AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-25, 21:35   Link #81
james0246

Let's drop this conversation and focus on the ass kicking. Go Hancock, prove just why you were a Founding Father...
Old 2009-08-25, 21:43   Link #82
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Let's drop this conversation and focus on the ass kicking. Go Hancock, prove just why you were a Founding Father...
I'll do that. This chapter ought to get rid of some of the skepticism that some people had about Hancock's power. Petrifying hordes of enemies and then shattering them with a kick is no joke. I'm looking forward to her utilizing her King's Haki on a worthy opponent.
Old 2009-08-25, 22:55   Link #83
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Hancock's whole indiscretion is amusing, and shows just how bad she can be. Even though's she's hot, i wouldn't want to meet her ever.

I still can't get over Doflamingo though, i expected him to play around a bit, but he went straight for it. I dunno why Moria's mad about it. He did say he wanted his corpse, and a corpse he might have.
Old 2009-08-25, 22:56   Link #84
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
You are just retarded, its not terrible writing you are not just making any sense.

Ok, trouble your brains a little now and think;

WHOS SHADOW OZ WAS USING?

Listen I even answer you, Luffys. Why did every victim whose shadow was stolen was released? Because if shadows original user dies so will shadow and it will be back as corpse.

Moria would not kill Luffy with his spears, if he would Oz would been reduced as corpse and his ideal gumi-gumi powers would be evaporated aswell.

Stop pretending to be so damn all knowing when you really dont know a jack...
Prestige, I know Moria tried to kill Luffy by stalling for the sun to come up.
I know you making the excuse of how Moria not wanting to kill Luffy is ridiculous and would be even MORE bad writing on Oda's part if Moria wasn't trying to kill [Which he was].

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Simple he use his shadow to form shadow box . How do we know he would still have a shadow left to form a spear and how was moria to know that punches and stamps don't work vs luffy. Plus we have no idea how long it takes to form that spear . It rather easy to hit a damage one leg super giant compare to luffy even worst when he in gear 2. If moria did not use Shadow asgard he would have fight everyone there not just luffy but all the SH.
Shadow Asgard was lame, the fact he couldn't control the many shadows was bad writing in itself [How the heck is a so called top class Shichibukai pirate who rivaled an Emperor in the New World not able to handle it's own power? not capable of holding many shadows? Laughable]. What happened to Doppleman? He can use many variations with that technique alone [Body transfer to dodge attacks, turn doppleman into brick bat or anything else like a box or BLADES!!]. And it's not about Moria not knowing that punches wouldn't work on Luffy it's the fact that Moria didn't utilize his abilities fully, like forming blades. When Moria attacked Luffy in the first bout he attacked him with brick bat now who's to say Moria didn't know the bites from the brick bat's wouldn't work on Luffy? Nobody the fact is HE TRIED IT AND DID IT and even in the second bout he hit it with him again. So instead of mini bites from some bats Moria could have easily let loose some spears.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-08-26 at 00:15.
Old 2009-08-25, 23:22   Link #85
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Prestige, I know Moria tried to kill Luffy by stalling for the sun to come up.
I know you making the excuse of how Moria not wanting to kill Luffy is ridiculous and would be even MORE bad writing on Oda's part if Moria wasn't trying to kill [Which he was].
You know?...Maybe Moria assumed Luffy and the others will go into hiding once the sun comes up. And if he had ever decided to kill Luffy, it should be after he lost his mind, around the time he started sucking all those shadows into his body. At that point, I would actually laugh at him, if he had tried to use an attack like that on Luffy, who had the speed and the strength to easily nullify that. If you think about it, his decision is similar to Mihawk's regarding what he used against Whitebeard, by naively thinking that it would have some effect on him. Of course, it is still better than what the Croco-boy did against Luffy. Guess, it must be a trait for all those Shichibukais to make stupid decisions.
Old 2009-08-26, 00:50   Link #86
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Guess, it must be a trait for all those Shichibukais to make stupid decisions.
Naw, I blame the guy who's behind the steering wheel of those characters.
Old 2009-08-26, 02:25   Link #87
drummania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
No, Moria still used Brick bat and shadow box against Luffy after he used Odz. The man simply could have used blades to kill Luffy instead of useless technique [Shadow asgard] and punches against him. Stop with the excuses..Terrible writing.
Perhaps he wasn't trying to kill Luffy? Have anyone thought of that? It was Luffy who wanted to defeat Moria to get back their shadows not the other way round. Moria was just merely defending the whole time until he lost it and and used Shadow Asgard. Remember if Luffy dies, Oz become immobilsed too.
Old 2009-08-26, 02:43   Link #88
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummania View Post
Perhaps he wasn't trying to kill Luffy? Have anyone thought of that? It was Luffy who wanted to defeat Moria to get back their shadows not the other way round. Moria was just merely defending the whole time until he lost it and and used Shadow Asgard.Remember if Luffy dies, Oz become immobilsed too.
Well Moria holding out for that instant death, when sun rays hits someone with out a shadow, implies that he wanted them/him dead. Moria using an island splitting attack with follow ups also imply, playing for lives. When I look at the blueprint, and at that point Moria could care less about the defeated Oz.

but hey that's just me.
Old 2009-08-26, 02:48   Link #89
andy

Until we see pics of the so call spear that moria did we have no idea if would work in fight vs luffy . After moria lost Oars he had to do some thing it was him vs luffy plus SH and everyone else there . So did he Shadow Asgard to buy time until sun came up and to beat luffy. You saying shadow Asgard was stupid but moria did not know that was not going work on luffy. Plus moria in base form would have to fight everyone there . If moria did not do Shadow Asgard the fight would not been luffy vs moria . Unless you want to say the other SH were just going to stand by vs moria after he came out of oars. Plus moria was in control of his shadows just fine until he got hit by a gear 2 jet bazooka .

any way pics are out it going and check them out .

Seem like handcock do some attack that was turning people to stone they could still move but the body look like it was going to fall apart.
so it looks like she can turn people into stone even if they not in love but it takes long not sure about that .
she also do another attacks like pistol kiss but it was alot of hearts compare. to just 1

so look like moria can't form blades after all the name of the attack is Tsuno-Tokage!! (Horned Lizard!! ) kind of hard to miss oars jr with the attack when he falling down and only has one leg.
side note that would be moria second attack that base of a animal.

Last edited by andy; 2009-08-26 at 03:36.
Old 2009-08-26, 03:16   Link #90
james0246

It seems Morai's "spear" is just his Brick bats all being shot in one direction...I'm not sure how effective that would be against Luffy. I mean, does the "spear" gain any sharpness? Or did it just explode its way through Oars? Because if it doesn't have an edge, then its really just a big bat, and a big bat could do very little to Luffy...edit: Aohige translated this technique as "Horned Lizard". which is fairly appropraie considering its shape...

ps. Not only is Hancock kickass cool, she is also hot as hell in this chapter ...sadly enough, DoFlamingo is just cool ...

edit: If Moria could take down Oars in, more or less, one blow, why did he ever think that a zombie Odz would have been enough to fight Kaidou?

Last edited by james0246; 2009-08-26 at 04:08.
Old 2009-08-26, 03:29   Link #91
Prestige

Mildly suprised that Hancock would start slaughtering those pirates and to work with marines but it appears that Hancock kills whole bunch of marines aswell.

Hancock promised to fight against whitebeard but he still hates WG very much and dont mind to cause some extra casualties on marines.

If spoilers are true then this chapter will remove 'no death in OP' stuff in one go, and it is Hancock that starts killing.
Old 2009-08-26, 03:37   Link #92
drummania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Well Moria holding out for that instant death, when sun rays hits someone with out a shadow, implies that he wanted them/him dead. Moria using an island splitting attack with follow ups also imply, playing for lives. When I look at the blueprint, and at that point Moria could care less about the defeated Oz.

but hey that's just me.
He wasn't trying to kill him, not from the beginning anyway. Moria was holding out for the sun rise yes, but NOT the instant death. Every single person Moria encountered and stole shadows from decided to hide in the dark to keep living. He had no reason to think otherwise that Luffy would do differently given that it was the first time he met Luffy. It was Luffy's choice to chase after Moria. Besides it was Oz that set sail of Thriller Bark and move it out of the heavy fog which originally meant to block the sun during the day.

Last edited by drummania; 2009-08-26 at 04:00.
Old 2009-08-26, 03:41   Link #93
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

So it seems as though Ace has been to the country of Wano, the home of Ryuuma and he made many friends along the way, just like Luffy has. The ending scene of the chapter is really sad...Oars just stretchin out his hand, so close to reaching Ace and then just collapsing like that.
Old 2009-08-26, 07:17   Link #94
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Hancock promised to fight against whitebeard but he still hates WG very much and dont mind to cause some extra casualties on marines.
If spoilers are true then this chapter will remove 'no death in OP' stuff in one go, and it is Hancock that starts killing.
And she will ALWAYS been FORGIVEN
WHY YOU ASK?
BECAUSE SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!
Hell she could be standing there ripping somebody's guts out and i still wouldn't give a fuck as long as she looks hot doing it.
Old 2009-08-26, 09:05   Link #95
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

just look at the raw,

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-26, 10:12   Link #96
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post

but hey that's just me.
Nahhh, not saying if Moria wanted to kill or not Luffy, but in Shonen even if people are not fighting to kill each other, the fights and attacks looks in such way.
Old 2009-08-26, 10:29   Link #97
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

edit: If Moria could take down Oars in, more or less, one blow, why did he ever think that a zombie Odz would have been enough to fight Kaidou?

Don't forget that that oars jr was alive, compare to oars who is dead . That move moria do would have not done much harm to oars maybe put a hole in him, but he would still be moving about after that. Also oars was going has some one shadow who strong to make even better . There was also a cock pit for moria to be able to control him .
Old 2009-08-26, 12:55   Link #98
marvelB

Ah, nice to get an early chapter! Y'know, I think Oars Jr. looks pretty badass now that we got an up-close shot of his face (he definitely looks like a younger Oz). Interestingly enough, the marines say that he's still human even though he's a giant (not too surprising for me, since we've seen several freaky normal-sized humans throughout the series already....). Also, I think it really does go to show how insanely strong he was since it took three of the Shichibukai to put him down......

And again, I say that it's great to see Hancock in action this chapter (now to wait for her to reveal her full Haki prowess.....). I also find it awesome that Moria's new technique translates to horned lizard, because it actually references his "Gecko" name (actually, the more I've seen him in recent chapters, the more lizard-like he starts to seem....). Can't wait to see some more Doflamingo action, too! Still, I kinda wonder why Kuma didn't vanish Oars, since that would have kept him away from Ace regardless of the Shichibukai assault. I don't think it should be too difficult for him to paw even a giant of his size halfway across the GL......

By the way, it's also pretty neat that we get another reference to the Wano country this chapter, as well (samurai Ryuuma's homeland, remember ). I wonder if we'll learn about any more NW locations during this storyline.....?
Old 2009-08-26, 13:43   Link #99
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummania View Post
He wasn't trying to kill him, not from the beginning anyway. Moria was holding out for the sun rise yes, but NOT the instant death.
In the beginning Moria was not trying to kill yes, but I am not talking about the
beginning, but the end fight. Moria was holding out for the instant death, and playing to kill, hence all the Killer attacks he pulled out, on Luffy. If Luffy didn't defeat Moria so quickly the SH crew would have be dead by the instant death, hence why half of the SH crews bodies being burned 482.

Even Zoro states Moria is holding out for the sun, and questions will We (The SH crew) be destroyed first, Or will Moria destroy himself first?

but its cool we can agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Nahhh, not saying if Moria wanted to kill or not Luffy, but in Shonen even if people are not fighting to kill each other, the fights and attacks looks in such way.
I understand that, but in feather weight matches such as this, along with circumstances, its easy to spot the difference.
Old 2009-08-26, 14:13   Link #100
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Ah, nice to get an early chapter! Y'know, I think Oars Jr. looks pretty badass now that we got an up-close shot of his face (he definitely looks like a younger Oz). Interestingly enough, the marines say that he's still human even though he's a giant (not too surprising for me, since we've seen several freaky normal-sized humans throughout the series already....). Also, I think it really does go to show how insanely strong he was since it took three of the Shichibukai to put him down......
Took three...? Nah, that was overkill. Either DoFlamingo or Kuma could have destroyed him easily, Moria...maybe (still unclear how his "Horned Lizard" technique works), but DoFlamingo and Kuma definetly...

That being said, when did the Shichibukai move to a position near Ace (or at least close enough to Ace that when Oars fell, he was just meters away from freeing his friend)?

Also, was Oars a member of Whitebeard's crew? He called Whitbeard 'father' for some reason, and so far only crew members talk to Whitebeard so personally.
Closed Thread