AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-18, 12:25   Link #1901
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
A possible thought I had on the Tea Party is that the story we were shown was the 'happy ending' that Battler wrote for Beato. And Bern used it differently then Battler intended. (I don't remember them saying anything about who the gamemaster was, but I could just be forgetting it.)

While it might not be happy in the traditional sense, and even though Beato was killed, she didn't have to dirty her own hands, and the epitaph was solved (not sure if this would be considered happy for her or not, but at the very least I doubt it's any less happy then no one solving it.)

So the whole 'I'm not the game master' could mean that Battler was the game master. If I recall correctly, Bern, at one point, complimented the happy ending Battler wrote for Beato.

I think it'd be a pretty interesting twist in any case.
Old 2010-12-18, 15:34   Link #1902
Geburah

Witch Hunt just finished the full translation patch of EP 7 hurry before it gets cold!!!

Thanks god im not gonna sleep today until 6amxD
Old 2010-12-18, 16:38   Link #1903
Witch of Uncertainty

Playing the scene where Kinzo and Beato are translating the hiding of the gold and dividation of it. I am 90% sure that I hear recycled Higurashi sound effects here.
Old 2010-12-18, 17:04   Link #1904
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Ugh... reading all these love scenes made me realize how utter incestuous everything is. I mean, with all these Beatrice's, and now with all the cousins.
EDIT: Just got to the letter scene.... oh god.. George is so evil if he did what I think he did.

Last edited by Revelation; 2010-12-18 at 17:16.
Old 2010-12-18, 21:17   Link #1905
Rattan

Just started to play the 50%> part.
Thank you, Will, for confirming that Battler's sin, or the trigger, was returning to Rokkenjima.
The hints on EP2 and EP6 about it were right! XD
Old 2010-12-18, 21:21   Link #1906
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Actually I don't think it's exactly that.

Battler's sin is what he did to Shannon, the words he had spoken.
"6 years ago you committed a sin".

Battler's returning to Rokkenjima is what triggered the tragedy, but that is not his sin.

Old 2010-12-18, 22:24   Link #1907
Jaden

Finished.

Ohhhhh, it was so good!! RK07 and the Witch Hunt deserve every penny and praise for this. Simply beautiful, absolutely epic. I want to see an anime of this.

So, the prime Rokkenjima is actually more cruel than any of the tales. Who would've thought.
Then again in the ep6 addendum, Bernkastel is ordered to create a tale - not to show the truth of prime Rokkenjima. So she could just be lying about not being the game master here.
At the very least, I don't buy that stuff about Lion's world ending up the same way. That was just a malicious illusion.

Three statements to back that up:
1. In Lion's world, Battler hasn't committed any sin. Beatrice said that sin is what's causing lots of people to die. I'll trust her word over that cat.
2. Taking the former into account, there's no motive for Kinzo or any of the servants to bring out the epitaph. (so it's a tale without heart)
3. Bern has an obsessive grudge against Beatrice, so she is likely to make this kind of stuff up.
Old 2010-12-19, 03:12   Link #1908
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Reading the EP7 Tea Party, and I can say is...

Mammon must be having a field day with that much GREED.
Old 2010-12-19, 03:15   Link #1909
savk696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Finished.

Ohhhhh, it was so good!! RK07 and the Witch Hunt deserve every penny and praise for this. Simply beautiful, absolutely epic. I want to see an anime of this.

So, the prime Rokkenjima is actually more cruel than any of the tales. Who would've thought.
Then again in the ep6 addendum, Bernkastel is ordered to create a tale - not to show the truth of prime Rokkenjima. So she could just be lying about not being the game master here.
At the very least, I don't buy that stuff about Lion's world ending up the same way. That was just a malicious illusion.

Three statements to back that up:
1. In Lion's world, Battler hasn't committed any sin. Beatrice said that sin is what's causing lots of people to die. I'll trust her word over that cat.
2. Taking the former into account, there's no motive for Kinzo or any of the servants to bring out the epitaph. (so it's a tale without heart)
3. Bern has an obsessive grudge against Beatrice, so she is likely to make this kind of stuff up.
First time posting and I just want to mention a big thank you to RK07 for this epic tale and The Witch Hunters for their dedication and hard work translating this story, you guys did an amazing job.

Jaden I have a problem with your first statement, even though In Lion's world there is no witch, but it still does not indicate that Battler did not commit the sin. Wasn't the sin of not remembering hes proclamation to Shannon that he "will come on a white horse and rescue her?"

It is possible that the murder can still carry out, but Bernkastel's assertion that it was Rudolf and Kyrie who commited the murders has no substantial proof. I don't know about any one else, but I have not seen any proof in any of the episodes to justify Bernkastel's assertion.

How ever I agree with your 2nd and 3rd statement. And I also want to ask one question, did we ever find out the secret about Battler's birth? I have not been able to "connect the dots" with that riddle, unless I some how it has been mention and I missed it completely T_T
Old 2010-12-19, 03:58   Link #1910
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
savk696: In Lion's world, there is no Shannon, so Battler never made her a promise.

The truth about Battler's birth has not been explicitly stated. General belief is that he's really Kyrie's son. It's greatly debated whether the swap was accidental / deliberate, and who was involved / knew about it. My person belief is that Rudolf did it alone, because he wanted to marry Asumu instead of Kyrie.
Old 2010-12-19, 04:09   Link #1911
savk696

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
savk696: In Lion's world, there is no Shannon, so Battler never made her a promise.

The truth about Battler's birth has not been explicitly stated. General belief is that he's really Kyrie's son. It's greatly debated whether the swap was accidental / deliberate, and who was involved / knew about it. My person belief is that Rudolf did it alone, because he wanted to marry Asumu instead of Kyrie.
Ah ohkie I do appologise if i sounded arrogant, like every one else, I have my own theories and want to know the whole truth, can't wait for episode 8 :P

I thought Kyrie either had an abortion or miscarried, I think it was from episode 5 or 6. I remember she told Jesseca about that.
Old 2010-12-19, 04:16   Link #1912
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Kyrie thought she had a stillbirth.

More specifically, general belief about Battler's birth is:
1) Asumu had a stillbirth.
2) Kyrie gave birth to Battler.
3) By accident or design, the two records were interchanged.
Old 2010-12-19, 04:58   Link #1913
Thunder Book
Endless Member

This isn't a point I haven't seen be discussed much, but based on the beginning of the Episode am I supposed to think that Jessica's asthma is fake, or that she fakes asthma attacks sometimes?

I didn't actually have time to reread the first half of the patch, but going from memory I'm a little confused.
Old 2010-12-19, 04:58   Link #1914
Rattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Actually I don't think it's exactly that.

Battler's sin is what he did to Shannon, the words he had spoken.
"6 years ago you committed a sin".

Battler's returning to Rokkenjima is what triggered the tragedy, but that is not his sin.
Yeah I jumped the gun and I saw that right line after I posted, my bad. 030

Still, it really excites you when at least one part of your theory is correct

EDIT: about the trigger btw...
Old 2010-12-19, 06:42   Link #1915
Jaden

By the way, in the episode 7 prologue we can see Will rescuing someone from a bunch of other executors. I was expecting for that to be a sneak peek of what happens later in the episode, kind of like the wedding in episode 6.

But it never happened. So that scene is not related to the Rokkenjima incident at all? It was just to show what kind of character Will is, and maybe the reason he quit his job?
Old 2010-12-19, 06:58   Link #1916
Cao Ni Ma

Probably, also to get a taste for those that didn't know about the Dine rules.
Old 2010-12-19, 07:01   Link #1917
incko

I'm in the middle of the Tea Party of Episode 7,

a few moments before Will appears in the Tea Party the text says somethign about
that the persont talking is not capable of love(sex?) because of his body, and that he had rather died of that accident than live this life similar to furniture

Is this Lion talking? and is this the answer to his gender question? does he in fact have no gender because of some strange accident? was some kind of accident ever mentioned in the story?

I would love to read some answers of you
Old 2010-12-19, 07:10   Link #1918
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

The prologue is just to introduce a bit of Will and how he works, I guess. Some people end up thinking that the 'maid' was Shannon.

Omg what's with Rudolf and Kyrie.
Old 2010-12-19, 08:25   Link #1919
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
By the way, in the episode 7 prologue we can see Will rescuing someone from a bunch of other executors. I was expecting for that to be a sneak peek of what happens later in the episode, kind of like the wedding in episode 6.

But it never happened. So that scene is not related to the Rokkenjima incident at all? It was just to show what kind of character Will is, and maybe the reason he quit his job?

The general consensus is that was a scene from Will's past. The setting seems the one of a classic mystery in an england from '800.

This prologue has probably various purposes:

1) It introduces Will's character, it goes straight to the point and makes clear what kind of person he is.
2) It introduces the concept of "heart" and the importance of "whydunnit". Something that later we learn is Battler's main critique to most mystery novels.
3) It is a message from Ryuukishi to the readers to say "Have you already decided that it was Shannon? Well, think twice".

I think many people realized that all the anonymous "inquisitor of heresy" shown in that prologue represent the readers.
Ryuukishi knows that many people already have understood a lot of this story so he wanted to give us an incentive to not stop thinking and find what we already haven't understood completely:

"Shannon is close but not quite it"
"You still haven't understood the whydunnit"

I think the problem behind Shannon is that well, Shannon is just the mask behind the real person. Shannon, or rather Sayo Yasuda, is in every sense a fake identity.
The real person is Lion Ushiromiya, the fruit of an illicit relationship between Kinzo and Beatrice, and head of the family.

Old 2010-12-19, 08:53   Link #1920
Jaden

Actually I had already decided after ruminating episodes 1-6 that the mastermind has to be Shannon, though I thought her tricks consisted of just disguise, intimidation, servant accomplices, and hostages. I couldn't explain any motive and didn't realise how she could have been using the "magic of gold" or who she was. So that prologue was quite spot-on, without this episode I'd be one of those inquisitors of heresy.