is the real face of Lelouch.

Kallen's development has been around three different facets of Lelouch: Zero, Student, Brother. Kallen is, currently (with C.C. reverted to a child), the only character (aside from Suzaku) to have been developed (and extensively) on all three aspects of Lelouch. The word 'real' has appeared many times in her internal monologues about Lelouch. Therein, if she doesn't see through his fake personas, then the entire time of developing her to 'understand the real Lelouch' would have been wasted. There simply is no point to it, if they wanted to make her betray him again because of his lies then they might as well have spared us the development and just left her in fangirl-mode from S1.

Shirley is an example of how they could have done it, they built up her love for Lelouch but did not bring in the 'saving the real Lelouch' part until her last episode. In that, its appearance was tragically ironic in that she threw Lelouch onto his dark path by dieing. They did not spend an entire season stringing it out, they did it in five seconds.

Quote:
The same can be said for C.C./CChi.

Last edited by Var; 2008-08-05 at 08:33.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote